• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Campaign to snuffle shuffle in Sydney picks up pace

vanth said:
I think what DFRS was saying is that whether or not someone is doing the Melbourne shuffle can be objectively determined. It is a particular type of dance with a specific style and steps, as it were. I don't think she was saying "You must do the shuffle exactly right or you suck really badly".

aha...........that maketh much sense.

trancegirle said:
I think i know the type of clubs they are probably talking about, the ones where noone dances and the aim of the night is to stand around looking pretty :\ fun. Im guessing shufflers stick out like a sore thumb so they are trying to correct their "image".

The promoter who's started the campaign promotes for Soho...

So yes, you're spot on :)

Splatt said:
That is not the melbourne shuffle.
Its a poor attempt to do the running man which alot of hardstyle hasters call the angry running man stomp. I t sahould be banned because its obnoxious and stupid and requires hardly any skill, especially at that BPM

Just as EDM has evolved, so has the shuffle. I think from 1:00 to 1:25 in that clip is a fantastic example of the current shuffling that we are seeing in clubs and raves alike.

Raz said:
I guess what I'm saying is it's a fucking dance move, not neurosurgery.

The whole point of dancing at nightclubs is to enjoy yourself, not to pick apart someone because they don't meet your exacting standards. If somebody is out there having a good time and not hurting anybody, why does it matter whether they're shit or not? If they say they're shuffling, they're shuffling. It's not like you have to meet some kind of standard before the Dance Police give you a little badge saying "congratulations, you are now a MELBOURNE SHUFFLER." 8(

Spot on Raz. :)

Dancing is an expression of yourself and I think if you're trying to meet some standard, the purpose of dancing may be lost. Each to their own I guess. :)

Hi y'all!. I've been reading this thread and the inthemix thread(The Melbourne Shuffling Sheep Virus) on this. I just wanted to see if I got it this right.

The following videos are the runningman style and not the Melbourne shuffle. Yes?

I'm starting to think that I've never even seen the Melbourne Shuffle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzRiFDmR8R8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gst23bjMcFY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltY3Cftjww

The last video is the better one, if ya only want to watch the one video.

and I'll throw in this one just because I like it: (not sure what to call it)
old skooll sydney shuffle

Last edited:
Well its not the shuffle i remember them doing... but im old ;) Looks more like a cross between th Highland fling , moonwalking and the charleston from the 1920s =D Only thing missing is the swords the silver glove and a flapper dress :p ;) =D

Hell... i just try to move and stay on my feet.. Must admit, i do a mean chair dance :!

IWillHostIt said:
Hi y'all!. I've been reading this thread and the inthemix thread on this. I just wanted to see if I got it this right.

The following videos are the runningman style and not the Melbourne shuffle. Yes?

I'm starting to think that I've never even seen the Melbourne Shuffle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzRiFDmR8R8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gst23bjMcFY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltY3Cftjww

The last video is the better one, if ya only want to watch the one video.

It's still the melbourne shuffle. Incorporating the running man is what gives it more of a sliding effect and is a good way to switch feet.

In those videos it looks like a 40/60 split (shuffle to running man).

Really though, the posters claiming that a sense of "purity" has been lost because the 'kids these days do too much running man and not enough shuffle', is a petty thing to hate on.

edit: deleted unnecessary ramble.

Last edited:
I saw a guy at the club doing this last Friday. It looked pretty cool and he was teaching other people to do it.

But the funniest thing was he was peaking so hard he went to take a sip from a drink which the staff had removed from the table like 5 minutes ago. He got the imaginary glass raised right to his lips before he realised he was holding nothing. Haha :)

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I wish I could post footage of my boyfriend (will_rave) shuffling. He is very good.
I am not meaning to brag with that either, but yeah he is a lot more interesting to watch than the footage posted. He can tell stories with his dancing. I am searching for some better shuffling flicks.

