Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - July 24 & 25 - Splendour in the grass - REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ATM is the lil $ sign in the circle on the map ;) 3pm is fine with me on sunday but someone will have to remind me lol.

as for saturday... i say we just all get together those that wana and watch Franz Ferdinand for our meet up cause there isnt really much spare time on Saturday btwn acts :\ iono...not unless we have a eet before the first act we wana see. the doors/gates open at 12pm and the first one isnt till 1pm so theres no reason why we cant meet before anything starts...

if anyone wants to meet pm me and i will give a time and date...otherwise i wont bother :)

my cars pretty much set. i have a map of vic, nsw and qld...cause i cant find one with where i wana go on just one map. i have a sydney street directory incase i get lost...alls i gotta do now is some food shopping, pick up eski, tent, sleeping bag and pack and get the car then thats it.

BRING ON thursday!!! =D

count me in for the sunday meet fo sho...

if u havent recieved a pm from me already, and u wanna meet... PM me... i will be online for another day, b4 i leave for the green pastures of Byron Bay :D

*starfalls69* said:

oh apparently astrosmurfs brother(?) is playing there (Cut Copy in the Splendid Lounge Bar at 8pm Sunday) to so i rekon we should go see them play to (if they fit in to my schedule) ;)

you're half right starfalls. my bro is in Cut Copy, but they are playing from 2-2:45pm in the mix-up tent.
the 8pm show in the lounge bar is just Dj stuff which my bro doesn't do, but it'll still be good to watch (unless i watch the second half of the de la cruz show :p)

*twiddles thumbs*

well im all packed...finally...got 6days worth of food and tent and everything else...

but im sooooo anxioussssss...i just want tomorrow to be now so i can start my holiday!...

see you there peoples =D

*starfalls69*
Hey i pm'ed you my mnumber a whiole ago.. do you wanan text me with a meet up location..l i'll be ofline fropm now on..

thanks see you all there.

wel, it hasnt started yet, but i hit the town a bit hard last night, it gave me a good king hit this morning...

getting pretty amped now...

Current Scoreboard...

Alcohol 3
matty 0

Sweet news. I'm staying in Byron untill Monday. My mates and i are going to Polly Harvey's secret show *not secret anymore* on sunday. Though i'm gunna have to do some major bullshitting to uni, i'm supposed to be at a hospital at 9am monday, fuck it... i'll do it next week... I'll do anything for PJ Harvey

Well, it is the morning of now,im at my camp site, having my last food for 2 days...

this shit is going to be tops, went to Adam Spencer/Dr Karl last night... cant wait for the next 2 days...

twas great i had an excellent time great vibe great bands great people

where did u camp officer chops?? i was at the byronbay tourist park

twas a great two days fun had by all my liver is really doing its best to dampen my memories (or lack thereof) of my "splender bender weekender" (<- a concept my friends came up with in a tent in the wee hours of saturday morning)

was there from friday to monday arvo - easily one of the best (long) weekends of my life. Much love to the splendour 2004 crew ur a bunch of champions. Much randomness and stomping to be had by all - spent alot of time at the funkin' tipi circle (or doof tents as they became known to alot of people) did anyone see that mad little dude on sunday dancing up a storm right up front of the tipi circle? once again, great event - hope to be there most years for years to come.
BIG double thumbs to franz ferdinand, top set. sonicanimation for getting me stomping like a man possesed, and my all time favourites: GRINSPOON, i've missed them so many times, such a *BUZZ* to finally see the boys rock the bay to it's foundations, and to top it off THEY PLAYED CHAMPION! Wo0o0o0o000000o0o0o0T! xavier rudd was also a wicked surprise. The list could go on forever if i could remember half the things i saw. was up there with some of my best mates, goddamn i'm on a natural high just remenising (spelling?) the weekend, and it's monday night! who else can name the top shows/sets/locations that they found themselves hanging around. i was pretty much pixie boy, floating from place to place trying to soak up as much as i could. so yeah highlights for everyone?

=D Loud247 =D

money mark was absolutely fucking amazing...such a massive surprise, i'd never even heard of him but was told to go and see him. damn fine decision coz yeah, he/they were fucking amazing.

ash understandbly kicked arse!!

i

9:45pm Tuesday ...

