• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OTC Loperamide for Withdrawal... Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, loperamide is not able to get through the Blood brain barrier, because it's pumped back by P-glycoproteins

That doesnt really make sense....it DOES pass through the BBB but as you later say it is pumped back out by pgp. This is why people take pgp and cyp450 inhibitors to keep it the right side of the BBB and obtain CNS (rather than just peripheral gut) effects....or they just take huge doses to overpower pgp.....

Still won't help with k-pin withdrawls though....

That doesnt really make sense....it DOES pass through the BBB but as you later say it is pumped back out by pgp. This is why people take pgp and cyp450 inhibitors to keep it the right side of the BBB and obtain CNS (rather than just peripheral gut) effects....or they just take huge doses to overpower pgp.....

Still won't help with k-pin withdrawls though....

Yeah, you're right, doesn't make sense how I wrote it.

This is a horrible, horrible idea and would totally not do ANY good for human kind. The best option would be to eradicate all opiates/opium/poppy plants and make it extinct and shift to more natural ways to deal with physical pain, or alternatives (marijuana for one is making itself more mainstream known, Gabapentin/Pregabalin are both also strong competitors) not to mention the myriad natural/homeopathic ways to heal (yoga, physical rehab, acupuncture, natural herbs, vitamins & supplements, massages etc)

Opiates should only be used in hospital settings and not distributed like candy to anyone who feels a wee bit of pain and then you have these "Pain Management Doctors" who are just opiate drug dealers... No. Opiates are a wretched wretched thing. Oh but I love/hate them so... humans.. we are but contradictions of ourselves, thus why we die.

I was reading through this older post and it made me want to share my thoughts. For what it is worth (probably not much), I think that many people unfortunately share this opinion but I would say that the main issue is not with the opioids but with the doctors who prescribe them so freely. A bigger problem than the trade/use illegal of opioids, though I appreciate that this is a very subjective view.

We need opiates to make all sorts of otherwise unbearable pain manageable and there are farmers which rely on the legal production of poppies for their family's livelihoods. Until we have an alternative that is as effective - no offence intended but gabapentin or massages might help with with anxiety and stress but are not suitable for numbing the kind of pain associated with suffering serious injuries. Morphine and other opiates are the only viable option for now.

Not that I think that all opioids should be freely available OTC as the originally quoted post suggested; we need tighter prescription controls that we currently have (esp. in the US). But eradicating all poppies/opiates is not the answer until there is some viable alternative.

Think about it, realistically I don't think there is any chance that we could eradicate opiates entirely - Like with all things that make us feel good and forget our problems, people will always find a way to get hold of them. Even if it is no longer through a doctor's prescription.

Sorry for going off on a bit of a rant which is not completely related to the original thread; but opioids are, on feel, completely necessary - even if they are a necessary evil. I admit to not being as well informed as I should be about this issue so please respond if you disagree as I would be interested to hear the other side of the argument.

This post probably does belong in some other thread - I went off on a bit of a tangent. Sorry -- I'm new to this

Hello all,

Day 2 trying this lope thing. Was feeling pretty crappy all day yesterday (RLS, depression, sweats, aches, all of it) ran up to the store and bought a 96 count of lope, chewed up 16 the second I sat in my car. After about an hour I had my first good feeling rush over me (not high, just not shitty anymore which causes it own euphoria lol) after a few minutes it went away and I felt terrible again. This happened a few more times, feeling better, feeling worse ect.... It wasn't until about 4hrs in that I finally felt better consistently. Not 100% better but probably 70% better, still have some less noticeable but no doubt still there withdrawl symptoms. I was able to get a full nights sleep which never happens when WD's are visiting and I woke up not feeling great but far better than I was expecting. Just took 16 more and i'm now waiting to see how it will work today.

Well it's no joke, it definitely works. I still feel a bit lethargic and my mind is still reminding me that I should be chewing up a handful of Percocet right now but it's not nearly as bad as without the lope. I will recommend this to any of my opi friends now. I managed to push mow my whole lawn (3/4 of an acre) and do some other things around the house that will make wifey happy on Mothers Day. Also spent an hour helping my daughter practice for softball. All of this would have been impossible under full withdrawl conditions. It's day 3 for me now and I should be writhing in pain on the floor but i'm not :) thanks to lope. I've stalked this site for years just reading everyones comments but it feels so much better to actually share experiences with others. I'm a married father of 2 and work full time in a very demanding job both physically and mentally so there was never a good time to withdrawl. I have a good feeling about it this time because of the lope. Thanks to everyone who shares and gives addicts like me some hope for better days. Happy Mothers Day to all the BL moms.

