• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Euphoric Rambles for Swirling Souls

I dosed 0.5 grams of Peganum Harmala half an hour ago to see whether it causes any unpleasant side-effects. If nothing worrisome happens, I will take increasing doses every 2 hours and if no adverse effects appear, I'll take a full hallucinogenic dose (over 5 grams) in the middle of the night. I quit taking sertraline over a week ago so I can do this without getting the serotonin syndrome.

EDIT: This stuff seems to work as a substitute for the sertraline... The SSRI discontinuation symptoms have disappeared in less than an hour after taking that tiny dose of harmala seeds.

Last edited:
That makes sense, since as a MAOI the harmalas should also increase serotonin levels. Good luck and stay safe! I'd be interested in hearing how it all goes.

^ Thanks, I'll be careful in doing this. I have enough of those seeds that I can also try to extract the alkaloids in freebase form some day and I'll test if they can be used by vaping (which should cause less nausea than p.o. dosing).

EDIT: These seeds don't taste as bad as I thought they would. They are easier to chew and swallow than morning glory or rivea corymbosa seeds.

Last edited:
I wanna trip on sunday!

Am off kratom, quit K about 2 weeks ago.. have a nice 1 day a week 'internship', installed Ableton Live again on a separate account with lots of plugins... things are looking up, but I gotta pick myself up and really get going again. :)

Hopefully I feel fit to have some psychedelic therapy to help me shed my skin. <3

^ Thanks, I'll be careful in doing this. I have enough of those seeds that I can also try to extract the alkaloids in freebase form some day and I'll test if they can be used by vaping (which should cause less nausea than p.o. dosing).

EDIT: These seeds don't taste as bad as I thought they would. They are easier to chew and swallow than morning glory or rivea corymbosa seeds.

Hope it went well. :) I'd be very interested to hear about the vaping too! I actually have a few grams of one of them sitting around, either harmine or harmaline. I haven't had a need for it yet but I would like to know all of my options for using it for when I do.

I wanna trip on sunday!

Am off kratom, quit K about 2 weeks ago.. have a nice 1 day a week 'internship', installed Ableton Live again on a separate account with lots of plugins... things are looking up, but I gotta pick myself up and really get going again. :)

Hopefully I feel fit to have some psychedelic therapy to help me shed my skin. <3

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. :) And congrats on the quitting! I hope the trip goes wonderfully. <3

Alright guys, I've got a question for all you bookworms out there. I love reading and especially if it pertains to learning about my passions like psychedelics, but I've almost never read anything in my life outside of school that wasn't on a computer monitor or cell phone screen. That's just kind of how I am, I've been on the computer every day since I was like two years old and I've just always defaulted to it for my information gathering. However, it's finally starting to catch up to me in at least two significant ways: first of all, there's fucking nothing new left to read online, every day is either boring or useless crap or just recycled information now, and second, I'm actually on my phone so much that I'm starting to get headaches and nausea from staring at the screen. So, obviously it's time for a change....

At the moment, what I'm really interested in checking out is some of the more intellectual or scientific writings on psychedelic use, particularly ones that also include details of actual experiences by the people involved, but it can also be just a collection of thoughts by very experienced travelers, or something along those lines. So, basically my question is, what kinds of psychedelic books would you guys recommend? I really haven't read pretty much anything at all, so all suggestions would be welcome! :)

Hope it went well. :) I'd be very interested to hear about the vaping too! I actually have a few grams of one of them sitting around, either harmine or harmaline. I haven't had a need for it yet but I would like to know all of my options for using it for when I do.

