• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

If DOB ever came my way I'm sure I'd try it despite my reservations. DOx are very rare here so I'm not holding my breath though. Maybe one day :)

You know how most drug fiends never listen to good advice ? ;) Well your statement is a case in point - it's like fucking poison.

^^
Dob or Dom??? I tell you anyway... 3mg of dob will last you 40 hours.Peak will be 10 hours long followed with 12 hours long plateau.After that is will be very slowly going down,you will have visuals almost two days nonstop.
:):):D8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o=D=D=D:\:\:(:|:| This is DOB trip.

Everyone I know who's had DOM says around 12 hour duration - certainly not even close to 20-30 hours. This is at similar doses that you took and of the strong isomerised version - the one I have. I'm sure YMMV comes into effect though :)

Either way, I will report back when sampled for sure :)

pihkal states 14-20 hours....

The visual side of it was pretty much gone by 20, nitrous kind of made things a little bit visual for a short while....

The gurning lasted after i consider the trip itself to have ended....

i was coming down by 14, but its still one hell of a long trip....

Duration: When does trip become residual stimulation? And when does the afterglow begin? Suspect that may account for at least some of the conflicting duration stuff. Will add my version as and when :)

Honestly i dropped it probably about noon on Saturday, coming down by sometime Sunday morning. i know that around some time after the sun came up we were all taking advantage of the open nitrous tanks and doing races.... So im going to assume at around the 18-20 hour mark most of the visuals were gone for me, nitrous kind of added some distortion to the world but its nitrous... The drive home was a little confusing at around 2pm, but i was sleep deprived and coming down from a psych binge.... Still kind of wired from the DOM though, i ended up going to sleep sometime after midnight that night....

Residual stimulation and gurning seemed to last me far longer than the actual trip, this drug made my mouth hurt.... im getting something to chew on the next time i decide to do it....

Last edited:
My RC history: DiPT, 2C-E, aMT, 4-meo-pcp. All very different. And that is the purpose.

Your standard drugs are wonderful but harder to get. I havent had Acid, Shrooms, Mescaline, or DMT yet, but I've had these unique and obscure items.

The main point for me is to explore other realms of my brain and I find the RCs are just so varied in their methods of operation that I love to explore each and every one if possible. I've had great experiences with those 4 above, all of them. And yet each one was distinct, different, and made me feel a certain way that I have yet to feel with anything else.

If those 4 have produced 4 different wonderful feelings, I'd like to find the rest of them. Simple as that. I love trying RCs and if I had piles of money around, I'd have a little of everything in a magic box.

pihkal states 14-20 hours....

The visual side of it was pretty much gone by 20, nitrous kind of made things a little bit visual for a short while....

The gurning lasted after i consider the trip itself to have ended....

i was coming down by 14, but its still one hell of a long trip....

I'm possibly the only person here who's never read PIHKAL (or TIHKAL). Well, except for a few pages here and there when researching something. I find it's a good general guide but - like Erowid - sometimes quite a bit off with some details of dose and duration. Or, perhaps more likely, I'm a bit off in general ;)

Those who I've known who've taken DOM mentioned around 12 hours - longer than acid but not by a great deal - but I have been assuming that wouldn't be 12 hours from dropping till being tucked up inbed a-kip. I'm guess the 12 hours was referring to the actual trip part with a fair while before and a fairer while after to take into account.

From most of what I've read online 14-18 hours seems closer to the full duration - probably feeling kinda speedy after that still, I would think. I'll get me stopwatch out when I finally sample it :D

Ha, reading this thread is a trip; I was so fucking idealistic and egotistical two years ago....:) Well, with more belt-notches, I haven't changed too much....

Nice bringing up this olde threade :):)

yeh, i was just reading through the whole threadand noticed yours (and my old posts.)
Things sure do change in a couple years.

You've started adding notches to the belt while i continue to slowly expand my collection but dont trip as often as id like to/used to.

im still determined to try everything i have, but it may take longer than it would have a couple years ago.

But as for the original question:
i like to collect exotic psychedelics
i like to experience new states of psychedelia
i like the people ive met and the places iv gone since getting into this hobby

<3<3<3

LSD for me is great and all but I have a tendency to lump it together in with the RC category. It has it's fair share of body load in me, lots of farting, tension, headaches sometimes from the tension, strung out hangover the next day, etc.

