• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn that's insane. I can't imagine spending that much on cigarettes/nicotine. I don't think I ever would have let myself use it as much as I did if it cost that much, it's just not worth it. I'd rather spend hundreds of dollars a month on something that makes me feel good.

Nicotine is a creepy drug, I still maintain. I mean I guess my good friend says it makes him feel amazing, but personally I have never liked the nicotine buzz. Which makes it all the more puzzling that I have spent years using it every day, even hiding it from my partners. It creeps me out.

I have to say, in a totally unrelated subject, my girlfriend really seems like she's feeling better than she has in a long time. She's been uniformly chipper other than that one time she got really angry, ever since we had our really intense talk when I was on MXiPr. It feels different being around her. That conversation is all pretty dreamlike to me now but I I addressed all of the stuff I have been hesitant to say. We confronted the most recent trauma of my cat dying when she was watching her and I think I got through to her. I don't know, things feel different, in a good way. I hope it lasts. :) I'm really glad that I happened to take MXiPr at that moment, and that it was magical that time. I don't think I would have been able to say a lot of that stuff otherwise, and it obviously needed to be said.

You what? 16?! For CC? I'd quit too. :p
Mom always smoked CCs so in a way the nostalgia was enjoyable lol

Now my pod seems to be leaking on the nord X. First I thought it was when I was filling it some spilled down the sides, then because I was overfilling. Then I read the manual and maybe it’s becuase it’s 50/50 vg/pg not the recommended 70/30.... idk but I’ll go back today and demand satisfaction lol. It wasn’t an expensive piece but for the price I’d like it to last at least until I’ve managed to ween off nicotine but with a leak I doubt it’ll last that long before it leaks into the unit and mangles something.

Anyone got any suggestions for a device with refillable pods and changeable coils that doesn’t leak? Reviews on reddit seem to lean towards Smok products being crap, for a variety of reasons, leaking pods being one

I could never quite figure out what attracts me to smoking tobacco. It stinks, tastes like crap, irritates my lungs and basically just makes me feel lightheaded for a few minutes. :?

I fucking love smoking. I only quit daily smoking because it was starting to chip away at my health after 15 years. Not sure why.....probably the entire addiction aspect of it and how that works in the brain because I haven't gotten high off it since back in like 2005 or 2006. Maybe once in a while but defo not since I stopped having a smoke with my morning tea after breakfast about three or so years ago.

For me, spending 250$ a month was alright...I could easily afford it. It WAS borderline at times over the years but it was worth it for me. I hated the taste of cheaper darts so there was no point in trying to cheap out. It was either quit or keep at it at the high price. I treat my binge drinking the same way. Just because I'm going to drink two cases of beer over a weekend at some festival, doesn't mean I go from the 75$ case to the 40$ case of beer. May as well not drink if I'm going to be downing plonk.
I guess having a steady and well-paying job helps with the degen spending.

I have a work colleague who buys 12$ carton bags.....but that shit is not even fit for human consumption and not worth it. I always buy him a carton of Belmonts at Christmas and it makes his week....or however long it lasts him.

PS: I don't know about all you guys and your vapes. Early days innit? Could turn out to have similar deletirious long term effects as smoking.

Mom always smoked CCs so in a way the nostalgia was enjoyable lol

Now my pod seems to be leaking on the nord X. First I thought it was when I was filling it some spilled down the sides, then because I was overfilling. Then I read the manual and maybe it’s becuase it’s 50/50 vg/pg not the recommended 70/30.... idk but I’ll go back today and demand satisfaction lol. It wasn’t an expensive piece but for the price I’d like it to last at least until I’ve managed to ween off nicotine but with a leak I doubt it’ll last that long before it leaks into the unit and mangles something.

Anyone got any suggestions for a device with refillable pods and changeable coils that doesn’t leak? Reviews on reddit seem to lean towards Smok products being crap, for a variety of reasons, leaking pods being one

The classic pod system is the Lost Vape Orion. I personally have the Geekvape Frenzy and really like it, though its not listed on the Geekvape site anymore, which scares me about continued availability of coils. Orion is going strong and will be, though. My friend has one, it's good.

And, it's probably just the juice with your Nord. You do not want to use lower VG than recommended. There's a Large difference in viscosity between VG and PG, and it will
cause leaks like you're experiencing.

PS: I don't know about all you guys and your vapes. Early days innit? Could turn out to have similar deletirious long term effects as smoking.

It's not so early. There's decades of human inhalation of PG to look at re: smoke machines, effects at shows, etc.

I used to feel 100% safe because of that. Now, I acknowledge there is always a chance of sustained chronic consumption causing hitherto unknown effects. And, I feel safe enough considering how well I take care of myself.

Vaping FEELS immediately much less bad. Smoking makes my lungs feel like shit. Vaping is probably not harmless by any means, but I'd be really surprised if it's as bad for you as smoking. Combustion chemicals are carcinogenic and pollute the shit out of your lungs and throat.

Yeah, me three!

