Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

organ donation (do it!)

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Would you donate an organ??

[edit: just throwing this in here so that the first post can be used as reference now. EVERYBODY SHOULD DONATE (unless you're a cunt).

thanks barney gumnut - 1234 :)
]

Originally posted by Barney Gumnut
HI all

If you're keen on becoming an organ donor there's an Australian Government registry I've just discovered where you can enlist online. All you need in your Medicare card.

For the info....

http://www.hic.gov.au/providers/programs_services/about_aodr.htm

to register....

https://www2.hic.gov.au/pextj/aodr/Pages/DonorRegistration.jsp

I just hope they don't give my liver to anyone under the age of 72. 8o

ta ta

I will and it says so on my drivers licence.

I have also ensured that my immediate family and best mates are also aware that this is something I want to have happen.

Now, I hope that most of them will be in a condition that can be used.........lol...........and not totally drug fucked, but hey, u never know, maybe the drugs will ensure that many of them actually do better in another person.

So will you donate??

Or do you think its wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
not my eyes, cause i think they are special..
not my skin, cause i want to be buried intact outside..
not my lungs cause i have asthma...
not my heart cause i will die of heart disease myself (hereditary..)

but i will donate my kidney..
and liver... (which my friends find hillarious, given how much i drink...) hehe i'll be donating someone a 75 year old liver if i die...

When I die, I'll donate everything except my eyes (I agree with muzby, that they're special). I can't justify taking them to the grave with me when they could be helping someone else.

As far as donating organs while I'm still alive.. if I was a match, I'd donate a kidney to my kids, maybe my husband, possibly my brother or sister. Ditto with part of my liver, MAYBE a lung, but I have some lung problems anyway so I'm not sure it would be such a good idea.

I'll donate everything I can.

Most likely it'll still be when I'm young, so someone will have good parts to use, just throw away the liver (alcohol and drugs infected)

shals :D

Yep, they can have any part of me thats worth using for transplant purposes when I die. I'm on the organ registry list and all my friends/ family explicitly know how I feel about this.

I'm still yet to decide how i feel about being used for scientific research :\ Its not so much the actual research that I'm uncomfortable with, its more the possibility of being hacked up and prodded by some first year med students 8(.

Whilst living, I'd like to think I would easily donate an organ to a close loved one, but there are just too many unknown aspects/ influencers within every situation to ever be able to predict how you'd react.

They're sure as hell not going to be much use to me when i'm dead, so yeah i'll donate whatever is still worth having. Wether that will amount to much who knows.:\

ill donate whatever can be used. doubt ill be needing it, although i doubt there will be anything worth saving, but u never know wot with all this fandangled new technology thats out these days

Doc

I havent really thought about it much, and havent done anything about it: told people or carry a donor card, but i dont see any reason not to donate organs. I personally dont believe you need them in anyway when you're dead, i mean, you're gona be dead, what good are your kidneys then.

I'm a donor A. They can have anything they can figure out how to rip off. I don't want to be buried, I can't justify the waste of space. To think that 50 year trees could be knocked down to bury my useless arse. I don't want to be cremated. My living contributes enough to the greenhouse effect enough as it is.

Ideally I would like to just be dumped in the bush somewhere for the animals to eat.

I think you should be able to specify the income class of the recipient of your organs. I don't want my atoms going to some snooty rich bastard...

I'm a donor too!! yeah for donors - on the form i ticked for the lot, heck i'm going to be dead, i'm not going to need my eyes, skin, heart, etc. I would prefer that people live, or there lives are improved rather than the organs rotting away or getting burnt to a crisp. It's kinda odd talking about yourself being dead, creepy

Yeah - ive always been a little freaked out by the idea of being cremated or having my organs removed. Im not sure why, it just feel so wierd thinking about the fact that there will be nothing left of me...

But i think im slowly coming round to the idea

I too will donate all but my eyes. Don't know what makes the eyes so special, i just don't want to lose those.

Donating organs should be on everyone's list of things to do when they die.

Fuck yeah I'll donate my organs. What's it all worth? You can't take the stuff with you under this earth. It's just gonna rot anyway, be much better to give some poor geezer a second chance at life.

I too am registered to donate everything except my eyes; the windows to the soul. :)

im an idiot. i totally forgot about this. I went to go get my normal drivers licence last week... But then again, maybe it was my subconscious coming through or something cos now that i actually sit and have a think about it i feel a bit divided about the whole thing. on the one hand id absolutely love to know that i helped save someone elses life, but on the other the thought of it just feels weird.

i dont know, we definitely just dont know enough about anything really :\

Hehehehe

I don't know what use they'd be.... People are welcome to them if they think it can help, but I reckon the best use would be to smoke my ashes and get wrong=D

But seriously Yes I would and I have the little tick on my license that says so. If I can help someone live after I have then it would be wrong not to.

I also have it marked on my drivers license and have let my immeadiate family know that I want it done, every part as well as I am being cremated.

i'm a donor; they can have the lot of me, i'm not too stressed.

i don't really want to be buried or cremated either....like lostpunk said i think i'd just be happy for them to dump whatever's left of me in the bush somewhere.

alternatively i'd love to be stuffed and displayed in someone's window! =D

When I die they can have it all. I dont know why anyone would want to deny someone the chance of living, just because they cant stand the thought of themselves being cut up after they die. Besides, I think its kinda cool, imagine my heart beating after I die giving someone else life.

Gah where did my post go? I'm worried I posted it in a completely different thread now...

Anyways, they can have anything they want when I stop breathing. I think people who refuse to donate their organs are selfish. How can someone say they want to keep their organs when all that's going to happen is they will decompose and be eaten by worms? I really don't understand that mentality and once got into quite a heated argument on the topic.