IM FINALLY HOME

Well what a week/weekend...

Pulled into Byron at 6am on thursday morning... (i was staying at the Arts Gallary) basically fucked around for 2 days doing a lot of nothing...

Saturday -

I think the first thing on the list of things to do at splendour was to get drinks... stupid long lines and having mates in the front of them was tops... and also scaring the fuck out of Starfalls was even better...

Met up with Grunef had a few beers, got our merch, and then went walkabouts... i saw the end of Xavier Rudd, he was sounded great, wouldnt be able to tell u what he looking like coz i was all the way up the back... then Franz Ferdinand... They were so good... all up to about "Take Me Out" where me and the other 14,999 punters left them... Doodled over to the mix up tent, where i was planning to spend the rest of the night, Infusion were great live, then there was a DJ set (i think it was bexta), this is where Dizzee Rascal came out and blew away anyone in distance of hearing him, what a great show he put on... another DJ set (pretty sure it was Katalyst) then 1200 Techniques came out, saw about half of their set, when it came to breaking point, and couldnt hold my piss anymore, which meant i had to sacrafice my spot on the fence... where Ozomatli were going to walk straight down to... but anywayz... fucked around till Ozomatli came out... WHAT A FUCKIN BAND... these guys just are the best fuckin band ever... well... some what... Fuck knows what they are saying in their lyrics... but the show they put on is well worth the few dollars spent to see em, they dance, they laugh all in unison while on stage, it was complete and utter bullshit... after this, met up with Grunef again for another beer, then i headed back into town where my camp was...

DAY 2
The somewhat Official Bluelight SITG 2004 meet...
If you wernt there u missed out big time... all 5 of us had a great time ... (lol)

*starfalls69*
harasser
astrosmurf
SkInLaB
0ff1cer_ch0ps

We all got to have a good old chat... then we went down to watch Cut Copy, very very good stuff right there... (tries to think where he disappeared to after this) i think i fucked around for a few hours just boucning around here there and everywhere, then i saw Pete Murray, just as i thought he would be tops, i was split between seeing him or the Hilltop Hoods and my crew were going to see him so he won in the end... more fuckin around and just yeah doing nothing, then i finally got to see Grinspoon again, the last time i saw them was at Falls Festival 02/03, and it was a very drugged fucked Phil, so it wsnt the greatest of shows, they started with their new song "Hard Act to Follow" and the place just went nuts, they started playing a few of the old songs and they were just yeah... GREAT... Till *puts hand in back pocket... WALLET MISSING* i was on a pretty big high while watching grinspoon, and the world come down on me like a ton of bricks when i noticed my wallet was missing, i went over and saw a bit on Sonic Animation to get this dreadful happening out of my head, they were great, i thought i would run down to Lost and Found and report my wallet was GONE... As i was walking back into the grounds ran into SkInLaB, who really helped out (thanx again champ). Ran over and met my mates at Jurassic 5, i have never seen a place jump around as much as the ppl at splendour where when they were on stage... my mates had enuf and fucked off home, when i ran into Grunef. who was really into it up the back of the tent... Went back over to the Mix up tent when J5 finished, they had a DJ playing just basically spinning tracks of artist that had played over the weekend, and a few old classics.

To Kel, Anth, Erin, Will, and Scott - Great meeting u guys, im sure SITG-05 will be bigger and better...

All in all, great fuckin weekend, besides my lil misshap (o yeah, i got my wallet back, they rang me on monday) cant wait for next yr, im actually going to try and convince the group that came up with me, to go down to falls for new years...

um yes... i have dribbled enuf shit now, time to go back to my nice, warm, big, comfy bed... not come shit air mattress in a cold fuckin crap wet tent...

