• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Withdrawals

I believe you truly need suboxone at a minimum, I just don't have an answer for you to get it without insurance or money. I've been in that same spot myself for a long time. The hidden poverty of America.

they had 160mg???

I remember 80mg was everywhere 10-15 years ago, I've never seen pill with more than that in my life, I thought 80mg was the max

I was thinking the same thing, I have never heard of anyone taking more than 300-400mg per day, I thought of death at first, but then I looked at the LD50 of oxy and it's actually quite high... about 100mg/kg in mice... which blew my mind... but humans are always different. I can't imagine someone being functional on anything above 500mg/day
Bro, if u can look up pre 2001 I think 160mg big blue pills and those shit killed alot of ppl.

My dad was at one time prescribed 2x 160mg oxycodone and 4x 100mg Morphine sulfates a day.. America has certainly changed its prescribing practices. I wish I had known their true worth cuz I practically gave away his leftovers.

-GC

just took another nap --wish I could sleep through the w/ds.

I am suffering from wds-yes I have taken them for 12 years --\I just moved back to the US from the UK and in the UK -pharmacies don't share info--so I had 5 drs and took up to 20-24 60 mgs daily for a few years --then my son took them from me and gave me only 6 60's daily. I was still taking about 8-10 b/c he didn't know about one of my drs. Then I moved here and had tapered down but not enough obviously.--I am going on to my 4th day of wds, and I found a dr who will see me next week--they helped me with the insurance-that was the big problem--this is the 6th time I have been on wds been to the hospital once in Brooklyn when I was visiting my Dad, but the other times I always got my refills after 3-4 days--I don't know what to expect now--I just want to stay asleep all day but can't of course. Also my son who lives with me said I cannot get anymore and is going to the dr with me--I can't go through this hell anymore and you know if its been 12 years at high high mounts--I will suffer more than a week--Help
Are you currently in Brooklyn?
I’m assuming you would have thought of this had you been able to - do a telesoc visit and have your doc renew scripts & send 1 here and maybe DHL the others?
I will tell you one thing- you are not going to get ANY oxy’s out of docs here. They will most likely either refer you to a pain mgmt center ( start a medical history from beginning which is way too much for you to do) and even then they will most likely only give you the least amount possible ( new FDA regs).

Your son is thinking ahead for you here, he is trying to taper your use ahead of time because he knows how difficult it is to get off these. Due to the amount you’ve taken for so long, your tolerance must be sky high ( no pun intended here ), you might not be at risk for an OD , but as a city Medical Examiner I can tell you - your internal organs can only take so much toxic abuse before they give up one by one on you, that fact- most times will lead to death, when overdose is ruled out. It’s called “acute toxicity”.

It’s time to bust a move here. You cannot sustain that use here in New York City. Every doc in the city is under mandatory regulations set forth by a regulatory agency set to prevent opioid abuse. Your 4 days ahead; I know how bad it is , but persevere , and supplement with subs. If you do not do it now, your going to be in this predicament more often than not.

Good luck!

@juler may I ask have you ever been to rehab? therapy?

You're already 4 days into wds, you are over the worst. You can go so many places from here.

Where do you want to go? Back to pills or back to normalcy?

it sounds like your son is on your side and might be a huge boon in your situation
I wish I could say I feel better but I still can't stop sweating and freezing and bathroom issues--maybe I'm a little better--I'm just afraid that I've taken it so long and so much that it will take weeks--I can't do that--you really think it will start getting better soon?

You're in for a treat my man, without loperamide,lyrica/gabapentin or clonazepam ure gonna have a really good time(not), I recommend u not to do it without these lol.

Are you currently in Brooklyn?
I’m assuming you would have thought of this had you been able to - do a telesoc visit and have your doc renew scripts & send 1 here and maybe DHL the others?
I will tell you one thing- you are not going to get ANY oxy’s out of docs here. They will most likely either refer you to a pain mgmt center ( start a medical history from beginning which is way too much for you to do) and even then they will most likely only give you the least amount possible ( new FDA regs).

Your son is thinking ahead for you here, he is trying to taper your use ahead of time because he knows how difficult it is to get off these. Due to the amount you’ve taken for so long, your tolerance must be sky high ( no pun intended here ), you might not be at risk for an OD , but as a city Medical Examiner I can tell you - your internal organs can only take so much toxic abuse before they give up one by one on you, that fact- most times will lead to death, when overdose is ruled out. It’s called “acute toxicity”.

It’s time to bust a move here. You cannot sustain that use here in New York City. Every doc in the city is under mandatory regulations set forth by a regulatory agency set to prevent opioid abuse. Your 4 days ahead; I know how bad it is , but persevere , and supplement with subs. If you do not do it now, your going to be in this predicament more often than not.

