• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

I don't see what you're referring to as ironic, and I don't see you making any point other than you like to get high.

i dont mean to start shit but why r u on this site at all if u just want to call people worthless drug addicts? i mean it seems like ur trying pretty hard to find a good way to get fucked up too. i personally hate the taste of tea its nasty i prefer making the flake opium its alot easier to use, tastes better, and requires sooooooo much less. try that instead

I JUST found out about this PST shit & had to try it.This is how I did it(first time): So I went across the street to Save Mart to see if they have any poppy seeds. People who say bulk is best is complete bullshit. I got the "Spice Islands" brand poppy seeds which has 74g in each glass jar. I used four of those jars. Not to mention I have a tolerance for opiates since I am only a month clean off H. Anyways, I used an empty orange juice container ( 2 liter bottle is fine too ) and put all the seeds I had it in. Filled the bottle up until water was just above the seeds. Added some lemon juice to it, which apparently changes the Ph level & helps wash off the alkaloids. Capped it & Let that sit for approximately 30ish minutes , shaking it every ten minutes or so. Then I slightly unscrewed the cap so the liquid could seep out without alot of seeds coming out with it, pouring it into a large cup, filled half with fruit juice. Then chugged all of it. I then went with my friends & smoked a fat ass blunt. And once I smoked I was waaaay too high. And I smoke weed everyday as well. I should've drank that PST alot slower and less of it. Do not underestimate this shit. I did and thought I was going to die. Hahaha.

I thought this method was too good to be true, but now that I have experienced it myself, I can safely say that I am going to do this many more times.

I am going to try the extraction method to produce that tar-like substance people have described in the next few days. I'll post my experience with that as well. I am VERY curious if it could be taken intravenously.

Anyone with information about IV'ing this shit would be greatly appreciated.

Stay metal \m/

Oh & I forgot to explain the high. After the "being too high" stage wore off, the high was amazing. Felt like I was straight on morphine. My whole body was throbbing with amazingness. Yerrrrrp. It's great ^_^

^You can never be sure of any source, more than half of the seeds on the market are totally bunk due to being washed, but there's higher likelyhood of bulk seeds being better. You'll eventually learn to identify working seeds by look, so no need to waste money after you know what you're looking for.

Also, poppy extracts can not be IV'ed safely. Do not attempt it. No way to purify it well enough without a lab.

had a headache all day.

drank some poppy seed tea.

Headache gone. Feel good now.

I miss the days when 2/3 of a pound would get me on my ass. Now I'm up to 2 1/3 pounds, and have to potentiate it to get good effects.

Oh & I forgot to explain the high. After the "being too high" stage wore off, the high was amazing. Felt like I was straight on morphine. My whole body was throbbing with amazingness. Yerrrrrp. It's great ^_^

The "being too high" is my favorite part. My first time on Hydromorph I snorted 11mg. Felt so overwhelming I felt like dying. The rush was orgasmic. However, if you're chasing such a rush - usually the effects after that period aren't so pleasant. I for one HATE opiate itchiness, although I hear some like it. But I must admit, puking after a dose like that felt pretty damn good - so good I wouldn't mind making a night of it aha.

*sips* ... I've been using the tea for maintenance for quite awhile now. My method:

- Pour however many seeds you need into a bottle approximately 1.5 liters/ 50 oz. - I use a big "bottled water" bottle.
The amount of seeds you need greatly depends on both the potency of the seeds and your tolerance level. Whether it's
already full of water or you're adding water, allow for displacement. Cold water works fine.
- Shake for about 3 to 5 minutes. Pretend you're a washing machine and the seeds are dirty laundry. Once the water is good
and dirty lookin, and can't get any dirtier, it's ready to drink.
- Almost all the seeds will settle at the bottom, but enough will float around in the tea and at the surface to make drinking a
challenge. I don't bother with fancy filtration systems though: I just strain with my teeth. It takes a little practice, but it's
simple and doesn't make a mess.
- Often, but not always, I repeat to get the most out of them. It's true that the second "steeping" is far weaker, but waste not
want not, eh?
- I reuse my bottles a few times each. Dump/rinse out the old seeds and clean the bottle with really hot water. The longer you let
seeds sit, the funkier they get... and eventually ferment. It's gross. So if you plan on using them a second time, do it A.S.A.P..
A tip: do your second rinse right away even if you don't plan on drinking it for awhile. Put it (upright) in the refrigerator to keep
it fresh.

