• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

⫸STICKY⫷ Questions for Bluelight's New Members!

Hello! I'm new to Blue Light and so happy I have found this place.
I discovered BlueLight a couple of weeks ago, while browsing information about mescaline. I became a member today.
I have used various psychedelics, such as cannabis, mushrooms, aya, changa, dtm, MDMA, ketamine and mescaline. I have also used benzoes. I don't use cocaine, heroin or ice.
I mostly ingest or smoke things.

I look forward to being a part of this community.
Greetings from Australia
Hey, welcome to Bluelight! Hope to see you around.

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?
1. I honestly can't remember when the first time I browsed this site was. Apparently going on 6 years since I joined, but I clearly didn't do it to post. Do you need to be registered to use search? Or maybe to view images in posts or something like that? I was probably looking for either a mushroom hunting guide or tips on how to clean up some cut meth. I bet it was the guide, though. Something about needing to be a member to download a file from a post is ringing a bell. Anyway, years and years passed as they're wont to do until tonight where I find myself so hopelessly mired in nested distractions that I can't currently say for sure what the top level task actually is. Two distractions ago I found myself in Chrome's password manager checking out my weak passwords one of which, as you've guessed by now if you're still reading for some reason, was Bluelight. That led to one distraction ago where I logged in and changed my password. I had intended to say that that brought me to my current distraction, i.e., attempting to become an active user here, which is true in the sense it's what I'm currently doing, but my counting seems wrong. Passwords must be one level up instead of two since I did manage to change my password before I started browsing.

2. Probably web searches. I can't imagine myself finding it any other way back then.

3. By the time I found Bluelight I reckon I'd tried, approximately in this order caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, LSD, opium*, PCP**, psilocybin mushrooms, Ripped Fuel***, ecstasy, Tylox (Percocet), cocaine, DayQuil†, 25I-NBOMe, Valium, Adderall, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Vicodin, Xanax, MDMA, mescaline, Seroquel††, methamphetamine, THC oil, dexamfetamine, and GHB.

4. I think I've tried most of the ROAs at least once. Oral (lots), sublingual (LSD, 25I), smoking/vaping (the obvious), snorting (cocaine, meth, MDMA), injection (just once and won't again, cocaine), rectally (alcohol, ecstasy), and ophthalmic (LSD). I think that's all of them.

* I was still pretty young, 16 I suppose, and though I'd consumed an obscene amount of the stuff, I'd only been smoking marijuana for at most about 18 months. My memory is slightly fuzzy here, but I think in addition to already being stoned I'd drank a couple 22's of Steel Reserve (gag) by the time my friend handed me the pipe to smoke another bowl which I did. I don't remember if it tasted strange or anything, but it definitely felt different. Pleasant, but weird. It felt like it took me ages to decide whether I wanted to say something or just assume it was in my mind (sometimes kids would get really stoned then spend the whole time telling everyone the weed was laced and we'd always tease them about it). Eventually I decided to say something and he told me he'd packed it 50/50 with opium cause he'd been smoking that lately and he thought I'd enjoy it too. I did enjoy it, actually, but it's the one and only time I've done it and will probably remain that way.

** As a teen attended Bumbershoot one year with some friends. We asked some guy if we could have a toke on his joint and he generously obliged. He didn't mention that it had been dipped in PCP, though, so we were caught by surprise. It was interesting and not entirely pleasant. The thing I recall most clearly about it was this sensation that I was about 9 feet tall due to my legs turning to wood and growing suddenly longer after which they immediately burst into flames. I don't regret the experience, but I didn't think I'd ever want to do it again and so far I haven't.

*** Pretty abusively for awhile. Pseudoephedrine was a big upgrade from caffeine and I couldn't believe I could just buy it at the store and eat it whenever I wanted. The pills were absolutely vile after awhile though. I had to plug my nose and fill my mouth with Mountain Dew before I opened the bottle, then very quickly dump out however many I was gonna take and try to time it so that I was already beginning to swallow right before I threw them all straight down my throat. If I caught a whiff of the open jar, tried putting them in my mouth dry, or let them linger in the soda longer than a split second, my body would simply refuse to swallow them and I'd have to wait 30 minutes or so to try again. Eventually I did take this very strong and obvious hint I was giving myself.

