• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

And can anyone give me anymore input about the blue-ish colored seeds? I know the store by my house has those in bulk and I'm thinking about going and picking some up now, but hesitant bcuz of the posts iv read in this thread. And I'm pretty sure they're called blue poppy seeds if I remember right.. Does Anyone know if these are even worth buying?

They have a variety of black seeds mixed in but for the most part they are a medium/dark blue color..

- approximately 50mg Acetyl L-Carnitine was mixed into 2mls of warm water, added to oral syringe, and plugged (too boost bioavailabilty of the morphine, similiar to chitosan i believe).
I have been trying to remember the names of these for ~6 months. Props

edit: How do you know that there are no desirable psychoactives in the sludge? I've done this whole process, minus the plugging and 2 chems above.

Ya good points.
It can't be very healthy consuming the fats and oils from that many seeds as well.

i had to post to help you guys with a little info on the color of your seeds. I grow poppies and therefore end up with pounds of seeds. the seeds from the more potent pods tend to be darker. but every pod makes both dark and light blue seeds within the individual pod. However the ratio of lighter to darker colored seeds withing each pod does seem to shift towards a higher ratio of dark to light when opening pods from a plant that had more potent pods(red flowers, pink latex) and the plants that are producing an average quality pod(purple or white flowers) tend to have a more even mix of luight blue and black/blue seeds. So it would seem that the color of the seeds can give a little insight to the streangth of the seeds. but a bag of lightblue seeds doesnt necisarilly mean that they are weak, just average.

Thanks for the solid input.

I go by smell too. The less potent, the less of an earthy aroma they give off from my experience. The most potent dark ones you speak of also really seem to carry more weight and have a slightly bigger size to them, from what I've seen.

You know what I really don't understand, that you could maybe shed some light on? ...How come the seeds I find in pods are usually not that potent at all, producing essentially zero effects, but the bulk seeds I buy in packets at various stores, tend to be loaded with the alkaloids?

The difference between home grown seeds and food quality seeds are the food quality seeds go through a smashing process meaning they are physically smashed out of the pods thus the latex etc gets all over the seeds and produces potent seeds that is before they are washed 8). The regular poppy pod seeds do not go through this process and thus don't carry the same level of active material on their outer shell. Also DM I absolutely agree about smell and weight it's noticeable almost immediately.

Cheers sham-su to the great insight into the light dark ratio on seeds. Thanks

One last thing to all my fellow pst connoisseurs. Does anyone find Frontier to be even remotely useful these days ? The seeds are freaking nearly white.

Ice cold water eh? I'll try that and post back with results. I usually use 155degree water with a tad bit lemon juice. my PST is potent at shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWIM bought 600g of poppy seeds yesterday and mixed it with 4L of cold water and some lemon juice. Unfortunately the seeds drank nearly ALL the water to become a huge dough. I tried super hard to squeeze it to get some poppy tea out but nothing came out... Has this happened to anyone?

Ice cold water eh? I'll try that and post back with results. I usually use 155degree water with a tad bit lemon juice. my PST is potent at shit.

There's no need to heat the water to extract the opiates. Actually, the water solubility of morphine and codeine decreases as water temperature increases. Extracting should actually be easier in cold water.

SWIM bought 600g of poppy seeds yesterday and mixed it with 4L of cold water and some lemon juice. Unfortunately the seeds drank nearly ALL the water to become a huge dough. I tried super hard to squeeze it to get some poppy tea out but nothing came out... Has this happened to anyone?

This sounds very, very strange to me.
I use 1-1.5L for 600g of seeds and I lose 200-300ml, but never the whole lot. 4L is a massive amount of water!

I have an unbelievably high tolerance to opiates. I got 4mg dilaudid at the ER yesterday, I felt a wonderf feeling onset, but it lasted less than a minute. Can you please clarify info such as does it need to be heated? Would 1lb be just enough to make a novice giddy or would a whole lb bag of them have a chance with me? I'm quitting heroin. I'm scared to death of something horribly like endocarditis (infection in lungs/heart that requires open heart surgery with no guarantee that will work. It happened to a friend if mine, he had the heart surgery and still died he was 22 or 23. Apparently even the strongest antibiotics don't reach certain areas of the heart because of the way it's designed around the valve not allowing the antibiotic to pass back through. Not to mention I've od'd on it, the last time I was hospitalized with rhabdomyolysis near kidney failure because of the way I fell out in the kitchen and my cns was low and where my body touched the floor is where the muscle tissue broke down, I also got extensive nerve damage which has taken my ability to walk unaided although I'm regaining some movement. Nerves heal painfully slow. I could be seriously crippled for 1-3-8 years, there's no way to know.
So yeah about that poppy tea, what if I just boil it in actual chai tea and add some sugar in the raw, and how long should I heat it, if at all? Dk most poppy seeds work? I have about a pound that are imported from either India or Pakistan, so they're probably more likely to have it's medicinal properties, yes? I eat and cook Indian food regularly, even traveling there and all over Asia, Europe, & the Americas.
Since my overdose of heroin, my PCP is making me wait a few weeks before putting me back on MS Contin. I should've just told him I needed more instead of worrying what it would look like, because it would've been a hell of a lot better than this!

Sorry for rambling, so yeah, opium/poppy tea, how to prepare, seeds or no seeds, temp, time, amount, etc

I've lurked here for a long time but thought I would come here and tell you what I do. I have no idea if this is the best way or what. In fact, I am doubting myself so here we go.

