• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Withdrawals

I don't want to do that. It's in the very back of my mind. I just hope I can make these 2 30's work a day. I just don't want to suffer for the rest of my life. Like a lot of the members on here, I do have real pain issues---my life has just sucked so much up until now, I don't want to suffer unnecessary pain for the rest of it, because unfortunately the conditions I have will only start to worsen. Also unfortunately I have an addicts mentality---the enough is never enough---that is what I have to work on---there is no way to be completely pain -free. Its something |I will have to deal with or wds every 2 weeks---but the making a 14 day script last for 16 days--cruel and unusual punishment---I had to go through Hell just to get them on the 15th day. They were going to wait until Friday. Every minute of the early days 1 and two were back by the time I got the meds. I do wish now I had never started them as I don't think I can get off them, and I really don't want to be in constant pain. Thanks for listening to me--I really look up to you guys and you've been a true lifesaver for me many times--you in particular and a few others---Kudos!!!!!

I am suffering from wds-yes I have taken them for 12 years --\I just moved back to the US from the UK and in the UK -pharmacies don't share info--so I had 5 drs and took up to 20-24 60 mgs daily for a few years --then my son took them from me and gave me only 6 60's daily. I was still taking about 8-10 b/c he didn't know about one of my drs. Then I moved here and had tapered down but not enough obviously.--I am going on to my 4th day of wds, and I found a dr who will see me next week--they helped me with the insurance-that was the big problem--this is the 6th time I have been on wds been to the hospital once in Brooklyn when I was visiting my Dad, but the other times I always got my refills after 3-4 days--I don't know what to expect now--I just want to stay asleep all day but can't of course. Also my son who lives with me said I cannot get anymore and is going to the dr with me--I can't go through this hell anymore and you know if its been 12 years at high high mounts--I will suffer more than a week--Help
according to perdue oxy isn't addictive, i dont know what the problem is.

Juler, just in the couple of days that I've been reading and commenting on this post, your condition has improved. You hang in there and from the looks of the post before the awesome information assclass (perfect username btw) shared with us, it appears you are looking at this issue from the right angle with a more positive mindset than you were in.

Just a little message for pinprick--just b/c i'm not using a cool name and not quoting comfortably numb and I used my real pic and I got my scripts froms drs--doesn't make my story less true. If you want we can go through my long cutting and real suicide attempts--still have the scars physically and mentally from those and they're 30 yrs old. I just have always done everything in excess. It really bothers me that I finally tell the truth and so many members don't believe me...It actually makes me angry and confused--isn't this forum for helping?--not judging? I can get judged by anyone else who doesn't know about addiction--but other adducted people should know, and yes after my divorce--I just didn't care anymore--my son said the light had just gone from my eyes with the oxys and I did very little. If it weren't for the kids, I would not be here. (sorry for sharing too much.) |Go back to laughing, I've been hoping my health would get worse and-ta-da it has--that way my kids can't blame me if something happens. I was trying to see if I could try and get my life back, but I am still having problems--the tiny script I got 10 days ago runs out by Wednesday -it should, but I am down to 8 15's and I have at least 4 full days to go so 4 15's a day won't work and I tried so hard and got so far but in the end it doesn't even matter--see I can quote songs too.
200.gif

I did go to a pain clinic in CO 9 years ago--they prescribed the fentanyl patch and a few oxys for breakthrough pain----the fentanyl did NOTHING for me. Istarted out with the one patch-nothing a few days later 2 patches -nothing-then I put all 4 on and still felt slight wds. I didn't even pick up the refill--but of course the oxys were gone quick--I think everyone is different, I am not sure fentanyl would do much for me. It didn't from the pain clinic.
I can tell you from experience Fentanyl is a very effective pain reliever.
I’m on the 100ug/h patches and they’ve helped tremendously with my chronic back pain.
I think you are confusing pain control with euphoria as experienced with oxycodone.
The reason I like the Fentanyl is because it doesn’t get me all nodded out and drooling in the corner, it controls my pain fairly well and I still know who everyone in the room is. 😉

