Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - July 24 & 25 - Splendour in the grass - REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
*starfalls69*
Last year i ended up buying a weekend pass on the day for a bit less than $50...... so if its not a huge drive just turn up and ask around....

cheers,
Hope to see you there

Grunef said:
*starfalls69*
so if its not a huge drive just turn up and ask around....

...i am in melbourne...i wouldnt come all the way there without holding a ticket lol...

but guess what???

I JUST GOT ME TWO TICKETS TO THIS!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!

officailly excited now!!!!!!

omg i cant wait...

it looks like myself and harraser will be driving all the way from melbourne 8o 8o 8o (should be interesting) ;) but im gonna suss out other forms first of transport...but i cant wait! 20hours in a car lmao...

thanx to astrosmurf for bidding on the tix for us
24.gif

*excited!!!*

^^ not a problem sweets, i just can't wait to party with you!!

there will definately have to be some BL splendour action.=D

Lucky BASTARDS! I went two years ago and loved it.

Goddammit I have definitely got to go next year.

astrosmurf said:

there will definately have to be some BL splendour action.=D

bwahahahaha!!! u know how to make me laugh ;) *this could be very interesting* =D

well i/me+harraser are driving the whole way now *shudders*20ish hours...loooong drive.... i will be stopping in sydney half way and sleeping...

is anyone driving up from sydney that would like to play highway tag with me? cause i may get lost :\

New Roll Call:

0ff1cer_ch0ps
SkiNLaB
astrosmurf (sunday)
grunef (sat+sun)
missfunksta
Riot Grrrl (saturday)
IWoody
*starfalls69* (sat+sun)
harraser (sat+sun)

Last edited:
put me down for sat+sun and for those who don't know (friday) krafty kuts at c-moogs in byron. I'm driving up a week or so before with my g/f

( who i met at splendour 2 years ago so its sorta aniversary time )

and then making a mission to nimbin on the monday.
should be fun.

i'm available for week long fun =D no, i live in the area you sicko's!!!

also, i thought i mentioned it before, but don;t take ANYTHING to nimbn with you...stash it by the roadside if need be. coz whilst chances are you won;t get done by the cops for anything its best to keep in mind that the cops are pretty much out in unseen force during splendour, especially in nimbim.

grunef...not sure if i'll make it to c-moogs as i just cann stand the place (not the music, more the claustrophobic atmosphere) but if people are up for it post when you'll actually be arriving in byron and we might be able to organise a post-splendour meetup!!=D

from what my sources tell me... im leaving LATE wednesday night and starting our drive up... we will be at Byron on thursday... i got a family visit to do on thursday night... but from then on... Im free... i really wanna go 2 Nimbim on the firday... before the event... so i kinda remember what the palce is like... I will be up for it... if i can borrow my mates Tarago (50% sure) i will drive/co-drive if we wanna organise a road trip to nimbin... anywayz... YEH... MONTH AWAY PEOPLE... :D

well sooo far so good...

*tix have been paid for :)
*now waiting for them by registered post =D
*should get em sometime this week =D

well at this stage we are leaving Melbourne late thursday night and arriving in Sydney friday morning.

note: i will not be able to do any catch ups cause i will be sleeping

then we will leave Sydney refreshed (hopefully) Friday night. depending what time it starts saturday but we will probly get up there real earlly and find somewhere to eat breaky and find a park for the car near the place.

as for saturday night...not sure what we're doin yet lol will hopefully find somewhere to sleep *crosses fingers*

SPLENDID AND SEDUCTIVE SOUNDS
The Splendid Lounge Bar, Phunken Tipi Circle and outdoor Cinematic round up for 2004

This year’s SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS may have sold out in record time, but it just keeps getting bigger and better! With two days, two stages and almost 40 acts already announced, we’re back with the SPLENDID LOUNGE BAR line up and in a welcomed return, the PHUNKEN TIPI CIRCLE low down during Byron’s winter oasis.

Nestled amongst the smorgasbord of international restaurants, the SPLENDID LOUNGE BAR is open to all ages (patrons wishing to drink must be over 18 ) and will be decked out with a host of DJs providing a seamless mix of old skool sounds and sexy beats coupled with an eclectic energy and funky fun across the weekend. As a curtain raiser on FRIDAY 23RD of JULY the lounge and restaurants will be open from 7.00pm to midnight for ticket holders only. Spinning the platters that matter will be Brisbane’s popular FLARES.

On SATURDAY JULY 24TH the SPLENDID LOUNGE BAR sounds will be courtesy of local legends C-MOOG. After two years of hosting the most memorable gets downs in Byron Bay, C-MOOG is firmly established in the local dance scene. Calling in it’s all-star cast of DJs, get it on with a twelve hour session playing Lounge Funk and Sexy House to Hip Hop, Breaks and beyond. Line up includes DJs WALLOPOLOOZA, AUSTIN + WILLJAY, NOODLES and NOEL BOOGIE.

