• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

^How are you going about prepping the pill for railing? The extended release Opana have a anti-abuse system that it pretty effective against abusing. The instant release do not have this, getting two 10mg instant release would be much better than one 20mg IMO. Still I would much rather have one 40mg Opana ER pill over two OC80mg pills because its much more powerful to me, I get some lugies as well, not a lot though as when I first started using them though.

^^ Actually I think 2x10mg would be worse than one 20mg. The IR opanas are much larger than the ERs. This means the active chemical is more concentrated in ERs, and thus more efficient absorption especially for nasal.

^ I dont really think that matters for me at least. Ive been using the instant pills and the 40mg ER's for a long time now and the IR's are just absorbed better and quicker, they hit better IMO. Id rather do four IR10's over an ER40 so I would much much rather do two IR10's over an ER20. More of my best experiences have been with IR's.

I understand the increased amount of powder bothering some, but that has never bothered me, I dont mind any drip and the ER's are much more prone to stuff up the nose and that powder doesnt get into the system even as drip until you are able to later ingest it as a glob. The ER's arent a completely instant release option even when railed while the IR's are in every way instant release. I still love the ER's 40's, they may be the best single pill there is IMO. Comparing with Opana IR though, if you go over doses of 40mg's, which I have, then I think the 40's become the more attractive option.

^^ That's some interesting info. I always wondered about IR vs ER for nasal opana. I guess the instant release factor of the IR vs. the delayed release/gelling of the ERs is enough to override the fact that the IRs are less concentrated.

However I would bet that IRs burn a little bit more, with all that powder. Never had them but I can say the ERs are a smooooth snort, maybe the gel softens the powder. What do you think?

Opana is one of the Greatest drugs I've ever put in my nostril. Although a waxy substance and a pain to break down, it has one of the quickest-orgasmic rushes ever. So rare to find unless you have a prescription of course or have the generic form that has been avaliable since 1965, hyrdomorphone.
I live in the Atlanta area and I'm willing to meet new people for connects.
Opana, Xanax, OxyContin, Valium, Opiates, Benzos, etc.

Thanks,
Ralph

Although I agree opana is the greatest of the great opiates/opioids...hydromorphone is a different drug. I think you mean oxymorphone.

Also dont ask to meet people, get connects, etc. I would edit that out if I were you as this is not what this site is about.

I think the Opana ER's are far better than the IR's. The IR's are like snorting chalk. It's disgusting... I blow out powder when I exhale...And it's pink.

The ER's go into higher doses, and I have had a bunch lately. To say the least, Opana is just a weird drug. It's hard to delineate it's affects and it never feels quite the same. The first try was quite perplexing. Then I got a bunch and loved them. The second go around, I was disappointed. The high didn't last 4+ hours, and mostly they just sky rocket your tolerance. IMO they are a great recreational/once per weekend kind of thing. Not very good for PM.

It has a piece of both worlds. The euphoria from OC, and the sedation/analgesia from morph. But it is marginally reduced in both areas. The euphoria is NOT as high as with OC. The sedation/analgesic properties is not as pronounced and lasting in duration as morph. All in all, there is much confusion and curiosity as a new pk is introduced to the market. The verdict is still out in my opinion, but after using OP for a few months now, I think Opana get's a B for being very well rounded.

And to clarify, Opana does not have one of the quickest most orgasmic rushes ever... everyone needs to acquire many and do your own experimenting... If you try it one time then you can't really be a valid source of information. There are several variable factors that people don't take into consideration and over the course of ONE use it's simply too hard to rely on someone's judgement. Personally, maybe this is just my chemistry/metabolism etc, Opana insuff hits in about 7-20 minutes of onset,... It is a soft come up, and not orgasmic, nor would it qualify anywhere near a rush. Maybe you're referring to a diff ROA but you need to clarify. There is simply too much unsubstantiated hype concerning opana. To each his own/. But if you look at the statistics of experiences surrounding this pk, you will find results and exp vary widely. There is no static experience and there is no general consensus,except maybe that it is potent.

^^ That's some interesting info. I always wondered about IR vs ER for nasal opana. I guess the instant release factor of the IR vs. the delayed release/gelling of the ERs is enough to override the fact that the IRs are less concentrated.

However I would bet that IRs burn a little bit more, with all that powder. Never had them but I can say the ERs are a smooooth snort, maybe the gel softens the powder. What do you think?