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
also scaring the fuck out of Starfalls was even better...

yes yes...and you did it soooo well to lmao. its hard for people to fuck with my head but you did it. pity i was such a space cadet (as you put it) all saturfday...i think that was the day my driving and the fct i was drunk by 10am caught up with ne...but no regrets *dances*

well where do i start?! how bout the fact i drove over 4000 KILOMETRES!!! just to get there and back 8o =D

but it was soo much fun. i really needed a holiday and talk about a top event :D and the poepl emade it even better.

to begin with i thought we had camped next to the hippies from hell ;) but they prooved to be awesome...it was the two chicks on the other side who at 2am in the morning after our drive from me,bourne decide to fuckin blast beastie boys out their stereo...while i lay in the tent giggling at the fact i hope their car battery died

so after gettin there friday round 2pm (i think) and settin up the tent and wondering down into the local town for booze and dinner it was go to just relax.

the mini meet saturday was top fun and sundays was even better. specailly dancing to cut copy. (SkinLab did i mention you have gorgeous hair?)

i checked out franz ferdinand but after deciding the tent was to smokey and jam packed we sat down on the grass outside to listen. ive never seen so many people cram into a tent...but so Franz rocked!

then i chekced out Spiderbait but didnt hear all of them cause i didnt really want to so i went on another fidning drinks mission nd tryin to play have a beer tag with officer chops.

what was fun though was when me and harraser also checked out bexta (yes believe it or not we listened to all of Bextas set) now theres a girly dj whos lookin dammmm fine *drools* shes adorable and she loves crowds to. i havent heard any of her stuff for ages but she still managed to take me on a trip down memory lane with her style.

then i fell asleep :( i missed pj harvey :( next time i will stay awake though :)

sundya was spent wondering the markets and palying in the rainbow stall and the juggling stall and i saw Dashboard Confessional which was awesome to.

so all in all a top night. we left Belongil Fields at 5am Mondya morning to beat the traffic and got back to Sydney 3pmish and left sydney yesterday and got back to Melbourne last night at 10pm.

so bring on next years!!!

on a side note: i will cross my fingers i get away with this holiday without one speeding ticket :\ cause im pretty sure i will get one...or two...or three...

harraser (insert love hearts here) you made the trip even more worht goin. *mwah and lots of loves*

officer chops i will get you back for the scare dont you worry.

skinlab it was good to meet you but i think we had met previouslly somewhere

grunef...dude sorry we didnt get a chance to meet (i think we didnt)

astrosmurf...youre a cutie ;)

Hey all,

Sorry i didn't come for the meet up. After 10 hours of driving we were maggot faced. Franz Ferdinand put on a good show. Wasen't surprised Spiderbait played their classics. Though they did do a long version of Black Betty.

Now, to the Queen of the night, boy did she play some awsome songs. She looked like she was on something too. She had the mannerisms of Nick Cave. Maybe she's been hanging out with him recently.

We went to the secret show which was at the Great northern. That was an outstanding show for $55. I can't believe people "boo'd" cos she didn't do a second encore, what do you expect for $55.

I must say i absolutely loved Byron Bay. Now i know what everyone has been on about. I actually felt like i fit in there, unlike the suburbs of sydney. I will definetly be making a trip up there again, just not anytime soon. My butt is still recovering from the drive.

After 10 hours of driving we were maggot faced.

wine wne wine ;) i drove over 4000ks (around 23hrs each way. i was the only driver to!)just to get there and back but as you said...it was well worth it. Byron is a lovely town and i fell in love with it to. The eople there are so friendly and i also liked the fact they are very into keeping the environment clean eg the bin ya butts and less plastic bag thingy they had goin.

so so true... byron is just another place ay, i said to my mates on the way home... in sydney (or any major city) everything seems to be "One minute too late" but while ur up there, nothing is rushed... everything is just layed back and enjoy the ride and shit.

I defintely feel in love with Byron while i was up there. and also wanna head back sometime in the near future... just gotta get myself some cashhhhhhhhh.

*starfalls69* - Did i ever see you sober :p

^^ Word

Oh yeah, we saw Tyrone Noonan from George whilst we were there. What a slut, 5 girls hanging off him and all... all i wanted to know was where his sister was!

Did anyone else see Jay Whalley from Frenzal Rhomb there...

or was it only... i dribbled heaps of shit to him aswell, he was also at c-m00gs for the krafty kuts gig on the friday night...

Big Lanky mother he is

*starfalls69* - Did i ever see you sober :p[/b]

...*thinks*...i dont think so. i think i always had either a beer or a can of Jack Daniels in my hands ;)

...and come to think of it i thought i saw the dude from Frenzal there to. who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.