• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quitting Tramadol Cold Turkey

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi fellas.

Long story but basically I lost my job and ran out of money and I only have about 3000mg of tramadol left. Also, I'm tired of taking tramadol every day, it almost doesn't give me euphoria. And it can never be combined with other drugs. I hate that. :cautious:

It's very dangerous to stop taking cold turkey? I have these two pills to make it a little easier:

-Venlafaxine (for serotrogenic symptoms)
-Clonazepam (for anxiety and insomnia and possible seizures)

This week I plan to quit it for good (Wednesday or Thursday). I have been taking more than 1000 mg for almost 1 year. and the first year I taken between 100-500 mg. So it seems to me that withdrawal will not be easy at all, but I am ready to give it a try.

Should I add another pharma drug? Maybe pregabalin or another? What do you think?

Thank you to reading my shitty history. And thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Taper the tram down as gradually as you are able to.
Use small doses of clonazepam when you feel crap, use more clonazepam if the small dose doesn't help, go up by 0.5mg at a time.
No need to add anything else.
Some OTC sleeping pill like dph or promethazine might help, or valerian root!
Good luck pal

Taper the tram down as gradually as you are able to.
Use small doses of clonazepam when you feel crap, use more clonazepam if the small dose doesn't help, go up by 0.5mg at a time.
No need to add anything else.
Some OTC sleeping pill like dph or promethazine might help, or valerian root!
Good luck pal

Yes man. But how can I make a tapper if I only have 3000 mg left, or do you think I can do something with that? I hardly have any money for anything.
Thanks for your support amigo.

taper down us much as you can as quickly as you can and use a benzo "like the clonazepam you mentioned" but also only use it as a support drug to help with WD and the slight chance of getting seizures

What is your current daily dose of tramadol and how many clonazepam do you have
and yes a gabapentinoids will make the ride smoother if you know what i mean

taper down us much as you can as quickly as you can and use a benzo "like the clonazepam you mentioned" but also only use it as a support drug to help with WD and the slight chance of getting seizures

What is your current daily dose of tramadol and how many clonazepam do you have
and yes a gabapentinoids will make the ride smoother if you know what i mean

My current dose is 1700-2000 mg :oops:
And I have circa 60 pills of clonazepam 2 mg.
It's possible getting sezirures for quitting cold turkey such a high doses? How can taper the 3000 mg.?

My current dose is 1700-2000 mg :oops:
And I have circa 60 pills of clonazepam 2 mg.
It's possible getting sezirures for quitting cold turkey such a high doses? How can taper the 3000 mg.?
You have PLENTY of benzo
Try taking 500mg tram see if u feel ok, add 2-4 clonaz.
If not take increments of 50mg and 1mg clona til you do
The next day take half of that tram wise, and the same clona
Then half the tram and the same clona, i expect you'll need more clona by now
Then half the tram and a good amount of clona
Save 300mg and take 150,100,50mg on your last 3 days. You will need the clona the most now probably.
Once you are done with the tram, taper the clona down by 1mg or 0.5mg a day!
This is brash and fast but if you are determined could work. Remember clona wil kick in mega fast if you dissolve under your tounge. So if you feel dodgy, do it ASAP!

KEEP A DIARY IT WILL HELP. JOT DOWN DOSAGES, DATES/TIMES ETC.

i would test the lowest dose of tramadol you can take and not be a complete "dope sick" and accompany that with a minimum of .5mg clonazepam and see if it is bearable and functional and then work your way down. Keep dropping the the tram dose and keep clonazepam at .5mg-1mg max. Even in two divided dosages and do the same with tramadol

For instance have dose of clonazepam and tramadol in the morning, another dose of tramdaol in the afternoon and then another dose of tramadol and clonazepam at night about an hour before sleep more or less. See how that treats you and work yourself down from there on the dosages. Just my personal input

You have PLENTY of benzo
Try taking 500mg tram see if u feel ok, add 2-4 clonaz.
If not take increments of 50mg and 1mg clona til you do
The next day take half of that tram wise, and the same clona
Then half the tram and the same clona, i expect you'll need more clona by now
Then half the tram and a good amount of clona
Save 300mg and take 150,100,50mg on your last 3 days. You will need the clona the most now probably.
Once you are done with the tram, taper the clona down by 1mg or 0.5mg a day!
This is brash and fast but if you are determined could work. Remember clona wil kick in mega fast if you dissolve under your tounge. So if you feel dodgy, do it ASAP!

KEEP A DIARY IT WILL HELP. JOT DOWN DOSAGES, DATES/TIMES ETC.

Wow. I definitely didn't see it from that way, but it's seek like a good strategy to at least reduce the risks of seizure, which makes me very afraid. Thank you pal.

i would test the lowest dose of tramadol you can take and not be a complete "dope sick" and accompany that with a minimum of .5mg clonazepam and see if it is bearable and functional and then work your way down. Keep dropping the the tram dose and keep clonazepam at .5mg-1mg max. Even in two divided dosages and do the same with tramadol

For instance have dose of clonazepam and tramadol in the morning, another dose of tramdaol in the afternoon and then another dose of tramadol and clonazepam at night about an hour before sleep more or less. See how that treats you and work yourself down from there on the dosages. Just my personal input

Yeah, it's a pretty good stragety.