Juler, just in the couple of days that I've been reading and commenting on this post, your condition has improved. You hang in there and from the looks of the post before the awesome information assclass (perfect username btw) shared with us, it appears you are looking at this issue from the right angle with a more positive mindset than you were in.
Well, I did get my tiny amt of meds, so of course I feel better. I just have to do everything in my power not to overtake and to let my body get used to 60 mgs a day......I didn't even start at that low 12 yrs ago---its super hard to stay at just 2 30 ers a day--they approved the extended release--personally the IR were fine but I'm not complaining but this 16 days for a 14 day rx to last has to stop and I called the dr's ofc 5 days in advance--knew there would be trouble....yeah and the extra 2 days of wds after just going through 2 weeks of wds is not making me like coming back to the states. In fact nothing seems to go right--we haven't had a bit of good luck yet--Applying for the job at AA -its been 3 weeks and no reply yet--what? is my 25 yrs with UA scaring them off. I could get a flight out today no problem. Then t-mobile suspended my svc for no reason--I have to pay them as I already had a good phone and we bought prepaid sims--the rigmarole I went through just now and my payment just floating up somewhere in the sky ....anyway--really it certainly could be worse--I could still be in wds---and what happened to food prices? Man they've tripled since 2013? I should not complain -so many have it so much worse---I could be in the Ukraine---terrible situation.

Oxycodone never left me euphoric or drooling in the corner--you couldn't even tell I was on it, except I really withdrew from everyone. The tiny amt they are giving me now I don't think will leave me as disconnected, hopefully.

Oxycodone never left me euphoric or drooling in the corner--you couldn't even tell I was on it, except I really withdrew from everyone. The tiny amt they are giving me now I don't think will leave me as disconnected, hopefully.
Hang in there juler. Yeah, it never had me drooling in the corner either but it no doubt got me quite euphoric. It was, hands down, my favorite opioid.

It all sucks right now but it will even out. Give yourself time to adjust to the new dosages. It's gonna be okay. I know you need and want more but try and put that aside for now. Just concentrate on feeling better, getting things situated and helping your Son deal with all of it.

Have you applied for SNAP ? ( Supplemental Food program.....EBT? ) Being unemployed you would qualify for it. When you applied for State Medicaid Insurance they SHOULD have signed you up for that as well. It really helps as yes, groceries have tripled in the last 5 years.

Stay strong and just believe that everything is going to work out.

I'm still waiting to hear back from American Airlines and I put in my resume for Delta today as well.----The 25 years with the airlines must count for something. Its been 2 weeks, but when an airlines hires off the streets , they must be desperate. I loved working for the airlines. I only took the early out b/c they never offered it and my commute was killer--I had moved to CO to get my daughter away from her friends --it didn't work---she ended up struggling with alcohol for 10 years and CO to Houston every week and at least 3 nights away a week made me very lonely. Thank God 2 years ago my daughter hit bottom and got it together--she now runs her own halfway house for woman in FL> I am very proud. Of course depite the pain issues she wants me off the oxys--\i admit \there is a real problem there obviously--they did give me my own narcan--never had that bfore--but unless my son was there--it wouldn't matter--I am still struggling to stay on this low pill doe-Its really tough but unless I want wds every 2 weeks--I don't have a choice--I can't smoke pot--haven't since anxiety started so I was 18 and drinking is a real no-no for me. lets just say alcohol and I don't agree--and everyone drinks--it makes it hard to make friends. You guys have been incredibly supportive and informative, with the exception of one member, but I can't expect everyone to understand, that would be quite naive on my part. I intend to stay on this site for the camaraderie and non-judgemental understanding. Thank you!

