• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Racetams

The taste of piracetam is beyond horrible :p
In my capsules (size 0) I can get like 400-600mg of piracetam.

So I've heard of this new thing called NADH.. Anyone have experience with it?

I've never heard of it, where have you seen it before?

To any and all aniracetam users: I'm strongly considering switching from piracetam to aniracetam, but I haven't heard enough about it to be sure about the switch. Is it as mild as piracetam in terms of side effects? For reference, I use piracetam for overall cognitive boosting. I'm mainly looking for supplements to improve my memory and improving my conversational skills.

^ I take aniracetam daily, but have been favoring noopept lately. I have also tried piracetam, with minimal results. Aniracetam is a very great nootropic, I have given it to my older friend (52) and he thanks me for it literally on a daily basis. Focus, anti-anxiety, color saturation enhancement, visual sharpening, better memory/dream recall, the list goes on. It is a great tool when one loves to do drugs as I do, as it greatly curtails many negative side effects of various psychoactives, even alcohol.

I would strongly suggest you make the switch.

^ I take aniracetam daily, but have been favoring noopept lately. I have also tried piracetam, with minimal results. Aniracetam is a very great nootropic, I have given it to my older friend (52) and he thanks me for it literally on a daily basis. Focus, anti-anxiety, color saturation enhancement, visual sharpening, better memory/dream recall, the list goes on. It is a great tool when one loves to do drugs as I do, as it greatly curtails many negative side effects of various psychoactives, even alcohol.

I would strongly suggest you make the switch.

Thanks for the feedback man, it sounds like its well worth the extra money. You say you prefer noopept though? How come?

So recommended dose is 3200 for piracetam?

I'll look into it. Anyone know if 800mg twice daily would be an effective dose? I've read people taking up to 3-4 grams

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt you have read of people taking 3-4g of noopept. People usually start with 20-30mg/day if I recall.

If you're talking about piracetam, then yes people have taken that much. I find it to be a bit excessive however.

Yeah was talking about Piracetam. Anyone found any effect with 800mg twice daily? or need higher doses eg 2-3 grams

Well...I personally take anywhere from 3.2g to 4.8g daily (Piracetam). As to Noopept, there isn't really a lot of research on it, and I've read many mixed reviews. It's hard to even find "hard" data on it, until I get a chance to look into Noopept further I won't consider it. I've taken at the minimum a day 2,400mg (2.4g) and still felt the effects of Piracetam.

Switching from Piracetam to Aniracetam wouldn't be a bad thing, you wouldn't have a new set of problems waiting for you (side effects and such). I think the two work together really good, Piracetam with it's GABA stimulation combined with Aniracetam stimulation of AMPA. If you do decide to try Aniracetam, definitely hold onto a few Piracetam capsules to take with it so you can see for yourself. I posted a link earlier in the thread that has a research page with a downloadable PDF discussing all of the Racetams, as well as having webpages describing Aniracetam/Piracetam.

With piracetam I only need about 1000 mg (1 gram), I found aniracetam to be significantly better qualitatively though.
You should take a choline source together with your racetam. I just take choline citrate but there are better ones available. It doesn't have to be expensive andyou avoid headaches and other effects of choline depletion that way.

Dude, just try a dose and see how it works for you. Drugs affect everyone different, some people need higher doses than others. You'll never know what is right for you unless you take it. You don't need to ask the same question a dozen times, especially since I've already answered it. :\

Last edited:
Yes, just start with 250 mg, wait like an hour or two, then add another 250 mg, wait again, if nothing, add 500.
If still nothing happens, try 1g at once another day, if nothing happens add another gram later and perhaps another gram after that.
At some point you should start noticing a difference.

I wouldn't spend effort answering your question again if it wasn't for something I want to add to this: be sure to engage in activities that require your cognitive faculties. So in other words: do something where you have to multitask and function well mentally, being sharp and clear-headed.
I discovered that it can be very hard to notice piracetam is working if you're just sitting around doing nothing. Though when I first tried piracetam, it was very evident to me there was a significant effect. For others, it seems harder for them to detect. I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to things, I don't know.

Please if you have other questions, make them ones that are not covered ad nauseam already plenty of times. Read the rest of this thread, then at page 1, the first post has a link to the previous edition of the Nootropics Thread. Then read that whole baby. If you still have super basic questions that are answered multiple times in these threads and can be found through a single google query, then you may be in need of that piracetam a whole lot... ;)

haha true i suppose i should cut down weed intake also for it to be of any benefit

Hahaha yea cannabis can be bad for memory. I partake in it occasionally but it hasn't been obstructive towards their goals with Nootropics usage. With cannabis, I would suggest definitely not to use it with the Nootropics as it doesn't "stack well", however the high from Cannabis is still enjoyable and increased in the manner of "intuitive thoughts" yet the overall purpose of increasing memory and thought processes is still somewhat defeated.