A few notes:

I'm so used to the taste that I just drink it straight - no juice, no sugar, no lemon, no nothin. Add something if you need to I guess - I
aint got time for it. I have found that the high is mostly a physical one, as has been said. Also, for me, I don't notice withdrawals for
about 8 to 10 hours. At that point they're mild and I can usually go for 12 before I get antsy. As for choosing seeds: this is so debatable
and there are so many factors at play. I have noticed that most, but not all, "good" seeds are darker in color and include bits of other poppy
debris. Super lightly colored seeds have always been useless in my experience. I've heard that these distinctions are due to whether or not
they've been washed and/or treated. Bulk can be good, but can be inconsistent too. It takes some
trial and error to find a reliable source I think.

And yes, it's addictive. I have Fibromyalgia, but it's no excuse. <3

Yes, the blacker the better. Seeds that are blueish/gray are no good. I may have already mentioned this in this thread, but the brand I've had the most success with is Alma, exported from Greece. They come in 3.5 oz jars. I have a bit of an opiate tolerance - I usually take between 30-40mg oxycodone at once. The potency of Alma isn't super consistent (like any seeds) but it always works well. For opiate naive people I recommend starting with 4 jars. I usually take 8-10 to get to a nod.

It can be a bit pricey if you make it a habit (like I am unfortunately doing as of late) but not much more expensive than oxy really. Oxy hits a lot harder but I actually prefer poppy seeds because the high lasts about twice as long. I let sit in tuperware for 20-30 minutes and usually re-rinse once. The resulting tea should be a murky brownish-yellow.

Damned what I read I went out and bought just under 300 grams of Spice Island.
Worked.
Not only that, got me out of a bad spot in a pinch. w0rd!

I have been using poppy seed tea with great results here lately. I have no longer been craving and pharms which is saving me tons of cash. I just use about half a pound to 3/4 of a pound and put them in a 2 liter soda bottle. Then I add about 3 1/2 cups of cool water and shake for no longer than 3 mins. Then I just partially unscrew cap and squeeze into a cup. Then repeat for a wash using just 2 1/2 cups of water. I keep it in the fridge and drink it little by little till the next batch. This stuff is a freaking amazing.

Just having my first go at poppy seed tea/seed wash method. Used 1 litre of water for about 600 grams of seeds. So far the water coming out is pretty weak, only a slightly beigey/ light yellow brown colour. (Like that cloudy 'real lemonade' stuff). Is this normal or does this mean there isnt much alkaloids on the seeds ? Dont know why this should be happening as the seeds are straight out of the pods that i broke up myself....?

The drink actually tastes very nice though....

Last edited:
This thread inspired me to make some tea. Trip report:

NSFW:
11th July, 2012 (New Financial Year, Day 11)

6:45 pm

Put a plastic funnel in an empty bottle of juice. Pour in half a kilogram (1 pound, 2 ounces) of Hoyts brand poppy seeds. Add half a litre or so of warm water. Shake the bottle.

7:00 pm

Potentiation; eat two large ruby red grapefruits. Continue to shake the bottle.

7:30 pm

Hammer a couple of small holes in the lid and strain the tea into a jar.

7:40 pm

I have zero tolerance. It has been at least four months since I've had any opiates, including OTC pain killers. The tea is murky brown. It tastes bitter. I remember when I first drank poppy seed tea, when I was a teenager, I thought the taste was horrible. Now, after Amanita Muscaria and mescaline - after drinking my own urine - it tastes fine. It is easy to drink. The grapefruit aftertaste is still on my tongue. It mixes with the bitter seed flavour quite nicely.