The seeds were not as potent as I expected and I ended up ingesting about 20 grams during 6-7 hours because a smaller amount didn't seem to cause much effect. In the early morning (4 am) I was pretty much "out of it" with a drunken feeling and had some shivers/tremors that are usual in harmala intoxication AFAIK. There were no significant visual or auditory hallucinations except for a ringing in the ears, but my thinking was clearly distorted and I got all kinds of weird ideas. When I went to sleep, I saw strange dreams similar to what one sees when trying to sleep over alcohol withdrawal after a heavy drinking bender. The nausea at the height of the "trip" wasn't bad enough to actually make me throw up, but it was significant anyway. This doesn't seem to be a very recreational drug. I've got to wait a couple of days before I can take sertraline again, and I'll start with only 25 mg as a precaution.

Alright guys, I've got a question for all you bookworms out there. I love reading and especially if it pertains to learning about my passions like psychedelics, but I've almost never read anything in my life outside of school that wasn't on a computer monitor or cell phone screen. That's just kind of how I am, I've been on the computer every day since I was like two years old and I've just always defaulted to it for my information gathering. However, it's finally starting to catch up to me in at least two significant ways: first of all, there's fucking nothing new left to read online, every day is either boring or useless crap or just recycled information now, and second, I'm actually on my phone so much that I'm starting to get headaches and nausea from staring at the screen. So, obviously it's time for a change....

At the moment, what I'm really interested in checking out is some of the more intellectual or scientific writings on psychedelic use, particularly ones that also include details of actual experiences by the people involved, but it can also be just a collection of thoughts by very experienced travelers, or something along those lines. So, basically my question is, what kinds of psychedelic books would you guys recommend? I really haven't read pretty much anything at all, so all suggestions would be welcome! :)

I recommend Ketamine: dreams and realities, it does not include first-hand reports but it does include a very fair account on the different aspects of K, positive and negative. I have for some time suspected that the author is a well known BL-er but I don't really wanna say who. I later found evidence to suggest that it is not the same guy after all.

Oliver Sacks is great and I recommend all his books although his autobiography was kind of meh. Not about psychedelics but neurology and its pathology can have similarly wild examples of states of being and there is even one book called Hallucinations.

I also appreciate the perennial philosophy by Huxley. It's not psychedelic although it matches the universal wisdom style well.

Breaking open the Head by Pinchbeck is okay and includes first-hand reports but it is kind of heady like McKenna although a bit less so. I have reservations about whether this kind of thinking is really all that intellectual. Bright minds letting their minds run wild can really get lost in the vagaries of soulseeking... and while at times highly interesting and stimulating as general food for thought is often so out there that it becomes hard to see how unstable the ideas are built on quicksand. I actually prefer some Eastern teachings for spirituality and find McKenna a bit too liable for conspiracy theorist type open-mindedness, but the pronoia version rather than the paranoia of conspiracy theorists.

If you haven't read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance as well as Lila by Pirsig then I highly recommend those, they are my favorites - especially the former. Lila is also genius like the guy just is but less memorable as a book.

Unfortunately I don't really know that there are that many quality psychedelic books out there. At least not sure which ones survived as cult classics from the 60s and whether they are really alright to read anymore... but search engines that associate titles have come up short even though I was very much into psychedelics and related books for years.

Terrence McKenna's Food of the Gods is a pretty awesome read, much less metaphysical than his other work, and details the journey through the Amazon with his brother Dennis and some friends and how came upon the ideas presented in the Invisible Landscape. It works especially well if you don't believe too much in that stuff (the whole time-wave zero thing), it feels like some descent into utter madness. Not sure if all of it is non-fiction, but a good read none-the-less.

I sometimes find weird books from the 60s/70s in the local second hand book shop, most of it Dutch, some of it is pretty fun if you know how to have a certain filter. Also, a good philosopher can get you in to a certain abstract thinking which feels pretty psychedelic to me.

-

Man I love DOC, went to a rave in a building in Germany and even though I was tripping balls I felt pretty confident. Added in some 5-Meo-MiPT at a certain point and was sent to skies 8o Was still going strong through most of the next day but I was able to sleep from 8-12 folded up in a car, which surprised me. After taking a shower I felt completely refreshed and was able to enjoy the beautiful day yesterday :D That energetic feeling (especially from the synergy with the "-MiPT) really works well with the psy-trance influenced techno they played there.

