• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Regional Doofs and harm reduction parties

What are yoy trying to say about parties in Tassie?

Heisenberg you have been truly talking out of your arse

A regional doof is almost always a free one and as far as I'm concerned any small party should be both free and open and will attract the kind of people who are similar to those who are running the party.

goonsacks? what the fuck is wrong with drinking goon at a party. I've been drinking the GB since I started going to parties and it is par for the course here in Tassie, where the party scene is usually free and always open to all, but still gets a predominantly 20-30 crowd.

Do we need drug phamplets handed out at events like this. FUCK NO
the idea is that these events are all smile and all respect, people are going to take drugs but people are also going there to be away from the bullshit propaganda that is always associated with the mainstream dance scene, this is true of things like rave safe and those crews. (im not trying to say they dont have a place but still at a small outdoor gig there is no need for them)

Doofs are a place for free expression and enjoyment, not a place where we need harm minimization shoved down our throats.

As for whether young people are welcome, of course they are as long as they are willing to respect the general principles of the party (respect, freedom and love for music) I stated going to parties at 16 and I was always off my face but I was still respecful and took my cues from the older people at the party.

Water, should be provided if tickets are bought, but still you would have to be mad to go out to the bush without enough food and water to last you for as long as you were there. This comes down to the simple fact that a lot of people aren't really thinking about doofs and what they are. But thats not how its going at the moment, with some people likening a doof to an outdoors nightclub.

thats a bit of a rant I know but still
respect for yourself and care for the environment is all you need for a successful and safe party

ps: Hiesenberg. please don't talk shit about where acid is made or how its imported, because you obviously have no idea of whats going on and are simply helping the spread of untruths through our culture.

Okay mate and you know. cool :)
Thanks for the stats, is this how most doofers feel reguarding my questions?

Free water with a ticket sounds like good harm minimisation. But I was asking if this happens often. I know what its like to be stuck on a combo of psychedelics and other drugs without any water for miles. It was a horrible feeling.

I myself think its sickening when people bring their children to doofs and take a bunch of drugs but I guess if theyre looking out for them while sober it is fine. But from going to Nimbin ones I was really pissed off that theyre letting kids as young as 4 or 5 run around like a doof where everyone is tripping balls, free to do what-ever they want. Or pick up a lost baggie with a lolly or something in it.

Last edited:
If your stupid enough to take heaps of drugs without thinking about vital things like water then you've really got no one to plan but yourself now do you?

as for kids at parties, at bigger festivals there is nothing better than a good percentage of children, a family vibe to a party makes things incredibly good.
Yes they should be well supervised, however if kids aren't able to walk around a party without being in danger there is something wrong with that party.

Northern NSW is notorious for having doofs that are actually just shit parties full of methheads and bogans, this is not in the spirit of doofs and is more likely to be a reflection of the sad fact that for young people in those areas there is fuck all else to do!

still the way things go in tassie, its still a very much who you know kind of thing as to finding out about parties, yes they are most certainly open invite for the most part, however this does not mean that every cat in town knows all about them

I agree on North NSW doofs. If theyre known about dickheads come. Thats why a lot of the time they keep it a secret before the event. To make sure no dicks rock up or police wanting to ruin everyones fun.

Did you guys know in New Zealand its not uncommon that the council of certain areas gives people of all ages something to do at outside dance parties (mostly d n b though), as long as there isnt alcohol on the council park lands.

BTW, in reguards to information being pushed down your throat, thats not the case. Have a stand with some beanbags and if people that dont really know what theyre taking can have a look. It wouldnt be someone bible bashing you about your drug usage. They would be doofers themselves anyway, not government health employees even if it was funded.

I can see what you mean, and I'm not against that sort of thing at bigger festivals, but a free party isn't about the need for harm minimisation IMO, its a get together of likeminded people with a love of music and a solid understanding of the drugs they take. Often just having experiecned doofers around will help people understand that you dont have to get super spanked to have a good time

Thoughtcrime said:
Doofs are a place for free expression and enjoyment, not a place where we need harm minimization shoved down our throats.

