• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Pride Parade!

^
So... others being openly homosexual doesn't bother you, except that you would rather it all be out of your sight and out of mind?
At least you didn't let a temporary disruption in the usual traffic patterns of your local metropolis bring you down. 8)
aj: I'm glad you posted this, as it has generated some very interesting discourse.
:)
*hugs to all my queer and proud brothers and sisters*
[ 07 July 2002: Message edited by: Noodle ]

*hand shakes with all my straight and proud brothas and sisters*
One of the biggest thing I find bullshit about the gay lifestyle is the fact that gays usually are so PERSISTENT on making sure EVERYBODY and their mothers know that they're queer. They want everybody to know how open minded they are, and how close minded and narrow people are who disagree. Fuck that shit..
Has there EVER been a *straight* pride parade? I'm as proud of my preference as the gays are of theirs, but under normal circumstances, I dont feel the need to shove it in everybody's face.
I'm not saying "keep it behind closed doors" at all. I've become numb to seeing gay dudes holding hands and cuddling around town. It's good to see a *couple* happy together, regardless of what race, sex, ethnicity, etc.
The thread by Roufa in social about Beachboyty and other gays on bluelight really cracks me up. How many times must the gay bluelighters make reference to their sexual preferences before everybody gets their point?? Do they have a fuckin checklist or something??
I'm spent-
Read it.
Remember it.
Embrace it.
l
l
l
l
V

I hope that all of the people posting that they don't want to see people flaunt their sexuality don't go to night clubs or bars...where the sluttiest girl and the studliest guy wins!

Hmmm...
So, you are saying Gay's go out of their way to let people know it and some straights wish they wouldn't? Why is it bothersome? Why does it trouble people so that queers want people to know they are queer? You say it shouldn't matter, and you are right. But, it does matter. I'm telling you it matters. Gay people are discriminated against every single day. Can't marry, can't serve in the military, can't adopt children, can't be a minister, technically aren't even allowed to have sex in some states. The only way to defeat this bullshit is to get OUT there and let people know you exist.

^
l
I can see where you're coming from, Lava. (no pun intended) Good points! ;)
I guess I just see it as gays want EVERYONE to know which way they swing. Even the rainbow emblem? Why must gay people plaster rainbow triangles and rainbow stickers all over their cars and wave rainbow flags from their front porches? It almost seems as if they are saying, "Look at me! I'm gay! I'm gay! I am sooooo open minded". Again, they want everyone to be fully aware of their lifestyle. Look at how many threads are saturated with tons of gay inuendos (sp?) and blatant come-ons by beachboyty..for example.(Lord knows I think he's a pretty cool dude, but I'm just using him for an example)
I do disagree with gays not being able to adopt kids, be in the military, etc. That is the shitty side of it all. Someone's sexual preference should not have any influence on how good of a soldier they could be, or how outstanding of a father they can be, or how upright of a politician they could be.

BA, just in regards to the blatant come-ons from some of the gay bluelight members, there are equal numbers of straight members who do the same thing. If a girl flirts with you in a thread, do you complain?

You don't actually know many gay people? do you BlueAdonis?

Originally posted by shannabanana:
BA, just in regards to the blatant come-ons from some of the gay bluelight members, there are equal numbers of straight members who do the same thing. If a girl flirts with you in a thread, do you complain?
I knew it was only a matter of seconds before someone said that. I think it's weird when (and I am only using BBty as an example because my mind is drawing a blank) flirts with straight guys who he knows is straight, alomst making fun of himself. Maybe I just take things wrong...
And No, I don't know many gay people. My uncle is gay, and I know his "partner" or whatever the hell they call it Patrick. I've hung out with a couple of gay dudes at various afterhour gay clubs that stay open until 6, I've done drugs with gays, but no, I really don't have a deep roster of homo friends.
I guess I'm just too narrow minded.. :(

I can live in, peacefully coexist, and accept a straight world.
Can you say the same about the gay world?
:)
[ 08 July 2002: Message edited by: Noodle ]

Originally posted by BlueAdonis:

Read it.
Remember it.
Embrace it.
l
l
l
l
V
--
Equal rights for all, Special priveleges for none

