• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Glossolalia

You think the other person knows what your on about, but they don't. Your just both fu*ked up and on the same wave length. LOL.

^Bit different if your talking to yourself though...

well, if you're talking to yourslef, it's the idea that is important, not what is being said
you could be thinking "i have to buy bread tomorrow while reciting the alphabet

Ching association.

It's common amongst schizophrenics. It's word association. Something is neurologically a miss.

Now I know the definition of glossolalia! Cool! Wondered what it meant after hearing it in some lyrics...I really need to get into the habit of using a dictionary!

center said:
Ching association.

It's common amongst schizophrenics. It's word association. Something is neurologically a miss.

Clang association, my dear center, not ching association, and it's quite a distinct phenomenon from glossolalia, as the study cited above shows.

I've experienced intelligible language glossolalia, or "xenoglossy." I started a thread about it that contains probably the most complete discussion of the topic on Bluelight (so far a my search went at least.) You can read it here.

center said:
Ching association.

Lol, at you. Ching. The only Ching i know is the I Ching, and I don't know what thats gotta do wit dis.

Shrooms? (Nonsense words whilst shrooming)

Keep in mind that I'm shrooming balls right now.

But does anyone else make up.... words in their head.
Mine is... Shapaldstwiuh.

Why? I don't know.
Am I the only one this happens to?

Sadly it's probably extremely difficult to explain the meaning of it to anyone else? Have a read of Wittgenstein's private language argument sometime.

Last time I tripped me and two friends invented a phrase to describe the rotational flow of conversation, where each logical progression eventually loops back around to a previous point. We called it a rotunda of conversation.

I don't make up words. But last time I shroomed, for some reason I felt it was necessary to yell nonsense every 5 minutes or so. For example I remember saying "my foot is a watermelon." or something along those lines. I knew this was false, but I still had to urge to say it anyway. It was really starting to freak some of my friends out by the end of the night.

ha ^^ People just need to realize that if they're in the company of someone tripping hard on anything, random shit can and quite possibly will be said. It may make no sense whatsoever to you, but just remember that it probably made plenty of sense to whoever said it at the time they said it. =D

Except i guess on mushrooms you have a higher chance of saying shit that doesn't even make sense to you, since in my experience shrooms have always been much more of a mind fuck than other psychs i have done.

This has happened to me on a number of different drugs. On LSD it was "samastyrd," (the sensation of viewing my two friends talking to one another and seeming to be an alligator and a flashing red pepper respectively). During my early days smoking cannabis it was "siggidypenguinwobbules" (the way I stumbled though a forest trail at night in winter). More recently on LSD and DXM it was "gravelsnackstuesdays," which I spat out in reaction to the sense that my feelings of euphoria were being pulled in different directions until they snapped like half-hardened taffy. Each time the word I make up is in reaction to an intense flash of specific sensations that seem to evoke or insist on a particular vocalization and flexion of the muscles of my mouth that represents what I'm feeling -- like and interpretive dance using only the tongue and vocal chords.

I made a thread about it a few years ago, which this one may eventually get appended to: Psychedelic Glossolalia.

Liking that thread so a good opportunity to give it a damn fine bumping, methinks :)

I often make up words (well, mostly just variations on words, portmanteaus or simply tweaking the meaning a bit somehow) but not really on psyches. On almost any drug other than psyches even... but that can't quite be the case... Sure there must be a few coined whilst a-shimmying and a-shammying in Swirltown too. Hopefully anyway. Would be kinda disappointed if not :D

Ahhh, yes, I've had this too. On acid, for some reason, I thought of the word "Unchandiss" (oon-CHAN-diss). No idea what it means. I think it was based off of some song.