† Another period where I was probably consuming way too much pseudoephedrine.

†† As a recreational drug, Seroquel is an absolute flop. For some reason that didn't stop us from trying several times though. There was the "Seroquel party" where about 10 of us each took some. A few people put up some heroic resistance, but eventually everyone succumbed and passed out in place until 10-12 hours later movement resumed with difficulty as some stumbled drunkenly into walls while others just fell right over. One Thanksgiving I ate a couple cause I was alone in my apartment and really upset cause it was unexpected so just wanted to fast forward a few days, but then my girlfriend decided we should go Black Friday shopping. I didn't tell her about the Seroquel. Through some feat of willpower I stayed awake until she picked me up, but as soon as she started driving I knew I'd be comatose well before the mall. Instead, every time she noticed my eyes closing she fed me another Adderall. It took an absurd number before I was functional, but it was really weird. I would have thought it'd be like a cancelling out effect, but it was more like being an awake corpse or something like that. Wouldn't recommend.

Hey everyone - welcome to Bluelight!

Sit down, get comfy and stay a while.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?

If you have any questions for US, please let a moderator know!

Thank you for taking the time to help out our community, and see you around :)
Hey 👋🏼 I heard about blue light so long ago I’m not sure where exactly but I occasionally would have it pop up thru searches but I never really checked out the forum in its entirety till now. Basically I was on Reddit reading the most hilarious tweaker thread. The drugs discord was being advertised saying there were more stories and down the rabbit hole I went on a mission for stim stories to make me laugh. BL was partnered with drugs servers and I’ve been in the discord since then!
I’ve been a member under a year and I started experimenting with drugs when I was about 15ish and I’m 32 so I’ve had lots of years of experience before joining 😁

I’ve browsed on and off for about 10 years coming back to read advice and see if same faces are about.

I can’t actually remember I think I searched a specific Rx and it came up

I’m not a heavy drug user not have been. I had used alcohol, weed/hash, mild atoms and that’s about it - also moderate opiates like codeine/morphine etc and benzodiazepines.

Only ever pills or liquids. Unless medically IV’d morphine counts.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

Me it was very weird because it was while I was chatting with kokobot and was invited to their discord, somehow they had a list of other cool discords and blue light was there!!! I loved it instantly but then felt very very scared as I have anxiety. Low and behold I delete my discord entirely, as an alcoholic with impulsivity does lmao and I think this was in January ? I honestly don't remember. Today I Googled bluelight and this website showed up which I didn't even know existed lmao....so now I'm like what? Why did I went through the trouble or installing discord again lmao 🤣 I can just stay here , it's even better for my anxiety as there is not as many fast messages ? I have no idea I just know I'm frightened and excited to come back and see all the things I missed and learn about my addiction so I can please please end it :/ I was also in the recovery cafe 😍

Here we go...

Sorry didn't read the others!!!
1. The forum today, the discord in January I think
2. Social media!! Tumblr and kokobots discord list of other cool discords
3. Alcohol, prescription drugs, cigarettes, hash, weed, valium. Never used any others in my life as I got sick and so -forced to be sober
4. After starting bluelight I've only drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes, and hash once or twice !

New member as of today. Questions:

1. Probably for about 10 years I would do a cgoogle search and every once in a while Blue light link would show up so I would click the link and see what you guys had to say about whatever it was I was searching for on Google.
2. Web search
3. Man before I found Bluelight I had used about every drug there is other than maybe MDMA, GHB, Shit like that. Tried powdered drugs, cocaine, heroin, ritalin, adderall, ketamine.
4. Snorting and injecting is my favorites but sometimes you just have swallow whatever drug that couldn't be broken down to inject and had all sorts of fillers so couldn't inject.