Wtf....the last two have been <3
Honestly always liked my original one best, this one's kinda eerie lol, and Costanza was good as a short gimmick

I took some Rhodiola Rosea, it's been a while, about to leave for a bike ride + hike, let's pray it doesn't rain. Out of principle I never check rain radars, I've seen several family members of mine going down that dark path, it's like an addiction. I prefer old school, solely on feel

Yes, it’s not that I think that vaping is without negative consequence. Rather I feel that it is a viable, short term, means to resolve my cigarette addiction whilst also proving as a way to reduce harm.

As Xorkoth mentioned, smoking really seems much worse. Even at ~15 smokes a day for the past ~7 months I found the last few months I would be extremely phlegmy and congested upon waking. Even so much so as coughing up dark phlegm for the first few hours in the morning, and occasionally throughout the day. Almost immediately since making the switch I’ve noticed both the congestion and phlegm to be gone.

And yes psy, from my, rather late, research I became aware that vg was significantly more viscous than pg. it’s weird that the employee didn’t mention this recommendation, though I suppose to be fair he did tell me familiarize myself with the manual before he had me pick a juice. And he can’t be expected to know everything about the 10s of devices in the store.

So as today marks 1 week since I got the device, and as I was planning to jump down each week to a lower concentration of vape juice - when I return to the store today I’ll be sure to grab the proper ratio of vg:pg juice, as well as a lower concentration.

Also, I s aw a video of someone washing both (refillable) pods and coils out before switching flavours to avoid cross contamination of flavours (and as a means to extend coil life. I know coils aren’t too expensive but thoughts?

Congrats @Bagseed ! Having kids is an amazing experience. 💗

I'm not sure if I really prefer the sickly sweet smell of vape juice over the acrid stench of cigarettes!

I saw a guy smoking a tobacco pipe the other day, not so common around here these days. It sure smelled good. I'm not sure what they put in typical pipe tobacco to make it smell so good, but I'm sure it wasn't the tobacco giving it that nice "pipe tobacco" smell.

I saw a guy smoking a tobacco pipe the other day, not so common around here these days. It sure smelled good. I'm not sure what they put in typical pipe tobacco to make it smell so good, but I'm sure it wasn't the tobacco giving it that nice "pipe tobacco" smell.
Was it @Cream Gravy? 🤔

Not unless perpetualdawn went on one long ass road trip first hehe.

With pipe tobacco they tend to blend in sugar/alcohol/other flavorings to give it a good flavor/scent, plus they don't use as shitty of cuts, it's somewhere between cigs and cigars for quality of tobacco. They'll also blend multiple strains so to speak, i.e. Virginia, Burley, etc.

yeah I feel like I will be very happy about it... it was a decision after all, allthough still kinda scary to be honest. Do you have children?

ad smoking: I also believe vaping should be much more safe for you than smoking like 20 cigarettes a day (been there), provided your device has been constructed in a safe manner and all that. I stopped smoking tobacco, and nowadays I also vape weed more than I smoke it. and if I smoke bud for a couple of days, I already start to feel the effect on the lungs, even with the tiny amount I use (like tenth of a gram a day not every day). This february I'll be tobacco free for seven years. crazy how fast time goes by... but one of the better decisions / achievements in my life I guess. Can't imagine getting old smoking tobacco everyday and dealing with the health problems that come with that. Seems really horrible, especially with the self guilt thing that comes with addiction...

I power smoked an entire e-cig when they first came out and didn't feel a single thing from it, which was strange because even one drag of a real cigarette gives me a head rush. I don't smoke much of anything these days so it's not really an issue for me.

Since my last benzo binge a while back, I've been struggling to get below a six-pack of beer a day. It's my last addiction and the hardest one to beat. I don't even enjoy it anymore (and sometimes it just plain grosses me out) but it helps me to eat, sleep and keep my anxiety at bay. I know that I need to find a healthier way of coping though.

I feel so self-conscious about everything when I'm sober, even when there's really no reason to. For instance, my mom walked in on me when I was changing my t-shirt the other day. Now obviously there's nothing wrong with being shirtless in front of my mom in my own home, but it really embarrassed me for some reason.

When I'm out in public, I scrutinize every single thing I do and say. I'm always afraid that somebody will take something the wrong way and I'll lie awake replaying it in my mind over and over again. Sometimes I hate my brain.

In my experience people are more worried about what they said themselves, than what someone else said, and the memory of a conversation or interaction gets mostly dumbed down to a general impression. There's really not that much wrong you cán or even will do, and even if it's like a strange interaction it will just be added onto the general impression that person had before, and all that gets thrown together into a vague like image. You probably know this, but still...

Have you tried microdosing LSD recently? LSD specifically can work wonders I think, it can bring this sort of flair to your day, where you feel like you can fully trust your instincts, while still overthinking, but a healthy amount, and with enough awareness to know where to stop.

yeah I feel like I will be very happy about it... it was a decision after all, allthough still kinda scary to be honest. Do you have children?
Yeah I have kids, it's nice. Tons of work of course, especially at the beginning, but its deeply satisfying. I don't think I'm spoiling the plot by saying that it's probably the most profound experience of love you can have as a human being. You hear that, but it's different when you're actually in it. It's not all rainbows of course, but underneath it all there's that, we're wired for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.