• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC users: Why do you do it?

I would say that I first got into RC's looking for something that delivers the spiritual qualities of LSD in a shorter package. My first two chemical friends psilacetin and 2C-E took me far beyond this original goal, so much so that collecting these rarities has become my primary directive... Props to anyone who got the Star-Trek reference there :p I suppose that cheesy metaphor is in a way my answer to the main question of this thread. Why do I do it? "To boldly go where no man has gone before" I would say that before I tried RC's I never really considered psychedelics in this exploratory light. My low-dose mushroom experiences during high-school never really pushed me into that ecstatic beyond I have come to love and embrace. It wasn't until my second acid trip as a freshman philosophy student that I decided I would lead a different course in life, and follow up all avenues of interest to me. This ended up leading to a love affair with all manners of psychedelics, empathogens, research chemicals, and psychedelic plants. Since than my life has been immeasurably enriched by those experiences, and I hope to continue to add more to my little treasure chest of love <3

I disagree given the lack of knowledge and understanding we have about these drugs. Just because people died from taking too much or mistaking 1 drug for another dosen't say much about the drug's toxicity.
"RCs" isn't just serotonergic psychedelics, there are many new dopaminergic and cannabinoid drugs being made that I have serious concerns about regarding their toxicity.

I just think in generally accepted doses most of these things seem pretty clean.

Water can kill you if you drink too much and/or put it in a place it doesnt belong (i.e. lungs).

Point is, I think a lot of these things are pretty safe when say consumed orally but we've seen a lot of problems with nasal admin with the same chems.

the only reason i like to take research chemicals and i havnt taken all that many compared to a lot of people out there in dreadland. but i take them because they are fascinating... they make me feel good and, i know this isnt true, they help me get in tune with the world around me, when i finally sober up i know exactly who i am and what everything does... it gives my life meaning and a deeper understanding.... i know that that is bullshit aswell but they help fuel my imagation, and because i can be a quiet stoner recluse i find when iv been doin reaserch chemicals on the weekend all week i am energetic talkative and understanding of the people around me. its not the best way to look at it though.

the only reason i like to take research chemicals and i havnt taken all that many compared to a lot of people out there in dreadland. but i take them because they are fascinating... they make me feel good and, i know this isnt true, they help me get in tune with the world around me, when i finally sober up i know exactly who i am and what everything does... it gives my life meaning and a deeper understanding.... i know that that is bullshit aswell but they help fuel my imagation, and because i can be a quiet stoner recluse i find when iv been doin reaserch chemicals on the weekend all week i am energetic talkative and understanding of the people around me. its not the best way to look at it though.

Sounds like a good way to look at it to me.

The variety, for one. Each compound has its own uniqueness and cosmic flavor. Even the structurally similar ones are different from each other.

They are also constantly available and extremely low in cost compared to psychedelics you will find on the street.

I don't do RC's that often anymore. When I did, I was looking for a reliable, pure, cheap alternative to the classic psychedelics. Unfortunately, none I've tried could hold a candle to LSD and DMT.

The only uses I have for them anymore is for niche tripping needs, like a bit of DOC when I want to go on a full-day adventure and I need a stimulant substance to keep me up.

I don't do RC's that often anymore. When I did, I was looking for a reliable, pure, cheap alternative to the classic psychedelics. Unfortunately, none I've tried could hold a candle to LSD and DMT.

The only uses I have for them anymore is for niche tripping needs, like a bit of DOC when I want to go on a full-day adventure and I need a stimulant substance to keep me up.

I agree.

I think the only time I had bad trips with DOX is when I thought I was taking LSD so it left me with a very different type of drug and I was confused/disappointed.

I've been lurking around this forum for a while, especially PD. Something kept nagging me when I went through threads of people talking about the various PEAs and etc they've tried. For those of you that have used a decent amount of RC's, especially the obscure ones, why do you do it?

This strikes me because it's obviously not the same reason an addict does any other type of drug. With psychedelics, do you view it as a hobby of yours? Just your lifestyle? Or does it serve some sort of utility in your life?

thirst

I like it

%)Yes RC's are fun. I just got finnishd tryiing MDMK for the first time and POW i was in space for 8 days. i think a few of those days i got a few hours sleep, I felt so good a few years back i tried Meth and i think i went 10 days. that stuff was intence but the rc was just as good or better. but when i came down off meth it took about 3 days of pure depression to get over it. I think that people cant hadle the void of uphoria and the do more and eventually are hooked. this stuff though i only felt down for abot 12 hours and then i ater andhttp://www.sherv.net/icon-maker/files/icon_m36dn6kli43muodv58va9i7bs7.png?1306729301 i feel great.%)
icon_m36dn6kli43muodv58va9i7bs7.png

Maybe somebody already said this but the same reason people go to church is a lot like the same reasons i use psychedelic rc's. So i would like to ask, why do people go to church???

I do RCs

1) for novelty. There is a cornucopia of unique substances out there with differing effects profile waiting to be experienced! this applies more to psychedelic RCs, which are mainly the only ones I indulge in. I occasionally try out stimulant combos in an attempt to find an alternative to MDMA, though.

2) because a lot of them are simply better than classical psychedelics. I can't disagree enough with the poster who said that "none of them could hold a candle to LSD and DMT." DPT certainly holds a candle to DMT and MANY RCs (DOC, 2c-e, 4-aco-dmt, etc) simply blow LSD out of the water, in my mind.

I don't like RC's. They give me a sketchy vibe. Everyone I know, including myself, who's used a 2c-x compounds multiple times has lasting visual artifacts. The only RC's I'll do are tryptamines (5 or 4 subb'ed ones. Ie: 5-MeO-DMT, 4-HO-DET, etc...) or, possibly, DOC.