I'm about to try this myself for the first time with no other comfort meds. I'm sick, and going to walk 2 miles to return a dollar in cans to get a 16 pack of lope at the dollar store. The joys of the day before payday.... I'll update in a few hours once it kicks in.

It works, but it isn't a panacea as mentioned before. I feel like it is barely "holding me" and it is almost uncomfortable feeling in that regard. It dries up the watery eyes along with everything else, so I'm drinking a lot of water to counteract that. I took 24mg and we'll see if this lasts all day.

How did it go Nether? I plan on trying this method this week to help me kick H, I also have some Kratom ready to go as well. But I'm nervous as hell. Hope your feeling better and still clean!

I used to use pretty low doses to manage wd (8-10mg). Maybe I'm one of the few who are very sensitive to loperamide, but I definitely felt that amount. It relieved wd and gave me a heavy/fuzzy "buzz" (not enjoyable at all). I felt really weak and out of it while on it, which was only a few days btw, until I felt like I nearly had a fainting spell and stopped taking the stuff completely and switched to PST for a while. I was also on antibiotics at the time so maybe that had something to do with it, but it was scary. I've always had a very healthy heart too so preexisting conditions are not to blame.

What were you taking when you used it for withdrawals.

Do you think it will work well for .5 g of H habit?

I was using a variety of opiates but mainly kratom extract, codeine (in the form of lean so idk exact dosages), and poppy seed tea. Unfortunately I have no idea what the equivalent heroin tolerance would be. I did use heroin a few times and used around .25g of good stuff and it got me up there so I'm guessing my tolerance was fairly low. It also only took me like 20mg hydrocodone to mostly alleviate my wds. Kratom always worked really well for me though (regular kratom not extracts, which always made wd way worse long term) and honestly I'd see if you can get by with just kratom before using lope, kratom is so much better in every way, much safer, more effective ime, and a lot more pleasant to boot. Kratom always helped me with the mental aspects of withdrawal, lope only helped with the physical symptoms.

Do you think it will still work for H without the gabapentin? I have Kratom and clonzepam. But no gabapentin.

Well it'll definitely help, idk if it would take care of it completely, but kratom+benzos+weed has always been my go-to for wds (never tried gaba) and it's always managed to reduce them to a very manageable level if not alleviating them entirely. There might still be some withdrawal after discontinuing the kratom but in my experience it's really mild and manageable with non-opioid comfort meds. That's another thing about lope, I tried to do a mini-taper with it, but I found that I ended up quickly developing a tolerance to that too and I think in the end it may have just added to my wd. I was wding from a bunch of different opiates though so I can't say for sure.

When I finally ended up detoxing for good (knock on wood) I was actually on hydrocodone for a week or so, between 15 and 30mg but usually 20 and I ended up CTing from that with just weed to get me through and even though I was also still in mild wd from the poppy seed tea it was surprisingly easy, probably the easiest wd I've had that wasn't aided by kratom, so if you have access to hydrocodone it might be a good taper drug if kratom doesn't cut it.

Good luck!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN START LOPES. I'VE HAD 2 VERY VERY SCARY SITUATIONS WHERE BOTH TIME I PASSOUT WAKING UP AND CAN'T BREATH THOUGHT I WAS DYING. WENT TO THE HOSPITAL THE FIRST TIME WAS THERE FOR 2 DAYS WITH THEM RUNNING EVERY TEST THEY COULD ON ME. IT HAS MADE MY HEARTBEAT IRREGULAR AND IT HAPPENS TO ME YESTERDAY AND IT SEEMED TO BE A LITTLE WORST THAN THE LAST TIME. I'm telling you guys it is not worth it. I've done every drug under the sun and nothing has ever done what these little things have done. The W/D that comes from these things is just as bad if not worst. I told my wife yesterday what was up and I felt like a complete idiot. But she needs to know so if this happens again she is prepared. So anyone that wants to start lopes I beg of you to stop and don't even do it once. Please please please please

Does anyone know how much imodium to take to get similar affects as 30mg of, for example, hydrocodone?

No amount of immodium will give you such effects, taking high doses can be very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.