• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quitting Tramadol Cold Turkey

Hahaha yes, I personally know people who exceed the "safe" doses and are just like us. But here in the forum if ... we are one of those few who do.

Yeah these people must think we're crazy bastarda, fearless or just dumb to taking grams of tramadol :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, I don't regret anything. Tramadol gave me great moments and always feel happy during these 2 years.
Maybe the only thing I regret a bit is all the money spent buying it. But money has never mattered much to me, I would have spent it on unimportant things anyway :LOL:
Perhaps in a few years I will take it again but only as an off-label antidepressant.

wow...
long story...
oxy to bupe to methadone and now a nasty kratom habit
about a 7 year struggle...

Wow 7 years. That's a lot man

I send you all my support and strength so you can overcome this mi amigo. <3

Dif you feel something on Kratom.? or it only helped you with the wd?

I felt the kratom for the first couple of weeks or so...i was too hesitant to try large doses at first.
After about 10 days...it only kept the methadone withdrawal at bay...and my head started to feel impacted.
ct'd on Saturday...by today at 3pm was right back in withdrawal.
ive made a ton of progress and am just ready to be done, ya know...

I've done this many times, I've left the tramadol in cold turkey several times. I can tell you that it is not easy without medications to help, most likely venlafaxine is a bit gross the first few days, so you should use it on day 5 or 7 when the physical withdrawal phase ends. Pregabalin would help a lot in this stage, also in the physical part of the first days, you can use about 300mg per day until the week passes. After that you can increase it to 450mg or 600mg and add the venlafaxine, not much venlafaxine, a maximum of 150mg but you should start with the minimum dose. Tramadol withdrawal is a bitch. I am not taking tramadol now, I managed to take it in a certain way at the time I want without having withdrawal symptoms when I stop, I try to use it only 2 or 3 times a week at most. I was also in doses as high as you when I started to quit and had many relapses. But it is not impossible, in my case I always use benzos since I have been using them for 4 years anyway. Good luck amigo :), I know you can do it, I don't have a job either and I just left my parents' house, I'm living with a friend now, we both use drugs but we want to do things right this time

Hey Nico,
so you can definitely take tramadol more responsibly? I'm glad to hear that.
How bad is the depression during the first days? I have heard of people recovering in many months.
Playing with serotonin Is no joke. Eventually you end up playing a very high price.

I felt the kratom for the first couple of weeks or so...i was too hesitant to try large doses at first.
After about 10 days...it only kept the methadone withdrawal at bay...and my head started to feel impacted.
ct'd on Saturday...by today at 3pm was right back in withdrawal.
ive made a ton of progress and am just ready to be done, ya know...

Apparently kratom has a ceiling dose. More mg does not mean more high, only increase the side effects (especially vomiting).
If I had the money, I would buy some kratom to make it easier the wd. :cry:

Apparently kratom has a ceiling dose. More mg does not mean more high, only increase the side effects (especially vomiting).
If I had the money, I would buy some kratom to make it easier the wd. :cry:
When i did try the higher dose it left my sensory perception skewed...didn't like it at all.
That is what spawned this attempt to kick it all...except for cannabis of course...doubt i ever put that down.

Yesterday I only took 100mg of tramadol but I had tapentadol * that I also took and I feel really fine.
Today I woke up with an annyoing headache but I'm sure it was from lack of caffeine (more than 24 hours without caffeine is too much for me). So right now I find caffeine wd more annoying than tram wd haha. :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if @ibtisam midlet theory of taking 100mg every day and 50mg and ultimately only 25mg could work.
* The annoying thing about tapentadol is that it has a really short half-life.

When i did try the higher dose it left my sensory perception skewed...didn't like it at all.

That makes sense. How kratom kinda made me feel too coming off methadone. You feel something (a very strange not so good feeling), but certainly not a replacement which always made me wonder when I read people were doing it.

I wish they made kratom extract dabs or something.

Getting past opioid withdrawal isn't actually that bad. The thing is your mind glorifies it to be synonymous with death for whatever reasons. I've done it several times and yes it definitely makes one want to not move forward (if not just stop breathing entirely depending on how bad the wd is!).

Every time it felt like "life will never be good again--I have nothing to live for." Or-- "life without opiates is flat and grey." When it's over you're always surprised that you're fine without them. Of course I could not stop repeatedly returning to the good ole euphoria but in a way discovering how powerful the withdrawal is can help you avoid future dependency issues <3

One can only be dopesick too many times before before they really get "sick" of this shiz. I do prefer life on oxy. But who doesn't to be quite honest. Oxycodone is more expensive than a mansion to sustain over the years. What high is worth that much money lol!

Life without opioids is a little bit plane jane. There are other drugs that help with that.. but like everything there's pros and cons. Opioids have obvious life benefits. Like being happy any time of day.

