• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

organ donation (do it!)

up all night said:
Gah where did my post go? I'm worried I posted it in a completely different thread now...

Anyways, they can have anything they want when I stop breathing. I think people who refuse to donate their organs are selfish. How can someone say they want to keep their organs when all that's going to happen is they will decompose and be eaten by worms? I really don't understand that mentality and once got into quite a heated argument on the topic.

It depends on what you believe is going to happen in the afterlife.

As for myself I won't donate my eyes and heart as I believe that you need them for your next journey, otherwise you won't be complete. Anything else I will gladly donate. I would reconsider my stance however if it was for my immediate family, but I guess it would be too late for that once I'm dead. :\

They can take whatever parts of my body they wish... but not my eyes because my eyes are important part of my life, because I can't hear shit and I use my eyes to get on with my everyday duties and stuff......

up all night said:
Gah where did my post go? I'm worried I posted it in a completely different thread now...

Anyways, they can have anything they want when I stop breathing. I think people who refuse to donate their organs are selfish. How can someone say they want to keep their organs when all that's going to happen is they will decompose and be eaten by worms? I really don't understand that mentality and once got into quite a heated argument on the topic.

That's the thing. The argument has been brought up into previous debates about this is the fear that someone who has a organ donar card and in a life threatening situation may be left to die a lot earlier than someone without a card so the organs can be donated.

There is the arguement of what kind of state would you be left in anyway if you survive that etc etc. Not feeling either way different just trying to give extra things to think about :)

^^ That is NOT true. Medical staff have a legal and moral duty of care to treat everybody. My god, I've seen 90 year olds after having arrested being defibrillated in emergency departments for god's sake. There's a whole team of people in ERs treating and assessing people, everyone runs on automatic and does what they're supposed to do, by law, which is treat EVERYBODY (even people who won't benefit from it, but thats a whole other thread).

I also think its extremely selfish not to be a donor - there's not too many organs around these days as people are surviving car accidents more and in fact, there are less car accidents because of harsher penalties for drink driving/speeding etc. Obviously this is good for the community, but bad for people waiting for organ transplants (moral dilemma!).

If you're an organ donor, you are NOT in any danger of being 'left to die' in an emergency room by medical staff. You will be treated in accordance by the extent of your injuries and thats all.

Last edited:
Absolutely. In fact, several years ago I was part of a committee in my home town of Shepparton who organised a fundraising ball for the Organ Donors Society. We got 400 people signed up on the night.

It saddens me deeply that people are too shortsighted or just too damn lazy to think about this issue. You'd think differently if your child or someone you loved was dying waiting for a heart or lungs. My mum's beloved partner is dying of lung cancer and probably won't make it due to the 7- year waiting list. :(

And, guys - in case you didn't know, you can register online.

http://www.hic.gov.au/yourhealth/our_services/aaodr.htm

Click on "How to Register".

Here's a few more interesting facts from the Red Cross about Organ Donations.

http://www.organ.redcross.org.au/Notes.PDF

Did you know you have a ten times greater chance of requiring an organ donation as becoming an organ donor? Less than 1% of deaths occur in such a way that is medically viable for organ donation. We need every one of those 1% to count though.

Awesome.

I just registered online! To easy :D

shals :)

When my dad died we opted to donate everything. It was nice to know that although we lost him, he still helped 6 other people directly, plus his liver was used for doing liver cell transplant research. We did take up the option to donate his corneas (that is all they remove from the eye) and two people who were blind now have full vision through one eye. It was fantastic to receive a card anonymously that christmas from someone who had received one of his organs and had a new lease on life. It put a little bit of shine into a somewhat grim christmas.

When I go they can have all the organs they can get their hands on (I dont think they'll be taking my corneas... I'm too blind ;) ). I'm not too sure about donating my body to be hacked up by anatomy students. I'd just like to think I could still help others.

I have all my organs up for grabs when my body thinks it's time to give up and move on. Originally I wasn't too keen on having my eyes given away but if I can give someone else the chance to see everything in a twisted way that I do then I wish them the best of luck. 8)

On a simular note has anyone thought of donating their body to science or at least medical training before being stuck in a box or if your like me burnt into a pile of carbon?