1. I buy bulk seeds from a few places online, usually 10lb, or 25lb quantities. I'm told they are unwashed. It's my assumption that they are unwashed. We Got Nuts on Amazon and a place in Cambridge, MA.
2. I take a water jug, gallon of water type of jug, and empty it.
3. Using a big kitchen scooper, I pour seeds in there until the gallon jug is about 1/2-3/4 full. Usually in that range - not much below and not much above.
4. I then start with the liquids. I try to use lemon juice whenever possible - a lot. I use a quart or so. On days when I had a chance to go to the store, I usually have white and pink grapefruit juice too. So on a typical day my liquid that goes into my mix is cold or room temperature water + lemon juice + grapefruit juice. I pour the liquids in there, sometimes with water, until it gets swishy enough to shake.
5. I then take the jug and shake it for 5-10 minutes. It's really hard to just go at it - shaking for 10-20 minutes straight and I've read that anything more than 2 min is overkill anyway. So I shake until my arm hurts, basically. I usually try to shake it 50-100 times, several times - so it gets shaken for either a few hundred shakes or 5-10 min. I don't let it sit after that. I assume the alkaloids are free floating at that time and just imagine that's the right time to grab them.
6. Then I crack the cap and let the liquid drain out the side of the cap. I usually get about 2 "large ice coffee" size cups of potion out of this. I drink it fast, trying not to gag. I used to vomit all the time on this step. That much liquid at once.... bleeh.

I am not sure if I am doing this right, but I do get a good sense of wellbeing from it. I also get a little constipated, and my sexual performance is altered. It takes me a little bit more to 'get there' when I have drank some in the last 12 hours. So, sometimes I see that as a benefit actually.

I am writing this just to contribute one way of doing it. In truth I have no idea if my way is the right way or even if it is a good way. I'm fully open to suggestions.

Thanks,
NK

If I could make one request it's to find out where you get your seeds. I've tried the Bob's Red Mill ones and saw absolutely no benefit over the bulk ones I buy.
Oh and unless I am behind on ordering, I never get a second wash out of them. I discard the jug as soon as possible because it looks like a crime scene. Just looks bad. So I toss it asap.

I've heard that Bob's Red Mill recently started washing their seeds about 6 or so months ago. Does anyone know if this is actually true? I just bought like 4 bags of seeds tonight and I'll be pretty disappointed if they are in fact washed.

A brand I used to get back when I did opiates was working great and then at some point they stopped working at all... I think brands start washing when they get clued in, because they don't want to be associated with providing drugs for people. Best bet is a bulk source as cheap as you can find. If they're cheaper than most, they're probably not washed because that's an extra process. I have run across jet black seeds in bulk that I assumed were unwashed since they were so dark but they didn't work... the best bet is the ones that are dark gray with some whites in there. There is a certain smell you start to learn once you find some too, the washed ones do not have that particular edge.

Finding good unwashed seeds can be hard until you have experience.

No clue about the Bob's red mill brand, just some thoughts.

How did your brew turn out? I just recently bought 16 pounds of Bobs Red Mill from Amazon on Monday 10/20/2014 and they seem to work well. I'm not trying to get high just ease the WD from coming off 8 years of various opiates. Vicodin, Norco, Oxy then finally Subs. At one point I was taking up to 40 10/325mg norcos per day. Finally I had enough and just decided to make the jump and get healthy again. After a year on Subs I started tapering down 2 weeks ago until I was down to 1mg a day the last few days. I made the jump on Thursday and was feeling like death for 3/4 days with no end in site. When the seeds arrived I mixed (1) 1/2 pound bag with about 3 cups of cold water and another cup of ice cubes. Squeezed in the juice from two lemons then shook the bottle for a minute or two. I then let it sit for another 10-15min while I walked my dogs, when I returned I shook it a bit more and strained it with a very fine mesh I had. The tea was milky white . I added a bit of sugar to sweeten the mix a bit and drank about 1/2 the tea and waited. Within 30min my WD symptoms were completely gone and I started to get a little buzz but that went away quick and I was very happy to just feel normal. I had a good sleep for the first time in days. The next morning I consumed the remainder of the tea and felt great the entire day.Not high at all but it certainly stopped WD in its tracks and it's been close to 36 hours since I last had the tea and still feel great. I have no doubt that if i doubled the amount of seeds I used it would have been a VERY potent mixture but that's not what I was going for. I still have most of my seeds so will make another batch perhaps using a different method in the next few days and see how that works out.

Watch out using poppy seeds to ease withdrawal, as they contain morphine, codeine, and all other opium alkaloids. The worst I ever got addicted to any opiate was poppy seed tea, and poppy seed tea is my favorite opiate out of every single one I've tried (including heroin). Use it as little as you possibly can, just a few times total, and you'll probably be good.

Best bet is a bulk source as cheap as you can find. If they're cheaper than most, they're probably not washed because that's an extra process.

The second highest I've ever been on opioids was via a quarter pound of cheap seeds from a very common discount grocer's bulk bins. Yes, I have tried vaporized and intranasal heroin and sublingual fentanyl to compare it to (and post-op dilaudid shots administered in an in-patient setting...those were nice :p).

This shit is no joke, particularly in terms of addiction risk.

ebola

This shit is no joke, particularly in terms of addiction risk.
Damn straight. It's a fucking difficult addiction to escape, in the sense that availability - in my part of the world, anyway - is ridiculous.
Not to mention the drawn out withdrawals.

I wouldn't recommend getting a taste for pst if you don't have a lot of prior experience with opiates, or a tendency towards addictive behaviours (which is most, if not all of us - right?).

At least dope requires contacts - which can be easily cut loose in most cases. It's pretty hard to avoid every source of poppy seeds, unless you don't ever buy groceries.