• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

official NHL 06-07 thread! (free agent signings updated on page 11)

Anyone catch that Detroit-Nashville game last night? It was a great game. A few lead changes and then overtime and then a shoot-out. Wings ended up winning. Those shoot-outs are probably the only rule change that I enjoy.

Went to the Wings-Avs game on Sunday. That one was pretty good too, but my Wings ended up losing in overtime... fuckin Osgood.

They have so many injuries right now.. Hasek, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, and Samuelson. And man, I cannot effing wait for Bertuzzi to get in the line-up. Luckily, Nashville has quite a few injuries too.

But honestly, I don't really mind if the Wings don't catch Nashville in the standings. Because if they don't they'll end up playing Dallas in the first round and we'll have no problem mopping the ice with them. If they do pass Nashville they'll have to play Minnesota in the first round and the Wings don't seem to do to well against those young speedy teams.

I can't wait for the play-offs to start.. God, I hope the Wings don't go out in the first round again... these last few years have been hard to swallow.

Hell yes. Sharks 3-0 over Minnesota last night. That's what I like to see. I can't wait for playoffs to start!

GO BUFFALO=D , It will be tough with the injury situation (8 starters out of the line-up):X

ihateecstacy said:
. That one was pretty good too, but my Wings ended up losing in overtime... fuckin Osgood.
Being a Sens fan...I would caution you on pinning your hopes on Hasek. He's as old as time and doesn't play unless he is "100%" healthy".

...damn Hasek...:X

^yeah but the wings won a cup with osgood in net back in 97.... and hasek in 02.... so as long as zetterberg holmstom and datsyuk keep producing, and if calder and bertuzzi play well, i like our chances.

They will be a threat. Just like just about any of the top 4 or 5 teams in each conference that make the playoffs. It is going to be a great playoffs. Can't wait.

ryanlaughlin said:
have fun!

Didn't have much fun at the SABRES game (lost 5-1:( )But the girl that was sitting next to me, was VERY HOT!!!!!=D

hell yeah!

the other day at the jackets game, i was in the seat RIGHT beside where all the pepsi girls were hanging out. they were seriously making it difficult to watch the game, and its VERY difficult to divert my attention during a jackets game. haha.

A friend of mine gets company seats, all the time =D I wouldn't go to the games, if they weren't good seats!! (i'd rather sit on the couch, than sit in the NOSEBLEED sections;)

keiths31 said:
^is it easy to get good seats at the games?

easy... yes. cheap, no. luckily, working in the columbus region, my job sometimes provides us with half priced tickets through the company.

there's no way this would work with some of the more popular teams, but if you want really cheap ass tickets, and you're going by yourself, just do the scalper thing.

I haven't done it this year, but last year I stood outside the MCI center and got tickets 3 times. I just asked everyone I saw if they had extras, and I scored upper deck tickets for 5 bucks on two seperate occassions. and one time toward the end of last year, I got a lower level for 10 bucks! the professional scalper guys didnt like me stealin their business, but fuck them, they're just out there for the money anyway.

EuPhOrIa89 said:
Go Ducks!

Yeah, they look good.

I'm glad the Lightning won't have to deal with them in the playoffs - at least not for like another month and a half ;) !

It's going to be an exciting last week of the regular season that's for sure.

faris said:
just sneaking in to say GO THRASHERS! :) hopefully the trades we just made will pay off....

i hope to glad we clinch the division.... i think it'd be fucking rad to have a division banner in philip's arena. glad to see other atlanta fans are around, too.

With Atlanta's loss last night, the Bolts are just 1 point behind the Thrashers.

The Lightning can get 2 points on Friday against the Panthers, they've got the lead and ONLY a win on Saturday can get the Bolts out of their 3rd division title in the last 4 seasons.

Should be a good one Sat. night, eh boys?