• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl here, who recently was started on Seroquel for sleep, started getting minor seizures because of it, some doctor insisted that she stopped the medication gradually instead of immediately.
She had many seizures in a row a couple of days ago, was transferred to the hospital and now the left half of her body is paralyzed. WTF. It's possible that it's forever. 19 fucking years old. Imagine....

Jesus man... as if I needed any more reasons to hate modern psychiatry. We're truly living in the dark ages of psychiatric medicine.

Jesus man... as if I needed any more reasons to hate modern psychiatry. We're truly living in the dark ages of psychiatric medicine.
It depends on the doctor but drugs like Seroquel are given out like candy in many psychiatric hospitals. It is almost criminal in my opinion.
The doctors where I'm at do really focus on giving as little as possible meds, so there is hope and maybe the newly graduated do things differently.

We're truly living in the dark ages of psychiatric medicine.
Yeah... we're almost nowhere compared to classical medicine.

In this situation I would just keep going deeper with the woman and value the friendship. That is, I wouldn’t try and have sex with her and I’d put it out of my mind. Having a friendship with an older woman can be very rewarding for a young man.

Whether this is possible depends a bit on the content of your conversations so far. It doesn’t matter that you’ve talked about sex. Friends can do that. But if either of you have been overly flirty it might be hard to wind things back.

I guess you’ve got to gauge whether she values the same things in you that you value in her - or whether she’s just after some mad toyboy cock.
Yeah. She brought up sex after I sent her a very suggestive country style rap song about the topic. She told me how she likes to do it "in case we ever get to that point". By then I'm thinking it sounds like we're at that point. I was a touch drunk last night, too.

She listens to country music. We keep trading music. I've sent her some music that would scare away 99% of females and she's still right there down to hear my next ridiculous song. It's been so much fun talking to her.

Yeah. She brought up sex after I sent her a very suggestive country style rap song about the topic. She told me how she likes to do it "in case we ever get to that point". By then I'm thinking it sounds like we're at that point. I was a touch drunk last night, too.

She listens to country music. We keep trading music. I've sent her some music that would scare away 99% of females and she's still right there down to hear my next ridiculous song. It's been so much fun talking to her.
In that case, I reckon your best option now is to act like you have had a sudden epiphany about what an unbelievably awesome human being she is and how what the two of you have been sharingv is totally different to what you usually do. You couldsay something like this: "I keep getting into these sexual relationships that go nowhere or crash and burn and I;m starting to think my life would be a whole lot better just learning to be friends with women. I mean, I think about you and it's like we were made to be best mates [if Australian, maybe "buds" in US?]. I'd really hate to Fuck up the chance of being that just to get laid. Would you be up for just hanging out and seeing how we click as people. I think that's what I'd really like right now in my life"

I would think she would then know not to expect sex and not to be too enthusiastic trying to seduce you. At least for a while. So you've got breathing room to just hang out and really see if it's true you've found an awesome friend.

This message brought to you by the Bluelight Sex, Love, and Relationships Forum official outreach program.

In that case, I reckon your best option now is to act like you have had a sudden epiphany about what an unbelievably awesome human being she is and how what the two of you have been sharingv is totally different to what you usually do. You couldsay something like this: "I keep getting into these sexual relationships that go nowhere or crash and burn and I;m starting to think my life would be a whole lot better just learning to be friends with women. I mean, I think about you and it's like we were made to be best mates [if Australian, maybe "buds" in US?]. I'd really hate to Fuck up the chance of being that just to get laid. Would you be up for just hanging out and seeing how we click as people. I think that's what I'd really like right now in my life"

I would think she would then know not to expect sex and not to be too enthusiastic trying to seduce you. At least for a while. So you've got breathing room to just hang out and really see if it's true you've found an awesome friend.

This message brought to you by the Bluelight Sex, Love, and Relationships Forum official outreach program.
Maybe I should've been posting about it in SLR, but I don't hangout there. You all know me better here. 😁

She already told me no pressure and said she'd be just as cool hanging out on the couch listening to music.

