• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Racetams

^ I've taken both coluracetam and fasoracetam - honestly I wasn't blown away by either, but coluracetam when I first took it I did notice a significant mood lift, but it's also quite short lasting, which a perceptible fade after just 4 hours or so. That said, I also found aniracetam to last a pretty short time, maybe even less. I would say aniracetam has a stronger anxiolytic effect however for the 2-3 hours during which the effects are most noticeable. My main reason I don't take aniracetam more often is that it seems to have the greatest impact on my sleep than any other racetam, and I did not notice this effect from coluracetam.

Fasoracetam is an interesting one, again I'd be hard pressed to point to anything significant but I've actually been taking it before sleep for the last week or so, maybe 80mg or so, in an effort to combat phenibut tolerance, although I have no idea if it's supposed GABA-upregulation and potential reduction in tolerance to GABA-ergics is anything more than unfounded reddit broscience. However it doesn't seem to interfere with sleep like any other racetam I've taken, although it's given me some really vivid dreams. I've taken it in the day too, that said, with somewhat mixed results - some days I think it gives a mood lift of sorts, and it does seem to last longer than a lot of other racetams, without the perceptible fade that I find some of them to have.

The most impressive of the new racetams I've tried has to be Cebaracetam however, ie, RGPU-95 (I think) - it's an analogue of Phenylpiracetam that supposedly may have a less steep tolerance curve and some other as yet unstudied activity. My own experience reflected this, in fact I found it to have a far more significant mood lift that Phenylpiracetam ever did, and the tolerance increase does appear to happen more slowly - although I only purchased a small amount, and was fairly conservative with my experimentation so I can't say for sure that these improvements would remain apparent both long term, and past the initial excitement and possible placebogenic effects of trying a new chemical.

I have heard that amantadine increases lucid dreaming, anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks vastness :)

That is helpful info! How do those besides aniracetam affect sleep? Doesn't cebaracetam affect sleep if it is an analogue of phenylpiracetam which is pretty stimulating?

I wouldn't take it before bed, but other than that I don't remember anything too significant, again I didn't use it for very long but Phenylpiracetam I find behaves very similarly to a classical stimulant as far as it's effects on sleep goes - ie, it probably would make it harder to sleep while actually under the influence, for at least 6 hours or so, but after that I can sleep fine. Cebaracetam as far as I recall was the same.

This is in sharp contrast to aniracetam for me, which had effects on my sleep which seemed wildly out of proportion to the quite short duration of acute effects... if I redosed a couple of times in a day, when it came to trying to get to sleep, even when it seemed like it should have completely worn off, I'd find myself constantly waking up, intermittently feeling really energised and really physically exhausted, just obviously something out of whack with whatever neurochemical systems should be keeping me sedated... it's strange, the first few times I took aniracetam, but only the first few times, I actually found it really sedating to the point I almost fell asleep in the middle of the day a few times, which I never usually do.

Interesting.. who knows, aniracetam might act as an orexin or melatonin antagonist or something like that, or at least might as an after-effect / withdrawal symptom ?

I'm definitely gonna have to look into cebaracetam!