Who says we want to shove HR down people's throats? If a harm reduction service is there great, but the way they usually get run is that they don't try and give people lots of information unless requested, otherwise you come off as preachy.

haha i remember a doof i went to, a couple of cars full of bogans pulled in and did a couple of burnouts and then bailed....fuck i bet they thought they were sooo good.

that shits real messed up when you're just trying to cruise and have fun. really fucks up the vibe. even worse when cops pull up :(

Thats why all the free parties along the coast get broken up. Because of previous parties of youth violence fuelled by alcohol. Queensland now doesn't allow any beach parties at all when you ask for permission. Unless its Schoolies or something that is government run.

I cut my teeth at S.E Aus summer bush doofs and rate them quite highly/safe.

Some of the bigger ones have gone slightly main stream over the years. This happens to any long running event and they will attract the odd dickhead from time to time.

Free events will attract people you don't want unless you have a massive circle of friends to make it a good night, weekend or as happens to me all the time, a week :)

The people at these events tend to be more knowledgeable about drugs as a whole than the club culture and yes i have seen the odd person drop at bush doofs but nothing compared to events at clubs and stadiums.

A doof filled with kids sucking on goon bags sounds lame as fuck.

Change crews if that's the norm

Not somewhere i'd like to trip anyway.

As for safety, crews look out/look after one another and there has always been ambulances/medics present at events i have attended.

I highly recommend everybody here gets training for level 2 first aid or at least basic training. You may save someones life one day.

If the event is run legally to regulations you should be safer than most clubs where you may drop to the floor and get swept under the carpet or thrown out the back door.

I would be mindful of both my friends safety and that of my own at free events that may not have the correct health and safety procedures in place.

Your life, your decision

I've never looked back and hope to trance for many more years to come %)

Yeah true about dropping or hurting yourself in a club. Backdoor treatment always. Even with broken bones. Wish I could name the place so everyone knew how bad they are.

Thats why all the free parties along the coast get broken up. Because of previous parties of youth violence fuelled by alcohol. Queensland now doesn't allow any beach parties at all when you ask for permission. Unless its Schoolies or something that is government run.

thats fucked WA allows heaps more its the best state in australia
its the wild west
i used to drive around as fast as i could through suburbs and along the beach i was drunk most days within hours of waking up and drink drived all the time.
most slack law speed camera detectors are legal and they don't care about weed or small amounts of drugs.

schoolies i wish they hadn't evented toolies i recall gonig to leavers the year after mine before toolies came in fuckin media and pigs. I gonig to go gold caost this year with a big tool shirt on. lol

bush doofs are best on private property where cops don't knwo if anyone knows of any good ones coming up let me know. i used to love ones in WA run by my mates.

Drink driving and seeding is not cool. early been killed too many times because of that shit. once was basically hanging off a wet windy mountain road

its the wild west
i used to drive around as fast as i could through suburbs and along the beach i was drunk most days within hours of waking up and drink drived all the time.
most slack law speed camera detectors are legal and they don't care about weed or small amounts of drugs.

schoolies i wish they hadn't evented toolies i recall gonig to leavers the year after mine before toolies came in fuckin media and pigs. I gonig to go gold caost this year with a big tool shirt on. lol

bush doofs are best on private property where cops don't knwo if anyone knows of any good ones coming up let me know. i used to love ones in WA run by my mates.

Yeah, way cool!

Why do the idiots always live?

I wish i could take you back to see my drink driving mates on the viewing table.

Or even worse, the gorgeous girls with everything to live for that were killed by a repeat drink driver.

They were heading to our friends birthday party in perfect driving conditions. When they didn't show, we rang around only to find out they were run off the road and killed by someone we knew all to well...

You don't want to be him or in a body bag

No, why Mildura? The kid killer?

I enjoy rain, the sea and green grass wayyyyyyyyyyy too much to live there. Also, my friends are a little more vintage than that!

Sadly, it happens all over the world and the more you live, the more you realise it could have been you or more people close to you.

If someones trying to get behind the wheel, do what you can to stop them and if that fails, call the cops. They'll hate you but it's better than that knock at the door or phone call, that's for sure!

its the wild west

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and call you on on being a fuckhead too. You sound like exactly the type of person that is ruining the NNSW scene.

In regards to free water being provided at events where tickets are sold.... umm yeah right, clubs don't provide you free (bottled) water and they get it right to their doorstep. What promoter would bring out hundreds of litres of water to provide to doofers. Some parties will have plumbing but it is a very small majority if you aren't just going to the big ones. If you are going into the bush you need to take water. Not like it is that hard to take enough for a weekend anyway.