• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

The 10mg IR's are much more expensive on a mg per mg basis than the ER's for some reason. The 10mg IR's from a hospital pharmacy, which can be cheaper than a retail pharmacy, can run at about $5 per pill. Some doctors may prefer the ER's because they are tougher to abuse, and also for medical reasons they last 12 hours when not tampered with.

Right on... so the IR's cost about half the mg... similar to Oxy's... Does anybody know about the ER's?

Here is a very interesting quote from the wiki on opana:

"Alcohol consumption along the Opana extended-release tablets can be an extremely dangerous situation as it can cause "dose dumping" which creates a blast of drug release and increase of bioavailabilty of the oxymorphone in the tablets in excess of 70 per cent."

Am I reading that right? Having some booze with your Opana ER will increase the oral bioavailability to 70% AND defeat the time release mechanism?? That's huge!

hmmm, thats intresting i drank a bit the last time i snorted 10mgs and got way more fucked up than the day before when i did the same dose

Here is a very interesting quote from the wiki on opana:

"Alcohol consumption along the Opana extended-release tablets can be an extremely dangerous situation as it can cause "dose dumping" which creates a blast of drug release and increase of bioavailabilty of the oxymorphone in the tablets in excess of 70 per cent."

Am I reading that right? Having some booze with your Opana ER will increase the oral bioavailability to 70% AND defeat the time release mechanism?? That's huge!

That IS huge - As somebody that loves to do opiates orally, it makes me wanna find some opana that much more.

I wonder how much alcohol has to be consumed... I wouldn't want to feel drunk at all - if 1 drink works, that'd be phenominal.

I've had my fair share of Opana, no instant release ones yet but I've been privileged enough to

have the 20mg ER's and they're fantastic as many of ya'll know.

Has anyone found a way to prepare these for IV use? A way that's somewhat simple and

effective, as far as getting the most oxymorphone into the water and not into the TIMERx

abuse prevention shit?

I doubt theres going to be any way somewhat simple to prepare the ER's for IV, if any way at all. I think theres a thread on here dedicated to trying to IV the ER's if you search.

Ms. Burrows your only kidding yourself. Do you have any idea of how many private messages I've received telling me not to worry about you, that no one enjoys for stupid fucking comments, that your just a faggott with nothing else better to do? Apparently you aren't a very popular person... just a little bitch with a bunch of hot air... And are you fucking retarded? QUIT MAKING PEOPLE DO YOUR REASEARCH.... Get off your lazy ass and go to the Opana homepage (No I'm not going to give it to you you lazy fuck) and do your own cross examination to get the mg to mg comparison you fucking moron. And you know how I know your gay? Because you plugged Dilaudid for a whole fucking year and liked... fucking loser. Is that the best you can do? Your pathetic. Nobody likes you. Get the picture.

Right on... so the IR's cost about half the mg... similar to Oxy's... Does anybody know about the ER's?

I believe a 40mg ER goes for about $12 from a hospital pharmacy. Im not completely sure right now, but I think its somewhere around there.

Can a person take a 40mg Opana ER pill, cut it into 4 pieces and take the individual pieces without OD'ing???

I dont want to take the entire 40mg's at once due to my tolerance level.

Of course they can be taken that way without OD'ing, it depends on your tolerance though. I hate seeing people take Opana orally, its a great pill to come across, the king of pharms(IMO) but I understand in a case as yours where youve always been an oral user and your tolerance is low.

I think I saw you some where else say that you take 10mg hydrocodones, one at a time, 5 times a day or something. If thats the case for your first time I would take 5mg's of Opana. Cut the pill into 4 pieces and then cut one of those pieces in half. The pill may still release somewhat slowly in your system which may be a problem since you're used to instant release hydrocodone(im guessing).

Can a person take a 40mg Opana ER pill, cut it into 4 pieces and take the individual pieces without OD'ing???

I dont want to take the entire 40mg's at once due to my tolerance level.

I would take the coating off first, then grind into very small lines using a hose-clamp. This way you can start small, then keep adding small amounts till you get the right dose. I would wait around 45 minutes before upping the dose as this is a slow acting pill even snorted.

...that your just a faggott with nothing else better to do?

Does anybody else see the irony in that statement?

Sorry to butt-in, but I've been trying to read through this thread and I've seen three posts in a row from OpiateEncyclopedia and the flame-war between him and Burrows. Shit is annoying.

Anyway, I've heard that Oxymorphone is supposedly less euphoric than most other opioids, and due to that research has branched into more unconventional areas for opioid treatment. Depression that is not effected by SSRI's, SNRI's, SSNRI's is one area they're looking in to. I can't say I've ever tried oxymorphone, only its cousin hydromorphone and I find that the Dilaudid high is fairly weak - not just orally either. The rush from IV'ing is absolutely amazing but the high isn't that great. Perhaps it's just me, because most people seem to love the stuff.

Anyway know of any off-label oxymorphone/Opana research?

Thanks to Nikolai and Arthunter. I appreciate your informative thoughts on this.

Yes I prefer the oral route. I am not into snorting or IV, thats just my personal choice. I dont knock anyone that does that though.

Have fun and please please be safe everyone

You may honestly be able to handle 10mg's oral, but just to be sure the first time I would go with 5mg's.

