ReDNet 'legal highs' study

Merenwen

Greenlighter
My name's Ursula and I'm a researcher at the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London. I'm looking to recruit people for a survey that is trying to find out what young people know about 'legal highs'. This survey is part of a study that is looking at different ways of providing up-to-date, accurate, and balanced information about 'legal highs' to young people. We want to know about their current level of knowledge, current sources of information about 'legal highs', what type of information they would like, and how they would like to receive it (e.g., SMS, social networking sites, websites). We also want to find out about their current use and attitudes towards 'legal highs' and other illicit drugs.

The survey can be found by clicking here: http://www.legalhighsurvey.eu/

The survey is open to young people between the ages of 16 and 24 and should take about 10 minutes to complete. All of your responses will be completely anonymous and confidential.

There is a second phase to the study where certain participants may be contacted (if you choose to provide contact details) for some online focus groups. If you don’t want to be involved in the focus groups, then that is okay – we still want you take part in the survey.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Ursula Blaszko
[email protected]

This study has received ethical approval from King's College London Psychiatry Nursing and Midwifery Research Ethics Subcommittee (Ref: PNM/10/11-85).

Great survey. I like the fact that it is so short. I'm sure you will get a lot of responses :)

DXM should be included imo. i think it is one that people more commonly use i think.

took your survey... talk to frank is a funny site just thought i might put it out there. now i know some more slang for the streets

Thanks for filling in the survey and your feedback. DXM is a bit tricky... :)

DXM isn't really a "legal high" in the sense it's being talked about here- this survey is about research chemicals and botanicals being sold as legal highs, not products being "abused" (note the absence of codeine and solvents). Good survey Ursula, thanks, and good luck with the study!

Thanks for the explanation Vader. :) That's exactly what I meant about DXM being a bit tricky. It doesn't strictly fit in to the same category as for example research chemicals which have no recognised medical use. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for the feedback! Much appreciated :)