Excuse me for being blunt... but FUCK that. EQUAL RIGHTS ARE NOT SPECIAL RIGHTS.
[ 07 July 2002: Message edited by: runawaygrrrl ]

hmmm...special rights. let's see. that would be:
---the "special privilege" to have to hide your significant other from your coworkers while they, meanwhile, have framed pics of their spouses and kids, etc, all over their desks?
---the "special privilege" to be afraid to hold hands with your partner in certain parts of town?
---the "special privilege" to have to go to fucking vermont to marry legally, and even THAT doesn't mean ANYTHING anywhere else? do you realize how unfair that is to a gay couple who has been together for, say, 10 years+, when a het couple who just met that night can get fucked up and go get hitched in vegas, suddenly obtaining rights that gay couples can only DREAM of?
it's a catchy slogan..."equal rights, no special privileges." very catchy. but when it comes down to it, would YOU really like the "special privileges" that are currently offered to gay people in this country?
[ 07 July 2002: Message edited by: Txteacher ]

From Above:
would YOU really like the "special privileges" that are currently offered to gay people in this country?
My point EXACTLY!
Equal rights for ALL! Get it? All of us! Every last one of us deserving of EQUAL rights! Nobody is better than anybody else..
~*sheesh*~ ...some people!

awsome post teacher. hmmmm well i think we are not really hitting anything with this. i dont think memmox was attacking our right to have rights i think he stated a few things that he should have thought out better. His debate is why we want to be so visiable yet complain that we are portrayed badly {im assuming that was what he was saying} Im down to bash hate mongers too but memex doesnt seem hateful just uninformed{again this is just my opinion}.
-phil-
i hope i dont get flamed.

Originally posted by Noodle:
^
So... others being openly homosexual doesn't bother you, except that you would rather it all be out of your sight and out of mind?

Did I say that? I just don't think that ANYONE should be allowed to prance around a public place dressed like that doing the things that they do at the pride parade. I would, granted, probably not be so quick to say something if it was straight people doing the same - but if you in the gay community said that it was bothering you - I would at least understand your point.

Originally posted by xMemnonx:

I would, granted, probably not be so quick to say something if it was straight people doing the same...

Why not?

Because I am heterosexual and that activity would appeal to me, but after the point was broached I would surely see the problem with it.

^
At least you admit your prejudice.
That is admirable.

BA, if you want to start your 'Straight Pride' parade or your White Entertainment Channel, go ahead. Gays and blacks aren't stopping you. It's a free country, don't get all hopped up because people who belong to subcultures or groups you're not a member of got their shit together enough to organize themselves to have events, networks, businesses, and independent media that serve them rather than ignore and alienate them.
Go ahead, start what you want to start. I don't see the point of whining against people that take the initiative to represent themselves and their community.

Originally posted by Noodle:
^
At least you admit your prejudice.
That is admirable.

I am not saying that I am prejeduce. I am simply trying to say that I might not first see the negativity of it were it a straight parade - as I might first think "damn, i like those hot naked bitches.". But then after someone said something along the lines of "that isn't the place for such displays." I might agree with them (as I would at a gay pride parade) that such displays of sexuality - at least with how society as a whole is at present- does not belong there.
Personally, I have no problem with it - but I think that we need to keep constant standards. The school systems do not allow open displays of sexuality, so why should something like the gay pride parade be allowed to display these things? On our taxpayers streets? lol

hmmm interesting point. The school system does not allow for such open displays of sexuality because it is in itself an institution for learning in which all americans are suppsoe to attend. It isnt about sexuality its about knowledge{which i find incredibly sexy} Now the gay pride parade is not the same thing it is in itself a rally of a community that are grouped together based on there sexuality regardless of there political ideaologys culture background or education recieved. So it is not illogical to see a more sexual side to there meetups and events. It is a celebration of people in any form. Again the people who attend pride or belive in its purpose like myself {i volunter for the aids floats collecting donations to help further reaserch}wopuld much rather not have a negitive elements to there get together. As with any group meeting for a specific reason that others do not belong to there is bound to be some prejudice misunderstadning and of course complaining that it shouldn be done. I wonder why people dont fight for thing worth fighting for than wasting energy on futile efforts. Also bravo to liquidoceans comments on a community.
-phil-