I think hanging out on the couch listening to music might lead to other things. Especially if there is alcohol involved. I mean I don't feel like I'm trying to getlaid here but it still seems like a possible outcome if and when I ever meet this woman.

She's not afraid of my crazy rap music, or me not driving. I mean maybe she's just crazy like me, but maybe just lonely? Maybe some of both? We like similar eighties music.

I've been listening to all the country she sends me and don't hate it. She occasionally drinks whiskey and likes edibles.

I told her that I liked to do MDMA. She almost sounded interested in trying it. Lol. Is it ok to turn 46 year old country girls onto MDMA for the first time? Lol.

Maybe I should've been posting about it in SLR, but I don't hangout there. You all know me better here. 😁

She already told me no pressure and said she'd be just as cool hanging out on the couch listening to music.

I think hanging out on the couch listening to music might lead to other things. Especially if there is alcohol involved. I mean I don't feel like I'm trying to getlaid here but it still seems like a possible outcome if and when I ever meet this woman.

She's not afraid of my crazy rap music, or me not driving. I mean maybe she's just crazy like me, but maybe just lonely? Maybe some of both? We like similar eighties music.

I've been listening to all the country she sends me and don't hate it. She occasionally drinks whiskey and likes edibles.

I told her that I liked to do MDMA. She almost sounded interested in trying it. Lol. Is it ok to turn 46 year old country girls onto MDMA for the first time? Lol.
As least if you give her MDMA you probably won’t regrettably fuck here. Although you might still get your stim dick out when you get naked to all the better honestly express all your deep feelings and emotions about life, the universe, and everything to her.

That’s the way it used to play out for me no matter how horny I was before I dropped a pill.

^Always good to see you RhythmSpring. I read every Salvia post you have and collected the tea info. You and Pupnik are the only people I know that like and utilize Salvia. I had such an amazing experience last week on it I wonder how it is not used as more as a tool for some people.

With DMT the whole experience fits into my logic. Different dimensions, all parts of the experience sort of makes sense. When I do Salvia I say to myself after it how can that be?

I wonder how it is not used as more as a tool for some people.
Well in my state they banned it in 2012 or so. I wish I could revisit salvia; it was my first psychedelic. It scared the bejesus outta me but somehow I think I could handle it now since I've done shit like eating 750ug AL-LAD in one go and somehow enjoyed that.

Life's pretty good. They extended my summer job so I will be working till Christmas. Still madly in love with my gf, it's been over 9 months. We got drunk last night together, we've only done that like twice before. Today she got this migraine attack, she has this menstrual migraine like every month and now I saw it for the first time how bad is it. She rarely drinks because drinking often makes it happen. She couldn't even walk and almost fainted when we were about to get her back her home, I had to carry her back to my bed. Really nasty disorder :(

^Always good to see you RhythmSpring. I read every Salvia post you have and collected the tea info. You and Pupnik are the only people I know that like and utilize Salvia. I had such an amazing experience last week on it I wonder how it is not used as more as a tool for some people.

I love salvia and have personally known a lot of people who also did. It mostly has a bad reputation because of being used by people who have literally no idea what it is in huge dosages so that their freakouts can be posted on YouTube. There are scientific studies out there of strong but reasonable and measured hallucinogenic dosages of salvinorin A being administered to human subjects that don't even record dysphoria as an effect and claim the experiences seem generally positive, as well as some investigating it for antidepressant and antiaddictive effects.

With DMT the whole experience fits into my logic. Different dimensions, all parts of the experience sort of makes sense. When I do Salvia I say to myself after it how can that be?

I actually think salvia might be the most logical hallucinogen of all. I don't want to deny it because of how it doesn't make sense, but because of how it still does somehow even when it seems like it shouldn't.

