• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you watched ET play in the NBA at all?

dude is the same type of player as tyreke but with no athleticism whatsoever and he talks like fucking Meatwad from ATHF

I hate his face
Some third party is affecting your option of Evan Turner, he is an asset and cheaper as well as more of a team player than Evans. He might not have the stats but he can be a good glue guy if he works on his confidence. Too much Philly knee-jerk radio for you my man.

ok bro the Chiefs are going 9-7 this year too right?

No more like .500. I don't listen to the hype, just player interviews, their organization, and our competition. You don't understand how stacked we are besides at QB and a good coverage corner.
We had the most pro-bowlers in the league last season and got better. Let it go bro.

also had the most murder-suicides in the league last year

both of those stats don't equal success though

also had the most murder-suicides in the league last year
that shit is out I line bro. It affected the whole city and shook the organization to its core. Imaging Scott Piolli and Romeo watching him blow his dome off point blank.

I haven't cared about the Chiefs since Priest Holmes retired and LJ forced his way out of the city and NFL really

Would also like to see Dwight Howard in Atlanta teaming up with Shane Larkin.

Rights to Larkin just got traded.
Howard will go to Houston and win a title within 4 years.

Larkin is going to be a perennial all star. Teams will punch themselves in the nuts for not having drafted him.

Larkin is going to be a perennial all star. Teams will punch themselves in the nuts for not having drafted him.

Damn straight.

The combine proved he was the most athletic player in the draft. He is simply undervalued because he is a little bit under 6'0. But he has a 44 inch vertical, so that makes up for it.

I like Brad Stevens but I'm not sure he can be successful in Boston given the recent run with KG-Pierce-Allen etc. Next season is a wash but 14/15 better be a playoff berth.

Mike Miller is amnestied and everyone in Miami is freaking out. "It's all over, Lebron is out after next season because of our cheapskate owner." Over and over again. I can't believe some of the stuff I'm hearing.

It's beccause you have the worst fans in team sports history.

lol... you have to be kidding. Shane Larkin will never be an all-star throughout his entire NBA career. Not even once. 100% guaranteed.

What a crazy trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...lyn-nets-agree-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-deal

So what does Brooklyn's starting five look like for next year?

C: Brook Lopez
PF: KG
SF: Paul Pierce
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Deron Williams

That sounds pretty fucking solid. The EAST will have some brutal competition next season.

Yeah definitely a good team for the regular season... 50+ wins sure i'll give you that

But when the playoffs come around do you honestly think this team is going to be a threat? No they don't stand a chance
You're going have injuries and I'd say there is a pretty good chance that won't be their starting lineup in the post season.

Anways the bigger deal is Igadoula going to the Warriors.. They are going to be sick next year. Also I'm so happy Josh Smith went to the Pistons. Detroit might be able to sneak into the Playoffs next season

Last edited:
Damnit 23536 come back, I need to talk NBA with someone

And what do you think about Lebron and Melo teaming up with Kobe in 2014? Think it's possibble?
Honestly the only way I see it happening is if Kobe bounces back to regular form this coming season... which is still very questionable..

Kobe is one of my favorite players, I'd love to see him come back and win MVP.. but right now I'm very skeptical

Just imagining the NBA without Kobe is weird... and it's definitely going to happen within the next 2-3 years.

Damnit 23536 come back, I need to talk NBA with someone

And what do you think about Lebron and Melo teaming up with Kobe in 2014? Think it's possibble?
Honestly the only way I see it happening is if Kobe bounces back to regular form this coming season... which is still very questionable..

Kobe is one of my favorite players, I'd love to see him come back and win MVP.. but right now I'm very skeptical

Just imagining the NBA without Kobe is weird... and it's definitely going to happen within the next 2-3 years.

Not going to happen. Only way LeBron leaves Miami is to go back to Cleveland, and even that is doubtful. As in, never going to happen doubtful.

Nobody leaves a franchise that just won them multiple titles. Even if the Heat don't win it next year, they won it the two years before that. The Heat would have to be more than one year removed from a title before LeBron thinks about jumping ship again. And the Heat, as a franchise, is very good concerning the treatment of their players, encouraging a very high degree of loyalty in return. It's so good at it, that cutting a gimpy Mike Miller and saving $30 million was considered a big deal, because it is so out of character for the franchise. If any other NBA franchise cut Mike Miller, nobody would give a shit.

The NBA was without Kobe last year, IMO. Kobe ain't Kobe no more. He still puts up nice stats, but he already lost a few steps. It's only a matter of time, for any player. He should have retired after the injury. The NBA has moved on.

Although it does seem like a smart move to pair him as mentor for Deron Williams, does anyone find it weird that Jason Kidd is having his first rodeo as head coach of a veteran studded title contender?

Not going to happen. Only way LeBron leaves Miami is to go back to Cleveland, and even that is doubtful. As in, never going to happen doubtful.

Nobody leaves a franchise that just won them multiple titles. Even if the Heat don't win it next year, they won it the two years before that. The Heat would have to be more than one year removed from a title before LeBron thinks about jumping ship again.

Then why doesn't he silence the rumors and speculation by stating his intention to remain with the Heat?

Lebron should be revered in a way similar to how Jordan was revered by the entire world during his heyday. Instead, he's widely considered a scumbag (or worst). He has people constantly talking to him about how he'd be beloved if he were a Laker (which is probably true, the Lakers being the Yankees of the NBA). If his narcissism is steep enough, that narrative may strike a chord.

Riley stated several times that he wanted to keep the whole team intact. But Arison still amnestied Miller. That hints at divisions in the Front Office. Can a divided FO keep Lebron away from LA? Granted, LA has its own divisions, but they're still LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.