• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OTC Loperamide for Withdrawal... Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my 3rd withdrawal attempt cold turkey btw so this needs to be the charm...

Its 11:31 within 3 hours of taking them I only had mild RLS....I took a few more an hour ago and I feel nothing. I'm tired. Not sweating. Nothing. This is amazing. I feel really ignorant for not trying this a long time ago.

Another person I live with was taking 30mg of hydrocodone and was abusing it and then went back to IV use of morphine. When he ran out of a source for more opiates he turned desperate and tried the loperamide route. This is what I observed very close as I stayed with him and I myself just likes to drink vodka.
1. Do not drink alcohol while on lope. My friend got very sick.
2. He never took a huge dose, because of a lot of comments out there about never crapping again. True or Not true I do not want to speculate. Any addict knows not taking opiates in acute withdrawal gets you running, pardon the pun to the bathroom.
3. Dosage went 2mg every hour for ten hours and at the end he said he felt better and kinda heady feeling, but also said that it wasn't a super feeling of wellness. But, he said it was much better than the acute withdrawal he had been experiencing.
My conclusion is everyone is different and part of the euphoric feeling opiates deliver does include the same feelings that lope. delivers. I wouldn't just go right to the highest dose of anything as you never know what will happen. Besides the idea I was under was to be as comfortable without overdoing which I understand is the biggest problem for addicts. Over indulgence.
I hope this helped.
PLUR

Last edited:
I wanted to post to get some insight from ppl that have used lope for methdn wd, some background on me ive been an opiate addict for 10+ years, staying clean for maybe a few months here and there when im in jail or just released, a few yrs bak i was taking subs for about 2 yrs strait, tapered down to 1mg/day tried to jump, a junkie came around day3 with bags and i relapsed hard from shooting 2bags that first day to over 50/day in a week, 1 1/2 months later and 5grand + in my veins i decided to go on mdone, quickly got up to 160mg/day and over the past yr down to 103mg/day, i lost my insurance and was paying over 120$ cash a week to dose which i can no longer do, took my last dose thurs morning and have been getting throu with lope, about 80mg 1st day, around the same the 2nd, 76 the 3rd, can someone try to help me out with how long i should take it or a reasonable taper

Hello everyone. I quit Tram 7 days ago and still having acute WD symptoms (ofcourse milder than first days) but still unable to do anything just staying in bed and going to the bathroom alot. I just discovered Loperamide now, how it helps with diarrhea and generally. My question is does it just prolong the WD (hide it/mask it) or does it not affect the WD period ?

Anyone who is taking Lope's for withdrawal, once it's in your system for a couple of hours, turn on your fan and blow air all over your face and body while laying down in your bed. You'll definitely feel a good relief from withdrawals lol.

I have a question for all the guys that have a positive experience with loperamide(help w their WDs)-how bad is the constipation afterwards?

As an opiate addict,ive always had constipation problems,and when i used Immodium in past WDs(for diarrea only,i didnt know it could help with anything else back then),a couple of pills were enough to stop the runs.

Several ppl here advocate taking 10-15+ pills to alleviate WDs-are they able to shit even days after they do this,or an enema is essential?

I took six imodium about 3 hours ago, and now I've got severe stomach cramps. I feel like I'm giving birth. How do you people do it with 20+ tablets at once? Doesn't it shred your stomach ? Maybe all those pomegranate arils I ate aren't helping?

I usually wait until wds hit moderately & my bowels have emptied at least once or twice, then dose up on lope. The cramps aren't so bad then, & I don't feel the need to dose highly like some ppl, 4-6mg usually holds me. Actually I haven't tried to go higher,- mebbe I should try it, I might like it :)

Rtp

So people do get cramps? It's not just me? Bc I saw no mention.
That's a great idea about waiting until WD where you're empty. But, I've never had D with WD. I think it has something to do with codeine CWE . Lol I'm actually far more constipated in WD than on meds.
So yeah I can get codeine but was wondering if alternating w lope or switching might be better. Lope lasts way longer, and no anxiety like I have from all the caffeine in the T1 w codeine.

As a former addict who chased the immodium dragon for about a year, I have a few things I wanna say:

1. Lope cures 95% of withdrawals at doses of 14 - 20mg, so higher doses are just foolishness (I took WAY higher doses)
2. Lope leads to physical addiction and suboxone-style withdrawals upon cessation from doses of 30mg+ continuously
3. Jumping from 250mg of lope a day was the worst withdrawal of my life, and I've had plenty of withdrawals
4. Lope fucks with your ability to orgasm / sexual drive more than any other ope I know
5. Lope becomes progressively more mood lifting with continued (not daily) use for a few weeks, but then it follows the standard tolerance/loss of effects pattern

There, I'm done.

