• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

in my area it is now much easier to get opana er than any other opiate
and since its the strongest it just blows my mind how available this shit is

I seriously doubt even a person with zero tolerance can get hurt by one 40mg pill, no matter what they did with it.

I disagree. Someone with a zero tolerance who snorted 40mg of Opana and combined it with a couple of beers and/or a few benzos (not an uncommon mix) might well wind up ODing or choking on their own vomit. I don't have a tolerance but have taken Opana a few times: my normal dosage is 5mg. 40mg would have me sick as a dog and might well send me to the ER, and I don't use alcohol or benzos.

I'd say 5mg is a safe starting dosage for a newbie who has acquired some Opana: I definitely wouldn't go over 10mg insufflated for my first time even if I had a tolerance. You can always take more but you can't take less - and chances are if you are a newbie you don't have easy access to Narcan.

^^ Agreed.
A 40mg pill is MORE than plenty to hurt a naive user.
I've seen people with minor tolerances fall the fuck out with doses lower than 10mg.
The statement made by John_Burrows is not accurate & could get someone killed.
Please ignore his statement.
Nasally, Rectally, or Intravenously 40mg would in fact hurt a naive user.
If you are opiate naive & choose to use Oxymorphone my recommendation would be to stay at or below 5mg for a starting point.
Personally I would say below 5mg usually works good from my experiences with naive users.
A few that I've had experience with where overwhelmed with 5mg of IR for a first experience.
On a second try these friends found 2.5mg to be a better starting point.
As always it varies on the person but advocating 40mg's for a naive person & saying it would be harmless is counter to what BL is all about.
I haven't really been posting in OD since I quit my Oxymorphone habit
but seeing a potentially harm inducing statement in my subscribed threads I had to chime in.

I disagree. Someone with a zero tolerance who snorted 40mg of Opana and combined it with a couple of beers and/or a few benzos (not an uncommon mix) might well wind up ODing or choking on their own vomit. I don't have a tolerance but have taken Opana a few times: my normal dosage is 5mg. 40mg would have me sick as a dog and might well send me to the ER, and I don't use alcohol or benzos.

I'd say 5mg is a safe starting dosage for a newbie who has acquired some Opana: I definitely wouldn't go over 10mg insufflated for my first time even if I had a tolerance. You can always take more but you can't take less - and chances are if you are a newbie you don't have easy access to Narcan.

Someone with no tolerance just snorting 40mg's of opana would likely OD. Its not safe to claim otherwise. People with tolerances have gotten very sick off blowing 10mg's. Youre right, 5mg's is the amount for no to low tolerance.

All i have to say is i fucking love opana 40 mg ers. Crush it with a hose clamp works great. If you have no tolerance you should do only a 5 mg bump and see how you feel and maybe smoke a tiny bit off tin foil and you will feel great. You shouldnt do half a pill or all until uve been doing these for like 2 weeks straight everyday.
Dont listen to the ppl that tell you you will be okay doing 10 mg first time or more, that would be crazy.

I stand by what I said, which was a single 40 mg pill isn't going to kill anyone; but give me a break, combining it with other shit is of course a whole different story! By your logic we shouldn't give advice to anyone because, you know, sure, drinking one beer sounds safe, but what if they drink it blindfolded while driving? Someone could easily get hurt. Better be safe and tell people they shouldn't drink beer.

That's retarded. If someone offers an opinion on any subject it should be taken at face value and if anyone out there wants to misconstrue it to mean a 40mg opana is safe no matter what they combine it with, then that person is an idiot an isnt capable of protecting themselves. Seriously.

And ok, a 40mg opana snorted by an 8 year old with no tolerance might be in for trouble, but I still highly doubt it would do anything other than make a normal adult very high, or sick at worst.

If a single pill was so potent that, even misued, it could kill a person they wouldn't be on the market. Drug companies are terrified of being sued.

And lets remember I'm not suggesting anyone with zero tolerance start abusing maximum strength opiate pills right out of the gate - I simply offered the opinion that I doubt a 40mg opana is going to kill anyone. If a nubie out there just happens to read this really thinks it would be a good idea to take that as a challenge, we are once again going into "idiot" territory and natural selection.

