• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Withdrawals

juler

Bluelighter
I am suffering from wds-yes I have taken them for 12 years --\I just moved back to the US from the UK and in the UK -pharmacies don't share info--so I had 5 drs and took up to 20-24 60 mgs daily for a few years --then my son took them from me and gave me only 6 60's daily. I was still taking about 8-10 b/c he didn't know about one of my drs. Then I moved here and had tapered down but not enough obviously.--I am going on to my 4th day of wds, and I found a dr who will see me next week--they helped me with the insurance-that was the big problem--this is the 6th time I have been on wds been to the hospital once in Brooklyn when I was visiting my Dad, but the other times I always got my refills after 3-4 days--I don't know what to expect now--I just want to stay asleep all day but can't of course. Also my son who lives with me said I cannot get anymore and is going to the dr with me--I can't go through this hell anymore and you know if its been 12 years at high high mounts--I will suffer more than a week--Help

Just know oxycodone in the US is a whole different ball game, I have a strong suspicion you may not be getting any oxy when you go in to see the doc. If they have even an inkling your an addict, your screwed.

-GC

I am suffering from wds-yes I have taken them for 12 years --\I just moved back to the US from the UK and in the UK -pharmacies don't share info--so I had 5 drs and took up to 20-24 60 mgs daily for a few years --then my son took them from me and gave me only 6 60's daily. I was still taking about 8-10 b/c he didn't know about one of my drs. Then I moved here and had tapered down but not enough obviously.--I am going on to my 4th day of wds, and I found a dr who will see me next week--they helped me with the insurance-that was the big problem--this is the 6th time I have been on wds been to the hospital once in Brooklyn when I was visiting my Dad, but the other times I always got my refills after 3-4 days--I don't know what to expect now--I just want to stay asleep all day but can't of course. Also my son who lives with me said I cannot get anymore and is going to the dr with me--I can't go through this hell anymore and you know if its been 12 years at high high mounts--I will suffer more than a week--Help
I noticed your other post, were you really taking 1500mg of oxy per day? That may be the highest number I've ever heard, I guess oxycodone LD50 is fairly lenient compared to other opioids. You must have had one hell of a massive tolerance!

also G_Chem is right, it's not easy to get oxy in the US anymore, if anything its very difficult neigh impossible.

Have you been to a pain management doc yet?

what is your goal here? what is your endgame?

Are you trying to get off them? Or are you looking for options until next script? These days doctors don't prescribe oxy unless they absolutely have to in the US. Lesser drugs like hydrocodone and codeine are almost as difficult to get as well unfortunately.

if you're 4th day in wds you are almost home free!

I always have to mention kratom to people in your situation, if you haven't heard of it. That's one thing which is conveniently available in the US compared to other countries.

Another option is to get on suboxone, which is very easy to get here.

believe me its the real thing----I have been through wds 5 times when my refills ran out--I was able to see 5 drs in the UK b/c the pharmacies don't share info. Truly I was at a very high dose - I just never went past 4 days w/o. I started in the US and 3 yrs later - I was taking them in the UK. |I had to go to London by train twice a week to get my rxs. This past year 3 drs dropped me- one found out I was getting it from another dr--the others didn't feel comfortable prescribing it anymore. It's amazing if this wasn't oxy for 12 years that I am going through HELL wds--I had tapered down to 300 mgs--my son took control of them. I just wish I had some kind of timeline of when I will feel a bit better.

They don't have Kratom in the UK--where would I get it. I have real pain issues though--ankylosing spondylitis-psoriatic arthritis. chiari malformation--so nobody takes or has taken as high amounts of oxy? I expect my bones are made of it

This past year 3 drs dropped me- one found out I was getting it from another dr--the others didn't feel comfortable prescribing it anymore.
yes, this is going to be your experience in the US no matter where you go

We can empathize with your situation if any place can, most of us have lived this hell or are still in it.

I see 2 options right now which you could do today:
1. Go to a suboxone clinic and get on bupe (in your situation, I recommend this)
2. Maybe try out kratom and see what it does for you

both of these are not going to replace oxy for you, but each will mitigate withdrawals to a certain degree

if you are having big physical issues (bowels for example) get some loperamide as well, it's over the counter at any drug store.

@juler my honest advice in your situation is to go to a suboxone clinic if the withdrawals cannot be tolerated

they are everywhere in the US and always taking new patients

US has very very easy access to suboxone

other OUD treatments like methadone are difficult to find these days in the US

Just know oxycodone in the US is a whole different ball game, I have a strong suspicion you may not be getting any oxy when you go in to see the doc. If they have even an inkling your an addict, your screwed.

-GC
@juler my honest advice in your situation is to go to a suboxone clinic if the withdrawals cannot be tolerated

they are everywhere in the US and always taking new patients

US has very very easy access to suboxone

other OUD treatments like methadone are difficult to find these days in the US
I just don't know what to do--the usage started during my divorce -and since I had the legit pain---it was pretty easy in Colorado--(hate that state now) When I went to Brooklyn in 2015 I went into the hospital--I did get methadone - not a lot- then when we went back to the UK I found an oxy hidden in my purse----then all over again--I really can't move much now-cant imagine leaving the bedroom and bathroom --also I assume suboxone clinic aren't free--I don't have insurance yet--I do have a dr who said she would see me next week when the insurance goes through -I probably want oxy---my son said he won't let them prescribe it--I don't know what to do as he will come with me--I will have no choice. |believe me..