Although I wanted to qut it cold turkey, but that besides being dangerous almost never works.

Thank you my man.

Does anyone know what can be take for stuffy nose during withdrwawal? Every time I am off tramadol for more than 24 hours I suffer from this annoying symptom.

Does anyone know what can be take for stuffy nose during withdrwawal? Every time I am off tramadol for more than 24 hours I suffer from this annoying symptom.
Haha the only good ones are also pretty addictive also. I’d just deal with it, it’ll pass.

Just wanted to say do not coke turkey from 2000mg tramadol. Like coffeeshroom has said I’d definitely be reducing to a manageable level and taking the benzo. If you could get pregabalin/gabapentin that would help also.

I’m gonna be honest and say it’ll probably be rough for a few days but stick it out. The snri withdrawal due to tramadol was the worst for me personally.

Haha the only good ones are also pretty addictive also. I’d just deal with it, it’ll pass.

Just wanted to say do not coke turkey from 2000mg tramadol. Like coffeeshroom has said I’d definitely be reducing to a manageable level and taking the benzo. If you could get pregabalin/gabapentin that would help also.

I’m gonna be honest and say it’ll probably be rough for a few days but stick it out. The snri withdrawal due to tramadol was the worst for me personally.

Yeah I know the first few days will be rough and I will have to deal with the effects of a stuffy nose hahaha.
But, I'm really committed to this and generally when I commit to something I do it even if it costs me too much.
About the SNRI symptoms, that's why I have venlafaxine 75 mg. and sertraline 50 mg, so I guess I'm covered in that aspect.

I never use nasal spray myself since their is always some rebound off that stuff (eyes drops, nose spray, laxatives, etc)

Use boiling water and a towel over your head, the steam will clear it up. It will most likely be running in a day or two anyway.

The benzos will be a miracle for you if you don't have a tolerance. jhjhsdi seems to have a solid taper plan. Start at the 500mg with a kpin and you will be good. The only thing to add is push the times out. When taking anything that carries a dependence constantly through the day, your body gets used to that. Same in reverse. Start spreading those doses out 12 hours, 16, 18, 24, etc. You can easily get a 10 day taper or so from that 3000mg. Good luck.

The benzos will be a miracle for you if you don't have a tolerance. jhjhsdi seems to have a solid taper plan. Start at the 500mg with a kpin and you will be good. The only thing to add is push the times out. When taking anything that carries a dependence constantly through the day, your body gets used to that. Same in reverse. Start spreading those doses out 12 hours, 16, 18, 24, etc. You can easily get a 10 day taper or so from that 3000mg. Good luck.

Yeah I have pretty low tolerance. 2 mg. of Xanax/Clonazepam I fell into my bed, even taking prior two strong coffees. Strong shit.

I also have tapentadol (60 pills) of 100 mg: can I take it for withdrawal? Although I know that tapentadol is different from tramadol, it's more bound to norepinephrine and tramadol to serotonin. But I still wonder if it would work it?

I also have tapentadol (60 pills) of 100 mg: can I take it for withdrawal? Although I know that tapentadol is different from tramadol, it's more bound to norepinephrine and tramadol to serotonin. But I still wonder if it would work it?
I was moved from tramadol to tapentadol without issue but it’s an opioid and you’re just replacing one with the other.

Yeah I have pretty low tolerance. 2 mg. of Xanax/Clonazepam I fell into my bed, even taking prior two strong coffees. Strong shit.

They are indeed very strong. But tolerance and dependence comes fast. If you rip through that 120mg in just a couple of weeks, the end result will not be pretty. And very easy to pop them like candy while in opiate withdrawal. When I read how many you have, it kinda scared me a bit.

Another thing I wanted to add is to have backup plans for everything. Make sure you know what kind of withdrawal you will face before you run out. Last thing you want is to end up in horrid withdrawal with nothing, and you end up sourcing something bad because of it. Get all your food, Gatorade, etc before as well.

The biggest worry in opiate withdrawal is blood pressure, and dehydration. Getting clonidine will help, but you will need to monitor it either way. If you see some bad numbers, get your ass to the ER right away.

I was moved from tramadol to tapentadol without issue but it’s an opioid and you’re just replacing one with the other.

Yeah but I meant to use it responsibly and just a help to tapering and eventually quitting both,

I think if you take low doses of 100mg every day for the next 30 day it will be better then tapper from 1g to 500mg in a week an jump from there, for complicated causes

That is also another way to look at it. If someone was on 100mg of methadone for 1 year. There is really no such thing as a 1 week taper for this guy. Dropping him right to 20mg for a for month would end up much better for him.

Sometimes a withdrawal can be so brutal it can take a very long time to recover.

How they do it in county jail. You get dropped right to 30mg regardless of your dose prior, then 1mg a day decrease. By the time you get that dose 3-5 days have passed and it does wonders.