As a former addict who chased the immodium dragon for about a year, I have a few things I wanna say:

1. Lope cures 95% of withdrawals at doses of 14 - 20mg, so higher doses are just foolishness (I took WAY higher doses)
2. Lope leads to physical addiction and suboxone-style withdrawals upon cessation from doses of 30mg+ continuously
3. Jumping from 250mg of lope a day was the worst withdrawal of my life, and I've had plenty of withdrawals
4. Lope fucks with your ability to orgasm / sexual drive more than any other ope I know
5. Lope becomes progressively more mood lifting with continued (not daily) use for a few weeks, but then it follows the standard tolerance/loss of effects pattern

There, I'm done.

Really good info, had never heard before. But it can work!

there is a mega thread on here about lope. I posted my experience just recently.
short version; works wonders. First day 48 mg down to 16 mg now. Do a search if you want to read my experience.

For several years I took a stack of 64mg loperamide, 800mg of gabapentin, and 60mg of dexlansoprazole (Dexilant) for PGP inhibition, and those three medications together honestly made me feel quite chill for a minimum of 12-16 hours...I dosed myself every 12 hours though. As of about two weeks ago though I started on Suboxone though and even though I'm prescribed 24mg (three 8mg/2mg films) I'm only taking about 3mg or so daily - 1mg every 8 hours. Once I become fully acclimated to this dosage though I'll switch over to just taking one half of a strip (4mg) once a day and hold at that level for a few months or so.

Having to tell my therapist about my loperamide dependence has been one of the most horrific conversations I've had in many, many years. The therapist wanted me to take a blood test to check my N-desmethylloperamide range to see how much of it I was still taking, even though I explicitly told her that I was taking none now that I'm on Suboxone along with the fact that she already knows that buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than loperamide does. The test out of pocket is supposed to cost well over $1,000 but my insurance would cover it. In more words or less I pretty much told her that my buprenorphine doctor was handling all of my medical needs and that she was more than free to contact him and consult him about my past drug history, but as things stand now I feel like I'm being judged even harsher than someone who came from IV heroin abuse.

Ok... signed up because I have to tell you my experience. 8 years on steady daily 30-40 hydrocodone . Finally quiet. Not by choice. Lol. This my 5th attempt . First time trying lope. For me it actually worked. Knocked 99% of withdrawals. Took 96mg on empty stomach .Took 4 hours to kick in and I was normal. Only side effects were extreme fatigue after the first hour. And stoned out of my brains pin eyed look after the 2 to 3rd hour with a groggy voice..lolol. but in about 4 hours... everything went away and felt normal. So good experience for me.

First time posting.. (Hydro/Oxy being my DOC) So, today was day 3 of WD's, I've been using on & off for about 4 years now & due to the fact that I no longer have health insurance & can't afford the habit, I'm trying to quit completely, despite my love for it. Lol.. Anyway, I took 10MG of Lope & most, if not all of my symptoms are now gone.. But now I'm worried about prolonging the WD process? Should I continue dosing with Lope for a couple days, or...? Help, please!

Last edited:
Guys i must say, i'm feeling better.. I took 24mg, split the pills up and took them with water, then took a hot shower.(while sitting down cursing myself why i even started doing oxys again) about 20mins later i get out of the ahower and sit naked with my heater facing my back. (I'm in a cabin in the woods).
I go thru my stuff and did everything i could to help the lopermide out, so i sucked a few straws where i crushed some pills in, got a good mouthfull of powder, picked the carpet found a spec of pink oxy10,took it wouthout shame,.. And rinsed n swallowed a pillbottle that i had the oxys in..
After typing all that i am laying in my bed, and suprisgnly i'm not feeling bad anymore,(not feeling i'd say damn good) i feel good. Now after typing that want to say yes i do reccomend this to folks.

Lope doesn't seem to cut it for me but I have to be screwing up dosage wise as I've seen hard core users get relief. I take 8 x 2, 16mg total . Did nothing really.

If like to try a multi prong approach. I use OTC t1 CWE and kratom as well as Ativan and gravol as needed. I have hydroxyxine / Benedryl but they exacerbate the RLS .

I would like to take the minimum dose possible for moderate 8-12h relief. My darling unicorn's situation is 160mg oxy or 48-60mg dilly. Please advise.

PS is a runny nose common for WD? Wondering if it's a cold or WD. Usually get the yawning/watery eyes/ anxiety followed by RLS , fever & chills, and the sweats, with nausea. Don't recall a runny nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.