I just don't know what to do--the usage started during my divorce -and since I had the legit pain---it was pretty easy in Colorado--(hate that state now) When I went to Brooklyn in 2015 I went into the hospital--I did get methadone - not a lot- then when we went back to the UK I found an oxy hidden in my purse----then all over again--I really can't move much now-cant imagine leaving the bedroom and bathroom --also I assume suboxone clinic aren't free--I don't have insurance yet--I do have a dr who said she would see me next week when the insurance goes through -I probably want oxy---my son said he won't let them prescribe it--I don't know what to do as he will come with me--I will have no choice. |believe me..
No, they aren't free, most require insurance but might take self pay without insurance... but the price tag on that would probably give a heart attack (welcome to the US healthcare system)

to me it sounds like you are ready to make some changes

I know you want oxy. But what do you really want? To feel normal? The opioid circus wheel is never going to stop. The only way to feel normal again is getting off them.

What are you really asking here?

I certainly do not want you to go to street dealers to buy dope that is 100% fentanyl and is a much shittier high than oxy (and even if you did, we can't help you with that, against rules). Even the street heroin isn't heroin anymore in the US. I'm not even joking either, it's all fentanyl.

I would never go to the streets now. I went with my Boyfriend in NYC and I did Heroin twice--lots of coke too but i was 18--ended up in rehab for 8 months where i met my fantastic ex husband - 20 yrs and 5 kids later--I had to leave him - he did not work he did get clean- I stayed clean until the oxy--It took him a few years in the beginning. But now-no I would never go to the streets

@juler may I ask have you ever been to rehab? therapy?

You're already 4 days into wds, you are over the worst. You can go so many places from here.

Where do you want to go? Back to pills or back to normalcy?

it sounds like your son is on your side and might be a huge boon in your situation

I noticed your other post, were you really taking 1500mg of oxy per day? That may be the highest number I've ever heard, I guess oxycodone LD50 is fairly lenient compared to other opioids. You must have had one hell of a massive tolerance!

also G_Chem is right, it's not easy to get oxy in the US anymore, if anything its very difficult neigh impossible.

Have you been to a pain management doc yet?

what is your goal here? what is your endgame?

Are you trying to get off them? Or are you looking for options until next script? These days doctors don't prescribe oxy unless they absolutely have to in the US. Lesser drugs like hydrocodone and codeine are almost as difficult to get as well unfortunately.

if you're 4th day in wds you are almost home free!

I always have to mention kratom to people in your situation, if you haven't heard of it. That's one thing which is conveniently available in the US compared to other countries.

Another option is to get on suboxone, which is very easy to get here.
Bro, why do u think they took off the 160mg from.the market. 200-300mg without any BENZOS can kill a reg person

My kids are very much--the ones who know......My daughter had a full-blown alcohol problem-my only daughter--it took her 10 years to finally get clean -she was 16 when she started. She now has been clean for 2 yrs--she was my 2nd child--I was so worried about her that we moved from TX where I worked for United airlines for many years
to CO and I commuted but that didn't work for her. Now though she runs a halfway house for women and is doing so well--she told my youngest who lives with me that I could easily overdose. I don't think so , but my son does and he adores me---I just want to feel better

Bro, why do u think they took off the 160mg from.the market. 200-300mg without any BENZOS can kill a reg person
I've taken xanax and valium every day for over10 years and yes one more time I was down to 300 mgs of oxycodone modified release before this wd--But I was up to 20- 25 60 mgs of Oxycodone modified release for about 3 years until I went into wds again and when | was able to get my refill 2 days later-- I started off slow and stayed down and my son controlled most of my meds--only allowing 6 60's a day from him-I did have another dr he did not know about so it was more like 8-10. Believe I have no reason to lie, and the medicine is identical to what I got in the states. Unfortunately I have a high tolerance -I didn't just jump up to 1500 mgs--it took years---I was just looking for some help, as since I have taken so much I am afraid my wds will last longer.

I did go to a pain clinic in CO 9 years ago--they prescribed the fentanyl patch and a few oxys for breakthrough pain----the fentanyl did NOTHING for me. Istarted out with the one patch-nothing a few days later 2 patches -nothing-then I put all 4 on and still felt slight wds. I didn't even pick up the refill--but of course the oxys were gone quick--I think everyone is different, I am not sure fentanyl would do much for me. It didn't from the pain clinic.

they had 160mg???

I remember 80mg was everywhere 10-15 years ago, I've never seen pill with more than that in my life, I thought 80mg was the max

I was thinking the same thing, I have never heard of anyone taking more than 300-400mg per day, I thought of death at first, but then I looked at the LD50 of oxy and it's actually quite high... about 100mg/kg in mice... which blew my mind... but humans are always different. I can't imagine someone being functional on anything above 500mg/day