• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Racetams

So I was doing some reading on aniracetam since I am planning on picking some up and according to Wikipedia aniracetam works on 5HT-2a

This shows that aniracetam's anxiolytic mechanism is facilitated by D2/D3, nACh, and 5-HT2A receptors.

As this is something I will be planning on taking on most days I'm just wondering if this is enough to cause a tolerance to psychedelics with prolonged use, or if it's so light that it does not really affect anything. Sorry if this question seems basic or stupid, I live in the world of mechanical engineering, not pharmacology, but it would be interesting reading people's responses either way.

how often do you take your aniracetam? i heard its half life is surprisingly short (3hours iirc)... so whats your regimen with it?

what are the best natural sources of choline?

I think aniracetam protected me from serious brain damage yesterday when I got t-boned by a car on my bike and flew like superman, then landed about 12ft ahead and slammed onto the asphalt, with my wrist and then face/head absorbing most of the blow. I think I was mildly concussed, as after I walked away from the accident my vision started tripping out, it looked like some trippy shiny fluid leaking into my vision. I called 911 and they checked me out and I was alright.

I just have this feeling the aniracetam did some good, I feel pretty good today, except for some ankle pain and other scratches.

I think I was mildly concussed, as after I walked away from the accident my vision started tripping out, it looked like some trippy shiny fluid leaking into my vision. I called 911 and they checked me out and I was alright.

I just have this feeling the aniracetam did some good, I feel pretty good today, except for some ankle pain and other scratches.

I have had that exact same thing happen to me when I took a pretty hard blow to the back of my head but could never really describe it to anyone.

I think aniracetam protected me from serious brain damage yesterday when I got t-boned by a car on my bike and flew like superman, then landed about 12ft ahead and slammed onto the asphalt, with my wrist and then face/head absorbing most of the blow. I think I was mildly concussed, as after I walked away from the accident my vision started tripping out, it looked like some trippy shiny fluid leaking into my vision. I called 911 and they checked me out and I was alright.

Go see a doctor to make sure there isn't delayed brain damage occurring. Sometimes symptoms of a serious brain bleed take a while to show up if the bleed is slow enough.

Bleeding in the brain and increased intracranial pressure (pressure inside the skull, usually from a brain bleed or the formation of scar tissue on the brain) is a possibility.

Do you have any strange bruising under your eyes?

It usually happens when the impact to the head is hard enough that the brain rattles around and sort of ricochets off the skull, first hitting the front and then hitting the back.

Check for bruising behind the ears, too. It's called Battle's sign. This is no joke.

Yeah, it's pretty common that over the course of a couple weeks subjectively noticeable effects seem to subside, up to the point where the stuff seemingly doesn't do anything at all anymore. But that may not be true necessarily. I believe that piracetam continues to increase certain intellectual faculties you just stop noticing the slight buzz most get at the beginning or any further increase in capacity it just stabilizes your brain at a certain point of somewhat higher efficiency. Piracetam has als long term effects if you take it for a prolonged timespan which endure even after skipping a couple doses. This also may help creating the impression that piracetam doesn't do much after a while. Many people cycle piracetam with other nootropics or stop taking it for a while after taking it for a few weeks, until they are able to discern immediate subjective effects after taking a dose.

I'd like to think I haven't built up a tolerance to Piracetam, but with the constant additions of other Nootropics to my stack I can't honestly say if I noticed its effectiveness at the current dosage declining.

I recently added Sulbutiamine to my nootropic stack, it has really been doing a pretty decent job with what I had hoped it would. I ordered it primarily for the mood elevation benefits that it claims to have, as well as to help ease my shyness and it has been working. From what I've been told I've become a bit more social this past 2 weeks which is what I was aiming for considering the line of work I am in involves constant communication between customers, potential customers, vendors, and other employees. Definitely a great mood boost!

I think the tolerance is mostly to its most pronounced effects (or better said, the novelty of it) and a sign of getting used to the level and modus you are operating on. Considering there is no true pharmacological action that we know of (not sure if AMPA modulation counts), I don't think there is downregulation, that sort of thing... Not that I am rejecting that tolerance is possible, but with the information I know it doesn't necessarily fit. Maybe there is a new balance in your brain and mind that sets in, but the benefits and general effects should still be there. I think you call that psychological tolerance...
Maybe you did experience actual tolerance ZenPit, but subjective reports are unfortunately not conclusive or reliable to go on.

On another note, I am having some issues (very sensitive to anxiety and depressed among other things), and I seem to have a hard time handling the effects of choline (citrate / bitatrate), noopept and aniracetam. I get nauseous much more easily, it just feels weird drinking a shake containing my supplements - feels nasty sitting in my GI.
Also things like aniracetam put me on edge a litte. Not actual tension but I just feel pushed and driven. That sensation becomes almost so strong that it distracts me and nullifies any helpful effects. Although I would still argue that I learn and play the piano better and making music (also producing electronic music) are now basically the main reasons for me taking nootropics.