Anyone who choses to mess around with drugs does so at their own peril and they are well aware of that. I give the vast majority of these people the benefit of the doubt in that they are smart enough to try and play it safe, which is why they are reading this right now.

There is no need for the community to bend over backwards with political correctness by warning people away from the super obvious.

I'm sorry John, but your last post is about as irresponsible as it gets, especially since you stand by your intial mistake after having it brought to your attention.

10 mg of Opana insuffilated can even make someone with tolerance sick. If 10 mg can do that to someone that takes opiates regularly, what do think will happen when someone with no history and zero tolerance takes 4 times that amount? Maybe that novice is kicking back after dinner - of lets say maybe a hamburger and fries. Nothing abnormal there, but double the effect easily from there.

Snorting Opana and taking the pills orally are WORLDS apart. 40 mg orally may be safe, but 40 mg snorted is far from even borderline safe for a first time user. You have enough experience that you should know better than to make such reckless statements.

^Orally Opana is supposed to be three times the strength of Morphine, which would mean 45mgs of morphine is equal to 15mg's of Opana, so no I wouldnt make that switch. I wouldnt make the switch even if it were for 45mg's of morphine. Opana has a equivalency calculator on their website which is below.

http://www.opana.com/hcp/dosage-calculator.aspx

Last edited:
what do yall think about opana for overall pain killing dosage of 2 20mg er a day and 5 10/325 norcos a day for breakthrough? is Opana good for chronic pain? and long term pain management?

^^Usually the more euphoric an opiate, the more effective it is for pain treatment. Fortunately Opana is consistent with this rule, with it's heroin-like bliss it is also very good for pain treatment. There are a select few who don't respond well to it, but for most it's PR ranks higher than oxycodone and close to fentanyl only without the dirty sedation.

Can someone school me on smoking opana?

Smoking opana is actually extremely potent. I tried smoking roxis a few times and hated it. Once I smoked opana i realized how hard it hits you and is actually fun once in a while. That being said I still snort my opana 999 out of 1000 times.

To put this in perspective, my tolerance is around 100mg a day, I usually snort 15mg at a time.

I completely crush up the opana. I know this goes against everything that is known about smoking pills. With roxis, OC's, i place the pill on foil and chase it. With opana, you dont need much to get smashed, so I place a 2-4mg powdered pile on the foil. Once I put the flame under the foil, the whole pile vaporizes immediately and you get a nice hit.

I suppose you could chase the dragon with the whole/part of the pill, put I prefer small hits that you can control better with opana.

^^^While this sounds extremely fucking euphoric, I can't imagine the long term effects of smoking all that filler including TIME-RX gel. My guess is that it sticks to your lungs for life. Even with the most potent opana pill (40mg), only 1/6 of it is oxymorphone.

However, if I can find someway to filter the smoke with some kind of liquid (bong concept), or with some type of material screen wedge in an inhalation tube, I would be willing to try this once. The key would be to trap most of the nasties into something that passes oxymorpone. Any chem-savy opiophiles here?

^^^While this sounds extremely fucking euphoric, I can't imagine the long term effects of smoking all that filler including TIME-RX gel. My guess is that it sticks to your lungs for life. Even with the most potent opana pill (40mg), only 1/6 of it is oxymorphone.

Yeah I've heard it's HORRIBLE for you. But.....I'm out of tar and I want a rush. I just want to smoke one, then go back to sniffing...

Can anyone else elaborate on this subject?

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Ive been using oc(80s) and oxycodone (30mg "blues") for around a year now. Started w 40mg every few days, obviously increased to as much as 150mg for just about 4months. I cut back to around 40mg Every few days bc I am interning. I take subs in between (mostly using oxy on the weekends). It still takes me around 70-90 mgs of oc/oxy to get pretty high, not just normal

I just got 2 20mg opana errs from a buddy and decided to give em a try. I licked off the time release, and used my scrapper to file off 10mgs of one of the tabs. I snorted it on an empty stomach. I'm about 30 min in and am starting to feel a little spacy. There was no rush like snorting oxy. It was a gradual onset, almost like eating the Oxys, but I snorted the oxymorph. I am not fucked up but definitely feel chilled out/a little out of it. I heard a full stomach greatly improves the effects so I just a ate a meal and drank a glass of milk and am going to snort the other 10mgs.