Last edited:
The seeds were not as potent as I expected and I ended up ingesting about 20 grams during 6-7 hours because a smaller amount didn't seem to cause much effect. In the early morning (4 am) I was pretty much "out of it" with a drunken feeling and had some shivers/tremors that are usual in harmala intoxication AFAIK. There were no significant visual or auditory hallucinations except for a ringing in the ears, but my thinking was clearly distorted and I got all kinds of weird ideas. When I went to sleep, I saw strange dreams similar to what one sees when trying to sleep over alcohol withdrawal after a heavy drinking bender. The nausea at the height of the "trip" wasn't bad enough to actually make me throw up, but it was significant anyway. This doesn't seem to be a very recreational drug. I've got to wait a couple of days before I can take sertraline again, and I'll start with only 25 mg as a precaution.

Wow, that's a lot! That all makes a lot of sense though, thanks for reporting back. :) Yeah, nothing I've heard about the harmalas on their own has made me feel like they'd be overly recreational, but it does seem like some get interesting hallucinogenic effects from them, while others get little to none. Hopefully your next experiment will be more interesting, and good luck with it too!

I recommend Ketamine: dreams and realities, it does not include first-hand reports but it does include a very fair account on the different aspects of K, positive and negative. I have for some time suspected that the author is a well known BL-er but I don't really wanna say who. I later found evidence to suggest that it is not the same guy after all.

Oliver Sacks is great and I recommend all his books although his autobiography was kind of meh. Not about psychedelics but neurology and its pathology can have similarly wild examples of states of being and there is even one book called Hallucinations.

I also appreciate the perennial philosophy by Huxley. It's not psychedelic although it matches the universal wisdom style well.

Breaking open the Head by Pinchbeck is okay and includes first-hand reports but it is kind of heady like McKenna although a bit less so. I have reservations about whether this kind of thinking is really all that intellectual. Bright minds letting their minds run wild can really get lost in the vagaries of soulseeking... and while at times highly interesting and stimulating as general food for thought is often so out there that it becomes hard to see how unstable the ideas are built on quicksand. I actually prefer some Eastern teachings for spirituality and find McKenna a bit too liable for conspiracy theorist type open-mindedness, but the pronoia version rather than the paranoia of conspiracy theorists.

If you haven't read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance as well as Lila by Pirsig then I highly recommend those, they are my favorites - especially the former. Lila is also genius like the guy just is but less memorable as a book.

Unfortunately I don't really know that there are that many quality psychedelic books out there. At least not sure which ones survived as cult classics from the 60s and whether they are really alright to read anymore... but search engines that associate titles have come up short even though I was very much into psychedelics and related books for years.

Awesome, thanks for all the recommendations! :D I'll definitely check them out. I don't mind some of them not being quite as straightforward about psychedelics as say something by McKenna either, I'm just using that as a jumping off point for getting more into books since I know that's a topic that will keep my interest. The neurology and pathology stuff I specifically find very interesting as well! And just that kind of philosophical thinking I find very stimulating too.

I am cautious about certain personalities or styles of thought like that as well, I tend to think that most people that have a lot of really good ideas also have a lot of really bad ideas, and sometimes they can become too tangled up in one another. Yesterday I started reading one of the only books I did have that a friend recommended to me years ago, The New Science of Psychedelics by David Jay Brown, and so far this is how I feel about that as well - it seems like he might have some pretty interesting things to say (I'm not too far into it yet), but at the same time there is also quite a bit of mystical theorizing and trusting non-scientific ideas based solely on intuition already, which is a bit of a turn off for me. Still, I'm willing to wade through some of it to see if there are any gems hidden throughout it, and I'd feel the same way about things by people like McKenna. Actually, I think those might be extra interesting to me even just for the history too, since if nothing else they definitely did play a role in the public reception of psychedelics.

