• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

oh and also, i heard that you could boil the tea, to evaporate, and smoke the sticky gue thats left over in the pot...
i tried that his morning, and all i did was burnt my pot LOL. but is that even affective? has anyone tried it? if so, is it better then drinking?

MMMMM
all this talk of pod /seed tea makes me want to make the trip aross town n gets me some of those fine ass seeds straight from TAS unwashed:D
been a good tear now, ive been sticking to other op8s but nothing beats the natural... will post results if i get off my ass n go n do it:|

Mabey my methods already been posted, but i'm not going to search through 15 pages of forum to find out, so i'm gunna post it anyways and hope for the best =P

i.) basically, i use 500 grams (1 pound) of seeds put in a 2 litre plastic bottle
ii.)i add 500ml of warm to hot water (not boiling, as this releases impure substances from the seeds which leaves you feeling yucky the next day...trust me on that one guys )
iii.) i shake for 10 minutes non stop, let it rest for 10 minutes (more so because my arms hurt) then shake for a further 10 minutes
iv.) unscrew the cap of the bottle, and put a stocking over the lid, roll the stocking down a bit to add support
v.) squeeze the bottle into a bowl, squeeze all the seeds and liquid out of the bottle
vi.) grab the stocking (now full of seeds) and squeze the stocking as hard as you can to remove every last drop
vii.) either discard the seeds, or let them thoughroughly dry out and re-use for another time (i've found you can use poppy seeds twice, three times and the effects weren't worth the process above)
viii.) you will extract about 300 - 400ml of poppy - water. Add about 400ml Grapefruit juice, and skull the drink to avoid the really muddy water taste
ix.) voila! enjoy your poppy seed tea!

personally, i like to sit infront of the T.V. after i drink the tea, and observe how the tv and my surroundings change over the period of the next 40 minutes, then after i'm over the high of poppy seed tea, smoke a bong and strap myself in for an unreal expierience!

crookedcigarette, wtf? u cant even spell... heroin?
and ur ...

god damnit...

*rage*

u had 3 chances to...

damnit...

umm i think they were Hoyts brand? sorry i chucked it out. but they came in a 250g plastic jar.. i just purchased them from a grocery store called Coles.

i tested them using a GCMS, which is a gas chromatograph with a mass spectrometer detector which i am lucky enough to have access to.

I can vouch for this.. it is indeed Hoyts. it's a major brand and it works (although probably not great compared to other sources)

I have access to said poppy seeds for free, and when I have no $$ for codeine I brew up 500g.. it's enough to get me juuust a little bit high, but it fends off the WDs which is all I use it for. (my normal codeine use is 250-550mg 2 to 3 times a day)

*edit*.. wow.. I guess they must vary a bit, I am actually feeling pretty damn good off this 500g compared to usual.. I guess I updated my prep method as well.

On the topic of the feeling you get, it was *definitely* a stronger sedative effect than codeine. maybe that's got to do with the codeine-6-glucuronide that would be present in much smaller quantities in poppy seed tea compared to taking plain codeine.

The euphoria was mild.. I still felt pretty good but it wasnt like tumbling in zero-g bliss. could have just been the dose that effected the euphoria level though, since I can't really tell how much I exactly had.

Last edited:
Well........
I havnt dabbled in these fellows for a while now, but was in "that part of town" the other day and decided to pick up some seeds.... Always dynomite, never a bunk lot. I know they come from tazzy so that could be a factor, makes a dark ass tea have posted piks of such in earler versions of this thread....
ANNYWAY this thread is entitled "makeing the process easier" so i thought id share a little trick i came upon just today, although end result was somewhat a fail its a sure fire way of makin it esier!! i just made one mistake but i nailed it now!!!

OK so ive never been a fan of rewashing the seeds... most of the time i used to throw em in the garden which made for a god bunch of pods back in the day... SO.... i make a tea today.. 600 grams is a nice place to go with these seeds 4 a heavy ass effect.