Good luck!
Thank you for the info--I know my organs are probably being damaged--I did have a gastroscopy and 2 colonoscopies last month-(the first didn't take--I guess the prep wasn't strong enough--myself being so constipated--they had to reschedule --I had the usual precancerous polyps -three sessile polyps also. I haven't had an MRI recently but I did have a cat scan and it was ok . The gastroscopy was pretty good. I did have hep C probably from my late teens--did treatment in 2004 and have been clean - its been 7 years though since my last test. I have wonderful children and they are the only thing keeping me going. I have had a hellish life -multiple rapes-leading to panic attacks leading to alcoholism all by 19. I had just finished college --I went early.-then all that happened--My Dad put me in rehab and 8 months later, I was clean until the oxy in 2010-never slipped until then--I was going through a divorce from my ex whom I met in rehab. I just didn't care about anything--I had to leave him, he was getting abusive and he NEVER worked. I worked for United airlines for many years--That's why I'm in Boston, they are hiring here and my son wants to work there. My dad's in Brooklyn--I have to visit him soon. It was going to be next week -I don't think I'll be better--will it take much longer, its been 4.5 days

Just know oxycodone in the US is a whole different ball game, I have a strong suspicion you may not be getting any oxy when you go in to see the doc. If they have even an inkling your an addict, your screwed.

-GC
Truer words have not been spoken. It is a literal opiate/opioid desert. Its completely turned on its head and fucked up. You break a bone, take some tylenol! Root canal? Tylenol! bone marrow biopsy? Tylenol! But that is when I lost my shit and told the doctor tylenol was not going to cut it. He was the doc who did the biopsy and even he can't prescribe pain meds. I had to call my oncologist to get a small amount of percs. Its just inhumane.

I’m so sorry for all you have been thru. You do have legitimate pains- not to mention the real life traumas which hurt every bit as bad. I do not doubt ( or judge ) your trauma one bit, I’m just very familiar with how increasingly difficult Brooklyn has become. We share a few life traumas, which also means we both have a higher tolerance for substance dependence. I am sure your son is looking out for your health in the best way he knows how too, unfortunately right now it doesn’t vibe with your immediate comfort & well-being . Life is constantly a complicated journey, sometimes we do receive some grace by the redeeming value of seeing how our children care for us.

Having to fulfill this level of sustenance is going to be a really difficult task. The street value of even half the amount your seeking is the price of a hefty mortgage. Subs are easier to come by, and you will have access to Kratom here which would def ease your immediate discomfort. WD is often worse the first few days ( cases I’ve seen where day 7 was the worst), but I bet that seems like an astronomical amount of time. It’s not even a guarantee because you will not feel like your old self for a bit longer. This is serious discomfort for you, and since you have legitimate reasons - you may need to get to a pain mgmt facility asap. Either way- based on ur insurance you may need a referral first so keep that doc appt! be easy on yourself this process is beyond your control at the moment & GL. If I think of something I will check back in.

@G_Chem bro ily, even tho we haven't spoke so much but still have a lot of respect 4 u and this whisky goes 4 you haha salute m8.

@G_Chem bro ily, even tho we haven't spoke so much but still have a lot of respect 4 u and this whisky goes 4 you haha salute m8.

I’m a keep-to-myself kinda guy so I don’t often speak much to anyone but it’s much appreciated man :) Back at ya brotha, enjoy that whiskey!!

-GC

poppy pods are a godsend…if you can’t get your scripts maybe order a lb and give ‘em a try…other then that methadon or suboxone…but I always relapsed to heroin on those pharma maintenance drugs, I’m defatting a lb of pods right now, tomorrow I’ll have some nice poppy pod extract

Truer words have not been spoken. It is a literal opiate/opioid desert. Its completely turned on its head and fucked up. You break a bone, take some tylenol! Root canal? Tylenol! bone marrow biopsy? Tylenol! But that is when I lost my shit and told the doctor tylenol was not going to cut it. He was the doc who did the biopsy and even he can't prescribe pain meds. I had to call my oncologist to get a small amount of percs. Its just inhumane.
I guess I didn't look like an addict when I got the oxys and the appts were pretty pricey. Many drs I went to see would not give me anything in the UK if you break a leg or are in a horrible car accident--paracetamol--that's it--its their version of tylenol.

I’m a keep-to-myself kinda guy so I don’t often speak much to anyone but it’s much appreciated man :) Back at ya brotha, enjoy that whiskey!!

-GC
Hahaha, ikik I've noticed nevertheless YOURE A FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE about pharmacology and the kinda lifestyle that goes with it. And I respect that a lot. Haha cheers man :) (my heads killing me btw) waiting on my morphine ouch.✌☺

info for me? Yes I did IV drugs back in the day a lot but only for 4 months- then rehab- stayed clean till 2010-you know the rest