• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

I am lucky and live in a pretty small town in Oregon, and when they stopped the IR production my doctor put me on 10mg ER and I wiped out all the pharmacies so she put me on 20mg ER and luckily my walmart has 300 of the old one still in stock, so I will be able to enjoy the old ones for awhile.

I believe u can remove the coating from the yellow 40 mg. opana er. U put it under ur tongue for 30 seconds then wipe coating off. Or if allergic. Take a razor blade carefully. Remove coating. Then pound or grind pill U lose some powder. But im to much of a spazz to try using tools

Hey guys, this is my first post. Been lurking. My background right now....Going to paing management for about 2 months now. Last Wednesday had my 2nd epidural block. They have had me on Percoset 10's for the last 2 months. After this second block, I was having some really bad pain and no relief kicked in after a few days like the first one. So I went in yesterday and the doc put me on 20 mg er Opana and 350 Somas for bed. I have to say, I am taking the opana orally and I dont really like it. It makes me relaxed and lazy really. I liked the percosets for the reason they made me active, but the pain relief was not good enough. The doctor said if I do not like the Opana, he will put me back on the Percs, but up the dosage. Im going to give the Opana the weekend, but Im pretty sure I will be switching back. I feel like Im right on the verge of a good fuzzy feeling, but it never comes and the pain releif is okay, but nothing great. Im pretty sure I have the the reformulated ones too, because the bottle says crush resistant, so I guess I wont be trying to snort these. Also, I liked the energy the percs gave me and hope when he ups the mgs that the pain relief will be better. I think I also read in here to eat a fatty meal with the opana. Well I had 5 pieces of bacon and toast for breakfast and also took a tagament (which I think I read in here). Im on the verge of fuzzy and going nowhere. I dont like them and will be switching back. I dont think I have any questions about them. I think you guys have it covered, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

Hey guys, this is my first post. Been lurking. My background right now....Going to paing management for about 2 months now. Last Wednesday had my 2nd epidural block. They have had me on Percoset 10's for the last 2 months. After this second block, I was having some really bad pain and no relief kicked in after a few days like the first one. So I went in yesterday and the doc put me on 20 mg er Opana and 350 Somas for bed. I have to say, I am taking the opana orally and I dont really like it. It makes me relaxed and lazy really. I liked the percosets for the reason they made me active, but the pain relief was not good enough. The doctor said if I do not like the Opana, he will put me back on the Percs, but up the dosage. Im going to give the Opana the weekend, but Im pretty sure I will be switching back. I feel like Im right on the verge of a good fuzzy feeling, but it never comes and the pain releif is okay, but nothing great. Im pretty sure I have the the reformulated ones too, because the bottle says crush resistant, so I guess I wont be trying to snort these. Also, I liked the energy the percs gave me and hope when he ups the mgs that the pain relief will be better. I think I also read in here to eat a fatty meal with the opana. Well I had 5 pieces of bacon and toast for breakfast and also took a tagament (which I think I read in here). Im on the verge of fuzzy and going nowhere. I dont like them and will be switching back. I dont think I have any questions about them. I think you guys have it covered, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

Hi. I understand what you mean. Oxy makes me more active and euphoric than opana whichm akes me euprohric and lazy. Why not honesty? Tell your doctor you perfer a higher dose of oxy?

Hey 80 mg thanks for a response! Do you mean ask for a higher dose of the Percosets, or ask if he can give me the Oxy with a higher dose. I do like the euphoric properties I get with the Percosets, but it doesnt last long enough. The Euphoria with the Percs only last about an hour, but the energy stays with me. How long does the Euphoria last with the Oxy? Oxy is also one I have no experience with. What mg you think would be good? Also, how good is it on the pain. I have noticed today with the Opana 20mg ER, I took at 11 am, the pain relief is a little better than the Percosets, but Im pretty sure I could handle 40mg or even 60mg every 12 hours. He has me on the 20mg 1 every 12 hours. It is 6:30 pm here and Im having pain and was about 2 hours ago while doing dishes and fixing dinner. I mean, I guess this is normal when you first start Pain Management, trying to get adjusted to what meds work right for you?
A little bit more history of mine. I was a gymnast for 16 years, so hince the back issues and now when they did a MRI, they found an Hemangiom on my lower spine, which flares up alot. So they sent me to Pain Management. The Doc suggested doing Cottal (sp?) Epidurals in sets of three. One every two weeks and then a break. You can only do three every six months. The first one kicked in 2 days after and gave me 5 days of relief. And like I said, the second one never kicked in and moved my area of pain to across the middle of my back. So, I do one more on the 25th. Heres hoping for a few days of help.
Anywho, I definitely want to go back on the Percosets with a higher dose, because I like the pain relief and really did like the energy level and euphoria. So again, am I missing out by not trying the Oxy's? I would appreciate some more info on them if you have the time. As Im writing this I looked up rereading your post, and realize you ARE referring to Oxycodone. I was thinking you were refering to Oxycotin? DUH? I guess I thought that because Oxycotin was another option he had mentioned with the Opana and he dedided to go with the Opana. So I guess I dont need you to explain yourself then huh? Well, again thanks for the input and I will for sure be going back on the Oxycodone on Monday, unless anyone has a better suggestions for something along the lines of what I like. My Doc is really good and pretty good about doing what I want. He suggest and then I pick usually, so any suggestions are appreciate it. ;)

^ Percocets are oxycodone with tylenol, so you have experience with oxy. If you get OxyContin, it slowly releases the oxycodone over time, whereas Oxy IR or roxicodone will hit you just as fast as the percocets, but without tylenol messing with your liver. Basically percocet, OxyContin, OxyIR, and Roxicodone all have the same active ingridient [oxycodone] but the OxyContin releases it slower than the other 3.

