• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

rest in peace mondo

I only knew Mon from IRC, where we had a number of chats about various things. He was always friendly to everyone, one of the first to greet you when you came into the channel.

Condolences to his friends and family.:(

This is definitely sad. From the one time that we met he was definitely an interesting person. Its hard to find words that convey what I'm actually feeling right now, so basically I'll just end this with rest in peace Mondo.

CB :(

I just wanted to post again. I know there are ppl here who have known mon a lot longer, I only really got to know him mostly at the beginning of this year and bit of last year. But I did care about him aye. I mean sure a lot of our chats was just silly drug nonsense or just nonsense in general. But he also opened up a lot as well at times. He used to tell me all the time how other ppl could write, or draw or make music but he always felt he had no way of expressing himself. I really encouraged him to just find any outlett of expression, maybe even writing. Mon, dude, you have expressed yourself more than words, visual art, music or any other artform could ever express. Just when you came to my bday, maybe u thought I just wanted more ppl to drug up with, yes this is true, but I just wanted u to have some fun dude, just get away from it all. When I first saw ur face, and that wonderful smile of urs, that was all I needed dude. Just being in the same room with you. I mean it was like there was so much love in that caravan all fucked up and whatnot, but it was like you brought it all together. Your presence was just enough to make me and others around happy. I only got to give ya a couple hugs, now I wish I never let go :( I'm am honoured I got to meet you at all, and I really do hope you had a good time. You also opened my eyes too dude. Im already makin so much progress in my life already and as unfortunate as it is, it was ur death that gave me the rude awakenin I needed. You've inspired me to make the most out of life and to truly love everyone around me. Mon, you have expressed so much. Your art was your wonderful soul. And I hope everyone will remember that. And I hope there are others out there in the BL community who also got a rude awakening. Not about drugs as such, just about the consequences of our actions. And I think maybe we should all learn to just accept and love each other, help out one another more. The one thiing that was truly amazing about Mon, BL has probably some of the most arrogant ppl I ever met on a forum, but Mon still touched those ppl as well. He was just a ppl person, and I just wish he really knew how much we all loved him. But Mon, I know ur still around aye. I seriously still feel ur vibe. And the vibe will never dissipate, it will just become more harmonious.

Rest In Peace Mon

:(

Damn... this sucks. :(

Beavis was a good friend to me for some time. Although I'd hardly spoken to him over the past year, I always wondered what he was up to.. wish I'd caught up with him in brissy last year.

Nothin' to say 'cept those who knew you, will miss you bro. :|

p.s. I only knew him from *underground* sources, so we never knew each others full names. If someone could pm me his real name that would be nice, I would like to pay my respects in person.

Last edited:
:( We were meant to be meeting up soon:(

I still can't come to grips with it....it doesn't seem real...i've known him for soo long....he had been pretty depressed most of the time i talked to him....and i was hoping it would not come to this....he was such a caring and friendly person...i just can't believe i will come online and never see a msg from him asking how i am...i'll never be able to talk to him about anything ever again :(.....i wish i could have said more to him before this happened:(

I miss him soo much already :(

it just doesn't seem real....i don't want it to be real :( *cries*

Cheers to mon.

Hi, I never met mon. I'm kind of sorry I never got the chance to before his passing as I'm kind of new to the Bluelight Community. But... he seemed like a nice guy and I just wanted to send my condolances (sp??) to his friends and those that did know him.

Tonight, I will definately take time to have a beer in silence for the guy.

While it's true, that I didn't know the guy, from the posts I have read it is plain obvious to me that he was a man much missed and the potential that sparked from his heart will be a great loss to the future.:(

I just thought I'd let ppl know that I got a call yesterday from Mon's gf, Hannah. She was at Mon's parents place; they found a suicide note :(

Generally he just said that he couldn't cope with life anymore and that he hopes everyone has a happy life :~(

The funeral will be on tuesday coming, and if anyone else would like to know more information pls just msg me.

I guess ppl who knew mon knew this was not an accident, but this has still hit me hard I have to say. At least now we have some closure on this matter.

R.I.P Mon, I will miss you so much, I just wish you knew how much we all really cared for you. I wish we could have made your life more bearable, but I know now buddy you're in a better place.

Peace Out

:~(

I am utterly speechless...

Here's to Mon, to the life he led, to the lives he touched, to the lives he will live again.

Hope to meet you again one day my friend.

thats so sad :( i only knew him from his posts here....

my heart goes out to friends and family.

its good to see how many people tried to support him and help him through. i suppose sometimes we just can't do enough. R.I.P

Was just going to mention about mon's obituary in the paper, but Dirty_Deed got to it first....so it was suicide...*sigh* :(

I'll be going to attend the funeral.
peace to you ray....

I still cant beleive this. A genuine, lovely person who will be sorely missed.

Mon. A freindly, sincere, just plain good natured person. I never met him in the physical world, but it was always reassuring to know he could be counted upon to be up keeping #bluelight warm during the same bizzare predawn hours I used to maintain. He was a welcome sight, and our chats always used to help ease the lonleyness and stress I had during those long insomniac periods. It's sad he shall never know how much he actually helped, how important knowing someone else was awake and alive out there actually was to me sometimes. What a waste.

I know now that when I will be up on my own at 3:30am sometime studing, freaking out and smoking too many cigarettes... I'll be thinking about Mon, and my world will be a little colder. My solitude a little deeper.

It's a real fucking shame to see you go. Rest In Peace Mon.
:(