Dude, that sounds like a perfect desriptiion for not clean Acid.

i bet if you have some proper clean LSD, there would be no turning back.

^^
Dob or Dom??? I tell you anyway... 3mg of dob will last you 40 hours.Peak will be 10 hours long followed with 12 hours long plateau.After that is will be very slowly going down,you will have visuals almost two days nonstop.
:):):D8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8oo8o8o=D=D=D:\:\:(:|:| This is DOB trip.

You are a card man - you know full well what my response is!!!!!! :D

I'm possibly the only person here who's never read PIHKAL (or TIHKAL). Well, except for a few pages here and there when researching something. I find it's a good general guide but - like Erowid - sometimes quite a bit off with some details of dose and duration.

I havent either. Never picked either of them up. Just when Im searching for info on a drug do I poke around. Or If Im in the market for something new.

But I agree with you. I think though it has to come down to the fact that probably lots of things were used in short periods of time and a variety of tolerances can be noted.

I first began to use RC's to find a replacement for LSD. LSD where I live is very hard to come by so finding a reliable vendor of chemicals so many people try and like her I decided to give it a go. I would like to say at this point I could have been an addict because I craved LSD and other drugs alot. I ordered some 2c-e and eye balled a dose and Oh My Goodness...

I was ripped apart. The experience made me realize what is really important and omg the visuals were intense. I do miss the trees growing but PEA's and such give a dif vibe. Anyways, i found RCs to be more theraputic. I am interested in psychology so this really intrigued me. I kept trying other PEAs looking for a LSD replacement though just for the heck of it. I realized now I will never find a replacement and to stop worrying. One day lucy will come to me again and I will get the warm visuals she always gave me :)

I use RC's to dissolve my ego, take a slap to the face and smile. There is so much to life, i love it. The drugs are just tools I use to give myself therapy when needed.

Felix speaks cool words.. Cept for that whole eye ball a dose part.

Thats the one thing with RC's. They are, in general, safe. But some are safer than others. And none of them are LSD safe. People have died. Those are the people that schedule them.

The one common thread is many of the deaths involve insufflation, and for this, I've decided never to snort an RC. I can enjoy oral doses, and yes its less economical, but i'd rather be alive and well thanks.

Maybe some of them are as safe as LSD.

We wouldnt really know though as there is no research being done on them.

But some of the tryptamines ive tried have felt very gentle and non toxic.

Felix speaks cool words.. Cept for that whole eye ball a dose part.

Thats the one thing with RC's. They are, in general, safe. But some are safer than others. And none of them are LSD safe. People have died. Those are the people that schedule them.

The one common thread is many of the deaths involve insufflation, and for this, I've decided never to snort an RC. I can enjoy oral doses, and yes its less economical, but i'd rather be alive and well thanks.

Thank you. I realize though that my eye balling was very foolish! It caused me anxiety and my trip had me thinking I would Overdose, therefor my ego was being shattered intensly!!! I love it though. It was horrible but beautiful. When I knew I was fine I viewed life in a whole new way! <3

Yeah nothing like paranoia to ruin a trip.

And i guess I'd be remiss to say none of them are LSD safe. Surely something out there could be. But more often than not, we read of deaths from OD's from dumbasses.

I just think we have to take the things with little data on them with a grain of salt and a bit of patience. Its always tempting to dose more and keep pushing the boundaries, but thats how you get in trouble. Sometimes, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

And there could be other problems. For instance, I had very mild tinnitus after smoking through nearly a gram of DiPT over a couple months. The ringing lasted a couple months at least. Gone now completely, but was there, only noticed when it was dead silent.

Ive heard some people have it bad.

So there can always be things we dont know about.

Because

358waag.jpg

"If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good."
Cat in the Hat
Dr. Seuss

I disagree given the lack of knowledge and understanding we have about these drugs. Just because people died from taking too much or mistaking 1 drug for another dosen't say much about the drug's toxicity.
"RCs" isn't just serotonergic psychedelics, there are many new dopaminergic and cannabinoid drugs being made that I have serious concerns about regarding their toxicity.

For me, DOB is the least of the DOXs that I've tried, among DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM, and DOT. I like DOC and DOM equally... DOM is more strongly psychedelic but DOC produces a truly intense loving state while still being a strong psychedelic.

For me DOM lasts 12-20 hours... not usually 12. It's the shortest DOX I know of, though.

DOT? Still managed to function normally a few hours after a dose - weird stuff though