• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Racetams

Did any of you start with considerably lower dosages? I previously experienced some agitation & mild aniety with paramiracetam & noopept. On this go round was think ~10mg noopept, 150-200mg pramiracetam & maybe 250-350mg aniracetam, all possibly split up over 2 daily dosages. Any thoughts on this? I'll also be taking citicoline as a choline supplement. Contemplating also adding some huperzine, probably inquire about that separately in the broader noot thread though.

Hmm how long have you been taking Nootropics? Or specifically these? With Pramiracetam I slowly increased the dosage, have you considered either Sulbutiamine, or centrophenoxine?

I haven't taken any in a while actually. When I experienced what I would describe a a mildly mentally uncomfortable state I was taking 20mg noopept & 350prami. Was thinking reducing overall dosages & adding aniracetam for its purported anxiolytic effects might be more manageable. May start out a little lower than the dosages listed above.

Random unrelated question, how long do the effects of smoked/vaped piracetam last?

Halved my piracetam intake to 400mg. Continue to note no change whatsoever.

Last edited:
Halved my piracetam intake. Continue to note no change whatsoever.

Good to know, Morkin. Thanks, bud.

(Editing because I realize that tone doesn't convey via text, and I am not being sarcastic. lol I was wondering if this would be something I would benefit from, but I'm thinking not.)

some ppl have tried this and say it is very nice! The onset seems to be faster and the effects stronger but the duration very short (think it was about 1-2h) and the urge to redose very strong...

some ppl have tried this and say it is very nice! The onset seems to be faster and the effects stronger but the duration very short (think it was about 1-2h) and the urge to redose very strong...

piracetam crack 8(

Well, yes, with this ROA you are much more prone to getting more intense effects faster and crashing much more quickly as well. Hence the urge to redose. You see the same in people who smoke cocaine-freebase (crack) and methamphetamine.

Intense effects? Urge to redose? Are we talking about the same piracetam here?

I haven't taken any in a while actually. When I experienced what I would describe a a mildly mentally uncomfortable state I was taking 20mg noopept & 350prami. Was thinking reducing overall dosages & adding aniracetam for its purported anxiolytic effects might be more manageable. May start out a little lower than the dosages listed above.

Random unrelated question, how long do the effects of smoked/vaped piracetam last?

I think it lasts a lot shorter, I read about it on both Longe and Reddit, and I think it was like half of the time normally it would but much more stronger.

It could be the Noopept? I'm going to be ordering some noopept soon once I scout out someone who sales capsules. I never really noticed a negative effect on my mood when it came to Prami, but I have read across a few boards that it can cause some "numbness". Aniracetam is pretty good, and it really does seem to have a anxiolytic effect, try it with either some Sulbutiamine or L-Theanine. Those two are both really nice mood boosters, and also work nicely with most Racetams.

Thanks for the tips! I'll look into it. Definitely gonna post results once I start nooting again.

Just got my Neuro Blast Phenylpiracetam in on Monday and have been using it without the rest of my usual nootropic stack and so far I'm fairly impressed with how strong it is as a cognitive stimulant or enhancer but even more impressed with how true it is regarding the information that Phenylpiracetam can increase physical stamina and endurance. I've been taking it in the evening before doing my cardio and evening studies, and I'm able to get a few (nothing spectacular) extra laps in on the track without feeling any more tired or drained than normal).

AMD what noots have you been snoopin on lately?

I've started taking Piracetam. I initially did an attack dose of 2,400mg/twice a day with 300mg Alpha-GPC in the morning. I felt focused, not as pronounced as dextroamphetamine, and more creative almost immediately, but had the infamous brain fog. I became depressed quickly in a couple days and cut both Piracetam and Alpha-GPC. A few days later when my mood went back to baseline I decided to try just the Piracetam as it seems as though Alpha-GPC is the more likely culprit for inducing depressive-like symptoms. I've been attack dosing 4,800mg/twice a day for the past 3 days and I've noticed no effects. If anything I've noticed being sleepier and less alert throughout the day. I'm not having the aforementioned brain fog, however. I'm not sure if this is seasonally induced or if it's the Piracetam.

I'd like suggestions on my dosing, if sleepiness is a common side effect for Piracetam users, and if I actually need to take a choline supplement as it did more bad than good for me.

I have the same problem here. Piracetam makes me sleepy. I'm going to had choline but find the right dosage is tricky! More isn't better than not choline at all... (headache, sleepiness, irritability...)

And did somebody tried to mix piracetam and DMT (low to medium dosage)? What can I expect?

Last edited:
I've dabbled with piracetam and DMT about a year ago. What surprised me the most was the onset time: one time I would start to feel it (and had to put down the Machine) before I could even exhale my first toke, whereas usually (without piracetam) I could take 3. Other times I might have been able to sneak in a second toke (not sure if the piracetam dose mattered, or if it was simply the amount of DMT inhaled), but piracetam definitely makes DMT hit me quicker. And considering I wouldn't inhale as much DMT as usual, the trips were pretty strong and certainly more visual, so there's potentiating too. Can't remember if the overall duration changed.

But the weird thing about racetams is that they work vastly different for everyone. Piracetam is my favourite by far (how I wish I had access to a bulk supplier), but aniracetam on the other hand doesn't do much for me. For others it's the exact opposite. And those side effects of piracetam you mention don't affect me at all, so YMMV is certainly applicable here.

Anyone else tried phenylpiracetam? Been taking 150mg a day and like it quite a bit.

I'd like to try combining a racetam with DMT, mostly to see if it enhanced recall. The few times I tried smoking DMT I really don't remember much of the details. Chikkenstorm, what were your findings in this regard?

I'm also wondering if there's any reason to think that MAOI and racetam should be counter indicated? as in the case of smoking changa while on a racetam for instance. Or maybe if a racetam was ingested earlier in the day before ayahuasca. Any one got any speculations on this?

2002Tii, yeah, phenylpiracetam sounds really good, I'm considering getting some. But from what I read best effects are gotten from not taking it everyday, but just when needed.

Hey all

Who of you is taking racetams right now, specifically the newer developed ones?

I'm running low on aniracetam and wonder whether it would be an opportunity to try one like coluracetam or fasoracetam. It's been so long since we discussed this... there has to have been some development in the community regarding something of a consensus? (For example back when I tried various racetams and landed on aniracetam, aniracetam was also getting good responses from others it seems)