So, on the Oxycotin, OxyIR and Roxicodone, does the Euphoria last longer?

3 10 mg percocet, 6 5 mg percocet, 1 30mg roxicodone or oxy IR will all feel exactly the same to you. An equivalent dose of OxyContin will feel a little weaker since it is release more slowly, but it will last longer. For example a 40mg OxyContin would feel like taking 5mg of pecocet every hour for 8 hours (the numbers might be a little off) so the high would feel weaker than taking an equivalent dose of the instant release formulations, but would also last longer.

Well now Im in a pickle and dont know which way to go? I would like to have the euphoria last longer, but would like it to be as strong. I guess I cant have my cake and eat it too huh? And is the coffee grinder even worth trying for these damn 20mg er Opanas? And if it does work, I think I may be too scared to snort it. I dont want to puke......I HATE PUKING. Ive snorted pills.....Xanax and Hydros, but never Opana and they sound super strong. I mean its been 8 hours since I took my morning dose, but me backs is killing me! I will probably just wait things out till Monday, when I can go get a new script for something I know I like...Oxycodone, or should I give the Oxycontin a try?

Right. If Im correct on what I'm finding both IMPAX and Watson made a deal BEFORE Endo reformulated Opana. Now Im not sure if that would impact the making of a generic, and the patent also scares me.

The deal does not change the contracts. Right now Actavis is making 7.5 and 15 mg generic and in September will be making 20,30 and 40 mg. Impax will make all doses of generic around September also, while Watson will be making their generics starting Jan '13. All of these are old formulation, though the Actavis do not look like the old ones (They are white and chalky, not smooth). So anyone who is a legit pain patient, like myself, only has to wait til September for larger doses or until then just have your doc convert you to 15 mg and ask the pharmacy to order generic. If you have any questions I have called both Product Development and Marketing people from all companies involved. Most of them will freely answer any questions you have, but yes, generics are already out in 7.5 and 15mg and will be out in Sept. for all other doses.

Last edited:
What a shame that they changed these. I use to get the 30mg Octagon shaped version 18 months ago, I sucked off coating, chopped it up and snorted the whole thing. I was on a high daily dose of Suboxone at the time, 24mg a day so in most cases with ANY other opiate I would have to not take the Suboxone for 48-72hrs to feel the true effect of the roxy or whatever. I got a dozen Opana ER 30mg and within 24hrs of taking my Suboxone I snorted one, It got all gummy in my sinuses (but that I read later was a good thing, it increased the bioavailability). I was high as hell within 10mins of that 1st 30mg rip. My friend who was not on any other opiates except an occassional (3-4x week) 30mg Oxycodone snorted one and said he was high before he finished the line. We would leave them in our sinuses for about 20-30 minutes and then use some nasal spray to open up the passages again. I am an experienced opiate enthusiast, I thought that oxymorphone was the best high I had ever had from a pharmaceutical opiate. I also took some alprazolam with it, which made it more potent, but it was a great couple days. I would IV 5 OxyContin 80mgs with a 3ml syringe and not feel as good as I did off the Opanas. Sucks they changed them. I heard at 1 point the company was looking into producing a nasal spray version of the Opanas. That would be something worth having. Every puff gives you 10mg Oxymorphone. My dream.

luck bastard... snort it.. its supposed to have a much better intranasal bio availability than oral... that is of course if you're not an iv user
do you crush and snort or do you have to prep it? new opana since 2012

Im sorry but anyone who's depending on Watson to come out the the old formula is going to be just as disappointed as I am.. If u really dig in your reasearch like I have u will see that the FDA has moved the entire exact formula of the old opanas to the discontinued list because of the high increase of od's, robberys, and prescription switches that included these. Theres an entire ad on the subject u will easily find online. Basically I'm pretty sure we're all fucked on this.....

Hi everyone this is my first post so sorry if my question has been asked and answered already so saying that in advance here goes. I have heard of the generic for opana only in the 7.5mg and 15mg and that between Sept '12- Dec '12 they will b coming out with all the other strengths. My question is does any one know of the pharmaceutical company that produces the generic already out and what company will b putting out any generic for opana? All info on this is appreciated thanx

Just an update for those who care, I called watson at the beginning of the month in anticipation of Sept 15 and their forth coming generic. I couldn't get any info on if they'd be using the TRF formula, BUT they will NOT be producing/selling the new generics until June 2013. Bummer. :!

so ive been taking 1-2 5mg hydrocodones every 4 hours for 4 months, and two weeks ago was moved to 1 10mg opana (crush resistant dual concave) ER every 12 hours. I want to attempt abusing one to see what the high is like. just for fun once.

i have half of one pill sitting in lemon juice and I can see that the coating and the good stuff has already seperated. I am going to throw some 7 up in there and slam in at some point. Now, im a lil nervous because i hear this stuff is hellllla strong. I know it has a bioavailability of 10% Orally, but, i mean, .5mg of oxymorphone can be a lot, right?

am i just being paranoid here?

I doubt you will feel anything from eating .5mgs of opana. I once ate a 20mg ER and felt nothing but sniffing 10mgs would have me feeling like heaven.

I doubt you will feel anything from eating .5mgs of opana. I once ate a 20mg ER and felt nothing but sniffing 10mgs would have me feeling like heaven.

well i mean id be eating 5mg, but the bioavail makes it .5, but, it is literally a half of a 10mg thats melted and seperated in lemon juice.

so, 5mg. would that do anything?

thank you for the reply so quickly, btw!

You might feel something small, people say eating a greasy meal beforehand can help it absorb. Opana was my all time favorite when sniffed but I found it useless when taken orally. Id rather have 10mgs of hydrocodone than 10mgs of abuse proof oxymorphone, mabey Im just weird.