• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he was shooting the ball...... im no basketball guru but im pretty sure youre not allowed to knock a guy over when he is shooing the ball.

Saw a replay of it last night. It looks to me like he got a clean block, and then his hips didn't run into Ginobli until long after the play was over. That is the very definition of incidental contact. His hips running into Ginobli like that had absolutely no effect on the play. People get knocked over in basketball, and it isn't a foul every time it happens.

Go heat!!!

Damn straight.

I died a little bit inside last night, before Ray Allen resuscitated me. I still can't believe that really happened. That fouling shit never works. Ray Allen was the best free agency pickup of the offseason, across the NBA. Allen is the consummate professional.

Saw a replay of it last night. It looks to me like he got a clean block, and then his hips didn't run into Ginobli until long after the play was over. That is the very definition of incidental contact. His hips running into Ginobli like that had absolutely no effect on the play. People get knocked over in basketball, and it isn't a foul every time it happens.

When I talked about the hip check thing I was referring to Bosh's blocked shot vs green at the very end.

The Ginobli non-call was a completely blatant foul, really no arguing it.

looking forward to Game 7, gotta say its been kind of predictable so far though

I think game 7 is going to be a classic though

When I talked about the hip check thing I was referring to Bosh's blocked shot vs green at the very end.

The Ginobli non-call was a completely blatant foul, really no arguing it.

Sorry, I said Ginobli instead of Green but I meant Green. That was a clean block.

The Spurs do not ever make this shit easy.

The bastards are going to take my Heat down to the wire and cause me all sorts of undue and unnecessary stress. Motherfuckers.

what a game

can't remember the last time I was this into a sporting event

The Spurs do not ever make this shit easy.

The bastards are going to take my Heat down to the wire and cause me all sorts of undue and unnecessary stress. Motherfuckers.

It was all worth it. This one was more satisfying than last year's, possibly more satisfying than 2006.

This was on the ipod today when I finished my run: I knew it was a heat omen.

Cannot remember the last time I saw Tim Duncan crack that much emotion during a game after that ergh missed shot and tip in towards the end. Great series though.

If TD retires, this was a great way to hand off the torch to Lebron.

So it looks like the Kings are going to draft Burke, Oladipo, or Zeller. If they got Burke I would be so happy, but I'd rather see him go to the Pistons
I really hope he doesn't get drafted by the Hornets.

Also this:

Michigan sophomores Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III both had opportunities to leave campus and play basketball for their country this summer.

But both opted against it, instead choosing to stay home and continue to develop with their teammates at Michigan.

"They reported here last June 27 and we went all the way through April 8," Michigan coach John Beilein said. "(Playing for Team USA) is a major commitment, and the one thing we don't want is them going (only) because I want them to go and they don't want to be there.

"They had some other opportunities to grow this summer, and they chose to use those."

Robinson was invited to tryout for Team USA's U19 squad that will represent the country in this summer's FIBA U19 World Championships.

McGary, meanwhile, was invited to tryout for USA's World University Games team, a group Beilein is a part of -- serving as an assistant coach.

Both players would have had to spend at least one week away from campus trying out for the respective clubs, and then up to two more weeks competing in Europe.

Instead, Robinson and McGary will participate in NBA skills camps this summer -- just as Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr. did last summer.

Robinson will take part in the Kevin Durant Skills Academy (June 28-30), an event in Washington D.C. for the country's top 10 wing players. McGary will play at the Amare Stoudemire Big Man Academy (June 24-26) for the top 10 centers/power forwards in America.

Both players will then have a chance to take part in the elite LeBron James Skills Academy later this summer.

"They're working at their games," Beilein said. "It's good for them. They have opportunities with some of these camps to (get better), just like Trey and Tim did the year before. They chose to do that, I'm fine with it.

"As long as they're working, I'm fine with it."

Shabazz is the next the next Tyreke Evans. Kind of mediocre at some spots but a swing 2-3 that can effect the game given the proper supporting cast. K-love(if he goes to Min) will pick up a ton of rebounds and swing it for a perfect 14-17 ft shoot.

damn I forgot the draft was even happening tonight

76ers in rebuild mode

im telling you now more than ever they should clip Evan Turner and get tyreke

or just clip ET ffs

damn I forgot the draft was even happening tonight

76ers in rebuild mode

im telling you now more than ever they should clip Evan Turner and get tyreke

or just clip ET ffs
They just traded Jrue Holiday, they can't pick up someone that can't pass. Why so much hate for Turner? He's not a starter but a better fit for your team than Evans. You got Nerlens Noel as a Center now, plus cap space.

Simmons reacting to Anthony Bennett getting picked at #1
ioASoDT.gif

have you watched ET play in the NBA at all?

dude is the same type of player as tyreke but with no athleticism whatsoever and he talks like fucking Meatwad from ATHF

I hate his face

Status
Not open for further replies.