• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Regional Doofs and harm reduction parties

^will do, thanks.

While I understand the comments referring to blood alcohol aren't likely to relate so much to Joe average - the occasional drinker; it should be remembered that metabolism rates are relative to how much alcohol a person regularly drinks. Levels of isozymes and other enzymes increase in people who drink a lot, particularly everyday drinkers.

Around a year ago, a policeman pulled over my brother and asked if he'd been drinking. My bro said, "to be honest, I've had quite a few Casscade Lights" The cop said, "you'll be right mate, I can drink a six pack of those, one after the other, and not even register...". Thankfully my bro also blew under. Most people are likely to know someone who has blown under .05 after drinking seemingly large amounts. But stay off the booze for a week or so and things tend to return to normal. I'm sure a lot of people are caught out this way.

It's also possible metabolism may be affected by the use of other drugs which may also raise levels of mixed function oxidases, and of course it can work the other way as well where the drug/s preferentially binds to the enzyme/s involved.

FWIW I know of an older lady who doesn't feel any affects from alcohol. She doesn't bother drinking simply because she has never felt any form of intoxication from alcohol. I witnessed her drink one Christmas - certainly enough to get the average person drunk - yet she displayed no symptoms of intoxication. Likewise, many drugs don't seem to work for her either, a condition which has presented problems for her in her old age.

Also, there are people who produce unusually high levels of alcohol naturally in the intestines. There have been incidents reported where drivers have blown over the limit yet had previously consumed no alcohol. One famous case occured some years ago in England. iirc, the guy was able to prove his situation and got off.

^will do, thanks.

While I understand the comments referring to blood alcohol aren't likely to relate so much to Joe average - the occasional drinker; it should be remembered that metabolism rates are relative to how much alcohol a person regularly drinks. Levels of isozymes and other enzymes increase in people who drink a lot, particularly everyday drinkers.

I had a mate who used to drink heavily, so he started drinking lite, so he wouldnt lose his licence, was involved in a liberace shuffle (guy hit him), cops turned up, short version, he blew over and lost his licence.
Moral:
no one is intolerant to even light beer, and you need to be careful. So just don't drink and drive . . . .

^ true, and I apologise if I inferred that drinking light beers would save everyone's bacon. The beer I mentioned has a very low alcohol content even when compared to most other light beers. However, there's no doubt the level of alcohol can push a drinker over the limit. My intended point was that some people can be affected differently by alcohol, such as large or frequent drinkers and those with a genetic predisposition.

someone needs to rename this thread to 'invasion of the ill-informed hillbillies'

:X :X :X

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T "FEEL" PISSED AFTER A 6-PACK DOESN'T MEAN YOUR B.A.C (READ: BLOOD ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION) HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED!

Unless you have a tube at the bottom of your throat, attached to a caffeter to filter out all the booze, guess what? THERE IS ALCOHOL IN YOUR SYSTEM. PERIOD.

fuck me drunk. 8)

Just believe what they tell you. pay your taxes and don't break the law.
I can get a doctor to prove u wrong.:p
typical attack of the nerds

hyroller you must know soo much. funny just jumping into statements u know nothing about. geez some people get real upset about drinking. man some people can drink more than others and blow different numbers the alcohol to kg's isn't always standard and go linear with everyone.
Maybe you beleive those old cannabis propaganda and drug bullshit. Try finding out things first hand in real life and not just on the internet people.

Just believe what they tell you. pay your taxes and don't break the law.
I can get a doctor to prove u wrong.:p
typical attack of the nerds

hyroller you must know soo much. funny just jumping into statements u know nothing about. geez some people get real upset about drinking. man some people can drink more than others and blow different numbers the alcohol to kg's isn't always standard and go linear with everyone.
Maybe you beleive those old cannabis propaganda and drug bullshit. Try finding out things first hand in real life and not just on the internet people.

So what are you saying? That even though you ingest booze, it miraculously doesn't enter your system??

You're a stooge. And perhaps think (if you are even capable of doing it) before you start throwing around throughtless accusations - I am living, breathing proof that both alcohol and marijuana are a root cause which, hand in hand, tear families to shreds MORE than any other insidious substances known to man.

So, there you go. eat shit.

Temper temper.. Mr Dre, Mr NWA, Mr. AK comin straight outta Compton yall better make way? How in the fuck you gonna tell this man not to be violent :)

I once drank pool acid cause people said i could.
Yeah u best stay clear or i going to get gangster gangster on ya ass old school easy-e style.
then i'll crack out and get aids and go stab people with my needle of blood while i drink drive my way around taunting police to chase me like a fallen mate of mine did god bless his reckless ways.
live and die sideways.

This thread just keep going and i just keep drink driving.
Some people just like to risk it all.
Its the edge u clearly don't understand
Well stooge be funny if u cam of that sticky keyboard and i seen u on the roads it be like mad max.
lol

I once drank pool acid cause people said i could.
Yeah u best stay clear or i going to get gangster gangster on ya ass old school easy-e style.
then i'll crack out and get aids and go stab people with my needle of blood while i drink drive my way around taunting police to chase me like a fallen mate of mine did god bless his reckless ways.
live and die sideways.

Well stooge be funny if u cam of that sticky keyboard and i seen u on the roads it be like mad max.
lol

LOL. Laughing at you, not with you.

lol

Clearly - having precious little to risk in the first place.

