• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quitting Tramadol Cold Turkey

I've done this many times, I've left the tramadol in cold turkey several times. I can tell you that it is not easy without medications to help, most likely venlafaxine is a bit gross the first few days, so you should use it on day 5 or 7 when the physical withdrawal phase ends. Pregabalin would help a lot in this stage, also in the physical part of the first days, you can use about 300mg per day until the week passes. After that you can increase it to 450mg or 600mg and add the venlafaxine, not much venlafaxine, a maximum of 150mg but you should start with the minimum dose. Tramadol withdrawal is a bitch. I am not taking tramadol now, I managed to take it in a certain way at the time I want without having withdrawal symptoms when I stop, I try to use it only 2 or 3 times a week at most. I was also in doses as high as you when I started to quit and had many relapses. But it is not impossible, in my case I always use benzos since I have been using them for 4 years anyway. Good luck amigo :), I know you can do it, I don't have a job either and I just left my parents' house, I'm living with a friend now, we both use drugs but we want to do things right this time

Lots of good advice here!
Don't have much else to add really. Just wondering about the interaction between Venlafaxine which is an SNRI and tramadol. Don't know how safe it would be to use it during the taper since tramadol is also an SNRI even at low doses.

It may not be a significant problem since you obviously have a tolerance to those reuptake inhibitors, but I guess it's something to be aware of, if you were to take a medium/high dose of venlafaxine on the first couple of days.

I've done this many times, I've left the tramadol in cold turkey several times. I can tell you that it is not easy without medications to help, most likely venlafaxine is a bit gross the first few days, so you should use it on day 5 or 7 when the physical withdrawal phase ends. Pregabalin would help a lot in this stage, also in the physical part of the first days, you can use about 300mg per day until the week passes. After that you can increase it to 450mg or 600mg and add the venlafaxine, not much venlafaxine, a maximum of 150mg but you should start with the minimum dose. Tramadol withdrawal is a bitch. I am not taking tramadol now, I managed to take it in a certain way at the time I want without having withdrawal symptoms when I stop, I try to use it only 2 or 3 times a week at most. I was also in doses as high as you when I started to quit and had many relapses. But it is not impossible, in my case I always use benzos since I have been using them for 4 years anyway. Good luck amigo :), I know you can do it, I don't have a job either and I just left my parents' house, I'm living with a friend now, we both use drugs but we want to do things right this time

Yeah amigo.
I know we were both the only ones in the forum who challenged the dose limits of tramadol to the extreme hahaha. I know that this time could work for me, other times cold turkey had also done it but without the help of benzos or pregabalin. So this time I am hopeful that it will work out. Although the first 3 days will be scary.
Why do you say venlafaxine is gross the first few days? :oops:

Don't have much else to add really. Just wondering about the interaction between Venlafaxine which is an SNRI and tramadol. Don't know how safe it would be to use it during the taper since tramadol is also an SNRI even at low doses.
It has a dangerous interaction, the idea would be to use it when the dose reduction ends

Lots of good advice here!

It may not be a significant problem since you obviously have a tolerance to those reuptake inhibitors, but I guess it's something to be aware of, if you were to take a medium/high dose of venlafaxine on the first couple of days.

Venlafaxine was only intended to be taken if I was going the quit tramadol cold turkey.

Side effects are unpleasant ... Although it is different for each person

What side effects do they cause to you?
In 2013 I was in treatment and they prescribed me venlafaxine (depurol retarted) and notable regarding sertraline, which never worked very well for me.

Hahaha yes, I personally know people who exceed the "safe" doses and are just like us. But here in the forum if ... we are one of those few who do.
Highest ive ever gone in 24hrs trying to get high was 550mg, with a few benzos and plenty of k. I usually dont go higher than 400mg, especially with no benzos.

Highest ive gone in 24hrs trying to kill tooth pain was something like 1200mg, with a whole strip of 5mg diazepam, on that day a seziure was the least of my worries. I doubt ill ever go that high again though

You have to taper @supersonic89 !

A/
Lower the dose by half everyday if your in a hurry, and use a generous amount of benzos to ease the obvious discomforts!

B/
Or do it the "slow way" obtain a sufficient amount of tramadol and taper really slow like 1% less everyday, and be careful with the benzos because they are also addictive and you wont feel as much discomfort if you do it the "slow way".

