• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Campaign to snuffle shuffle in Sydney picks up pace

*starfalls69* said:
It was only a matter of time before PHD took over!!

PHD has brought raving to the bogans.

Just mosey on down to Flinders St Station stairs any given day after school hours and see the raver skanks in all their glory.

I never shuffled when I was raving but back then - 2002 - 2005, it was way different - none of this Running Man crap.

And yeh, I remember Willrave and Adam going sick, shuffling to some tunes at a house party way back when. Meh - I'm not that old school...but things really have changed and call me jaded, it aint for the better IMHO.

For what its worth, I really hate that stompy shit too DFRS :)

kittymeow said:
Meh - I'm not that old school...but things really have changed and call me jaded, it aint for the better IMHO.

People were probably saying the same thing about the scene when you thought it was at it's prime ;)

Rated E said:
People were probably saying the same thing about the scene when you thought it was at it's prime ;)

Of course....its what happens when you age. Still doesn't stop me hating Hard NRG, and all that bang bang crash crash stuff they play at god-awful clubs like Bubble. AND all the skanky little ravers running around broadcasting what cool druggies they are with their PHD hoodies =D

I live in Sydney. Different ball game here. Trance is, pushed aside, raves are, for weirdos.

We have emo fringes, skinny leg jeans, electro slash indie clash slash fluro wear, ketamine snorting amyl sniffing, imitation Melbourne shuffling (which is as good as skinny jeans let it be) kinda people.

And I love it (while being completely aware that it is just a fad) :p

Rated E said:
What's your reasoning?

He says he enjoys shuffling and likes the way it feels, not 'he enjoyed every dance style and knew how to do them at all times in a way so that he would enjoy them.'

i find it odd that one could love dance music for such a long time and not even dance once in a club before noticing the shuffle. i don't go out anymore and if i did i'd probably just hang at the bar, but when i fell in love with dance it was all i looked forward to doing and i most likely looked stupid, doing a cokehead or whatever, but "i didn't care what people thought".

Rated E said:
I live in Sydney. Different ball game here. Trance is, pushed aside, raves are, for weirdos.

Raves these days are full of underaged wannabe gangsters too preoccupied doing the 'gabber' dance to 'hardstyle' (happy hardcore even) to even know what dance they're doing to what music. Strangely enough they seem to be getting into industrial hardcore and techno, which is a sign that at least they're maturing.

gher said:
Raves these days are full of underaged wannabe gangsters too preoccupied doing the 'gabber' dance to 'hardstyle' (happy hardcore even) to even know what dance they're doing to what music. Strangely enough they seem to be getting into industrial hardcore and techno, which is a sign that at least they're maturing.

Lol I think techno is where every jaded raver ends up at.

Really? I thought most of them joined the electro fad. The slightly more feral ones get into drum and bass and psy, while the really retarded get into hardcore and breakcore.

I've seen a lot of people succumb to the trash that commercial electro is. Ah well, i guess it keeps them out of the places i frequent.

Ravers used to end up haunting breaks clubs and events too. Back when it was cool.

I'm waiting for some creative person to come up with a new dance move I can bag the sydney muppets for copying.

gher said:
Really? I thought most of them joined the electro fad. The slightly more feral ones get into drum and bass and psy, while the really retarded get into hardcore and breakcore.

I know my musical tastes have always been easily compacted into single genre labels *thumbs up*

How about everyone stops being such nasty bitches? It is far lamer to bag someone out for their musical tastes than to like any particular style of music.

Actually that would be pretty awesome.

puppy2.jpg

Last edited:
Back to the original topic, it's been two months since the original article was written. Has anyone in Sydney been or witnessed someone being kicked out of a club for shuffling?

Apparently the idea went to shit. As if they can stop people from doing a certain dance. Well that's what i was told any ways.