• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Campaign to snuffle shuffle in Sydney picks up pace

^ Oh I am well grown out of it, don't worry about that!
Unfortunately the boyfriend now after watching me watch shuffling flicks he is now begging I go with him to a rave club again soon so he can have a good dance. Greeaaat. I'll just sit in the corner and watch, I have forgotten how to dance anything like that now. I need to watch that first teaching flick I posted before i go doing that.

Now I wonder if this guy has any hope. I know we gotta start somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4CfGheNjNU

vanth said:
Isn't the shuffle kind of passe? With the baby powder and everything...

I haven't been to a rave or club for that fact for at least 2-3 years., so I don't know, but I still see ravers around the joint so I guess they are still doing it :/

eggman88888 said:
I just decided I dont like it

Im glad they banned it

Maz is right, fuck your silly dance shit back down to Frankston or whatever hole in the earth you come from.

We have better dances up here like the punch in the face and the kick in the bum

Maz and I will come down to Melbourne for your annual suck-fest and show you all how they are done =D

We could start a group and try and have it outlawed in our town.

And anyone who does it could be shifted down there in semi trailers...........back to whence they cameth from.

lil angel15 said:
This is a better example of shuffling. Wait until the 1 minute mark though. :)

Pae & Sarah

That was actually brilliant ......or it would have been if they had not used all the stupid tricks in the vid..........I just wanted to see the dancing. Obviously Sydney dudes.

MazDan said:
We could start a group and try and have it outlawed in our town.

And anyone who does it could be shifted down there in semi trailers...........back to whence they cameth from.

Look, why just subject it on us, I'm willing to start a Melbourne chapter. Maybe we could have it pushed into the Bass Strait? It really is a stain on Victoria's good name imo :(

^ Umm are you serious? I don't know what the shufflers are like now day's but back in the day he would have been eaten alive if he were to be in a dance off, or shuffle comp or something. Still not that good - too stumbly, and his moves are really wonky. Too stompy....just meh! But like I said, unless the quality of dancers have really gone to shit now... if that's the case they should ban it everywhere just so any memories of the shuffle are not shattered.

It's a marked improvement from April 28th, when his first video was posted.

Proving, that he does have hope, as he is getting better.

No.

You said: "Now I wonder if this guy has any hope. I know we gotta start somewhere" of his first video. I showed you his latest video, and there was a very big improvement.

Then you started talking about the state of the shuffle and dancing today and said his style was too stompy...(?)

He's not the greatest shuffler I've ever seen, I'd probly consider myself better, but that "stompy" style he has is well suited to hardstyle.

I'm sure there was a time, not too long ago when most BL'ers from the southern states shuffled.

Once were raver. :)

This article is absurd... and funny.

It's just the (stupid) opinion of one promoter. He promotes for Soho, Mandalay and Goodbar.

As if anyone dances at Soho anyway.

LOL I personally didn't think there was a great deal of improvement sorry. And if he wants to broadcast his every tiny weeny bit of improvement on youtube, then I would imagine he would expect to raise a giggle in people.

I am aware people will stomp more when they dance to harder music, what I am saying is I don't find his style appealing as he still looks really off balanced. As you said, apparently you do it better... so I hope by saying that then you at least have more balance.

We just come from different generations of the shuffle I spose (so to speak)
I mean, you are saying they shuffle to house music now days? Interesting!

Maybe the club should just throw out people who can't dance and hurt others with their dancing moves rather than banning it all together. That way it might make people get their shit right before attempting it.

I haven't really been clubbing for about a month or so. But yea, you see the occasional shuffler around at house clubs. At the start of the year, people seemed kind of excited over it, and now apparently theres even people who attempt it up at the local club here, though I don't really care to go see lol

It's hard to find good videos of people shuffling to house for some reason...

I like this guys spins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCZaMaoOAAI

This guy ain't that great, but he has the rockin down pat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcUyjnysv6g

Hmm..... if they wanna shuffle to house then they need to funk it up more. They are still dancing like they're doing it to hard trance. House is different to hard trance, so they should change the style a bit to suit.

I am sure you have heard people say that the pills are nothing like they used to be.... well, it seems the same goes with the dancing. I escaped the scene just in time it looks like.

eggman88888 said:
Maz and I will come down to Melbourne for your annual suck-fest and show you all how they are done =D
Insulting our dancing is one thing...

....but nobody insults my sucking!

IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, Ohh classic Raz at his best.

Good to see you mate.

I would expect that like music this shuffle thing will grow and adapt and change as time marches on.

Actually it looks pretty cool and easy to pick up as well, I just had a dance on da kitchen floor wid ma mate and its not hard to pick up.

^^^I remember when I came to Sydney and wouldst dance in the gay bars, lots of guys were in awe of my shuffling....and honestly, I feel really self-conscious even saying that cause I am not a shuffler - I have seen guys who can shuffle and wished that I could do it, but I have no illusions that technically I'm not that good.

I think ultimately what it comes down to is that enthusiasm and the sheer love of dancing trumps any technical ability a lot of the time....it's not a fkn contest, eh. Just go out there and have fun. :)

The idea of banning the shuffle strikes me as being frankly retarded, and problematic. I mean it's really in the eye of the beholder whether you're shuffling or not, isn't it? :\