Well in my state they banned it in 2012 or so. I wish I could revisit salvia; it was my first psychedelic. It scared the bejesus outta me but somehow I think I could handle it now since I've done shit like eating 750ug AL-LAD in one go and somehow enjoyed that.

This. I would probably use salvia literally all the time if I still had access to it.

Last edited:
I actually think salvia might be the most logical hallucinogen of all. I don't want to deny it because of how it doesn't make sense, but because of how it still does somehow even when it seems like it shouldn't.

You are right Kaleida, it does make sense just not when I bring it back to this reality. Like how does it know I am smoking it? lol I had taken a year off and earlier this year wanted a light trip. So I pulled out some leaf from a tupperware that was 12 years old. I have stuff in glass too but I guess it stays active regardless. But half a gram of leaf in a tobacco bowl 2- 3 pulls and I swear it seemed so happy to see me and really gave it to me. DId it again last week. Always total darkness and silence. I tend to say thank you as it does it's thing. I tend to ask it for her help. I realize this sounds like the original Star Trek episode called The Companion (metaphorosis). Commander Zephram Chochrane summons the being. Smoking Salvia seems that way. At this point either it gets stronger as the leaf sits it just becomes stronger to a person as time goes on.

I did get the crap scared out of me with a huge hit of 5x in the beginning but even then it was nurturing. Anything can happen in that space so better be nice and respectful and you will be ok. I actually find the exit of the trance euphoric. Pain killing too in ways. As a dissociative it deadens some of the emotional pains that have been bothering in me. And as stated things become more practical in the afterglow.

Also been looking into the tea that RhythmSpring talks about. Quidding has worked. I have to get that better. But She seems to have no problem with me smoking it. Like a long lost friend. Strange. We really do know nothing about these states we visit so we? I like to learn though.

Last edited:
Salvia Extract particularly is nuts.

Now I have actually, allergis sake really in the long run, never taken DMT.

I could 2019 have purchased cheap, pure 5-MEO-DMT powder.

I had ideas to minimise bizarre respiratory allergy sensistivity, to use a high grade quartz bamger I bought for cannabis extracts years ago, plus equal coil, any controller for precise vaporization.

I missed the chance to procure and honestly anything like this, it's unknown risks, purely respiratory wise, though I suspect I'd be alright.

Same with Salvia. I have here a mere 5 x extract gram.

I have some cannabis vaporizers which can get too hot for cannabis if I wish, maybe could work, unless only a real direct flame and full conder will do the trick.

Also bought salvia leaves. Tried to chew once, they all broke up disintegrating.

Should maybe wet and compact together, tasted bitter anyway.

But...I have pushed my own psychedelic experiences as far as drugs and money available go, as well as beyond my own endurance even always stretching those outer boundaries

And yet, there are a trillion ways right now I could thnk of to explore so much more,in new, all ways, healthily I argue to.

Including Salvia.

It really is something. Nothing nnmy mind, is ultimately more top dog, for how Salvia can completely whip you.

I mentioned DMT because they are like a mirage of each other. No other drugs are like them.

So I had my most intense, wild, rollercoaster hallucination short trip on Salvia Extract.

Only x 15 then too. A huge single bucket hit after ketamine, and tail end of lots of MDMA and psilocybin.

I hallucinated the friends present conspire against me, as the walls revolved magnifiscently, feeling full G force and motion.

Room to diner to hall to castle to London Rave to buried under concrete to awake again!

Feeling fantastic. So so happy to be there.

Not a care in the world.

I recall that short, phenomenally intense hallucination or trip, feeling it must be a very scary thing. I can walk though it entirely now if want.

But there was no scar. No memory imrpint in a bad way.

At the time, I thought demons had got me and I was fucked. Lol.

That is Salvia. Nothing else ever has been like that. But, I never took DMT (yet)

So I had my most intense, wild, rollercoaster hallucination short trip on Salvia Extract.