Hey there, just thought I’d put in my 2 cents worth with the issue of alcohol, driving and how it relates to the issue of harm reduction at regional doofs. Yes I think everyone can think of a situation where someone has consumed what would appear to be a considerable amount of alcohol, effectively enough to blow over the limit but for some reason doesn’t. As Phase – Dancer has stated, there are various factors that can impact upon your blood alcohol levels. When you consider all of the factors regarding alcohol and driving what we do know is that if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is:

0.05 blood alcohol, you are double the risk of being involved in a crash.
0.08 blood alcohol, you are 7 times the risk of being involved in a crash.
0.15 blood alcohol, you are 25 times the risk of being involved in a crash.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downloads/2005_04_drinkdrivingbrochure.pdf

As was previously stated, some people may not appear intoxicated but may still have high blood alcohol concentrations. Dealing with one’s state of intoxication regardless of the drug is and can be for most individuals a learnt experience. You effectively learn to cope and compensate for the level of intoxication. In a previous life I was involved with some interesting harm reduction initiatives on the far north coast of NSW at some of the larger festivals and many of the local doofs. One such initiative at some of the bigger events entailed having a free breathalyser service at the exit so people prior to getting in their cars could blow into a calibrated breathalyser to ascertain their blood alcohol levels. It was a fantastic initiative as many people would try to calculate their BAC prior to blowing in the machine and on many occasions would get it wrong. If they were over then they had the option of not driving or taking alternative options. It comes as no surprise that most people who were just over would not choose to drive particularly when we informed them that a booze bus was down the road. Even the cops supported this initiative as the DUI charges were reduced on the occasions we operated the gizmos.There was always someone who would run the gauntlet despite being well informed of the consequences.

Interestingly on various occasions we would have 2 individuals who would be the same gender, fairly similar body size, had consumed the same amount of food and alcohol, going drink for drink and would blow completely different BAC. Sometimes one over the other under. I must state that these situations were quite rare. The science of BAC is fairly accurate unlike the pseudo science of roadside drug testing that test for the presence of a substance and not for impairment.

what happened to tadfish? line through his name
that post had me laughing my ass off about aids, syringes of blood drink driving taunting cops.
Dont think he was bein' serious

Anywayinteresting to see my thread fail for getting info about reducing possible harm at doofs, seems theres little to no response or interest rather than bring water and dont be a pussy and ride it out if you're in a bad state.

Anywayinteresting to see my thread fail for getting info about reducing possible harm at doofs, seems theres little to no response or interest rather than bring water and dont be a pussy and ride it out if you're in a bad state.

I thought I'd responded to your original q's.

The Trickster: Great post, thankyou. Makes me wonder if I'd met you in your previous life?

Yeah I know you did :)

Just funny to see the kids that take acid every weekend have a go at me because they haven't cracked yet.. their day will come. It seems people who take LSD and mushrooms a lot start to get a bit of an opiate user elitism.. until they crack that is. I was like that and probably still am to an extent. But least I admit I had a problem and only trip once a year or so now.

Ha ha, nice one. More like me in the late 70's though. Like most kids that grew up in 60-70s, I loved HR PuffNStuff...probably had a significant influence on my view of life, along with Roger Ramjet, The Magic Roundabout, Pipi Longstocking, Top Cat, The Goodies and a few other noteworthy kid shows of that time.

That was a very good first post trickster.
All I can really say about tadfish is that he is a mindless tool who shouldn't be allowed to preach his nonsense on an open forum like this.
Talking about infecting people with his dirty blood, bragging about driving pissed.. wtf??

Thought I'd post this goldie from a number of years ago with regard to First Aid and people taking it a bit too far! Not so much at regional doofs but still an important mesage about first aid in the wrong hands. It was posted on Bluelight a number of years ago.

Warning on ice cube enemas
By Judy Skatssoon
24Sep03

DRUG and medical experts have issued a warning following evidence that would-be first aiders have been using ice cube "enemas" to revive people from drug overdoses.

Experts say putting ice cubes up the rectums of unconscious people has no physiological benefit and can even lead to seizures and stroke.
According to Paul Dillon, research officer with the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), some people have been attempting to insert ice cubes into the anuses of friends who have become unconscious after taking the party drug GHB in the mistaken belief that it will revive them.
But GHB overdose expert David Caldicott, of the Emergency Department of Royal Adelaide Hospital, said the practice was potentially hazardous.
Quoted in the gay community newspaper the Sydney Star Observer, Dr Caldicott said putting an object into the rectum of someone not expecting it could cause a "vagal" reaction.
This occurs when the vagus nerve, which slows the heart, is activated.
On top of the blood pressure-lowering effects of GBH, a vagal reaction can potentially stop blood flow to the brain.
The matter should not be treated as a joke, Mr Dillon said.
"An overdose in a club is embarrassing enough for the person involved," he told the Star Observer.
"The sight of the incapacitated person with their pants around their ankles having people inserting ice cubes is beyond humiliating and potentially dangerous.
"Some of the people doing this should know better and should not pretend to be trained medical professionals."
The procedure could also result in charges of sexual assault, he said.
This report appears on news.com.au.

I have this horrible image of first aiders running around with paddle pop ice blocks!:)