I live in the southeast United States, Alabama. Right now the drugs I am currently using are rivitrol, M-Boxes, and ocassionally suboxone. Got some Ketamine on the way, I dose the ketamine correctly for depression and it works wonders for depression. Got a little bit if ritalin.

Thats about it fellows and ladies.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
I became a registered member this evening, but have referenced Bluelight.org for almost as long as I’ve used recreational drugs beginning in August 2011. Don’t know why it took this long to join but glad to be a member. My drug of choice has been meth and I’m trying to quit. I’m hopeful there are others here who have been successful or trying to quit like me with suggestions//tips or advice to share.
Hi I wish there was more on using cannabis to quit meth, because it has helped people including myself.

Here we go...

1. About eight years lurking.
2. Web search.
3. Opiates prescribed by my GP for the last 25+ years. Alcohol, most days since 1978. I've tried just about everything, with amphetamines easily my fave continuously for maybe 13 years. Currently on Fent patches from my GP. I had a unasked for phone call appointment on a Saturday evening (?) about two mth ago. Was actually constructive. Then two wks ago, along with a letter (I will put a photo of it, it contains no personal info) that is quite an incredible piece of self-serving bs. Says that one may feel a little out of sorts for a short while when you stop (in my case 75mcg patches) them. However a little light excercise and eat some nice food and you will be just fine.
4. Just smoking, oral routes.

Years, I've been reading stuff on here for well over a decade.

It would have been a websearch. I wanted to learn about a substance before i took it and found a bluelight thread amongst all those annoying rehab centre sites that come up when you google a certain drug

I'd used alcohol and weed and I think maybe had a few ecstacy pills

Oral and smoking

1. About eight years lurking.
2. Web search.
3. Opiates prescribed by my GP for the last 25+ years. Alcohol, most days since 1978. I've tried just about everything, with amphetamines easily my fave continuously for maybe 13 years. Currently on Fent patches from my GP. I had a unasked for phone call appointment on a Saturday evening (?) about two mth ago. Was actually constructive. Then two wks ago, along with a letter (I will put a photo of it, it contains no personal info) that is quite an incredible piece of self-serving bs. Says that one may feel a little out of sorts for a short while when you stop (in my case 75mcg patches) them. However a little light excercise and eat some nice food and you will be just fine.
4. Just smoking, oral routes.

So with everyone except the Dr paying for their major life taking mistakes I can’t wait for someone to take a situation just like this and sue the pants off them and win.

This is the exact utter lack of responsibility that drives patients to the streets and to fatal OD’s.

The one thing the medical professionals fully understand is $ and their medical license to make more $.

It’s well past time that Physicians are held responsible for their major part in this epidemic.

They also should be legally held responsible for dealing with side effects the medication they prescribe has on patients, including long term effects.

Letting them just skated continue their current deadly approach is scary, pathetic and disgusting.

Last edited:

Approximately 10? Years of browsing.

Searching online for information on how to 💀, back then, TBH. But I found this.

Alcohol, cannabis (only a few times, I can’t stand it, it makes me paranoid.) Had not tried anything else.

I had only tried alcohol and plain smoke cannabis. Now I am on my 6th year of ketamine infusions and have a gold amount of knowledge on the subject, plus am in a better place in my life to be back.

Here we go...

I lurked for years and finally decided to register.
I smoke meth only occasionally. I know it’s hard to believe. But I function very well in the corporate environment and at home.

Since I do not know any other people who use i ended up doing internet searches for how to safely use.
I’m so glad blue light came up consistently in my searches because it was really helpful to get the best information I could.
Thank you for the resource

Here we go...

Here we go...

3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA p2owder, etc? or not yet?

I was only browsing a few minutes before I signed up. I was researching a chemical reaction and that search led me here. I just began Bluelight so up to date i have tried; two or three strains of shrooms, mass quanitites of lsd, DMT, mescaline, and 2CB, weed, cocaine, crack, meth, tons of prescription drugs, K, ecstasy back in 2000 when it was good. (At least where i live thats the last time it was around), and i'm sure i'm leaving a bunch out.
I was researching a certain chemical reaction when i stumbled upon this page.
I've tried all ROA's

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years? I found it, and signed up today.
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way? I've been thinking about getting sober since December and found you guys today on Google after hearing about harm reduction groups from one of my paid recovery frans. lol..
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, and cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc.? or not yet? I began today, and prior to now, I have done, shrooms, coke, meth, bars, lorcets, pot, alcohol, acid, ectsey, perks, and thats all I think.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g., snorting, injecting, or other ROAs? Snorting, eating, and smoking.

