• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

From my point of view, I don't see any distinction between psychedelic "research chemicals" and other psychedelics like LSD and mescaline. I use psychedelics two or three times a year for enjoyment, aesthetic enhancement, and spiritual enrichment...I may choose 2C-D or 4-AcO-DMT because they are short trips and I can count on being home in 4 hours, or I may choose 2C-E or something else for a longer experience. These days I tend never to reach for LSD or mushrooms because I simply have taken those both so many times, I do not find them as engaging as the phenethylamines, or some of the synthetic tryptamine analogues I've tried.

So to cap up, it's not the 'research chemical' part that attracts me, it's simply the nature of the drug that I look to...sometimes you feel like a mushroom and sometimes you don't. I've grown to prefer psychedelics that are not LSD or mushrooms. End of the day, just a matter of preference.

I have always been intrested in useing "E" but i never went out to look for it and stuck to smokeing weed, that got old..( or i got caught ) and stoped for 3 years, recently a good friend of mine intruduced me to RC's first mephedrone (for club use) and 2C-E (for trippin) the reason i keep useing them is becasue to me it seems like it would be harder for cops to ever get a charge to stick if i was simply caught haveing them on me and its easy and legal to buy as of now.

As a scientist, I'm aware of the necessity to use probes to both measure and alter variables in an experiment. As a human, I'm interested in my own conscious awareness and what makes me me. Put the two together, and you get an RC user!

Also, I like to know exactly what I'm taking, and exactly how much. It's often more difficult to do that with "street" drugs.

Ha, reading this thread is a trip; I was so fucking idealistic and egotistical two years ago....:) Well, with more belt-notches, I haven't changed too much....

Nice bringing up this olde threade :):)

We like to explore, after a while when its just "i could eat some acid or shrooms" that gets a little monotonous....

But if you open yourself up to the idea of the alphabet soup "i could eat some 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-b, 2c-t-7, 2c-t-2, DOC, DOB, DOM, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, mephedrone, methylone, acid, or mushrooms...."

Variety is the spice of life, and many of these chemicals have a vast amount of potential for various things.....

The 2c's are a wonderfully wide range of everything from fairly subtle to visual to heavily mental.... The DOs are a crazy family of long lasting psychs, some of which are much more fun than others....4-AcO-DMT is psilocetin, a synthetic relative of psilocybin and people seem to love it. 5-MeO-DiPT and MiPT are both known more for their erotic nature....

its like tasting good wines. there are traditional regions, and there are certain wines that diverge from the typical style (deviants!). there are varieties of grapes, varieties in techniques such as barrel fermentation or malolactic fermentation. it is all these things that make up the complexity and character of a wine.

that said, i havent tried too many. exotic compounds that is. i'm more of a collector. though my collection isn't that extensive either

5-MeO-DiPT and MiPT are both known more for their erotic nature....

Nothing erotic about thinking you're going to die by shitting yourself to death (5-MeODiPT I'm on about!)

sometimes you feel like a mushroom

Sometimes I really feel like a mushroom! (kept in the dark & fed bullshit! =D)

I mean this seriously. At this moment in my situation, it's the only way I can get ANYTHING anymore (i.e. online). I do not like advertising this to LE, but it's true!

Like morninggloryseed, I don't really make the distinction between "RC's" and more researched psychedelics. The former group is legal where I live and the differences in headspace character is determined by chemistry, not by human laws. I've tried more reputed psychedelics as well, and while they were great, so were these "RC's".

I do is for discovery purposes.

If our mind is like a radio. Then each one of these compounds that actually allows some sort of psychedelic change to occur are the stations.

Some people make music of their own, and they live perfectly content lives with out having to involve themselves into "different frequencies"

Personally i enjoy knowing that there are hundreds of different frequencies. Not all drugs have access to these different frequencies. But the ones that do, should totally be explored.

One of the reasons why i don't enjoy acid that much anymore, is because i feel it is "charted" territory. I've been there a 100 times, so why not see what else, is being played through my mind.

I guess I'm addicted to possibility. knowledge, self discovery.
Maybe its having a chance to listen to each one of these stations tell me their story.
I know for a fact that certain music i listen to while under the influence of certain psychedelics sounds nothing the same while on others.

So that is why i am firmly standing by my radio station analogy.

I take the powder, i boost my frequencies, and i tune in on my ham radio brain, to listen to what the others have to say.

I've only taken the more well known RC's (2Cx's and JWH), why? because what i read about them made me want to try them, I love psychadelics more and more... they have so much more to offer than stims or downers (which i love too to a lesser extent)

what is it, I'll take it
got a bet there I'll keep it
getting high you can't beat it

This is defiantly a hobby for me, but it varies from person to person. It can be addicting much like some people get addicted to video games, (RCs are no game btw, there's a reason "Research" is in the name.) but they offer a variety and some times the combinations can be outstanding. Provided you have done the research and have someone sober to keep an eye on you.

becose dob piss all over other 5-ht psychedelics!!!

DOB pisses over LSD?!? or DMT?!? or Mescaline?!? The list of things that DOB most certainly does not piss over goes on... ;)

Each to their own, I guess :)

LSD is the only psych that matters to me honestly

all the others are fun once in awhile

but they fall short of being a staple

I do RC stimulant and related chems (mephehdrone, methylone, light psychedelics with a stimulant edge) I find they are a way better deal then illegal drugs dollar wise, and I've come to prefer to MDPV to everything except methamphetamine.