7:46 pm

Only drank half the jar. Can feel it already. My body is tingling. My thoughts are slowing down.

8:00 pm

No substantial effects yet. I drink the rest of the jar. The resin to water ratio is higher at the bottom. The dregs, they taste much stronger. I put some more warm water into the juice bottle, place the palm of my hand over the cap and furiously agitate it. Unscrew the cap slightly and leave it upside down in the jar to drain.

8:12 pm

End up with twice the amount of liquid this time, and it's a slightly darker brown. Tastes stonger too. Not unpleasant. Just strong. I drink a quarter of the jar. It's coming on stronger now. I can feel it creeping up on me. Getting sleepier and sleepier. I continue to drink. It tastes a bit like chlorine. I've been trying to put my finger on it. Tastes, sort of, like highly chlorinated swimming pool water.

8:21 pm

Half of it is down. Getting really relaxed now. I find myself staring at things, without really looking at them. I get up and walk to the toilet. My limbs are so loose they don't move properly. My feet hardly lift off the ground as I walk. My knees are weak. I miss the toilet. Splash piss on the ground. On my way back to the computer, I fall sideways into the wall. Gently resting there against my shoulder. I continue to drink the tea.

8:32 pm

One quarter of the jar remaining. I am seriously buzzed. I keep zoning off. The hum of the refridgerator, from the other side of the house, is soothing. Took me a while to work out what it was. Thought it was in my head. Sounds like a swarm of insects flapping their wings in unison. I drink the rest of the jar.

9:35 pm

Lovely little stone. Not quite as much as I hoped for, though. Probably need to do more like a kilogram to nod. I wash the seeds again. End up with two thirds of a jar. More milky yellow than brown. I drink the entire thing in less than one minute. Rewash the seeds.

9:54 pm

My face is itchy. The effects are still increasing.

10:16 pm

There's over two thirds of a jar of milky yellow tea. I drink it in less than one minute and wash the seeds again. My nostrils are getting really itchy. Warm sensations are running through my body. I feel calm and clear and relaxed. Getting close to a decent stone now.

10:49 pm

More than three quarters of a jar. Drink it down fast. Rewash the seeds. My eyes keep closing. Nose is really fucking itchy. Eyes are itchy too.

11:05 pm

Over three quarters of a jar. Drink it fast. Rewash. Feeling a little sick. Walking around is difficult. My eyes remain closed most of the time. It's difficult to keep them open. Still, I'm not quite where I want to be in terms of effects. Almost there. Next time I'll do a kilogram in short succession. That should do the trick. The itching is slightly annoying. I forgot about the itching. It's been a long time since I've had a recreational opiate experience. Need to get some opium and smoke it. Or inject some heroin. I can't see myself making a habit out of poppy seed tea.

11:22 pm

Almost an entire jar. Still feeling mildly sick. I suspect if I drink this, which I will, that I might vomit. I must have drank about three litres of the stuff in the past three and a half hours. The effects are getting pretty strong now. Most of the time I my eyes are closed. I can only type during the short lucid intervals between drifting off. On the verge of a good nod. It's difficult to find the motivation to continue writing this report.

I drink half the jar. Within two minutes I am vomitting in the toilet. Feel much better after emptying the contents of my stomach. I'll sleep well tonight. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get up to go to Uni in the morning. I've been so busy these days with Uni and work, it's hard to find time to get high. Been working seven days a week for the past fortnight. If I was still smoking weed on a daily basis, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Going to go have a bath.

12th July, 2012 (New Financial Year, Day 11)

12:46 am

I've never bathed on opiates before. It's amazing. Feels so fucking good. The itching is dying down now. I'm pretty tired. Better get some sleep before Uni. Hopefully tomorrow my datura will arive in the mail.