C/ 🍄🍂
If you live in the northern hemisphere you could hypothetically make a nice cup of tea from Amanita Muscaria (with some lemon juice) I did that just to try it cause I was curious and was looking for natural alternatives, to all the "pharms" I am prescribed. Long story short:

I did not get "High" from the Amanita Muscaria tea, maybe a little "Stoned", I was very modest with the amounts of tea that I drank. But what I noticed was that the Amanita Muscaria tea, eliminated my Tramadol withdrawls, (I had tramadol prescribed for pain, but I wanted to quit, the Amanita Muscaria tea really helped, like in a almost magical and instant way) , not sure if it would work on you, and Im not a doctor and bla bla, but for me it completely killed the tramadol withdrawl, quite amazing thought I should share that one!

But be careful, it's your risk to take!

Hey dude. I had been on trams for a long long time... as high as 500-600mg SR per day. I'm not on them now, but only because I substituted it with another pain med (I thought it was a good idea so I could get off the tram.... but it really wasn't because now I have something else to deal with)

Before I did that my pain management doctors laid out a tapering plan for me:

* Instead of using 1x 200mg SR in the morning + 1x 150 SR at night
* Use 4x 50mg IR per day (2 morn, 2 night). And each week I was to come down 50mg.
* They also prescribed clonidine to help with the withdrawal symptoms.

The symptoms I got were:
* really restless legs, especially at night
* "brain zaps"
* insomnia
* sweats

The clonidine helps a lot with those withdrawals. If you can get some, I think it would help you.

They also recommended that I use Valium to help with the discomfort for the first days that I'm completely off the tram. If you can, save your benzos for then.

I dont think there's any real "easy way" with this dude. If you can, just do the taper and be done with it! Don't replace the trams with tapes, because that will just be another thing you have to get off....and it isn't any easier... I tried with them too! :(

Good luck dude. I really hope you are able to get off it!! <3

Does anyone know what can be take for stuffy nose during withdrwawal? Every time I am off tramadol for more than 24 hours I suffer from this annoying symptom.
Yes! Get some "nasal spray decongestant". It helps so much not having to deal with yet another side effect!

Hey dude. I had been on trams for a long long time... as high as 500-600mg SR per day. I'm not on them now, but only because I substituted it with another pain med (I thought it was a good idea so I could get off the tram.... but it really wasn't because now I have something else to deal with)

Before I did that my pain management doctors laid out a tapering plan for me:

* Instead of using 1x 200mg SR in the morning + 1x 150 SR at night
* Use 4x 50mg IR per day (2 morn, 2 night). And each week I was to come down 50mg.
* They also prescribed clonidine to help with the withdrawal symptoms.

The symptoms I got were:
* really restless legs, especially at night
* "brain zaps"
* insomnia
* sweats

The clonidine helps a lot with those withdrawals. If you can get some, I think it would help you.

They also recommended that I use Valium to help with the discomfort for the first days that I'm completely off the tram. If you can, save your benzos for then.

I dont think there's any real "easy way" with this dude. If you can, just do the taper and be done with it! Don't replace the trams with tapes, because that will just be another thing you have to get off....and it isn't any easier... I tried with them too! :(

Good luck dude. I really hope you are able to get off it!! <3

Thanks amigo for you support and kind words.

I have faith that I will come out of this well. Although I cannot hide a little fear that I have. I'm afraid that I will get so depressed and that I will want to kill my self. (but I think that's a totally unconscionable feeling) :LOL:
I have a lot of family and friends who give me a lot of support but no one knows about my addiction, except my brother. I don't know how I have been able to hide it for so long.
I don't know whether to tell them, especially to my parents since they are quite conservative.

By the way, what does clonidine do? I see it mentioned a lot in the opioid withdrawal threads.

Highest ive ever gone in 24hrs trying to get high was 550mg, with a few benzos and plenty of k. I usually dont go higher than 400mg, especially with no benzos.

Highest ive gone in 24hrs trying to kill tooth pain was something like 1200mg, with a whole strip of 5mg diazepam, on that day a seziure was the least of my worries. I doubt ill ever go that high again though

I got to take 1500mg without any benzo. :oops:Freaking idiotic behavior but the only thing that mattered was getting high. And first it turned out well, those 1500 mg cause me an impresive euphoria and nodding. I love to take this mega dosis on Fridays watching a movie and end up nodding haha I think those days will be when I miss it the most. But now 1500 mg doesn't do much for me anymore so I decided to quit. It's just a waste of money plus damage to my liver.

Hello all...
Sorry to barge in on your conversation, but im looking for some advice on whether to use uber small bumps of stims to help kick.
Any ideas...???

I don'r recommend especially the first days or the first week. Neither does alcohol. At first it feels good but the comedown is nasty and you worse than before. Also stims gave you insomnia, which it's one of the classic opioid withdrawal symptoms. What kind of stim are we talking about?