• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I saw a video of someone washing both (refillable) pods and coils out before switching flavours to avoid cross contamination of flavours (and as a means to extend coil life. I know coils aren’t too expensive but thoughts?

It's not a bad idea. I think people use isopropyl alcohol usually for that? I actually have five old coils that are soaking in everclear right now as an experiment to see if old coils can be reused. I've heard the wicking can be adequately cleaned with alcohol, though I'm not sure ethanol works the same, nor that coils that have sit dirty and unused for months can be resalvaged.

But yea, I don't worry about it too much when switching flavors. It depends on how much you care about the purity of your juice flavor relative to what was being used before.

Ah, and I could see isopropyl soaks before the coils go bad being an effective preventative measure, but again, I can't say from personal experience or even much research.

Ripped two fat cones of sativa skunky weed fuck I was launched got locked outside for over a hour around 3 am from the hostel I booked for a night til my ass sobered up and could use the touch screen door code that I didnt see lmao. I was truly about to sleep outside the entire night on the doorstep. Fuck I had intense visuals on the weed thought I was going insane.

Yeah I have kids, it's nice. Tons of work of course, especially at the beginning, but its deeply satisfying. I don't think I'm spoiling the plot by saying that it's probably the most profound experience of love you can have as a human being. You hear that, but it's different when you're actually in it. It's not all rainbows of course, but underneath it all there's that, we're wired for it.

This is the primary mark against staying with my girlfriend long-term... she is pretty much set by now on not wanting kids. Earlier on, she said she probably would, but we were 6 years younger. I keep hoping it's related to her childhopod trauma (it probably is), but I'm not sure she'll ever change her stance on it.

My buddy (samadhi_smiles for those who are OG) has a 2 year old, unexpected but he and his partner are absolutely over the moon, and his kid is incredible (I'm called his uncle :)). The transformation I have seen him go through, and that we have talked about, is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I increasingly feel like if I don't reproduce at some point, I am going to regret it. It's literally the entire biological point of life. On the other hand, the world is pretty fucked and I'm not sure if it's going to get a lot worse in my lifetime or not.

I really don't believe the world is that fucked, but let's not descend into that rabbit hole, I'm just saying that I don't believe you should add too much weight into that argument, unless there are real signs that living conditions will become very dire where we live. But hey, I'm really not trying to poke holes in very personal considerations.
Blame it on youthful optimism!

Honestly always liked my original one best, this one's kinda eerie lol, and Costanza was good as a short gimmick
Well, they are yours....I'm just hyping them up because they speak to me. The current one reminds me of what's inside my head. I'll be alright. :)

I took some Rhodiola Rosea, it's been a while, about to leave for a bike ride + hike, let's pray it doesn't rain. Out of principle I never check rain radars, I've seen several family members of mine going down that dark path, it's like an addiction. I prefer old school, solely on feel

Oh man, I work outside and am on The Weather Network multiple times a day most days. Although, after 20 years, I've long ago picked up the feel for the weather and always supplement forecases with what I see. Helps that most of our weather patterns come from the west and I'm overlooking the lake, facing that direction. Bit of a cheat.

I like your style though. If I wasn't responsible for keeping multiple people employed and not wasting their time, I think I'd largely give up on forecast as well.

As Xorkoth mentioned, smoking really seems much worse. Even at ~15 smokes a day for the past ~7 months I found the last few months I would be extremely phlegmy and congested upon waking. Even so much so as coughing up dark phlegm for the first few hours in the morning, and occasionally throughout the day. Almost immediately since making the switch I’ve noticed both the congestion and phlegm to be gone.

Yeah, you guys are right in that respect. My breathing improved immensely last autumn when I first quit. Throat took a good month to clear up.

And how fucked smoking is: now, even when I only have one or two on a weekend with a drink.....I'm stuffy all week. The throat's clearer though, so there's that at least.

I really don't believe the world is that fucked, but let's not descend into that rabbit hole
To descend down that rabbit hole just a little bit....
I also don't believe the world is fucked. I mean yes, it's fucked, but it's a lot less fucked right now (for humankind anyways) than it has been at probably any time in the past. Humanity does have some huge challenges esp. with the global ecosystem, but I believe in humanity, and that we can and will step up to the challenges.

There's still nothing better to do than to be a being on this incredible planet.

There was a total solar eclipse here yesterday. Ironically, it was extremely cloudy and even raining. So we couldn't see the eclipse !! So frustrating. Still, got to experience the transition from day to night, and day again in a couple of minutes. It was very magical !

Aw man, that sucks! :( I've gotten to see one, and we got a clear view of it, it was so cool.

6 hours sleep in 3 days running on alcohol caffeine and weed. Summer time is in full swing here the uv rays are fucked in nz got a nasty sun burn through sun screen. Today the universe randomly threw many challenges like my life was a bad sitcom while hung over got through against the odds though way more broke after a series of unfortunate events felt like I was on some crazy video game side missions. Was going to restock acid but that will have to wait til next year for now I have two tabs i would of tripped tonight if today didnt just become some universal trolling of events. Going to recover and find some sleep soon once I finally get home almost got stranded.

@TripSitterNZ is there still a hole in the ozone on that end?
its a misconception about the ozone hole its closer to the south pole. Its due to the longitude and latitude of the country that the suns rays hit the earth at a certain angle where they don't get absorbed much by the upper layers of the atmosphere combined with a major lack of pollution like europe america china etc there are less gases to absorb UV. So alot of UV touches the ground and will be like that forever. When i was a student in university i remember learning if there was a actual ozone hole above a country of humans people would not be able to live there or go outside at all it would be very worse. Our UV is only matched by places like Chile i believe and even worse than australia. the index hits 15-17 quite regularly over summer. I can spend 15 minutes in the sun and get a bad sun burn on the worse days.

Happy Xmas season to all!.

@Pfafffed Time to crank the BBQs over summer.

Last edited:
I can spend 15 minutes in the sun and get a bad sun burn on the worse days.
Lol I can do that anywhere on the planet. My Northern European ancestry didn't want to acknowledge the existence of the sun or something. I have to be inspected annually by my dermatologist for suspect spots :(

Our UV is only matched by places like Chile

Can confirm. Specially at the south of the country. My father lives there, and at summer time the sun is just insane. You go outside for a few hours, and even with sunblock on you are guaranteed to get at least a little bit sunburned.

Lol I can do that anywhere on the planet. My Northern European ancestry didn't want to acknowledge the existence of the sun or something. I have to be inspected annually by my dermatologist for suspect spots :(

My mom used to joke that I can walk by an open window and get a tan. Every summer I would end up darker than my Puerto Rican friend. I tan a little less well as an adult, but I still love soaking up the sun and even in the winter I have an olive complexion.

My Northern European ancestry didn't want to acknowledge the existence of the sun or something. I have to be inspected annually by my dermatologist for suspect spots :(
I spent decades cooking myself in the sun. Now one of my oldest friends is dying of metastatic melanoma and I'm terrified of going to a dermatologist, even though I know I should.🌞

I can't imagine that. I work outside, and have been for 20 years. I used to, until about five years ago, work March-October (weather permitting) topless. Used to soak in the sun and darken like old leather.

Then, my friends started making jokes about me and skin cancer. Ahaaaa.........I take it a bit more shady these days.

I love the sun though. Splayed out on the granite rocks of Georgian Bay on a summer day? Nothing better.

Basically, what I'm saying is....I think I may cosmically take the heat off you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.