1:23 am

I'm so tired it's ridiculous. I eat some roast chicken and a donut. Throw up in the bathroom sink. Eat another donut and go to bed.

3:30 am

Wake up on the couch with a massive hard on. It's been twelve days since I've ejaculated. My dick is so hard it could be substituted for a wrecking ball. The effects of the poppy seed tea have almost entirely worn off. There is an afterglow and, physically, I am still loose. Otherwise, back to normal. I'm going to wait a week before indulging in a another opiate high. Tolerance is a bitch, and I don't want to get addicted. For some reason I am no longer tired. The two hours sleep I got was so deep and satisfying, it feels more like ten. I'm going to attempt to sleep anyway, so I don't fuck up my internal clock. I need to be focused. I have a long couple of days ahead of me.

4:03 am

Out of nowhere, a wave of extreme fatigue crashes over me. The effects of the morphine have returned slightly also. Going to try and eat something, then crash.

Last edited:
Ok, one of my other incarnations just tried this for the first time. He went to the local supermarket and grabbed some Spice Islands about 150g worth (the had the same color as the other brands and were a little cheaper). Now he knows that this is way low, 300g to start (and he does have some tolerance), but he didn't reality realize how expensive it was in the smaller shake bottles. Any way he just wanted to see if he could do it right, and not waste it, and feel a slight anything. He went into it on an empty stomach, and sober.

Anyway, He rips the shaker part off of the bottle and commences the dump into a gallon water jug (all he had). He filled the jug about 1/10 of the way up, capped, and preceded to shake for about 5 min (He was reading while doing this and seeing conflicting methods) He let it sit for another 10 -15 min, shook again quickly and used the tilted cap to strain.

The mixture was a murky yellow, bitter tasting, but not bad he said (though I'm sure if it were dark it would be worse for him). He chugged the mixture then poured another glass (he put too much water in it.) By then there was only the wet seed, so he used a pocket knife to poke small holes in the cap and proceeded to squeeze the hard to get nectar out. He then put a little more water in the jug and repeated. This time 1 min agitation and a 10 min sit, followed by another few shakes and a pour. This pour was murky and colorless, not good, it was drunk anyway.

Now for the trip, trip on 150g hehehe. He can feel it very slightly, just relaxed, could be placebo, but he thinks that it is a very slight opiate-body type feel. Now that it has been done, he can do it again with the proper dosage and a more refined method ;)

He also wants to thank you guys for all of the info. This is for one of his friends who has chronic pain and can't get meds due to past abuse (decades ago) and a skeezer wife. This could be exactly what he needs.

You can skip all the SWIM / He shit...

Supermarket seeds are more likely to require something like 500-800 grams.

Last edited:
I was just wondering what type of poppy seeds should i use to feel the "best", you know, nodding in and out, the euphoria. How much would I need? Also, can you smoke them? If so, how? I'm pretty sure they don't sell them in supermarket's around where I live, at least, iv'e never noticed them.

try to find black looking seeds in bulk, although blue seeds work fine for me. You want a sticky consistency of the seeds if possible and look for pieces of pod or poppy straw in whatever bin you are getting them from. Try to buy bulk as they are often better and definitely cheaper. You can buy them online for quite cheap which is what i do now.

You should start at 1/4 lb and work your way up, following the guide outlined in this thread, i use it every day and it works great.

You can refine your opium washes and evaporate the water to get a smokeable product but this is a lot of work and usually not worth the effort unless you can refine it more.

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what kind of seeds you have to buy to make this tea? and where can you buy a large amount like a pound, do you have to go to some special type of store, or do they actually have pound bags at your average grocery store?

I'm hoping to do this today so it would be great to get some feedback asap! Thanks!

I read that you can only do it with a certain kind of seeds to make it work (I think it said Spanish seeds), and you can only get those by ordering them online.. Forget all that! Is this true?