• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

organ donation (do it!)

did this a coupla years ago.

Good job Barney, people need to be reminded. WTF do you need your parts for when you're dead! ? Help someone out instead.

(hmm, nice advertising slogan)

I am signed up as an organ donor.

I like it because I figure if there is an afterlife, by signing away my organs to help someone else - potentially SAVING LIVES - I think of it like a free-entry pass to heaven/valhalla/paradise etc etc.

I do not like it because the idea of being harvested freaks me out.

^^ Love that slogan SLM :)

I'm registered as an organ (and blood, and bone marrow) donor. If there is any part of me that is worth keeping after I'm done thrashing it, anyone who needs it is welcome to it. =D

With the exception of medical science. I've heard some of the stories of what med-students get up to with the cadavers. I'll think I'll keep the scientific experiments to consentual recreation thanks. ;)

There is some good discussion about being organ donor, and peoples feelings about it Here.

I've heard that even if you list that you want your organs donated on your licence your family can still say no after you die. I think that's fucked...

When I die they can take anything I haven't destroyed...

Yeah i think the family have the right to say you cant use the body for organ donation after you die, and can supersede your authority on the matter (you being dead n all). I can understand why you would want to do that, especially if a family is religous.

lostpunk5545 said:
I've heard that even if you list that you want your organs donated on your licence your family can still say no after you die. I think that's fucked...

Which is why it's just as important to discuss your wishes with your family as it is to register. You can only imagine the stress a family is under when a loved one is on life support; if they didn't know how much you really wanted to donate (ie. didn't hear it from you personally) I imagine it would be much harder to give permission.

lostpunk5545 said:

^^ I meant to say something about the family thing.

From what I understand, your family can overrule your decision, but they can also make sure you organs do get used if you want them to, in case you don't have your organ doner ID on you, or the paperwork isn't up to date.

So if you want to donate your organs, make sure you discuss it with your next of kin, so if your ever in a position to be a donor (ie dead), they will know your wishes, and the reasons behind it.

*edit* Damn beaten to it.

My kin all know my wishes. They pretty much all feel the same about their bodies anyways.

Lok1 I think that is absolutely ridiculous that a family would overturn someone's wishes on religious grounds. I would wish bad things on them :)

lostpunk5545 said:
Lok1 I think that is absolutely ridiculous that a family would overturn someone's wishes on religious grounds. I would wish bad things on them :)

HAHAHA
i know, i was trying to think of reasons why a family would overrule your decision to donate organs... religion is the only one that came to mind
then again im not in a thinking mood (suprising that, today being my 2nd day back at tafe n all)

I could imagine why. Your beautiful son/daughter has just been in a horrific car crash and you've only just been told the news that he/she is going to die, and they have less than 2 hours to harvest the organs after life support is turned off. It's going to be a hard thing to take in. You are probably still wishing for a miracle.... and still seeing your baby as a whole being, still attached to their human form. I can see how it would be hard; you are clearly not going to be in a calm, reflective mood.

Still, if a parent KNEW - through an intimate conversation - that their offspring was ADAMANT about organ donation, this decision would not be a problem. They could comfort themselves with knowing they had spoken to you personally and it was what you wanted. A lot of parents are suspicious of the internet, and 'signing up' for things.... you want to make damn sure that they know your wishes. Don't just assume they do. :\

there's another thread on organ donation yo. i'm gonna make like, um, a merging device, and merge them. totally.

^You Should Even Merge You Name! Fantasic Furniture Four!

You are so the king of merging.

Nothin' much to say except
it's just amazin' to put yourself
on a bone marrow donor list.

As I said, my brain's 'heading' off
to a Steve Martin sequel,
but the rest is so up for grabs.
Heads up.

Seriouswise,
Pops you rule,
are incredibly selfless & kind,
and that shit hurts.
It's not like they wait til ya dead.
They stick mad bigarsed needles in you.
(Not to scare you away... I'm sure you know the tech..:))
My uncle is a bone marrow donor,
an' he donates, like, on a semi-regular basis.
You are both champs,
and anyone else who does it.
I'm too much of a pussy, I suck.
But that's the coolest shit.
Way to rock.

PEACE
UnS
:)

mod request

onetwothreefour, if you're going to merge threads I was wondering if you could put the web addresses to register into the first post on page 1?
It would save people trawling through pages of discussion.
My thread wasn't designed to be a discussion, but simply a means to register.

cheers:)

^^^ no worries. since it has to be, effectively, a 'discussion' forum here, the issue has to be open to discussion. but your point is valid, will do :)

thanks. Understand a discussion is going to follow no matter what. It's just a good way to start it.

shiny happy doof doof etc etc =D

I'll never be donating my organs, I want to die with my body intact in the hope that one day the dead will rise again!
hahahahahaha! =D

^^ What, are you planning on being cryogenically frozen or something like that?

I'm listed on my license as a donor for everything and just registered when they sent the letters out a few weeks ago. Just reading the early part of this thread, I noticed a lot of people said they didn't want to donate their eyes. I thought I'd mention that they don't take the whole eye, just the corneas. Would this make a difference to any of you?

I'm happy to donate everything. I hope it's all usable when the time comes :)

i'm a selfish cow. I don't want to donate my organs.

What worries me is that I have absolutely no say in the person that receives my organs. I am completely aware that I could be denying someone worthy of help. But I could also be giving a pedophile a fresh heart to molest more children with.

I wouldn't want that.

Besides, by the time I die, no one will want my organs anyway.:\