I shake the seeds in the traditional fasion, 10 mins, rest 10 mins rest, nother 2 mins rest n strain, left with the normal result no surprise..... Heres where i had the brainwave now i had some good tea and some seeds to rewash.

Problem was after 20 mins odd shakin manualy i was a wee bit tired, so add water to the seeds, wrap up in a towl and go to the washing machiene, wet a little then hit spin cycle:D
all i had to do was sit there and wait..... cycle finished i unwrap the towl and am pleasntly surprised more product had seemed to come out but it was more deep yellow than brown, better than nothng though....

Now heres where i fell down, bein so agitated even wrapped in the towl the 3rd spin cycle had loosened the lid just enough to let a bunch of liquid escape:(:(
no fuss added 100 more ml n agitated got a small ammount back (more than 100ml but less than the 500 id put in... Fail as i mentioned BUT i did not have the foresight to maybe TAPE THE FUCKIN LID UP!? I'm positive this one is a sure fire win ya just gotta make sure that lid is secure with some good tape:|

as immaniganable im quite smashed off the first lot the second if it hada turned out coulda sat in the fridge,,,, Food for thought i really felt compelled to share it....

if anyone attempts this would love to hear how this went,,, beats shakin it:\
I'l definitly do this to rewash in the future and report.. but yar,,, that tape is essential in holdin that lid on, spin cycles go pretty fast:D

hope yaz found this interesting if not a good laugh:|

NB: the second wash was consuemd and did add gr8tly to it, nearly too much even after loseing a good quanity of the origional 2nd wash liquid in the ummm wash.

For those who cannot locate Hoyts I have found that Archer Farms available at your local red logo bulls eye store is perfect for making a potent blueberry and poppy seed cake... usually when using other brands i needed around 350-400g but time and time again only 200-250g of the Archer Farms is much more suited for "any cooking/baking need"

nausea can occur if you're inexperienced with opiates,
especially if you're also dealing with the foul taste of poppy seed tea.

Best thing to do IMO is to lie down in a comfortable position and maybe munch slowly on a plain piece of bread..

What do you do to stay alert and functional when using poppy tea, which is known to be more sedating?

What do you do to stay alert and functional when using poppy tea, which is known to be more sedating?

I tend to have a cup of double strength coffee about 1.5 hrs after drinking the poppy stuff..

but if it's night I will often just lie down and drift in and out of half-sleep with some relaxing music or mindless TV on.. My mind is usually racing when I'm not high so I'm pretty happy being half asleep.

In one of the posts, cant remember wich one, it said that its not really noticeable lol, truer words were never spoken. My second time doing pst My wife who wasnt home at the time had a visitor, a police officer with court papers, well she wasnt home, so any way I made the tea, and it had kicked in nicely, lmao so we go to the cop shop and pick up the papers, and not even a glance from the police man, luck maybe.

Anyway, I want to thank you guys for all the info I have gathered here, I think the next time I try this im going to try the bottle method, im waiting for some seeds to come in the mail. I was doing it on the stove, but was making me sick. so ill try the bottle way, im only going to use a pound to put it to the test. :D

Hoooly bollocks, I'm rather right fucked after doing 360g of seeds today.

My method involved a 2L bottle, the seeds, a LOT of water (silly) [750mL], a tea towel and a Blender!

Now the blender worked brilliantly as something to filter the liquid into, after wetting the tea towel and wringing it out (so it doesnt steal any goodies).

Very very surprised at these seeds, didn't expect much at all from them, but I'm rather gone :)

Had made poppy straw tea (disgusting) many times back in NYC when I had killed my script and was withdrawing...worked, but gawd, the taste!

Tried poppyseed tea yesterday for the first time: simple 9 minutes soak in water with shaking every minute or so...the taste wasn't bad at all- a milky light brown mixture...chewed on some vitamin c tablets between chugs to kill the after taste....