What about people like Stan Grof, who wrote so much about LSD before? Do his or other similar works still have relevance or has our understanding of these things evolved too much since then?

I enjoyed Carlos Castaneda's stuff but it's fiction, so not very scientific :p

Haha, I've heard that quite a lot. I don't mind some fiction either, as long as it's captivating or makes you think. Would you still recommend any of his stuff from that perspective?

Terrence McKenna's Food of the Gods is a pretty awesome read, much less metaphysical than his other work, and details the journey through the Amazon with his brother Dennis and some friends and how came upon the ideas presented in the Invisible Landscape. It works especially well if you don't believe too much in that stuff (the whole time-wave zero thing), it feels like some descent into utter madness. Not sure if all of it is non-fiction, but a good read none-the-less.

I sometimes find weird books from the 60s/70s in the local second hand book shop, most of it Dutch, some of it is pretty fun if you know how to have a certain filter. Also, a good philosopher can get you in to a certain abstract thinking which feels pretty psychedelic to me.

-

Man I love DOC, went to a rave in a building in Germany and even though I was tripping balls I felt pretty confident. Added in some 5-Meo-MiPT at a certain point and was sent to skies 8o Was still going strong through most of the next day but I was able to sleep from 8-12 folded up in a car, which surprised me. After taking a shower I felt completely refreshed and was able to enjoy the beautiful day yesterday :D That energetic feeling (especially from the synergy with the "-MiPT) really works well with the psy-trance influenced techno they played there.

That actually does sound pretty cool, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommendation. :) Yeah, I find that kind of stuff interesting as well, like you describe a descent into madness. It definitely has its own merits even if they're a bit different from what the writers intended.... It's always fascinating to get a look at the workings of a human mind at play.

I don't stop by too many second hand book shops around here, but I guess I'll have to give it a shot haha.

Also, a combination of DOC and 5-MeO-MiPT sounds intense! 8o A little too intense for me for that setting actually, I think I'd probably be a bit uncomfortable lol. Glad you had a great time though! :)

I think it would be worth reading his first two Don Juan books, his works used to be pretty popular and I think are still in a lot of ways thought provoking. I thought it was enjoyable, but at the time, I read it under the assumption of it being non-fiction (it saying so on my old copy's spine), so I actually took it at it's word. I think in that capacity, it was more enjoyable than knowing they were works of fiction.

Sounds good Gravy, I'll definitely at least check the first one out and see how it is. :) I'm sure it will be a different experience going in knowing that it's fiction, but I bet I'll still be able to get something out of it. I've known a lot of people who read his stuff when they were younger too, so it will be cool to see what exactly influenced all those people.

xammy, care to elaborate?

I'll be Flying to NC in the morning for a vacation with my girlfriends family. Slightly worried about bringing my kratom on the plane due to the upcoming ban. Any encouraging words would be helpful.. Definitely leaving my 3 behind.

Worried about leaving the florida airport mainly. Im gonna have 2 new 100g sealed mylars. As far as I know it simply a legal botanical substance, hope it isn't confiscated.

Last edited:
I meant True Hallucinations actually! Whoops!

Oh believe me it was intense, but it's very clear DOC is an amphetamine in that there is a lot of talking and confidence going on. The combo is actually a lot akin to MDMA, due to the DOC energy and the 5-MeO-MiPT euphoria, but with none of the dirty feeling. Maybe more like a candyflip due to the psychedelia, but you don't really notice it unless you sit down or someone tries to have small talk with you because you probably don't care enough (deep conversations about whatever and cracking really bad jokes are fine!)

Glad I have 3-MeO-PCP again though..

xammy: everything is real

Last edited:
Ah, DOC... one of the best drugs there is. I love how social I can be on it, in fact after the peak it's one of the best states I have ever been to for socializing. The energy is non-stop... I have taken it and gone through the whole next day still on the tail end, and only needed sleep the next night.