Sydney’s infamous DEATH DISCO crew will be at the helm of The SPLENDID LOUNGE BAR on SUNDAY JULY 25TH. Resident vibe meisters PHIL SLAG and NAT will bring a swag of DJs and special guests such as CUT COPY, TWISTED SISTERS, MAT LE ROCK, THE PRESETS (+ more!) - playing a debauched mix raw ass rock, perky pop and bleepy electro.

After a year’s hiatus, the PHUNKEN TIPI CIRCLE returns to the 2004 event. A popular hang, where punters can meet, chill out and dance together under the stars. The best local DJs will perform in the PHUNKEN TIPI CIRCLE with a line up featuring DJs K8 and TEAPOT, SCOOTER, NICK TAYLOR, SHELFLIFE, JACKIE ONASSID and more on Saturday 24TH. While C.P MILES, PIP, CHALKY, CURLY, ROCK HARDSON and STRAWBERRY SYME amongst others will do the honours on Sunday 25TH.

But wait, the Splendid entertainment doesn’t stop there. From punk gigs to posh picnics and world festival stages such as Glastonbury, Edinburgh and the Big Day Out - Splendour welcomes RUMPELSTILTSKIN, whose performances have made him a cult star. This highly original, and totally unique fool of comedy takes you on an extraordinary visual and aural extravaganza. Yule tide anyone? Christmas in July? Why the hell not.…. take the time to visit BAD MUTHA SANTA, and tell Santa what you want for Christmas (but be careful what you wish for! He is a bad mutha afterall).

International Installation artist Clint Hurrell returns having created a SPECTACLE SCULPTURE SPACE using his unique collection of monumental art works, the two Crystals Towers, the Hand of Glass, five Tetrahedrons Stars and the big top Chandelier. THE SCULPTURE SPACE will come alive at night with an awe-inspiring array of lighting and special effects to complete the mysterious esoteric atmosphere.

And finally for those who fancy taking a little cinematic break during this two day, three-night extravaganza, look no further than Splendour’s very own on site outdoor cinema. Movies will be viewed on FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY nights. Movies will include recent releases and old favourites

that was just all stolen from the site...

yes, only 3 weeks away now...

cant wait, i should really start saving and not just hope that my tax return will be in...

you're in luck riot, the dissociatives are playing on saturday. if you like the dissociatives, you should definately try and see the presets too, (two of the guys from the dissociatives), they absolutely rock a thousand times more that the dissociatives.

as starfalls said, they don't announce the timetable til about the week before, but here's a list of what bands are playing on each day.

saturday
PJ harvey
DKT/MC 5w/ evan dando/mark arm
franz ferdinand (who i really want to see:( )
spiderbait
the dissociatives
electric six
ozomalti
xavier rudd
fiery fernaces
dizzee rascal
the tremors
sneaky sound system
infusion
1200 techniques
groove daley
acre
katalyst
bexta
slinky
DJ wallopolooza
(DJ?) austin+willjay
(DJ?) noodles
(DJ?) noel boogie

sunday
jurassic 5
grinspoon
ash
dashboard confessional
pete murray
rocket science
hilltop hoods
cut copy (thanks for the free ticket guys =D )
snow patrol
eskimo joe
the herd
vanlustbader
ground components
sonicanimation
money mark
james de la cruz (is gonna kick arse :) )
DJ peril
death disco
twisted sisters
mat le rock
the presets (these guys rock, and julian looks like todd from 80's neighbours {tristian schmidt for anyone who loves their neighbours trivia })

...yes, i was bored and had little else to do

Last edited:
i vote we throw stuff at dashboard confessional... i d/l a few of their songs... if that isnt the most whingiest shit i have ever heard may someone shoot me down...

Sorry if there are any DC fans out there... but not my flavour... SORRY

i vote we throw stuff at dashboard confessional... i d/l a few of their songs... if that isnt the most whingiest shit i have ever heard may someone shoot me down...

*gasp* how bout we throw shit at YOU! ;) just kidding. they are one of the bands i want to see %) =D

well i booked my hire car today :D woot! even without a credit card they lent one to me :D

so no more organsing to do apart from getting there :D

yay for 23hr ish drive!!!!! *starts planning an eye spy game*

People Goin:

0ff1cer_ch0ps
SkiNLaB
astrosmurf (sunday)
grunef (sat+sun)
missfunksta
Riot Grrrl (saturday)
IWoody
*starfalls69* (sat+sun)
harraser (sat+sun)

i just hope it doesnt rain the whole time we r there cause we are camping... :\

yeh im going looks great im really looking forward to the hoods and xavier rudd oh oh and franz ferdinand

im driving up early on the friday mornin can someone give me details of the krafty kuts show on at c moogs

not long now peeps, the timetables should be up this week... so hopefully we will be able to organise something :D

WOO! Dissociatives on saturday!!
Did anyone check out Rage on saturday? Had a very young silverchair hosting Rage with some pretty good songs.

Back on topic. Looks like we'll be leaving at about 3am on saturday morning. Gunna need ALOT of coffee and cigarettes for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.