Now open for business: Bluelight Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch-22 said:
If you want to advertise your external weblog at Bluelight, you can put the address in your profile using the "Website" line and/or submit a link to the Links Database's "weblog" category. That allows for localized advertising as well as a centralized list of all external journals maintained by Bluelighters.

Thanks - I didn't realise we had a weblog catagory in the Links DB - should have RTFM.

onetwothreefour said:
just a query: any chance of having some icon to signify if we've commented in someone's journal? just like the icon that tells us that we've posted in a thread, it would be good because i always forget, and would like to see if it's prompted a response of any kind. not the most important/exciting thing though, so...whatever :)

just wondering about this...don't mean to hassle though :)

This is pretty cool...i've been thinking about starting an online journal and wasn't really sure as i write in old skool (paper and pen in books) and i stumbled across them accidently when someone in a thread added a link to theirs...so i started one =D

I'm a bit iffy about putting all my personal thoughts down for all to view but i will slowly add more to mine as i feel like sharing :)

Thanks

would it be possible to have the option of hiding your journals from non bluelight-members? don't we do something like this for the community forums already? just curious.

also i LOOOOVE a_t's new comments suggestion. that would be kick-to-the-mothafucking-ass.

Right, it's all been running without big technical difficulties and it's all going smooth so I'm going to wrap this up! Some responses to feature requests:

onetwothreefour said:
just a query: any chance of having some icon to signify if we've commented in someone's journal?

No. Would be nice to have if it was part of the original software, but not worth the effort to add it ourselves. Perhaps in the future, but it is not on a to-do list.

Amazon Bee said:
would it be possible to have the option of hiding your journals from non bluelight-members?

Yes, this will become an option in myBL that you can switch on/off.

Originally posted by abrasive_twat
could there be some sort of button that lets you search for "all unviewed comments" so they just get pulled right up on screen?

No, at this moment it is not stored which comments are viewed. Perhaps in the future, but it is not on a to-do list.

Originally posted by dreamgirlie19
now the onlllly thing i care bout is emails with comments haha

Email notification of comments will also be an on/off option in the control panel.

We will put up a notice on the journals page whenever new features are changed or added. Everybody, thanks for commenting, and don't be sad if your wish didn't come true :)

Again, thanks to the developers, moderators and the project leader ;) for making this long awaited project a reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.