Only x 15 then too. A huge single bucket hit after ketamine, and tail end of lots of MDMA and psilocybin.
Whoa, that is certainly a stack of drugs. Full trip report please? lol :)

Whoa, that is certainly a stack of drugs. Full trip report please? lol :)
It's all in there. No glitches. Like an infinite free non EMF even lol cloud of my own to store consciousness really.

My recent astral projected trip on high dose pure ALD and stacks of edible cannabis and vapor is more mindblowing though.

The Salvia was like getting on a ride so intense for a short while. You have no idea, memory it is a ride, soon ad you step on.

It shakes the hell out of you, then when times up, drops you off to simply stir round.

Whereas I'm still on another planet and so high in spirit, energy, generally from the deepest, most mystical and hallucinogenic but in no artificial way Acid trip in exactly 25 years as it happens too lol.

You are right Kaleida, it does make sense just not when I bring it back to this reality. Like how does it know I am smoking it? lol I had taken a year off and earlier this year wanted a light trip. So I pulled out some leaf from a tupperware that was 12 years old. I have stuff in glass too but I guess it stays active regardless. But half a gram of leaf in a tobacco bowl 2- 3 pulls and I swear it seemed so happy to see me and really gave it to me. DId it again last week. Always total darkness and silence. I tend to say thank you as it does it's thing. I tend to ask it for her help. I realize this sounds like the original Star Trek episode called The Companion (metaphorosis). Commander Zephram Chochrane summons the being. Smoking Salvia seems that way. At this point either it gets stronger as the leaf sits it just becomes stronger to a person as time goes on.

I did get the crap scared out of me with a huge hit of 5x in the beginning but even then it was nurturing. Anything can happen in that space so better be nice and respectful and you will be ok. I actually find the exit of the trance euphoric. Pain killing too in ways. As a dissociative it deadens some of the emotional pains that have been bothering in me. And as stated things become more practical in the afterglow.

Also been looking into the tea that RhythmSpring talks about. Quidding has worked. I have to get that better. But She seems to have no problem with me smoking it. Like a long lost friend. Strange. We really do know nothing about these states we visit so we? I like to learn though.

I actually think that salvia likely works on a different level of operation from most other known and commonly used hallucinogenic drugs that is less about creating hallucinations through direct activity and more about activating one of the brain's natural hallucinogenic processes that has evolved to have a specific order, similar to dreaming (but I don't think dreaming is necessarily the process in question). In this sense I could imagine that this process has an aspect to it where the brain is always keeping track of whether you activate it or not for whatever reason, regardless of whether that's caused by salvia or not, and thus would have the capacity to "welcome you back" whenever you return to it, again whether that's through salvia or otherwise. I actually think your whole routine with asking for help and thanking afterwards seems to fit into the way that I personally conceptualize the whole thing.

I experience salvia-like phenomena all the time without the need for salvia, as part of my natural dissociation. I've actually come to think that it's most likely that salvia shares a mechanism of action with conditions like dissociative identity disorder, and that a lot of what seems particularly orderly about salvia specifically relates to the various neural mechanisms used to regulate the inner processes of these conditions, which seem highly foreign to most people simply because most people don't experience the level of natural dissociation required to experience that stuff without something like salvia. It has for the record also gotten easier for me to get salvia-like effects over time even without using it, but it's hard for me to say anything definitive due to also experiencing these types of states naturally. These days I smoke cannabis as a salvia replacement because it's actually so easy to bring these kinds of effects out of me, it's basically not possible for me to use cannabis without it being hallucinogenic for me in this same sort of way anymore - perhaps a word of warning for anyone planning to explore these states with extreme frequency, but again, this started for me before I ever actually used salvia.

I've never tried the quidding method, but I always wanted to. One day hopefully I'll be able to use it again. I never really had a problem with smoking it either though, I love how strong it is.