I just figured it seems less common to get these and for people who haven't dabbled yet I'd just document my personal experience. I'll post back after the next line

So I did the second half and I felt very nice. Lasted around an hour, pretty good euphoric high. It's been about 3 hours now and I'm just mellowed out. Not high anymore just mellow and comfortable as I would be a few hours after taking a few Roxis

So'as for my review on them- I'd say they were definitely worth a try, <snip>

**mod edit** no prices

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, Im not a mod, so take this as just a friendly reminder, buy we dont talk prices on here, only in the price thread which can be seen here.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=480752

It still amazes me that people claim they get a "rush" when snorting,chewin, smoking, or plugging. I have never gotten a "rush" from these ROA's. Now give me some dillie or heroin with a 1cc rig, then we have a rush, and once you feel that and know what a rush really is, anything smoked,snorted,chewed, or plugged will be what it really is, a BUZZ or "the fuzzies" i have yet to run into any opiate at any amount that rolls my eyes in the back of my head, siezes my whole body up, when administered in any other way then i.v......noObz8)

I got a prescription for (60) 40mg ER's and (180) 10mg IR's. I was never impressed. There is far too many inactives IMO in the opana ER's, and the IR's just lacked the rush that dilaudid and heroin has. They wern't as shitty as OC's, I banged 3 80's when I was pillsick and no rush, not even a buzz.

O><YCODONE- Might as well just chew them because its just a waste of time any other way when BIO is almost 90%. Also no true heroin like rush when injected.:eek::! I won't pay $<snip> for an 80, I can get them easily prescribed and passed.

Hydrocodone- I would piss on a pile of hydrocodone.:!

DIAMORPHINE- I would piss on a pile of this as well if there was no way to bang it.=D But definately good shit.

Morphine- tickles my viens, love that shit.

<3Dilaudid<3- I love more then P***y and beer.<3

OPANA- I was quite disappointed with this when I got my first prescription for this a year ago. Its not nearly as potent as they said it would be. I couldnt wait to try this when i got my first prescription. I found it lacked that rolling of eyes, massaging of muscles, god of the world feeling that heroin and dilaudid has. Dont get me wrong, I definitely wouldnt pass it up, as it is a wicked drug, its in my top 3 in third place. The only reason I gave up my script for it was because of its price at the pharmacy, something has to be damn good to cost that much, and it just isnt. I remember when I asked for a higher dose the doctor couldn't believe it, I was getting 40mgs every 12 hours, which he informed me was the highest dose. I wonder if it will ever come to canada....ot that i miss it....

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I rarely get a rush from any ROA either, outside of when Ive used through IV drip in the hospital. The closest thing I will get to a rush, and its rare, is sometimes I will get a feeling of euphoria and happiness over my body for a few minutes. Its hard to explain, its the closest thing to any rush Ive got, but that rarely happens, a handful of times in the 3 years Ive used. It wasnt the feeling experienced through IV use.

I get a quicker onset through different ROA's which I enjoy, but thats about it. I disagree with the theory of chewing oxycodone for the higher BA, I enjoy the feeling from railing them much more, and yes to me there is almost a different feeling between the two ROA's. I feel the BA snorting claimed is kind of silly because much of the amount that isnt absorbed intranasally will be absorbed orally.

I had a disappointing experience with dilaudid the times Ive used it, for me if the ROA is IV its great, otherwise Id rather have oxycodone. Every individual seems to have a different response to every opiate.

Last edited:
I suppose I should have clarified. I'm defining rush as snorting and within that 5 min having the drug hit you hard... ThAt sort of rush. Opposed to snorting opana where jts a gradual thing...

One thing I noticed is you get theses lugies that are all gel after snorting because of all the time release within ( not necessarily outside) the pill

Just blasted 15mg hehehe still like 60 mg of roxy better than 20 of opana