Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

People you find intriguing...

college_dropout

Bluelighter
After spending hours today trawling through Wikipedia I discovered that there are many people around the world who I find intriguing (like it really sunk in just how many strong personalities there are). Now, you don't necessarily have to name a famous person or historical figure (although it would help), it can be whoever you choose, but who, as a person, do you find intriguing? I'm fascinated by human psychology and its extremes. Both for people to do good and bad.

The person who tops my list is...........................

nutopia_pressconf_clr_lrg.jpg

Yoko Ono. I think she has a good heart and has dedicated her life to expressing herself and always stays true to what she believes in. Yes she may be weird and at times aggressive, and a lot of people don't like her, but I give her maximum respect for daring to follow her dreams and striving to bring peace into this world. I can definitely see what John Lennon saw in her.

Last edited:
OMG I'm so glad you said that....I think Yoko is awesome and way undervalued. Listen to so many electro acts today and you will hear Yoko's influence. Bjork IMO is basically Yoko Ono taken to the next step (and that's not an insult cause I love them both).

I find Bjork intriguing, as per my rant above....I find Courtney Love and Pamela Anderson intriguing because I think there is more to both of them than the extremely superficial image they both project, and I would love to sit down with both of them and talk to them as real people.

^YES!!! Omg, Courtney Love is another one who is up there. Again, a lot of people don't like her, but I think there is quite a bit of depth to her. She's been through a lot in life and would have some wise pearls of wisdom.

Lots of Bluelighters.

Raz would be close to the top of the list.

People who take acid and k at the same time and then think transmission has turned into Hugh Heffnors Playboy mansion ;)

Also, Maynard from tool really intrigues me. Westpoint Graduate becomes force behind one of the most awesome bands of my life time! He's also such a pissa, never really wants anyone to know exactly what he's thinking. I guess his music can do all the talking for him, and thats the way it should be imo!

Bin laden.

I wanna know what really happened.

We can at least expect to shut one side up. Thank fuck either way.

There are a few people on this forum I find rather intriguing.

Rather, most people on this forum I do find rather intriguing.

As a generalisation ~Explorers of all sorts ~ as in not limited to goegraphical exploration.

zach de la rocha
john carmack
john romero
patton
subcommandant marcos

9mmCensor said:
zach de la rocha
john carmack
john romero
patton
subcommandant marcos

Isn't the first one the guy that sang in that band Rage Against the Machine? What intrigues you about him?

And Subcommandant Marcos, he's the leader of the Zapastista movement, correct? Again the same question.

Not intentionally being rude by asking, just so you know.

Denzil Washington
Tim Robbins

and I do like the Bin Laden call... I'd just like to ask... So where you bin hiding mate? ;)

Thomas McFadden - the man from Marching Powder. I know a book has been written about his life, but i'm pretty sure it only scratches the surface.

How did this man...

...Marshall Applewhite, charm 38 people from all different types of backgrounds (just about all of them educated) into believing he was an alien prophet and then convince them that the only way they would get into heaven is by committing a mass suicide, where once they were dead their souls would pass through the heavens gate at the end of a comet in a space ship??????????????? He looks fuckn creepy as so I just find it astonishing that people listened to this deluded maniac.

Serial killers are also fascinating. For some, like Richard Ramirez, you can see that he was a victim of upbringing that led him to be the knob he was, but for others, like Ted Bundy & Albert Fish, it's almost as if they were born without a soul, incapable of feeling normal human emotions. I waste hours on www.crimelibrary.com when I'm at work. It's morbid, no doubt, but the reports they've compiled on all the famous cases are interesting.

Arzi said:
Isn't the first one the guy that sang in that band Rage Against the Machine? What intrigues you about him?

And Subcommandant Marcos, he's the leader of the Zapastista movement, correct? Again the same question.

Not intentionally being rude by asking, just so you know.
Brilliant songwriter, and fiercely passionate activist. Would be a cool guy to smoke a fatty with.

Yes, the rebel leader. I like that he is an enigma. I respect his message.

people i find intriguing?

people who have the amazing ability to be content with the amount of knowledge they've accumulated throughout their lives
it just fucking astounds me

also, people who let compassion get in the way of progress

I second that Maynard is one of the most intriguing people around.

Other than that I'm not really intrigued by celebrities. I find it's the people in your real life who are the most interesting. I especially love it when there is someone you have known for a while and seen on a regular basis but not thought much about, and then one day something comes up and they prove themselves to be much more interesting than you would ever have imagined.

Most people are intriguing, really. I think there aren't really all that many boring people in the world, not once you really get to know them. Many people just have a very boring 'front'.