Okay, hi. You can call me by my username there, or Boots. (don't ask). So... I'm gonna answer this in a q&a format because I tend to digress...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Years.
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way? Definitely from a web search when it was most useful, but I stumbled upon it when I was younger as I was browsing.
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet? I'm trying to recollect the instance I first searched for answers and I'm drawing a blank... so best guess, after I started meth to look for serious answers. But prior, I think I had dabbled in reading the forums, but that's a whole different ball game. (and also why I'm appreciative for this forum, I was a teenager taking physchadelics and the like, answers were comforting I'm guessing... I don't remember really...) And, re-reading that question... I've tried most aside from mescaline and peyote but I'm not sure where in my substance journey I found BL.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs? When I became aware of this site being an informational forum I believe I was a teenager and had administered most drugs to myself one way or the other, aside from IV-ing and rectal administration.

At this point, I'm on that weight scale that has 'sobriety' on one end and 'substance' on the other. I WANT to want to quit. That'd be the easiest way to put it, I guess.

Reactions: CFC
Okay, hi. You can call me by my username there, or Boots. (don't ask). So... I'm gonna answer this in a q&a format because I tend to digress...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Years.
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way? Definitely from a web search when it was most useful, but I stumbled upon it when I was younger as I was browsing.
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet? I'm trying to recollect the instance I first searched for answers and I'm drawing a blank... so best guess, after I started meth to look for serious answers. But prior, I think I had dabbled in reading the forums, but that's a whole different ball game. (and also why I'm appreciative for this forum, I was a teenager taking physchadelics and the like, answers were comforting I'm guessing... I don't remember really...) And, re-reading that question... I've tried most aside from mescaline and peyote but I'm not sure where in my substance journey I found BL.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs? When I became aware of this site being an informational forum I believe I was a teenager and had administered most drugs to myself one way or the other, aside from IV-ing and rectal administration.

At this point, I'm on that weight scale that has 'sobriety' on one end and 'substance' on the other. I WANT to want to quit. That'd be the easiest way to put it, I guess.

Welcome! I hope you manage to find that motivation to break the habit <3 Have you tried reading some of the threads in the recovery forums? Some of the stories and challenges there might be of interest.

Here we go...

okay first post, here we go.
1. How long was it from browsing to joining? like maybe three days?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Theres this youtube channel I stumbled across called Tales From The Trip, and he reads out various stories across here and I got curious, saw he linked to it in the description and I started reading.
3. What drugs have you used prior to using Bluelight? Not much, I'm fairly new as it comes to drugs(had suuuper strict parents all my life then decided to go to one of the biggest party schools in my state.) but so far I've tried various different versions of weed(the real shit, dabs, legal pens, syrups, gummies, a delta 8 seltzer that I found at my dad's house one time), alcohol, I tried to do shrooms but I either didn't take enough or it wasn't the best or something, I'm currently prescribed Zoloft 100mg but I've taken multiple before, I was previously prescribed Prozac 25mg, and I took two of my friend's antidepressants at her house one time. I haven't tried any powdered stuff yet, I'm too afraid I'll get addicted to whatever it is and ruin my life.
4. What routes of administration have you tried prior to using Bluelight? I've only smoked and ingested stuff before, although I vaped through my nose once and burnt the shit outta my sinus cavity.

Here we go...

1. I browsed for 5 minutes and became a member
2. I found Bluelight via a thread in Quora about addiction and recovery.
3. My previous drug use was alcohol and narcotics. An integrative Dr recommended cannabis as a safe alternative for my pain.
4. ROA was put the pill in my mouth and chase it with alcohol