Yes he can shuffle...but i THINK the shuffling prize would have to go to superbass an old school bler. He was pretty outstanding. I can shuffle...just choose not to.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I repeat, the melbourne shuffle is just like ecstasy pills - was very good back in the day.

ohhh that means your jaded.

we should have a get together at a nightclub for a back to the day night

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I repeat, the melbourne shuffle is just like ecstasy pills - was very good back in the day.

How long since you've been clubbing did you say? Was it 2 or 3 years?

Oh but, you've obviously done extensive research of YouTubes databases.

^Aww, getting offended much? Hmm.... someone's a little touchy about their dancing it seems.... ;)

Considering the scene is mainly dominated by meth now days, my statement is called for. It's a completely different vibe now. And I counted back properly and it has been 3 years since i have been raving - that's really not all that long. You can get all hissy at my opinions all you like, I have valid reasons for them though.

But it wasn't the dancing and the shit drugs that have completely turned me off the scene. It was also the music. If I could open up my own club, I would play psy in one room and OLDSCHOOL hard trance in the other. And if anyone did the running man they'd be kicked out.

I still respect the shufflers of today for still keeping it up, but the running man has to go.

Last edited:
I see. That's what I'm prying at though, what the opinions are based on...

Experience? Word of mouth? YouTube videos? The Media ("the scene is run by meth now")?

The problem is, it hasn't even really been objectively decided whether pills were better back in the day than they are now (by back in the day, I don't mean when they were legal). As the key issue of tolerance and simply getting older seems to be ignored by the jaded collective. So I'm as doubtful over a similar blanket statement about dancing.

I want to see drugfukkdrockstar shuffle at a doof ! At least there would be no need for talcum powder, with the dust and all :p ;)

Ps... I love a great doof :)

Last edited:
drugfukkdrockstar said:
I still respect the shufflers of today for still keeping it up, but the running man has to go.

Look I hate arguing over a dance move. But the running man is just a part of the shuffle. It's used to change feet when shuffling traditionally.

It seems to me that what you dislike is the stompy aggressive version of the shuffle, not the running man...

But even then, it's just another style, that should be hated nor loved no more than any other. Banning a style of dancing because it doesn't fit in with the rest of the crowd completely goes against what the essence of dancing is supposed to be about.

Rated E said:
I see. That's what I'm prying at though, what the opinions are based on...

Experience? Word of mouth? YouTube videos? The Media ("the scene is run by meth now")?

The problem is, it hasn't even really been objectively decided whether pills were better back in the day than they are now (by back in the day, I don't mean when they were legal). As the key issue of tolerance and simply getting older seems to be ignored by the jaded collective. So I'm as doubtful over a similar blanket statement about dancing.

Okay dude, that's all fine and dandy. I am a fair bit older than you so I therefore have seen both - the older days and the newer days. So yes I am speaking from experience. Remember, when I first started partying you were only 11 years old. Times change and I am aware of that - am I wrong in saying meth is more often used now days than pills are? I don't think so. And also am I wrong in stating that meth is indeed a much more of a fucked up drug than ecstasy? I also don't think so, and if you were to disagree on that then you need to get your head checked.

Rated E said:
Look I hate arguing over a dance move. But the running man is just a part of the shuffle. It's used to change feet when shuffling traditionally.

It seems to me that what you dislike is the stompy aggressive version of the shuffle, not the running man...

As I stated, stompy is FINE when it's done properly! Must I keep repeating myself with you. God damn. lol

This little argument you willing started all came about me finding some guy broadcasting his every tiny bit of improvement of his shuffle on the internet somewhat amusing. You don't think he is aware that he will be amusing whoever stumbles across his videos? I think he actually has a lot more of a sense of humour than yourself.

Personally I haven't seen that many methed out clubbers. Maybe it's the places I go to though, I'm not sure, I don't frequent trance clubs so maybe that has something to do with it.

^Righto - so we're not even on the same page. Nice one dude. Next time before you get all hot headed, make sure it even applies to you or the clubs you go to. 8)