I love salvia and have personally known a lot of people who also did. It mostly has a bad reputation because of being used by people who have literally no idea what it is in huge dosages so that their freakouts can be posted on YouTube. There are scientific studies out there of strong but reasonable and measured hallucinogenic dosages of salvinorin A being administered to human subjects that don't even record dysphoria as an effect and claim the experiences seem generally positive, as well as some investigating it for antidepressant and antiaddictive effects.

This. I would probably use salvia literally all the time if I still had access to it.
I am so happy to have sparked reasonable Salvia discussion!!! I chuckled at "...how it doesn't make sense, but because of how it still does somehow even when it seems like it shouldn't."

I find Salvia to be deeply logical, sobering, and grounding. Like, pragmatic. If DMT brings you up, Salvia brings you down. That can be seen as negative for a lot of people, but if you don't demonize the underworld, and appreciate the molten, fiery core of the Earth for what it is, Salvia can help you overcome addiction, whether to a substance, or a train of thought or behavior pattern that just doesn't make sense.

I like to call it "Super Mint." In a fast-paced world, the ultra-serene effects of the matter-of-fact wisdom of Salvia can seem jarring for people, but I say it just Puts You In Your Place.

I am so happy to have sparked reasonable Salvia discussion!!! I chuckled at "...how it doesn't make sense, but because of how it still does somehow even when it seems like it shouldn't."

I find Salvia to be deeply logical, sobering, and grounding. Like, pragmatic. If DMT brings you up, Salvia brings you down. That can be seen as negative for a lot of people, but if you don't demonize the underworld, and appreciate the molten, fiery core of the Earth for what it is, Salvia can help you overcome addiction, whether to a substance, or a train of thought or behavior pattern that just doesn't make sense.

This phenomenon is an important part of what about salvia I relate to natural dissociation. I get the feeling that the point of the mechanism is to be a subjective response to a situational context of inescapable stress, with the response being that the brain rapidly generates and runs through an intricate and elaborate simulation aimed at reprogramming the consciousness that goes through it in a way that will hypothetically help it overcome, accept, move beyond, or otherwise somehow deal with the situation causing the stress. Though, with salvia, similarly to how rewarding drugs kind of just latch on to whatever is happening in your life while you're on them, it feels like this drug-fueled form of the process can just latch on to whatever is going through your mind at the time, which I feel is probably part of what makes it useful, like taking whatever stresses are affecting you at any given time and forcing your brain to try to deal with them at a higher level of operation than would normally be occurring at that moment without the salvia, by tricking the brain into bringing out the big guns that it always has ready to go underneath the surface for more extreme contextual situations.

Recently there was a popular story in the media about a comedian who smoked salvia and tripped for around forty-five seconds in which he claims to have experienced eight years of life vividly waiting and wondering if he would ever return to this one, before finally doing so. Many people discounted the story as seeming as absurd, but, coming from a perspective of knowing relatively a lot about salvia and dissociation in general, I found the story to seem quite believable - I won't go into if maybe some details were exaggerated, but at the core, I could believe it - and the reason is because the story clearly contained this phenomenon. He was a Mormon preacher I believe before his trip and when he entered the other life in the trip, he was able to feel distanced from the teachings of the Mormon church and research them in his other life in a way where he realized that he wouldn't actually want to believe those things and decided to no longer do so in any life, and finally after becoming fully comfortable in his new life, he dropped out of that alternate universe and back in to this one, determined to leave the Mormon church. It had clearly been giving him a lot of anxiety, and no matter how extreme his trip seemed, it didn't end until the moment he was able to fully let go of that.

I like to call it "Super Mint." In a fast-paced world, the ultra-serene effects of the matter-of-fact wisdom of Salvia can seem jarring for people, but I say it just Puts You In Your Place.

It might put you in someone else's place and them in yours if you're not careful, though.

Salvia is so ridiculous, all I have to say about it, ridiculous.
I still have a 40x extract somewhere, great reminder.

Lucky. Just make sure you wait your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.