I'll just wait until I feel better and less sensitive.

But sol, you just came off a benzo habit, yeah? Racetams were a no-no for me for a while after doing such. Made me very anxious.

But sol, you just came off a benzo habit, yeah? Racetams were a no-no for me for a while after doing such. Made me very anxious.

That might be it, I did some assays to check this and I guess I am not nearly ready yet. Same with alcohol: until my tendency to get anxious drops, I should limit my intake.

Today I drank a shake like I usually do (slow and fast degradable proteins, dextrose, complex carbohydrates, creatine...) but without the choline and nootropics. I think I still got a bit nauseous so it seems something else is going on...

Ama, how long did it take for you to be able to partake in such things?

i take piracetam every now and then, seems like a waste but im not sure. not that i was expecting much.

I honestly haven't felt much of a difference when taking Piracetam. I generally stick to high levels of DHA, medium dosage of Vinpocetine, medium dose of DHEA, high levels of Acetyl L-Carnitine, moderate to high dosage of Pregnenolone and a moderate dose of DMAE.
I was however, curious if anyone here has any input on pretty recently discovered Alzheimer's drugs that are apparently showing evidence of growing new neurons in the Hippocampus and even possibly increasing the size of it?
P7C3 (Which is possible to get)
NSI-189 (Pretty much impossible to get your hands on)
I've done alot of reading on these two, and I am aware they aren't considered Nootropics, but I've seen many posts where people go "outside the box" and just wanted peoples input on these kinds of "wonder drugs".

I heard of piracetam on here and I can swear in the past two months I have been taking it I have experienced nothing but positive effects. It's spawned an entire new initiative in me that I haven't felt in a long time.

qftw. been using piracetam for ~2 weeks now. seems to be the best antidepressant, motivational drug I've come across. (and there were many)
I'm not euphoric about it - which is a +, cause if something feels too good to be true it usually isn't. piracetam does work though. it does work.
I've also been using rhodiola and a "mind&memory"-combo mainly consisting of gingko, omega-3. this also has noticeable effects. but the piracetam really does a great job.

only side effect I noticed is that it gives me weird rashes sometimes (on the knees mainly). it somehow doesn't feel like a primary effect but like an overreaction to something else triggered by the piracetam... and it fucks with my sleep. like: 4h of sleep for 4 days in a row and I'm still going fine. which is not necessarily negative but strange (for me)...
it makes me considerably more productive, confident and open to the world and other people. if I take too much (like on day 4 2400mg in the morning was too much) I may find myself in an quasi euphoric mood, trying to manage 5 things at once and also communicate them, attracting some (negative?) attention by my professor...
it's interesting how accurately piractam tells you what dose is appropriate. self regulating...

I'm really looking forward to combine piracetam with some nice psychoactives in the serotonergic spectrum... (first: aMT next week :) )
there might be some actual healing potential.

qftw. been using piracetam for ~2 weeks now. seems to be the best antidepressant, motivational drug I've come across. (and there were many)

it makes me considerably more productive, confident and open to the world and other people. if I take too much (like on day 4 2400mg in the morning was too much) I may find myself in an quasi euphoric mood, trying to manage 5 things at once and also communicate them, attracting some (negative?) attention by my professor...
it's interesting how accurately piractam tells you what dose is appropriate. self regulating...

I'm really looking forward to combine piracetam with some nice psychoactives in the serotonergic spectrum... (first: aMT next week :) )
there might be some actual healing potential.

Just followed your lead and did a mega dose of 2400 mg of piracetam with 600mg of Alpha GPC. I standardly take a gram of piracetam 2-3 times a day, never this much all at once. I know it can't hurt! Will let you all know how my ten hour work shift goes. Probably smooth and efficiently.

yesterday I had 15mg IR aMT ("social dose") and got my hands on a 2c-B pill (untested but quality source - dose probably ~20mg) at t+3. I shared half of one (sublingual) with my buddy who took a whole one before and was unsatisfied. after 15min it got quite challenging for at least an hour or so. it took me more than 2h and some weed to finally cope with the STRONG bodyload. limbo between "I wanna be at home and chill and not move at all" and "I wanna socialize and dance". did the latter and it was quite enjoyable - very, very enjoyable at times...very "emotionally-analytic" too.
~14h before sleep was possible...
surprisingly strong experience given the low dose of both compounds. (daily piracetam regimen might be a factor though)

^ interesting!

has the piracetam regimen resulted in greater concentration & memory?

has the piracetam regimen resulted in greater concentration & memory?

yes. piracetam is great. to concentration and memory I'd also add: mental resilience, confidence, intellectual clarity and anxiolysis. I'm hesitant to not call it a 'wonder drug'.. ;) [you need to "work" with it though]