• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

rest in peace mondo

raymond.jpg

I have been trying and thinking hard what to say for the last hour or two... but I am lost for words. I am deeply shocked.

It was really good to see you again down Sydney for the second time after meeting you for the first time at a rave when you came up to Brisbane last Easter.

I am really glad that I got the chance to know you better, you were a really warmest gentle soul whom I really enjoyed your company and our long conversations over the weekend.

I am going to miss our chats over the MSN and IRC chatrooms.

May the Peyote Spirits guide to you the heaven peacefully.

r.i.p mon

i am glad you experienced some happiness in your last days. miss you mon.

Last edited:
Emptiness...

24.gif
You were loved!
24.gif

This news has brought tears to my eyes. What a tragic ending for such a sacramental person to leave this earth.

I spoke with Mon over IRC and MSN on many occasions. A beautiful person he was, but deeply unaware of his potential in life. A young man driven solely by his depression. He cried out for help so many times, to so many of us. We listened, we spoke and I think we did all we could as a community of caring people.

This is truly a sad day. The realisation that Mon took his own life and that he didn't realise how much support, caring, and even love he had from this board amazes me. On so many occasions I recollect his happiness, and reflect on the deep depression he must have felt. It honestly breaks my heart to hear this news.

I feel a deep regret, sorrow and sadness and I will most certainly miss Mon dearly. Though I didn't know Mon personally he was a great, amazing, kind hearted, beautiful, and friendly person with a divine personality. He was liked and loved by many on Bluelight.

For You Mon - For what is it to die, But to stand in the sun and melt into the wind? And when the Earth has claimed our limbs, Then we shall truly dance. -- Kahlil Gibran

Rest in Peace my friend - You will be remembered. I sit in hope and wonder if now you have found true happiness and contentment. You deserve every bit of it. Final fulfillment.

24.gif

shals

Fate must have a reason, why else endure the seasons...

Although suggestions had been made, I do not believe that it has not been confirmed whether Mon's death was a choice he made, or merely an act of carelessness. Either way, speculation as to which it may be is fruitless as it can not change the final outcome.

In mourning Mon's death and celebrating his life, do not forget to take his passing as a stark and painful reminder to us all of what it was that brought us to this board in the first place - harm reduction.

Don't assume that everyone there knows their limits, don't assume that everyone is okay, don't place the importance of having a good time infront of safety... practice what we have learned, take care of yourself and each other.

The loss of one member of our community is the loss of one member too many.

Jesus christ.. this is not the news I expected to read today... or any day infact. :\

Words will never begin to express the emotion linked with the untimely passing of a friend. Such a beautiful kid with such untapped potential.

RIP Mon, in life you were never forgotten and so you may never be in death. :|

oh my god :( i started talking to him over a year ago on irc and msn and then stopped usuing both. we recently started talking on the phone a weeks ago and we even had a visit planned and a weekend out together but he got sick.

i can't believe this happened. He was very depressed when i first knew him but the last few times i talke to him he said he was better and happier and fine.

i can't believe he's actually gone :(

I wish i had gotten to meet you physically Mon :(

i would just like to say thanx you to all his friends he loved you all always heard about you and i new he cared but to thoes who are sad who said they should have made him go to melb don't be sad he was coming in augest to live you guys have helped him so much we will all mis him very much but remember he is still with us all in our hearts and looking after us i don't know how to thank all of you enough from myself we all did the best we could for him mon rest in peace we are all thinking of you i was glad i got to know you u opened our hearts so much whenever we were sad love you always haz (Angel)

Like a few others, I didn't know Mon, as I'm a pretty new member of this community.
While we may not be physically close to each other, or know each other on a physical level, we are still a community, and a tight-knit circle.
To those who knew him, my deepest condolences. Your words reveal him to be a wonderful man, with a kind and gentle soul.
A link in the circle has broken. Those of us left must stand closer and stronger to support each other.
RIP dude....I think the words written in this forum prove what a good bloke you were.

LOTP

i cried this after noon when i had the room to myself. :( a sadness has formed and i will really miss him. he was always the one who said hello when i signed into msn. he was always there. we have been friends for nearlly three years now and its a shock to think that he wont be there to talk to and laugh with anymore.

he was always the one who would never give me advice because he would tell me i always knew what i had to do. he was the most genuine guy i could ever know. its taken all day for me to put into words the sadness i now feel.

i wrote this for Mon a while back when i was so worried about him and his depression. he was a dear friend to me and i love and will miss you heaps.

:(
24.gif

i just feel priveledged to of known him in real life and not just over Bluelight.

May you rest in peace angel. You will be missed.

:( :(

:(

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

R.I.P Mon

OMG

Im in complete shock

Like some of the people who have posted I talked to mon all the time on IRC. Tho I never met him, was always msging him and having long chats with him about everything.

I feel like I should of done more after some of the convos we had.

I just got the news today. I am still crying. I am so sorry Mon.
:( Dude u will be very much loved and missed. I just hope my bday bash was enjoyable and that your last days on ur mortal coil were enjoyable. Mon it was only this weekend I was druggin up with ya and havin a laugh and a hug. Only this weekend I grew to know just how special ur aura and presence is and always will be.

R.I.P Mon

In the end we had good times aye champ

:~(

This didnt really hit me until I read this thread. I was lucky enough to meet Mon once when he visited brisbane.
Rest in peace man, i'll miss you.