Last edited:
Haha yeah maybe you could claim some money from my vendor, you've sold me on a lot of drugs :D

http://truththeory.com/2015/07/23/nothing-is-real-the-illusion-of-reality/

i was just reading old 3meo threads and loved the posts. and I'm in love :D

Ah, I just figured you might have been tripping or something when you said that lol. Close enough I suppose. :p And kudos! ;) Glad to hear that things are going so well!

That's a nice article. :) There's a PhD in my family who's been making sure I was thinking like that for as long as I can remember so I'm well aware of it.... We used to have discussions about the nature of reality and consciousness on a daily basis. Those talks got pretty in depth and heated sometimes and covered pretty much every topic you could think of: language, math, chemistry, physics, biology, evolution, logic, ethics, history, religion, politics, sex, drugs, lucid dreams, etc., etc., etc.... Believe me, I've thought about those things quite a lot! It's always nice to see it brought up elsewhere though as I often didn't really have many other people to talk to about such things. I just wasn't really sure if you meant something like that or if maybe you were just tripping nuts or something, haha.

I'll be Flying to NC in the morning for a vacation with my girlfriends family. Slightly worried about bringing my kratom on the plane due to the upcoming ban. Any encouraging words would be helpful.. Definitely leaving my 3 behind.

Worried about leaving the florida airport mainly. Im gonna have 2 new 100g sealed mylars. As far as I know it simply a legal botanical substance, hope it isn't confiscated.

I really couldn't give any kind of worthwhile legal advice, but I can't imagine they could really get you on much if it's still legal could they? Given that it's well known though and has been for a while to some extent as a legal high it wouldn't surprise me either if they tried to pull some shit....

I can't say what'll happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck and enjoy your vacation! :)

I meant True Hallucinations actually! Whoops!

Oh believe me it was intense, but it's very clear DOC is an amphetamine in that there is a lot of talking and confidence going on. The combo is actually a lot akin to MDMA, due to the DOC energy and the 5-MeO-MiPT euphoria, but with none of the dirty feeling. Maybe more like a candyflip due to the psychedelia, but you don't really notice it unless you sit down or someone tries to have small talk with you because you probably don't care enough (deep conversations about whatever and cracking really bad jokes are fine!)

Haha, sounds good then, I'll check it out. :p That title definitely makes it sound like something I could like!

About the DOC, that's interesting about how much energy you get from it. I've only taken it once so far for sure, at 2.5 mg, and the only significant stimulation I got was in the after the peak phase that Xorkoth mentions, which was like ten hours after dosing, and even then it wasn't too heavy. For the first wave of the trip I mostly just wanted to lie around, especially for the peak. I'm sure that it could become more stimulating at a higher dose though, which I think would actually be useful for me because that 2.5 mg gave me a bit of body load that I think could have been worked off through physical activity. Though, I am a little nervous of how hard I might be tripping by that point! That dose was already pretty involved at the peak, it had a feeling of freeform imagination bordering on delirium....

I've taken 5-MeO-MiPT once as well, at 8 mg, and it seems like I might be one of the more sensitive ones to that too. That dose was nice but it wasn't as euphoric as for instance 20 mg (a low, almost non-psychedelic dose for me) of 4-HO-MiPT, but it already actually had significant visuals, through tracers, distortions, and occasionally very intricate patterns with eyes open, and with eyes closed beautiful hyperspatial geometries and scenes, though entirely separate from me. It did give me some uncomfortable body warmth as well, which would worry me about mixing with DOC's body load for me too, but that doesn't mean I don't think it could be done properly.... Either way though, I'm fairly certain it would be pretty intense! O.O Probably one of the craziest visual and delusional trips ever! I'm already somewhat sensitive to having dissociative experiences from sensory overload so I'm really not sure I could handle that at a rave haha. But I'm glad you liked it! ;) What doses were you using?