I am currently an organ donor but by the time I'm finished with them I doubt if there going to be any better than the ones I'm meant to be replacing. :)

They can take it all baby ;)

I've got it down that I will donate all organs when I die.

onetwothreefour said:

alternatively i'd love to be stuffed and displayed in someone's window! =D

Haha that's a great idea :)

I don't think I could ever come up with just one pose I would want to be left in for eternity though...

Buddy Jesus would be the pose I want if that happened.

jesus-buddy.jpg

donate an orgasm? I cant even give one away ;)

umm, update - i just read the thread properly.

my bad :\

Last edited:
Mr Samadhi and I are both donors, i'm registered with the AUstralian Bone Marrow Donor Registry as well (which, IMHO is just as important as donating organs). When Mr Samadhi's dad was initially diagnosed with cancer (we thought it was a contained tumor in his kidneys...unfortunatly it had spread to his lymph glands :( ) we were all gearing up to be tested for compatibility of our kidneys... i didn't think twice about giving a kidney to George. If only it had been as simple as that. :(

Just in case anyone is interested in becoming a bone marrow donor: http://www.abmdr.org.au/enroll.htm You can't register online, as it's a bit more of a detailed process than that...they take some blood and then after they've analysed your tissue type, you're registered. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm an organ donor and would happily donate my organs when I'm dead, eyes and all. My only sticking point would be that I would not want my organs given to people that have fucked their own up by their choice of habit and lifestyle. The 40 year old, pack a day smoker needs a lung transplant? Fuck him, he got given a perfectly good pair of lungs. The young kid with cystic fibrosis that needs a set of lungs? Sure, have em.

On the flip side, ladies, I'm willing to donate one particular fully functional, low kilometres, high inches organ, so long as I can have it back when you're done. ;)

I would like to, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed....I know I can't donate blood because my dirty homosexual tendencies might give some 6 year old AIDS.... 8(

So I'm assuming the same is true for organs as well (on the other hand, by the time I cark it my organs will probably be pretty pickled anyway, so I dunno if they'll be so much use to anyone) :\

Raz said:
I would like to, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed....I know I can't donate blood because my dirty homosexual tendencies might give some 6 year old AIDS.... 8(

So I'm assuming the same is true for organs as well (on the other hand, by the time I cark it my organs will probably be pretty pickled anyway, so I dunno if they'll be so much use to anyone) :\

Raz, surely you jest???

Are u telling me that simply because u have sex with other guys, that you cant donate blood???

What a crock of shit............surely they can test to ensure that your blood is clean and surely they would test everyones blood that is given to ensure its clean????

If what your saying is true then that is absolute bullshit.

What diff does it make where u stick your donger provided its clean and who is to say that all heterosexual people are clean???

Originally posted my MazDan
What diff does it make where u stick your donger provided its clean and who is to say that all heterosexual people are clean???

amen to that...

i've known plenty of dirty bitches in my time...

its acutally surprising how many girls out there are the ones to suggest not using a condom.. i always thought it was the other way round with the guys always suggesting not to..

but hey.. .wot would i know... ;)

Pseudo G said:
My only sticking point would be that I would not want my organs given to people that have fucked their own up by their choice of habit and lifestyle. The 40 year old, pack a day smoker needs a lung transplant? Fuck him, he got given a perfectly good pair of lungs. The young kid with cystic fibrosis that needs a set of lungs? Sure, have em.

Of course you are entitled to that opinion but I don't agree with that attitude. How are you to know under what circumstances that 40 year old became addicted to ciggarettes? Health warnings 30 years ago were virtually non-existant. I agree that people should take responsibility for themselves, but I also believe everyone has a human right to live, despite what mistakes they have made in their life. Clearly you've never been addicted to cigarettes and have the same cavalier, dismissive attitude most non-smokers have of the struggle faced by those trying to quit.

I would give my organs to anyone. That's just me.

(By the way my mum's partner has non-smoking related lung cancer but even he has pity on smokers with lung cancer. He says "why should it matter?" when asked the question. )