I have been using opiates for almost 20 years- need to down/snort (I know, I know- decreased bio) 150mg oxy at a time after not using for three weeks to get a buzz:(

The tea definitely fucked me up for a good 12 hours...not the same as oxy or dope but a nice, level pin that had incredible staying power. Given the low bioavailability of morphine when ingested orally I was shocked at how much of a buzz I got off a pound of seeds.

Bought them from a spice shop...definitely got a funny look from the vendor for purchasing so many seeds...

Be careful!!! They can pack a serious punch for an inexperienced user to be sure.

I've been reading these forums pretty sparingly for a while now and this is the first post I have seen that intrigued me enough to make me go register. I definitely want to try this, and I have a couple questions about it.

-Where's a good place to get seeds (grocery stores etc)? I read another thread where someone got them at Albertson's, and that's a place I have access to, although it was a pretty old post so I don't know if they still have them. Also, where to find these seeds in the stores would be nice to know so I don't have to ask anybody at the store ("hi there, where do you keep the poppy seeds?"... lol).

-What about some good brand names? Stores are different in different areas, so maybe I can look for the same brand.

-Which method would you recommend? The one with .5 L hot water, two different 2 liter bottles, funneling the seeds into the water, shaking, and using the two different caps, one with holes one without, to get the tea out seemed like the easiest method to me, considering the resources I already have, out of the ones I read. I think it was on page 2 or 3 in this thread. Unless there's something horribly wrong with that method I'll probably do that. I don't care about any nasty taste or anything by the way (can always use another drink to chase it), so if water gets more morphine out of it than juice (or vice versa) I'd rather do that.

-How much should I use? When I was into opiates I could down two 80 mg Oxycontins and function normally, and need even more for a real buzz. Not trying to sound cool or anything, I just want to get an accurate dose so I don't waste my time.

I really appreciate the help.

Anyone know definitively what colour the 'best' seeds are? Some sources online claim the blacker the better, ie. this is supposed to be what you want:

10022031on.jpg
\

while this is not:

10023101sm.jpg

However Ive also read that the opposite is true. Anyone know for sure? The 240g bag you get from IGA seems to have really black seeds like the top pic, but the 100g Hoyts brand bags from Coles/Woolies usually look more like the bottom pic.

The jury is still out on whether they work at all as far as Im concerned. I have a reasonable opiate tolerance from codeine use so its hard if the seeds actually did anything on the couple times Ive tried them.

I know some people claim they are too washed these days to even bother with. Maybe thats the case.

There's no way to tell with any great degree of confidence just by looking at the seeds. If there are little pieces of pod in the seeds, little broken tiny bits, then they're more likely to be good, but it's still not a guarantee. The only way to know for sure is to shake up a batch and then look at the resulting liquid. If it's an almost clear yellow, they're not good. If it's a murky dark brown, they're good. So it's always going to be a gamble when you buy them, unless you've found a source that is consistently good.

I usually get a murky light to medium dark brown. Definitely not clear, but I wouldnt call it dark brown either.

The other thing Im not sure about is whether to use juice in the liquid for the acid. Again, there seem to be some who claim the acid helps to agitate the alkaloids off the seeds while others say warm hot water is better. I usually just use warm water so I can at least see how much the liquid changes colour after shaking.

The other thing Im not sure about is whether to use juice in the liquid for the acid. Again, there seem to be some who claim the acid helps to agitate the alkaloids off the seeds while others say warm hot water is better. I usually just use warm water so I can at least see how much the liquid changes colour after shaking.
I think it's pretty well established that it is the former - that using an acid (especially citric?) is more effective - by both anecdotal reports, and the one study I've seen about this:

Over the pH range of 5 to 12.5 the apparent solubilities are determined by the intrinsic solubility of the free base plus the concentration of ionized drug necessary to satisfy the dissociation equilibrium at a given pH. Consequently, the drug concentrations of saturated aqueous solutions fall off precipitously as the pH is raised and ionization is suppressed. Further, at low pH's the aqueous solubility of morphine increased in a linear fashion with increases in the molar strength of citric acid which was added to acidify the medium, suggesting the formation of a soluble morphine-citrate complex.