Yesterday was a tough day. I was without tram for 24 hours and (unlike many) the first day of wd causes me the opposite of insomnia. When I wake up next day I started to have some strong suicidal thoughts. Those ruminant thoughts really suck. So I HAD to take 100mg of tapentadol and tramadol.
It's amazing that just 100mg of these mother fuckers made me happy again and put an end to all those shitty thoughts.

Every time it felt like "life will never be good again--I have nothing to live for." Or-- "life without opiates is flat and grey." When it's over you're always surprised that you're fine without them. Of course I could not stop repeatedly returning to the good ole euphoria but in a way discovering how powerful the withdrawal is can help you avoid future dependency issues <3

Dear friend, on what day, week or month does that happen? Because I was off tramadol or other opioids (except alcohol) at the beginning of the year (between February and April) and I never felt THAT. Every day was a freaking punishment. :mad:

One can only be dopesick too many times before before they really get "sick" of this shiz. I do prefer life on oxy. But who doesn't to be quite honest. Oxycodone is more expensive than a mansion to sustain over the years. What high is worth that much money lol!

I´m impressed by the prices of oxycodone (at least on the black market) over other opioids. Shit is fucking expensive. It was always like that? Or during the oxycontin boom (late 90s-2000s) the prices were more reasonable?

Yesterday was a tough day. I was without tram for 24 hours and (unlike many) the first day of wd causes me the opposite of insomnia. When I wake up next day I started to have some strong suicidal thoughts. Those ruminant thoughts really suck. So I HAD to take 100mg of tapentadol and tramadol.
It's amazing that just 100mg of these mother fuckers made me happy again and put an end to all those shitty thoughts.

Dear friend, on what day, week or month does that happen? Because I was off tramadol or other opioids (except alcohol) at the beginning of the year (between February and April) and I never felt THAT. Every day was a freaking punishment. :mad:

I´m impressed by the prices of oxycodone (at least on the black market) over other opioids. Shit is fucking expensive. It was always like that? Or during the oxycontin boom (late 90s-2000s) the prices were more reasonable?

Please give it a try. An honest try. It takes time and patience and not many people can endure opiate withdrawal (realistically due to the 10+ year opiate addicts out there). It's the most dysphoric and painful experience I've ever gone through. I've never faced anything that crippling dark. You can taper off to make it lessen but in my opinion it will only prolong the agony for longer. A true taper when it comes to opiates is a disciplined procedure that very few can manage on their own.

It's important that you face this withdrawal. You would have never seen the dark side of opiates and just continuously dosed day after day not knowing why people have an issue with this wonderfully and destructive class of substances. You do do not want to get far in life and have a loved one or potentially children struggling with opiate dependency. Realistically it could tear your future apart. The sooner you leave this game the better. The way you feel right now is nowhere near how bad the withdrawals get I promise you that. My last one was crippled with depression and anxiety for 15 days straight and I barely left my bed for those two weeks. After two weeks I had finally left my bed and started to eat more. But still--5 months of depression. You don't want to be in that spot and I don't want anyone to face it either. Every second was god awful. People asked me if I was alive because I didn't respond to texts. Yes... it wasn't in my head it was that bad. But as I said, whether you return or not this is a great lesson to learn! Everyone lifted has to come down eventually and really understand what they've done to themselves. There's no telling how dark it gets without that reality check to assure you it can always get infinitely darker. Opiates never let up. You think you've reached the darkest spot and baby you're not even close to how powerful it is.

I recommend a powerful sleep aid. Maybe some light benzos here and there for the hours you can't stand it. Tylenol PM helped me during an impossible time. Even if you don't make it and just reorder a ton of good tramadol I think your perception going forward will be more honest. Should you redose tramadol 5 times a day? Well clearly you'll pay for it somewhere in the future. That's what the first one taught me lol.

My experience was from high dose oxy. Repeatedly being broke for months on end. I remember in the beginning seeing others dose enough oxy to kill me. But at the end I was dosing enough to kill anyone with mild tolerance. Felt like there really was no way out. Even now I'm still mentally shaken and recovering from all of it. To feel that bad even if temporary one time? Okay you can bounce back. I've felt it too many times that the darkness kind of lingers onward and doesn't leave you.

*You can feel free to think that I am insane. But I believe that opiates are supernatural. They find a way back into your life and repeatedly insist on punishing users. It won't make sense right now but one day it will return to you and it's easy to think that you'll make the right choice in the future--but when it happens the switch is turned back on and the cycle repeats over and over. It's just important for people on lower doses to know that quitting is a repeated and long haul process for most cases. Whether you fail this withdrawal or not everyone will be able to leave opiate addiction when they are truly ready. I don't know if there's any other way. Even after the documented dated we have compiled (from addicts and non-addicts) too many people still refuse to believe that opiate addiction is a real and tangible thing. You can't just walk away whenever you want to...

As for your question: pre 2020 opioid addiction was financially feasible for even the middle class. But now the prices have escalated to a point that I can't even maintain dependency if I wanted to. I was perpetually broke from my habits pre-quarantine already lol!

Last edited: