• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like it would be fun without the sick feeling, I love begin sedated and have been looking for a substance that would feel similar to LSD crossed with morphine for some time. The dissos don't really do it for me because I don't want to be disconnected, just relaxed.

I got bad news this morning, best friend ended up in jail for a week. Don't let the police ever catch you doing shit because they'll never leave you alone. He had a stint with alcohol and got a DUI almost a decade ago now, he would have been fine but the suspension broke under the car and they made him blow when they showed up. He blew just over the limit and had to deal with all the bullshit for years until he got his license back. 6 months ago he had half a beer with supper and got in his new car to ride home, the fucking ball joint gave out and he found himself on the side of the road with a broken car again. He'd just gotten someone to stop and was getting ready to leave with them when bluelights rolled up. The passer-by put him out of the car because he didn't want to be involved. They saw a prior DUI and had him blow again, it barely registered but any amount was too much. He paid $500+ for classes this time hoping to avoid jail, the counselor felt so bad for him that she sent over a letter of recommendation, fucking judge locked him up anyway. All they care about is the money. Now he's going to have to pay the state for the right to drive his car around for the next few years. Bastards.

Going to go see him today and take him some books. I'll probably sneak him in something fun too, anything to make it more bearable.

You are in the USA right? Is this some weird state law that says any previous DUI means ANY amount of alcohol and driving is a DUI even after completion of probation or jail sentence? That doesn't make any sense?

Glad to hear the news TNW

Fuck... I finished Malazan Book Of The Fallen series last Sunday. Marathoned the last bit in like 6 hours. I didn't mean to finish it, but the momentum kept building and I could only get up to piss and get another beer. I teared up a few times. Felt fucking drained when it was done. Like "man I just spent 6 months reading this series... what do I do now?" I kinda wanna start the Kharkansas triology Erikson is writing, or one of the Ian C Esselmont Malazan books. I've been close to going back and reading the last 100 pages again. I feel like I missed some stuff. It kinda feels like having sex with your ex right after breaking up though. It sounds good, but you know it's a bad idea. hahah.

Yeah ending those was rough. I feel like I missed all SORTS of stuff. Especially because for a period of time in the middle of them I was doing stims and reading before I went to bed when I was wasted, I'm sure my mind couldn't contain all of it during some times like that. I got to end like... wait, what happened to X? What about Y? I had a lot of those. I also had that thing during the last 2 books, like, dude, stop! Slow down! You want these to be done?? But I couldn't help it.

Someday I'll read them again and I bet I'll retain a lot more detail.

So, my brother called me today and told me his wife is 10 weeks pregnant, and they're having a baby. :) So I'm gonna be an uncle! I'm really excited about it. He's really excited too, it was an accident, they were gonna wait a couple more years, but they're gonna be 27 when the kid is born, and they're making well over $100k/year between them and just bought their first house, so they're gonna be fine. I can't wait to be able to love this kid and have lots of fun hanging out with a tiny kid who grows into a little kid and then a big kid and so on... but not have to do all the shitty parts. =D

Last edited:
^Sounds nice man :)

So does this: [video]

Ha!! I happened to be listening to that track right as I read this post! It is a really awesome track, and I can't wait to have the full effect with a little action on the ol' 5-HT2A receptors.

The whole album is pretty fucking killer. As always, it will require multiple listens in varying states to really appreciate. But, as an opener, Remember the Future is a really nice one. Some cool flute sections, especially when it gets kinda tripped/glitched out. The guitar line is really pretty :)

Quite true.

Bad situation, although presumably he already dabbled in such things; surely there can't be many left who haven't heard the old queens a lizard thing? Maybe you need to further stress and clarify the point that you were joking?

I had to duck out of making my post #6666 in some kind of symbolism/satanism thread the other week. I thought it might be amusing to say something like "well I've certainly never seen any occult symbolism", before realising I just knew someone would take it seriously. The thought of somebody throwing their hands up in the air in shock and crying "not the BL mods too!!" was just too much to go through with.

So I need to wait until post #66666 now and the cats kind of out the bag.

Good thinking. You wouldn't want to clue the masses into the vast occultist conspiracy that is the BL modding staff.

Wait, crap, this isn't the modthread! Errrr... Friends, please ignore any scurrilous rumors you may have heard about a vast occultist conspiracy within the modding staff. We are definitely NOT performing an arcane ritual to summon the elder gods and bring about the end times. Praise, umm, not-Cthulhu!

*whew* that was a close one.

I would chortle, but all I could muster was an evil snigger and ruptious cackle.

Yeah ending those was rough. I feel like I missed all SORTS of stuff. Especially because for a period of time in the middle of them I was doing stims and reading before I went to bed when I was wasted, I'm sure my mind couldn't contain all of it during some times like that. I got to end like... wait, what happened to X? What about Y? I had a lot of those. I also had that thing during the last 2 books, like, dude, stop! Slow down! You want these to be done?? But I couldn't help it.

Someday I'll read them again and I bet I'll retain a lot more detail.

So, my brother called me today and told me his wife is 10 weeks pregnant, and they're having a baby. :) So I'm gonna be an uncle! I'm really excited about it. He's really excited too, it was an accident, they were gonna wait a couple more years, but they're gonna be 27 when the kid is born, and they're making well over $100k/year between them and just bought their first house, so they're gonna be fine. I can't wait to be able to love this kid and have lots of fun hanging out with a tiny kid who grows into a little kid and then a big kid and so on... but not have to do all the shitty parts. =D

Yah, tons of "wait... what about. X or Y or P?????". He did wrap up a whole metric fuck ton of things though. I can't say I am dissapointed at all. Especially since it lets my imagination run wild still. He did two AMA on reddit (look em up, worth reading almost every post). He seems super nice, personable, and grateful for his fans. Someone asked "So what was the meaning with what happened with the Crippled God" (paraphrase for potential spoilers). Erickson was basically like " I dunno, whatever you think". hehehehehe. I think that's what I like about the series. So many people come in and out. Other series authors never do that to characters they know fans have emotional interested vested into. Sooooooo many different people to keep track of. How could you wrap it all up? All in all I am super satisfied with this series. Tops Wheel of Time and Sword of Truth for me. I might read the two Kharkansas books before I read the new Stormlight. I'm still in that Malazan zone.... fuck. The feels when the squad has swords half out for Korlat at the very end. After ALL they have fucking been through, still no hesitation to protect a friend. FUCK!

Also, dude, how the fuck did you do 6 apb multiple days in a row? I feel like if I did that I would be completly off the rails in manic fuck it all zone.

You are in the USA right? Is this some weird state law that says any previous DUI means ANY amount of alcohol and driving is a DUI even after completion of probation or jail sentence? That doesn't make any sense?

I should have clarified, he had completed probation but was on a restricted license when he was pulled over the second time. He should have known better. Yes DUI laws are state by state and mine is one of the worst because it brings in so much money for the state. Basically once you mess up the first time they never leave you alone. He ended up not getting locked up in county and he's kinda pissed about it. He has cerebral palsy and walks with a limp but it otherwise fully functional, he went before a new judge that took pity on him. Instead of 7 days in county he ended up with a another year of probation which includes pissing in a cup every two weeks or so. He came over the other night and was ranting about it; "I hate this state, they won't let me work and they won't let me go to jail...can't win for losing".

He told me instead of dealing with paying for the device begin put in his car he's just going to not drive for the next year. Plans on smoking weed once a month after taking the piss test. Said he's going to focus on training over the course of the next year and attend all the tournaments he can. I've created a bit of a monster, got him back into playing fighting games and he's improved so much. He's the most dedicated out of all the players I've been training. He said he spent two days playing Street Fighter 4 after he found out he wasn't going to get locked up. Had a few guys show up talking shit, steam rolled all of them. He came over hype to play the other night and talking some shit himself. He went 3-40 (maybe more losses) over various games we play. Kept wanting rematches, finally had to cut him off because my wrists started to hurt. I keep getting better myself and as these guys I'm training improve I do too. They think I'm holding back on them but really I get stronger as I get weaker and have a knack for finding a way to win even when I have a pixel of health.

Also over the last month I've been playing sets on LSD and MDMA and found a lot of stuff I didn't know about before. Something about LSD helps me so greatly in training. I've become addicted to taking it once a week and just going in the lab and learning. I played a guy while candy flipping a week ago and he got the better of me in the first round and from then on I was untouchable. I get hyper focused on the stuff. My sober play is much improved since quitting opioids, I didn't realize I was handicapping myself for the last decade.

Not really a religious man, but I do often ponder the idea of gods. It was hot today. I'm a little high and just kinda got this idea of our solar system as a hydroponic setup. And I'm wondering if our solar system is the chronic?

Yah, tons of "wait... what about. X or Y or P?????". He did wrap up a whole metric fuck ton of things though. I can't say I am dissapointed at all. Especially since it lets my imagination run wild still. He did two AMA on reddit (look em up, worth reading almost every post). He seems super nice, personable, and grateful for his fans. Someone asked "So what was the meaning with what happened with the Crippled God" (paraphrase for potential spoilers). Erickson was basically like " I dunno, whatever you think". hehehehehe. I think that's what I like about the series. So many people come in and out. Other series authors never do that to characters they know fans have emotional interested vested into. Sooooooo many different people to keep track of. How could you wrap it all up? All in all I am super satisfied with this series. Tops Wheel of Time and Sword of Truth for me. I might read the two Kharkansas books before I read the new Stormlight. I'm still in that Malazan zone.... fuck. The feels when the squad has swords half out for Korlat at the very end. After ALL they have fucking been through, still no hesitation to protect a friend. FUCK!

Yeah it tops WOT and SOT for me too. Or anything else really. No one else has written anything like it. I'm pretty in awe of it. So many beautiful and perfect moments of illustrating human folly and human nobility using the most amazing sequences of beautiful words.

Also, dude, how the fuck did you do 6 apb multiple days in a row? I feel like if I did that I would be completly off the rails in manic fuck it all zone.

I didn't even get remotely manic, it makes me feel really mongy, like I want to sit there and feel good. I don't know, I'm a freak I guess. It felt really hard on my body and brain but it wasn't hard to DO, if you know what I mean. It just took a substantial toll on me physically. Didn;t feel off the rails at all, other than in the sense that I was ridiculous abusing a serotonin releasing stimulant with little self control about it.

Well it officially snowed for the first time this year. Just a dusting, but now it's really windy and it's gonna get pretty cold tonight so there'll probably be a veneer of ice on everything in the morning. Hope the wind doesn't knock down any big branches, I live in a forest where the trees absolutely tower over my 2-story house, so I always get nervous in the Fall, I've already had a branch puncture a hole in my roof before. Damn it, winter is coming. :( I'm not a big fan of winter. Especially at the beginning of it (the worst part IMO) every year, my sweetie is across the country so I got no one to snuggle up with. Except my cats, which is nice, but no comparison.

On the upside, I have all my house organizing tasks done except for the 2 closets... I'm gonna start on the downstairs closet now, it'll be nice to have it be a usable space again.

Well it officially snowed for the first time this year. Just a dusting, but now it's really windy and it's gonna get pretty cold tonight so there'll probably be a veneer of ice on everything in the morning. Hope the wind doesn't knock down any big branches, I live in a forest where the trees absolutely tower over my 2-story house, so I always get nervous in the Fall, I've already had a branch puncture a hole in my roof before. Damn it, winter is coming. :( I'm not a big fan of winter. Especially at the beginning of it (the worst part IMO) every year, my sweetie is across the country so I got no one to snuggle up with. Except my cats, which is nice, but no comparison.

On the upside, I have all my house organizing tasks done except for the 2 closets... I'm gonna start on the downstairs closet now, it'll be nice to have it be a usable space again.
Sounds like its nice where you're at :) unfortunately FL weather is just miserable year round. It stays sticky & humid, got down in the mid 60's this past week and everyone's bundled up like it's Alaska!

Haha yeah, mid-sixties is an awesome temperature, I go out in short sleeves and shorts in that, maybe pants if it's a dreary mid-sixties.

Well you've already done it I imagine, but I'd slam it down as quick as possible, that stuff tastes horrific.

Oh man, I just played the hell out of my piano! Wish I had recorded it, except that my nice home piano has like 7 keys now that don't have sound anymore. :\ Gotta get that fixed. In any case, I'm excited for band tonight, I'm feeling very inspired right now. 2 and a quarter more hours of work to go. Not bad. :) I'll probably play more because I don't have much to do at the moment.

Man, I worked out today for the second time since starting up again, and I feel great. :) Amazing how quickly you can get back in the working out zone. I'm excited to feel way better all the time than I have been. :)

It's been 2 weeks today since I quit doing stimulants and I've only drank twice or done any other drugs since then besides a little weed, once at the first band practice after quitting stims and once on Saturday along with some AMT and phenibut. Damn was that fun! I unexpectedly added a little DCK into the mix about 14 hours after AMT ingestion, 15mg orally, and enjoyed the trippiest part of the night with Delsyd at his house. :) Super fun night, and it didn't fuck me up because I've been taking care of myself. Yesterday I just did house work and relaxed, and today it's back to working out. I'm not gonna drink again until probably this weekend because I'm gonna go out to a show and hang out late and stuff. I've really been enjoying waking up clear-headed and energized, I think I'll continue doing that. :) I also find I like band practice more because instead of being stimmed and shit and then increasingly intoxicated, I feel really sharp the whole time and internalize and get a lot more done. And then afterwards when we're working on album art or hanging out and re-listening to what we just played, I'm 100% present.

I just had a good sesh playing my new MIDI keyboard controller. It had been way too long since having midi keys in my arsenal. The more I play it the more I remember how to play.

At some point in the move something came loose in my 49 key MIDI and now none of the white keys work, only the black :( Thankfully I have a 29 key, but that totally limits making full use of octaves..... 49 isn't even that much to begin with. Oh well.

I've been making ambient/meditative stuff recently anyways so there's not much of a need for intense playing. If anyone wants to hear the track I just finished - polishing and mixing/mastering still needs to be done, but it's there - shoot me a PM and I'll share. I'm pretty proud of it :)

At some point in the move something came loose in my 49 key MIDI and now none of the white keys work, only the black :( Thankfully I have a 29 key, but that totally limits making full use of octaves..... 49 isn't even that much to begin with. Oh well.

I've been making ambient/meditative stuff recently anyways so there's not much of a need for intense playing. If anyone wants to hear the track I just finished - polishing and mixing/mastering still needs to be done, but it's there - shoot me a PM and I'll share. I'm pretty proud of it :)

i have never done it myself so i can't offer any advice, but have you tried opening up the 49 key one? maybe you'll see how to fix it.

i have never done it myself so i can't offer any advice, but have you tried opening up the 49 key one? maybe you'll see how to fix it.

That's the plan! I just haven't had any time between school, socializing, and the like, and don't see when I really will. I'm hoping it's something that doesn't require soldering. Given, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone with an iron and the know-how if it is...

That's the plan! I just haven't had any time between school, socializing, and the like, and don't see when I really will. I'm hoping it's something that doesn't require soldering. Given, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone with an iron and the know-how if it is...

Might be a good time to learn depending on what needs to be repaired. Soldering isn't that hard just requires a steady hand. Practice on some wires then move on to PCBs and such. I'm hoping to get a new iron for Christmas, want one with the ability to change tips quickly (and use very fine ones) and fine tuned temperature control. I'm starting to work on stuff that I can't afford to damage so it'll be a good investment. If I don't get it under the tree I'll be buying it myself after the New Year. It's a good skill to know, keep a butane iron in my car at all times in case I need to repair the electrical system away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.