ReDNet 'legal highs' study

Hi all!

The recruitment is now closed :) We're hoping to get back to you as soon as possible with the results. Many thanks! Your help is much appreciated.

Simple and unbiased. Taken, and good luck with your research.

Great Survey...it was a lot of fun to complete because I am very passionate about this subject.
I also wrote this on the survey and I just would like to know how many people here agree with me or not....

New Zealand is going in the right direction. They are creating a controlled new system that is government-approved of legal highs. The "legal high/drugs" is a $250,000,000 million dollar business. It is unregulated and potentially dangerous. Sure you can make new laws and ban the substance but there will be a newer one more potent legal drug next week. The lawmakers cannot keep up with this system. The underground chemists will always be one step ahead of the law.
There's an old saying that if you can't beat it then join it. America's war on drugs has failed miserably. Our prisons our overcrowded with good tax paying citizens just because they prefer to get high instead of getting drunk. This is a quiet but powerful revolution going on not just in USA and UK but everywhere in the world. Most of society has finally accepted gay rights as the righteous movement but people like me are constantly put down by society because of my lifestyle. People like me don't like to drink fucking alcohol because it makes me extremely sick. Alcohol and tobacco, Americas two favorite legal drugs kill millions of Americans every year. That's okay though, there are bars fucking everywhere and drunk idiots fighting and killing other people all the time. Ummm...no thank you...not for me and millions of others just like me. United States not only should have a "legal drug" system in place...IT WILL!!! The world is constantly changing and this is a change that you can only delay but sooner or later...it will be in place. This system will help the U.S. government get out of the huge debt they are in. WAKE UP WORLD...ONE DAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE AND LEGALLY USE MANY LEGAL MOOD ALTERING SUBSTANCES RECREATIONALLY. ....
"THAT WILL BE A SMALL STEP FOR MAN....and a giant leap for my kind"
Thank you and I really hope you guys will bring this into the positive light :)

survey taken, but the sad thing is only anti-drug government surveys are ever made public

I also filled out the survey. I know not being a European resident, as I stated in the questionnaire, I am not the study's stated target but I hope my responses can be put to good use anyway.

I was surprised not to find alpha-methyltryptamine on the list. This drug is getting more and more attention, and is among the most well-known and widely used legal highs in my social circle at least.

Took the survey - was easy, quick and as well-balanced as a drugs survey is going to get :)

I don't qualify.
Wait for the research papers to report "not too harmful" and an Analogue act passed.

(Sorry, Im bitter because alcohol has stripped 15 yrs of my life, available without stigma within walking distance of any village, and all they do for harm prevention is put more tax on it)

Sorry for the rant - tail end of an ethylphenidate binge. :X