I know what you mean when sometimes a pill can burn or hurt and you need a drink right afterwards, but this thank god isnt the case with Opana IR, they are really pleasant to use, as smooth as the ER's I would say.The ER's are still a great pill so its not that big a deal settling for them. I happily use ER's about 2/3rds of the time right now.

About the taste, I think its slight, and actually not unenjoyable at all, Ive done bad pills before, I dont think Opana IR are one of them, I actually sometimes prefer the slight taste of the IR's. Im guessing it will differ with each individual, maybe some are more sensitive to the taste.

I also believe the euphoria from Opana is greater than the euphoria from oxycodone. I used oxycodone for 10 months before opana, once again, its likely an individual thing and opinion. They do skyrocket tolerance though which is why its not smart to get tolerant to them if you are not going to be using them all the time.

Last edited:
^^^

I understand a persons body chemistry can differ from one to another...but the only people i have heard say that OC is more euphoric, potent than opana are the people who snort wrong. I said this before, but once I tried opana i was spoiled so bad, I could not go back to oxycodone without being dissapointed and spending $300 in a day

That is just not the case. Can you validate these claims? Your speculating that everyone who has used either of the two does not know how to insufflate? I think you have to work hard to prepare/insufflate wrong...... In a perfect world, what's your method for creating the perfect absorption??? How do people insufflate wrong?? validate these claims.

That is just not the case. Can you validate these claims? Your speculating that everyone who has used either of the two does not know how to insufflate? I think you have to work hard to prepare/insufflate wrong...... In a perfect world, what's your method for creating the perfect absorption??? How do people insufflate wrong?? validate these claims.

Well I am speculating. I have introduced many dopeheads to opana and I take note of their thoughts of it. I am not trying to insult you in any way for the record :) .

How do you insufflate incorrectly? Well besides sniffing too hard and it going into the back of your throat, I found if you sniff too much of the ER's at once, it gels badly, leading to a ball of gel/mucous/opana mixture which does not get absorbed well at all. To maximize absorption, you have to grind the opana down as fine as possible, obviously.

Everyone I know who snorts/shoots opana does not place it above oxycodone in any category. The ones who initially believed that their roxis were stronger were the ones who snorted incorrectly. Once they did it properly, they were sold.

I understand your body chemistry might be different as I said above. The only way I can validate my claims in the least, is with first hand experiences from me and other users. This is why I said what I said. The euphoria produced by oxymorphone completely captivated and sold me after the first use. In terms of analgesia , I would say it is 3X-5X as potent as oxycodone. Euphoria wise, I would say 5X-7X. That is my opinion of course.

Last edited:
And to clarify, Opana does not have one of the quickest most orgasmic rushes ever... everyone needs to acquire many and do your own experimenting... If you try it one time then you can't really be a valid source of information. There are several variable factors that people don't take into consideration and over the course of ONE use it's simply too hard to rely on someone's judgement. Personally, maybe this is just my chemistry/metabolism etc, Opana insuff hits in about 7-20 minutes of onset,... It is a soft come up, and not orgasmic, nor would it qualify anywhere near a rush. Maybe you're referring to a diff ROA but you need to clarify. There is simply too much unsubstantiated hype concerning opana. To each his own/. But if you look at the statistics of experiences surrounding this pk, you will find results and exp vary widely. There is no static experience and there is no general consensus,except maybe that it is potent.

I always found opana to have a soft come up. That's normal. It usually peaks for me about 10-15min after the initial sniffing. The first time I snorted opana (20mg) i swear i got a rush, a legitimate rush (I have iv'd before), off of 20mg. It was about 5min after i snorted.

The reason why experiences vary so widely can be because some people take opana orally, and we all know of the low bioavailability. I am curious as to which statistics you are talking about? Link please.

I always found opana to have a soft come up. That's normal. It usually peaks for me about 10-15min after the initial sniffing. The first time I snorted opana (20mg) i swear i got a rush, a legitimate rush (I have iv'd before), off of 20mg. It was about 5min after i snorted.

The reason why experiences vary so widely can be because some people take opana orally, and we all know of the low bioavailability. I am curious as to which statistics you are talking about? Link please.

As far as pills Ive had the closest thing to a rush, the best experience outside of IV, a couple of times with Opana IR. The sort of tingly feeling of euphoria throughout my body thats hard to explain. Unfortunately its only been a few times in the long time Ive used.