I would suggest limiting your use of cannabis, to necessary times whether it is for anxiety or relaxation purposes. Considering Cannabis is reported to limit and reduce your short term memory, which in my opinion defeats Piracetam's reported "memory/thought absorption" properties.

It isn't bad/harmful to take Nootropics with Cannabis. But you must keep in mind the effects of cannabis usage and how it could cause Nootropic results to differ from what one would expect or want. If you use cannabis daily, you should consider maybe cutting back a little just to see if the removal of cannabis causes a more positive effect with the usage of Nootropics IMHO.

Last edited:
Yeah will try it as hard as it will be i know no point taking Piracetam if smoking weed..see how i go

ZenPit, we don't allow the use of SWIM here. It doesn't protect you and it makes posts harder to read. Please edit your post :)

Good post though and I agree that in general if you're using nootropics for their intended use of improving cognition and brain function, using weed or various other drugs that impact the memory and other cognitive functions is just going to make your use pointless. I don't think it's bad if you smoke once in a while but if you've got a regular habit that'll defeat the point of the nootropics imo.

Anyone tried Piracetam in combination with 5-htp? Also, anyone tried the liquid form of Piracetam?

Sup nootropicheads? Quick question, I mean I tried google-ing this shit but it's really hard to get a straight answer since nobody else appears to be in my situation. Only, you would think it'd be a lot more common. Basically, I want to preload 1600-2300mg of Piracetam for a few weeks before rolling because the last time I had tried this I preloaded for only one week and I rolled harder than I have in 2 or 3 years and I took random street Molly found at a festival. Which is unbelievable for somebody like me who has a legendary perma tolerance because they fucked up back when they were less educated.

Anyway, so I also am prescribed Vyvanse to take daily. Which is pretty much pure d-amphetamine, combining with doses of Piracetam every day will apparently jack my tolerance up to an extrenuous amount but also potentiate the amphetamine somewhat. Apparently you aren't supposed to combine the two very often or you could fry some sort of specific receptor up and increased exposure to neurotoxicity occurs. Read a horrifying story about someone else who didn't use google and learned the hard way, however being the thread was like 20+ pages long nobody seemed to be able to prove the theory that the combination of prescription amphetamines and piracetam daily is actually that harmful.

The last time I preloaded with piracetam before rolling I had to go the entire week without my Vyvanse, having taken Vyvanse for a very long time now it's pretty hard to function without it. I also have a lot of daily responsibilities and things I need to keep up with that I didn't have to deal with before starting the Vyvanse, but ever since I have taken it upon myself to do all kinds of productive shit throughout the day. Now it's pretty hard to do without my meds, so I would like to take the vyvanse while preloading but I also want to know if that's even effective, or if the dose of vyvanse I take with the piracetam just inevitably ends up negating the preload build up I worked hard to produce or if it will even end up potentiating the MDMA at all because of the daily use of my vyvanse. Again, it's really frackin' hard to go without it.

I'd normally just research this kind of thing myself or post on some nootropic forum but those people are pretty fucking mean when it comes to people who don't know much about their favorite subject. Not sure why but I sense a lot of hostility coming from those forums so I decided maybe asking here would yield some useful results. thanks in advance!

I've found that Piracetam works wonderfully with LSD and can be a very useful method of making tabs go further. I used about a teaspoon of Piracetam with three tabs of LSD of about 80-100 µg each. It dramatically increased the visual component of the trip. I have an unusual resistance to LSD and every phenethylamine I've experienced (2c-I, 2c-C, 2c-B) which requires me to take at least double the dose any of my compatriates enjoy. I require 50-60 mg of 2C-B to achieve the same experience others may get from 20 mg. And with LSD, 400 µg sends me to a place for which 150 µg can be sufficient with others. Adding Piracetam to a 240-300 microgram trip made it feel much closer to 500- 600µg. Fractal patterning does not tend to appear the way it did for me (static clouds moving unnaturally fast, trees warping, etc) until around 500 µg. I highly recommend trying this when trying to conserve meager tabs, or to enhance a large experience. Looking forward to trying this technique with my normal dosages. Has anyone else experienced this combination?

Anyone found they built up a tolerance to Piracetam?