I can feel my tolerance building up--- not good--I've only had it back this time for 4 days and i'm struggling to stay on whats prscribed b/c supposedly the pharmacy said I am getting 84 10mgs on Tuesday--she never mentioned this and I really need to count it out of the equation or I'm going to runout

thern===eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think the kratom works a bit- I must say I am quite disappointed in it though- I think its taking the edge off the wds - again my 2 week script was gone yesterday I was only able to take it once at 5pm. Like I said the kratom seems to be helping a little bit, but now I'm shaky not what I usually feel with wds and still quite a lot of regular wds. I was so hoping from what I read that kratom would be a lifesaver- it it common to feel shaky - I took 1/2 a bottle, the last half.. of the opms black and about 3 tablespoons of the powder so far today. Am I taking it wrong?

Hang in there juler. Yeah, it never had me drooling in the corner either but it no doubt got me quite euphoric. It was, hands down, my favorite opioid.

It all sucks right now but it will even out. Give yourself time to adjust to the new dosages. It's gonna be okay. I know you need and want more but try and put that aside for now. Just concentrate on feeling better, getting things situated and helping your Son deal with all of it.

Have you applied for SNAP ? ( Supplemental Food program.....EBT? ) Being unemployed you would qualify for it. When you applied for State Medicaid Insurance they SHOULD have signed you up for that as well. It really helps as yes, groceries have tripled in the last 5 years.

Stay strong and just believe that everything is going to work out.
Damn right about the groceries - when I went to the uk 8 yrs ago-nothing like they are now- definitely tripled-

Nope not for dope fiend ,getting sick is part of the process of getting high , to me the entire stories a big steaming pile of BS ,just came back to the US two weeks ago and she’s already on state health insurance 🤣🤣, crying for oxys 🤣🤣 doctor shopping 🤣being too dopesick to go to the store for something that’ll help relieve your misery🤣, applying for an airline job with a history of substance on her/ his medical history 🤣🤣,plus about 100 other things that raise red flags with her/his story..
I 've been thinking about your post and after 3.5 months, it still pisses me off. Just to make you feel better, I am a shell of the person I was when I arrived back from the U.K. Yes, my oxy level is lower, but I still can't get by on 60 mgs a day and I am on Kratom about 3 days a week. I am feeling less and less hope, and believe it or not I have an interview tomorrow with one major airline and another on weds. I was able to save up 4 of the 30's for these 2 interviews, but I am in so much pain, it will be hard to hide if I get hired, and I should with the 20+ exp with the airlines. I knew I couldn't do the interviews on kratom. I am hoping that by working, I can take the tiny amt of oxy and make it last. I am just afraid it might be too late. Pain is killing me, but I have to work to live. I have tried to switch drs but can't find one that has an appt before July or they won't take my insurance, and they don't want self-pay??? Anyway, if I can get one of these jobs, I will get better insurance. So yes, I am in a prison of my own making, but its not funny--Everything is just so overwhelming--p.s. My rehab 30 yrs ago is not on my background check.

Nope not for dope fiend ,getting sick is part of the process of getting high , to me the entire stories a big steaming pile of BS ,just came back to the US two weeks ago and she’s already on state health insurance 🤣🤣, crying for oxys 🤣🤣 doctor shopping 🤣being too dopesick to go to the store for something that’ll help relieve your misery🤣, applying for an airline job with a history of substance on her/ his medical history 🤣🤣,plus about 100 other things that raise red flags with her/his story..