Last edited:
As far as pills Ive had the closest thing to a rush, the best experience outside of IV, a couple of times with Opana IR. The sort of tingly feeling of euphoria throughout my body thats hard to explain. Unfortunately its only been a few times in the long time Ive used.

Ya man, same with me, except it was only that one time for me. I literally was buggin out at my cousins house like "DUDE I JUST GOT A RUSH OFF THIS SHIT, NO FUCKING LIE". I have never had another rush from sniffing anything before or after that.

I think that you are confusing the shear potency between the two oppy. There is no offense or insult to anyone. I've been using a HC to grind down them for 5+ years. I have both substances right now, as we speak.

Now. Back to my point. I think this situation has several variable factors and different approaches to understanding.

One, is that I think you may be confusing the shear potency of OP and the affect this has. When you snort a 20mg ER tablet or IR of OP, your serum levels of oxymorphone will increase rapidly in a short duration. If you were only to snort say, 2.5mgs of OP this affect would be significantly decreased. Thus, your much bigger insufflation, 20mg dose, provided a "rush-like effect" because of the shear potency and differentiation between 10 minutes ago, and 10 minutes later when you noticed a BIG difference in your current state.

Also Side Note: I do like OP. It is very potent, and the best well-balanced, well rounded pk IMO. As I stated a few posts ^ , it has the best qualities and effects from each of the chems.

Continuing with my theory.

Two, I believe that not only are the serum levels markedly increased when such a large dose is insuff, to create this ghost effect of euphoria, BUT, one theory that there is such as stark difference in experience and opinion may be due to brain chemistry.
It is quite odd that at least half of users experience either very little or less euphoria on OP than compared to OC. (only insuff comparison strictly)

That being said, the chemistry might differ, with user A having some sort of gene, and user B having a different gene, which determines the affects.

Youre also assuming some things with your theory when you criticized someone else for supposedly doing the same thing. In your opinion half of the users of both believe OC is more euphoric. If true I guess I would just attribute that to the different ways the opiate effects the individual users. I absolutely hated fentanyl, no euphoria at all, and wasnt a very good PK for my symptoms either, sucked. Meanwhile some people seem to love it and swear to how great they feel when using it. I find that so very hard to believe, but I just assume and guess that is attributed to the way opiates can affect individuals differently.

Yeah, I think the more likely scenario is the second one. That it has something to do with brain chemistry. But, it must be pertinent to OP and OC. Because no two other pks whilst being compared to each other have as much variation in terms of experience and affects. At least it seems this way.

In the first instance, I was talking about how oppy insuff 20mg OP. Of course this would yield a rush like effect after being hit with potentially equivalent 140mg of morphine in about 5-10minutes.

Don't get me wrong.. I have both of them now and I have respect for each. I'm curious as to the specific reason why there is this phenomenon of such varied experiences. Maybe its not constant, maybe One person it's the hype that makes them have ____ opinion about it, and the next its the potency that makes them think ____ opinion, and the next person it's his chemistry and so on. Can anyone else shed light on this discussion?

For the past week I have been sniffing Opana Extended Release (5mg) and I really dont enjoy them at all.
Almost like its a total waste of time.

I get some high off of them, but the side effects Im experiencing are horrible.
Clogged nose all day long, my head feels like it weights 100 pounds and the left side of my face (the only side I can snort on) is getting numb.

I really prefer OC, but I cant get any of those for two more weeks. So for now, Im stuck with Opana ER bullshit.

Thats the #1 problem with Opana ER, the stuffed nose. You have to shave the coating off of them then crush and grind it then blow them dry to get the best use of them. If they are wetted in any way(sucking, using water) they are never the same even if left to completely dry, the powder also wont crush as finely after getting wet either. That was the major problem I had with opana when I first started using it. After about 4 months though and being more veteran with using them it kept getting better and better. Ive been using them for 18 months now and I hardly get much clog at all with the ER's for whatever reason. Now I consider Opana the king of the pharms.

One interesting thing about oxycodone is how some of it is metabolized into oxymorphone in the human body. So in a way they are similar.

ER's for opana IMO are only viable if you have higher doses. 20mg+ for the ERs. Otherwise regular users are wasting their time. I shave the coating off as well. I put it under a light for a minute too, occasionally. No clog here<<<<<