• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Campaign to snuffle shuffle in Sydney picks up pace

Raz said:
I mean it's really in the eye of the beholder whether you're shuffling or not, isn't it? :\

Well.... not really. It's got a pretty distinctive look and flare about it.

Can one of my BL support crew pipe up and support me when i say the dance i'm seeing on all of there youtube links is just top rockin?

Because i have consulted with the schematic chart that came with the NYC Braekers 12 inch vinyl and the dance looks the same.

so are we really waxing lyrical about a dance from 1978?

but i guess we are talking about Melbourne =D

The only cool way to dance is to keep your hands at your sides and your eyes looking at the ground. Then every three seconds you take a drag from your cigarette.

gothdanceyj9.gif

lil angel15 said:
This is a better example of shuffling. Wait until the 1 minute mark though. :)

Pae & Sarah

That is not the melbourne shuffle.
Its a poor attempt to do the running man which alot of hardstyle hasters call the angry running man stomp. I t sahould be banned because its obnoxious and stupid and requires hardly any skill, especially at that BPM

eggman88888 said:
Can one of my BL support crew pipe up and support me when i say the dance i'm seeing on all of there youtube links is just top rockin?

Because i have consulted with the schematic chart that came with the NYC Braekers 12 inch vinyl and the dance looks the same.

so are we really waxing lyrical about a dance from 1978?

but i guess we are talking about Melbourne =D

I will admit that some of it looks like the stomp but if we are gunna get all serious about it then I will have to bow out of the convo cos I really wouldnt know aq stomp from a shuffle from a snuffle.

Its all unco-ordination to me.

I do a right brilliant Mazza though.............damn Im good.

It doesnt even look like the stomp is the funny thing. The real stomp has a breakdance move or something simular every build up or off beat, with maybe a spin in between. That PHD sahuffle they call hardstyling just looks fuckin retarded. Yes more retarded when brisbane stompers do that russian dance on the floor thing.

^ that too took me by surprise when moving here from melbourne; queenslanders have their own style of "shuffle" and laughed at my melbournian style of dancing; claiming THEY originated the shuffle. everyone wants a piece of the ownership pie.

on topic: banning a style of dance and expression has always been an issue in society and linked with illegal activity (breakdancing, "gang" dances eg. crip walk etc). its a ridiculous concept and one thats entertained solely by the naive and bitter.

how will they police such an act in the event that they recieve the support theyre asking for? what consequences will one suffer if they choose to mc hammer across the dancefloor?

...kytnism...:|

what consequences will one suffer if they choose to mc hammer across the dancefloor?
^hahahaha :)

This whole idea is so funny! People honestly need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

I've seen some near-misses and some not-misses involving young ladies being sideswiped

^ Well obviously it should be outlawed now. Back when i used to go out id often be sideswiped by shufflers, yes, it's fairly traumatic 8)

I think i know the type of clubs they are probably talking about, the ones where noone dances and the aim of the night is to stand around looking pretty :\ fun. Im guessing shufflers stick out like a sore thumb so they are trying to correct their "image".

kytnism said:
^ that too took me by surprise when moving here from melbourne; queenslanders have their own style of "shuffle" and laughed at my melbournian style of dancing; claiming THEY originated the shuffle. everyone wants a piece of the ownership pie.

on topic: banning a style of dance and expression has always been an issue in society and linked with illegal activity (breakdancing, "gang" dances eg. crip walk etc). its a ridiculous concept and one thats entertained solely by the naive and bitter.

how will they police such an act in the event that they recieve the support theyre asking for? what consequences will one suffer if they choose to mc hammer across the dancefloor?

...kytnism...:|

queensland has their dedicated stompers and there is now a new wave of dancing which includes them both. which i think looks much better than the running man "stomp shuffle"... incorporating both dance styles including spins, drops and backflips certainly looks pretty damn cool.

In two days this frivolous topic has generated 3 pages of posts

haha... I love it

Aus Soc at its best =D

You cant talk about topics like this in the American dominated forums now can you ;)

Not without it getting raped.

Damn I wish I could dance like some of them but...........

how good was it that ecstasy wasnt demonised in the article, and was made out to be better for dancing. (which it is..)

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Well.... not really. It's got a pretty distinctive look and flare about it.
I guess what I'm saying is it's a fucking dance move, not neurosurgery.

The whole point of dancing at nightclubs is to enjoy yourself, not to pick apart someone because they don't meet your exacting standards. If somebody is out there having a good time and not hurting anybody, why does it matter whether they're shit or not? If they say they're shuffling, they're shuffling. It's not like you have to meet some kind of standard before the Dance Police give you a little badge saying "congratulations, you are now a MELBOURNE SHUFFLER." 8(

Splatt said:
That is not the melbourne shuffle.
Its a poor attempt to do the running man which alot of hardstyle hasters call the angry running man stomp. I t sahould be banned because its obnoxious and stupid and requires hardly any skill, especially at that BPM

Splatt said:
That video was pure PHD branded bullcrap.

What he said. The shuffling these days look like spastic epileptic fits on the dancefloors. If people are dancing like this in a club, it's no wonder there's collateral damage. =D

Raz said:

The whole point of dancing at nightclubs is to enjoy yourself, not to pick apart someone because they don't meet your exacting standards. If somebody is out there having a good time and not hurting anybody, why does it matter whether they're shit or not? If they say they're shuffling, they're shuffling. It's not like you have to meet some kind of standard before the Dance Police give you a little badge saying "congratulations, you are now a MELBOURNE SHUFFLER." 8(

Fire up son.

lol.

If you saw me dance then you would wish there were dance police.

Raz said:

I think what DFRS was saying is that whether or not someone is doing the Melbourne shuffle can be objectively determined. It is a particular type of dance with a specific style and steps, as it were. I don't think she was saying "You must do the shuffle exactly right or you suck really badly".