Jesus christ, what the fuck is your problem? Who acts like this? Ugh

I 've been thinking about your post and after 3.5 months, it still pisses me off. Just to make you feel better, I am a shell of the person I was when I arrived back from the U.K. Yes, my oxy level is lower, but I still can't get by on 60 mgs a day and I am on Kratom about 3 days a week. I am feeling less and less hope, and believe it or not I have an interview tomorrow with one major airline and another on weds. I was able to save up 4 of the 30's for these 2 interviews, but I am in so much pain, it will be hard to hide if I get hired, and I should with the 20+ exp with the airlines. I knew I couldn't do the interviews on kratom. I am hoping that by working, I can take the tiny amt of oxy and make it last. I am just afraid it might be too late. Pain is killing me, but I have to work to live. I have tried to switch drs but can't find one that has an appt before July or they won't take my insurance, and they don't want self-pay??? Anyway, if I can get one of these jobs, I will get better insurance. So yes, I am in a prison of my own making, but its not funny--Everything is just so overwhelming--p.s. My rehab 30 yrs ago is not on my background check.
i know it can be hard not to let assholes cruel words not eat you up, but please know that many care and support you best we can, i find folks that do this shit, suffer and want to take others down with them, try to forget that crap and keep returning when you feel like it and know you are respected and understood, i know how hard it is to get back in the work force, pain or not and you have my admiration for even attempting, you have done more in your life than many under great duress , succeeded where many failed, sure we all have made shitty choices, but the pain you live with, i dont blame you one bit, dont ever stop trying and fuck the cruel, we care .never forget

Just an update on this post. I've been hired by American Airlines. I have a start date in the beginning of July. I go for my customs badge in 2 weeks. I'm a legit employee. I wish my training class started sooner, I need the money, but I am thrilled to be hired. My son was hired as well -his class starts in a week. He was called the day before. They called in a random order. One day later and the first class I could get was in July. Still thrilled. It will be interesting to see how work goes with the pain I have, I have been sticking to my meds religiously because I gave them to my son to meter them out to me. He is afraid of them and I know he won't touch them, and he will not give me any extra. That is why I have been able to stick to my schedule for the past month. The kratom I had to take when I ran out was wayyyy cost-prohibitive, so I had to do something. It's getting better. I am in a lot of pain. but nothing I can do. Hopefully my body will eventually get adjusted to 80 mgs a day of the oxy. I;ve been on that for awhile now, but my pain relief is negligible, and I still have the hot and cold issues but it certainly could be worse. I see the rheumatologist next week--hopefully they can do something.

Just an update on this post. I've been hired by American Airlines. I have a start date in the beginning of July. I go for my customs badge in 2 weeks. I'm a legit employee. I wish my training class started sooner, I need the money, but I am thrilled to be hired. My son was hired as well -his class starts in a week. He was called the day before. They called in a random order. One day later and the first class I could get was in July. Still thrilled. It will be interesting to see how work goes with the pain I have, I have been sticking to my meds religiously because I gave them to my son to meter them out to me. He is afraid of them and I know he won't touch them, and he will not give me any extra. That is why I have been able to stick to my schedule for the past month. The kratom I had to take when I ran out was wayyyy cost-prohibitive, so I had to do something. It's getting better. I am in a lot of pain. but nothing I can do. Hopefully my body will eventually get adjusted to 80 mgs a day of the oxy. I;ve been on that for awhile now, but my pain relief is negligible, and I still have the hot and cold issues but it certainly could be worse. I see the rheumatologist next week--hopefully they can do something.
Hey,
At least ure doing much better now and got a new job :) Hope eventually u get to manage your pain properly. Cheers 😊

I’m so happy for you 💖 chronic pain is terrible and I just read that disgusting reply where that asshole was calling you an addict and shit it was disgusting and reading that you had gotten that job made me so happy for you 🤩🦋🍻

miserable peoples only enjoyment comes from hurting people who are already hurting
how much lower can you get?

I wouldn’t wish chronic pain on anybody
I pray that they come up with a way to heal pain once and for all so no one has to be at the mercy of dr’s and the dea‘s prescribing guidelines

Good luck at your new job!

i know since I have been out on leave my pain is really unbearable because I dont have something to occupy my mind. When I am at work and get passionate about something I get into the zone and hunger thirst and pain don’t register.
But being home just convalescing is so much worse. I cant wait to get back to work!

Congrats to you and your son on the jobs !!