You may honestly be able to handle 10mg's oral, but just to be sure the first time I would go with 5mg's.

I will do exactly that to be safe, if I need more i will take another small piece. When I am ready to try this (this weekend) I will post on the outcome.

I seriously doubt even a person with zero tolerance can get hurt by one 40mg pill, no matter what they did with it.

PHARM: Come on, you didn't get a kick out of watching Mr Encyclopedia blow his top? Like you said, it was quite ironic. I just took issue with a newcomer here claiming to be the all-pervasive opiate expert, especially when even he admitted his experience in a lot of areas was limited.

Anyway, I'm one of the people who likes dilaudid. Try plugging it, trust me. Far better than iv, I think, for the reasons you stated - a short rush then it's over.

I've Been experimenting with the bottle of 40mg opana ER my doc gave me. Even with my huge tolerance, I can't say oral was totally useless. Maybe if you're looking for a huge high, but just one of those pills orally kept my withdrawals away all day long, plus I did feel a wee bit of opiate goodness.

Snorting def gave me a more intense experience, but its sort of a pain to go through the whole crushing & cooking thing (it's recommended that you heat the crushed pill until the particles turn brown, helps get rid of the time release crap that makes it gel up).

I've actually had the least luck plugging it. It works, but the resulting high isn't so special. After cooking it only gels up about half as much, but maybe that's still enough to make it harder for the rectal membranes to absorb it, I'm not sure. Would love to hear from someone with med experience chime in on this.

Anyway, I've heard that Oxymorphone is supposedly less euphoric than most other opioids,

Man my good friend has a script for opana 40s. He got put on them, because his doctor said "These are in no way addictive like other painkillers". HAHAHAH yea right. This has been my most addictive and euphoric painkiller even topping out heroin(granted I never shot up anything besides demoral.)

I know smoking pillls is a very unhealthy endeavor, but I'm not a daily smoker of anything. I vaporized a TINY bit of a opana 40 jjust now and i feel quiteeee good :)
It took less of a dose smoked to be high than if i snorted it

I also chose to try plugging the er's after I found out there was like 0 information on it. I plugged the amount that I normally do in a small line to get me feeling good. I am now on the nod : ) so don't knock trying pluggin hell do it in the shower.

I thought I'd help shed some light on a topic with alot of info that I couldn't find.

Plugging opana ER - report

Tonight I made a mistake that had a very happy ending.

Every night I crush up two 8mg dilaudid pills, mix with water and plug. Well, tonight I accidentally took my two pills from the wrong bottle and crushed up two 40mg Opana ERs instead! I realized my mistake after i added some water and it gelled up. With just 10ml of water it basically had the consistency of jello, which would be rather difficult to plug (probably wouldn't even get sucked up by the oral syringe.

But I didn't want to waste the drugs, and with it already in a liquid-ish solution, plugging was pretty much my only option. So, I added a LOT more water to reduce the opana jelly to at least the consistency of a milkshake. I wasn't sure how well even that would plug; do the rectal membranes absorb something so thick? Only one way to find out...

I ended up using so much water to dissolve everything the 2 crushed pills filled up two complete oral syringes, for a total of 30ml of water. I wasn't even sure if the butt hole can absorb that much liquid!

I rammed the first syringe and "released the hounds," as it were. I waited a few minutes to allow time for absorption, then filled the second syringe and repeated.

Within a few minutes, I began to feel the telltale signs of opiate bliss; before long, I was well on my way for a journey a little further than the 16mg of dilaudid could ever take me!

So, despite the gel-like state and the large amount of liquid needed to make a crushed opana ER pluggable, i can safely report that IT DOES WORK.

And yes, it does have a better effect than snorting an equal amount (80mg) of Opana ER (ive tried that too). Plugging most likely has a higher bioavailability than snorting (as is the case with most, if not all, opiates).

Enjoy.

^ive never even considered plugging opana just b/c it works so well insufflated. im going to have to try this. right now.

Right on man... and you can see by mixing up your solution how much would be lost in your stomach. And I'm right there at the 240mg mark mysel,f but plugging a 20mg twice a day still does me nicely. So listen maybe you can help me with something. Medicaid pays for my Opana once a month. Retail cost for 60 20mg tabs at Kroger Pharmacy (Some pharmacies don't have a demand big enough to justify carrying it so prices may vary slightly) is about $457.00 which comes out to roughly $7.61 a tab. How much are you getting your Opana 10's for if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance! And Nikolai your right, I'd much rather be a lover than a fighter but some assholes just have it fucking coming and I'll be damned if some piece of shit is going to try to scare me off as a new member just because he's a fucking prick. He can kiss my red ass... no offense to you of course. Have a good rest of the week. ;)

Thought I'd bring this back up since I am more sure of costs now, from one major pharm anyway, and mg for mg Opana ER is much less expensive. I do wonder why since the instant release is just basically a regular pill while the extended release is a timerx pill. oh well

10mg IR = $5.50 per pill
40mg ER = $12.60 per pill

I've tried plugging opana er. I used 160F water, so there wasn't insane gelling. It seems I needed to plug twice the amount as snorted to get to the same level.

The high from plugged wasn't as euphoric, seemed more morphine-like, while the snorted high was more oxycodone-like.